Advent Calendar 2023

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Hijikata

Re: Advent Calendar 2023

Post by Hijikata »

Thank you for this event!
Spoiler:
I love Alolan Ninetales and Sandslash, I have to resist the urge to collect them x'D
Just one question: How long are they available? Only today?
BAS90

Post by BAS90 »

May I ask if they had to be bred, or were they just adoptable eggs?
Hijikata

Post by Hijikata »

BAS90 wrote: December 10th, 2023, 5:24 pm May I ask if they had to be bred, or were they just adoptable eggs?
They hatch out of random eggs :3
BAS90

Post by BAS90 »

Thank you so much!
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

I really like the idea behind the new monthly! Having Rellor roll a snow ball is such a cool idea ... and I love the facial expressions of the starters :)
(Rellors size is a bit scary though!)
Temy

Post by Temy »

This is really sutch a funny idea XD .. the shocked faces of the startes in the snowball are epic. And all this in sutch a small pic … well done 👍🏻
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

Temy wrote: December 12th, 2023, 7:23 am This is really sutch a funny idea XD .. the shocked faces of the startes in the snowball are epic. And all this in sutch a small pic … well done 👍🏻
same, it is hilarious

i first didn't get it for the break of a second, was staring at the shiny which i saw first and was confused like "what kind of creature is this ?" but i laughed really hard when looking it up in higher resolution.
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

Chapter 2
Over the next couple of days, it dawned on him that it had not just been a welcoming committee. Day by day the snowballs smashed against the windows and walls, but he soon figured out that those weren’t meant for him. They were just stray ones that missed their actual target. But Chocopuff still didn’t plan on leaving his café. There was a war going on outside, and he didn’t want to get into the crossfire.
But since the café was built on the invisible border that divided the town, he thought that maybe he could use that to his advantage. And so he started working on getting it ready for service.
Deep at night, when he was sure that everybody in town was already asleep, he quietly left the café with a bag full of pamphlets. Advertisement for his café that read Chocopuff’s Café - Grand Opening Today - Your First Hot Chocolate is Free!
He sneaked from house to house and put a flier in every mailbox he could find on both sides. Then he went back home and waited for the morning to come.

He had expected at least some response. But the next morning came and went without anyone knocking at either one of the café’s windows facing the two sides of the town. Chocopuff heard the snowball war outside, and how both teams insulted the other. By noon, he was in a grumpy mood.
Now he understood why his father got this café for such a low price. If the townsfolk didn’t even care for free drinks, how was he supposed to make money with his hot beverages?

Chocopuff was ready to lock the door for the night, when he heard a bang at the window that faced Team Oath’s side. But when he looked up, it was just another snowball that had hit the glass. Shaking his head, he continued to turn the key in the lock, when he heard a squeaky voice from outside. “Am I too late?”
Carefully, he opened the door and looked outside. A Pichu, too small to look through the window above her, was rolling another snowball to knock at the glass.
Chocopuff felt his hope returning. “Hey there, little one. Would you like a hot chocolate?”
Pichu flinched and turned her head around. Her big ears twitched. “You are not from Team Growth, are you?” she asked.
“I’m not on anyone’s side.” Chocopuff ensured her. “I’m on Team Café if you so will.”
“Everyone here has to pick a side sooner or later.” she answered.
“Says who?” Chocopuff asked.
“I’ll tell you, when you let me into the warmth. I love the smell of your café.” she said.
“Sure, come on in. The first hot chocolate is free today.” Chocopuff stepped aside to let her in.
“And no one from Team Growth is in there already?” she hesitated.
“You are my first customer today.” he smiled.
That seemed to encourage her. She hopped onto the doorstep and came inside. Chocopuff closed the door behind her and started to boil milk in a pot. Pichu waited patiently, while Chocopuff put all of his effort into creating the best hot chocolate the Tiny Mouse Pokémon ever had. When he was done mixing the milk with the sweet cocoa, he added a pinch of cinnamon and just a little bit of black pepper. Just the right drink for a cold winter night like the one that was coming.
He served her the steaming hot cup and sat face to face with her. “Now, tell me, why do you think I have to pick a side?”
“Everyone does. That’s the prophecy. And if you don’t, then both sides will try to convince you to join their team. You are new here, that’s why they still treat you with care, but in a few days, gloves are off, and they might raze this place to the ground, unless you decide which team you choose. But since this building stands on both sides at the same time, they might still raze the side that you didn’t pick.” Pichu shrugged, while drinking her hot chocolate. Her red cheeks began to spark after the first sip. “Oh wow, this is good stuff!”
“And how did this all start? Why are you at war with each other? Only because of a strange poem on a stone tablet?” Chocopuff asked.
“The prophecy plate!” Pichu corrected him. “Only Growthies call it ‘truth tablet’!”
“But I’m neither.” Chocopuff said. “I’ll call it how I want to.”
“Whatever. Our founding fathers discovered this place, and the prophecy on the plate was clear. They had to pick a side. And so they did. But not everybody picked the same side. Some wanted to stay the way they were. And some…” she shuddered, “...some wanted to evolve.”
“What is wrong about evolving?” Chocopuff asked.
Pichu’s eyes grew big, and she stared at him in shock. Then she looked at her hot chocolate as if it was poisoned. “Only a Growthie would ask that!”
“Or someone not from here, who genuinely doesn’t know.” he sighed.
“When you evolve, you leave your old personality behind. One day you play with your friends, and on the next, you evolve and don’t want to have anything to do with them anymore! Your appearance changes as well, and your house that was big enough for your family suddenly becomes too small for you! No, I don’t ever want to evolve. And whoever says that evolving is the right way, is fundamentally wrong!” she began to talk herself into a rage.
“I have evolved.” Chocopuff calmly said. “It’s why I am here now. So I can keep the family tradition. And I want to do that. I love having my own café. It’s basically an oath I have to keep. But I had to grow into this. Is that wrong?”
“Depends on which side you are going to pick in the end.” she said. “If you pick Team Growth, it was wrong.” She downed the last mouthful of hot chocolate. “That was amazing! Can I get another one?”
“Sure, if you pay for it.” Chocopuff smiled.
“I believe you said the first one was free? But I still paid for it with information. You owe me a free drink!” she returned the smile.
Chocopuff sighed. A tough negotiating partner. “Will you recommend my café on your side of the town?”
“We’ll see. Are you going to pick Team Oath?” she grinned.
“We’ll see.”

After Pichu had gotten her second free drink, she left the café and Chocopuff locked the door. It was already dark outside, and only a few lights in the windows of the town were visible from here. Chocopuff had always enjoyed the silent peace of those snowy nights. If only this peacefulness would wash over to the next day.
But something was bugging him since he read the poem on the stone plate. Something was off. And that he couldn’t put his finger on what it was, was really annoying. He had wasted so many thoughts about this stupid poem over the last couple of days that it already started to haunt him in his dreams.
And when he was lying in bed that night, his mind still tried to make sense of the stone plate with the prophecy on it.
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

i love the story, the characters are so well done and i''am able to see every scenery in my imagination. i also love team growth and oath (of course growth is the better choice = P) but really cool idea to bring them up.

can't wait for the next chapter
Kaede

Post by Kaede »

Same here, I love the story so far. well written ♡ very curious what'll happen next!
Collections listed in my forum profile.
Eckikiki

Post by Eckikiki »

I really love the story but i am so tired of the cryptic advent calendar, like please stop being that vague. It's not even a riddle i am on my knees begging someone to tell me what is going on almost every day qwq
BAS90

Post by BAS90 »

I'm sorry, but I agree that the clues are just too difficult for some of us. Would be fantastic if it could just be spelled out with what we need to do.
Usagy35

Post by Usagy35 »

Same here, very good the advent calendar, but the riddle today, i dont undestand. Some help please?
Link: http://www.virtuadopt.com/viewadopts.ph ... id=Usagy35
Collecting Lileep,skitty, easter lilies and winter special
buschb

Post by buschb »

Usagy35 wrote: December 16th, 2023, 1:45 am Same here, very good the advent calendar, but the riddle today, i dont undestand. Some help please?
I'm guessing better shiny odds in eggs???
Usagy35

Post by Usagy35 »

Thanks
Link: http://www.virtuadopt.com/viewadopts.ph ... id=Usagy35
Collecting Lileep,skitty, easter lilies and winter special
BAS90

Post by BAS90 »

Thanks!
Shade the Hero

Post by Shade the Hero »

Thank you for the increased shiny rate.
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Eckikiki wrote: December 16th, 2023, 12:44 am I really love the story but i am so tired of the cryptic advent calendar, like please stop being that vague. It's not even a riddle i am on my knees begging someone to tell me what is going on almost every day qwq
Hi! I am wondering which messages you’re referring to? While some might not explicitly state what’s happening (like, what you get), I find that all messages at least point towards the section you need to visit (slots, adoption center etc.).
Eckikiki

Post by Eckikiki »

UkeSora wrote: December 16th, 2023, 10:48 am Hi! I am wondering which messages you’re referring to? While some might not explicitly state what’s happening (like, what you get), I find that all messages at least point towards the section you need to visit (slots, adoption center etc.).
Like one example is the snowball thing? If i hadn't looked and asked in the forum i would not have seen a single snowball. They are so incredibly rare i did not get them outside very extensive looking and even then i found like 10 within this entire week and never casually. I would have completely missed it, i mean i did anyway because i don't have time to grind for them with two jobs lol. Or the day 10 thing with alolan pokemon it was very vague i looked around and then had to check out the forum as well, i did figure out the sparkling one on my own after a while after thinking there might be a new starry Promo hidden somewhere. The other stuff is understandeable so far but it's the cool stuff that is well behind this big barrier of confusion.
Ecco
** TROPIUS **

Post by Ecco »

Lol… Today's "sparkling" event …the first thing that came up in my mind was a champagne party woot woot ( hickupsss ) :roll: :roll:
:king: Image :wub: