Guess the number - elimination modes

You have an idea for site or have a suggestion to make it better? Post here.
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Guess the number - elimination modes

Post by Cyrrior »

Since Ho-oh was added to guess the number a lot of people were talking about the game, having good or bad luck with their chosen number etc.

That made me think about two slightly different versions of the game that I think might be cool for the future:
The way guess the number works now is that there is a "secret" number, you guess what it might be and you are either right or wrong. And then the whole thing starts anew.

So my idea for an additional mode was for the game to simply keep the same number until you got it right. That way you could try different numbers every time to narrow it down and it would feel a little bit less random.

The second spin on it is a little bit more "tactical". The game would still remember the secret number, but instead of just telling you if you were wrong or right it tells you if your chosen number is higher or lower than the searched one (maybe with a somewhat larger timer or a bigger pool of numbers, otherwise it might be too easy).
What do you think?
BAS90

Re: Guess the number - elimination modes

Post by BAS90 »

I personally love the higher/lower idea! I've yet to hit the correct number to win the shiny Ho-oh.
derBhaal

Post by derBhaal »

The higer/lower one sounds like crops where we had to go up and down by narrowing down the path. Always start in the middle of the crops field to to find out where to go or not to go next. If it told you to go left everything to your right side of the cops field was no longer of interest to find the "present/VA".
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Sharing the same IP with my girlfriend wife Yoshiki.
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

Yeah, I also thought of crops when writing it :D I really liked that since it was a nice balance of "randomness" and "actively doing something to narrow it down".
With stuff like that choosing the middle is the safest approach but in theory you could also try some risky guesses. For example if you are searching a number between 1 and 1000 and you guess 900 chances are the number will be lower, but if it turns out to actually be higher you saved a lot of time with one single guess!
Tombery

Post by Tombery »

I'd also support the idea to give hints on the number and raising the timer, making it an hour even.
'Cause of the one minute timer I'm never closing the game's tab, and I'm starting to think I may be addicted xD"
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

I support the higher/lower idea with the hints totally. Would bring back the fun to gtn, also you wouldn't have to totally rely on your luck, but can also be a little bit tactical like you said. Personally I got one right number on the easy mode and then never again, whether medium or hard modus. So this would be a nice change for me personally tbh. Rising the time would be necessary and fair, so you get a better chance to win a Ho-oh, but it wouldn't be too easy. Just a little bit easier for the unlucky ones^^°
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.