Add a Shiny Dex

You have an idea for site or have a suggestion to make it better? Post here.

Would you like a Shiny Dex?

Yes, that'd be cool
97%
No, I'm fine with the way it is
3%

Total votes: 34
Syiren

Add a Shiny Dex

Post by Syiren »

I've been thinking about this for a while, and finally decided to put the idea on here. Whenever I get a shiny I'd go into the pokedex and check to see how many shinys I had that are close together, but the more I got, the harder it was to keep track of.

Just as we fill in our regional dex's and the grayed out images get their color, I was curious if it was possible to have one for Shiny pokemon? The Shiny dex would have all the images (or split between normal pokemon and special ones like promos or monthlies) and would fill in with color as the shiny are obtained?

(edited for typos)
Spoiler:
Name: Mewsic
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Akemie

Re: Add a Shiny Dex

Post by Akemie »

+1!!
I also already suggested it to Yankee in discord :3
Would be awesome especially for trading when someone is seeking missing shinies!
(and for my raffle to see if someone already owns it xD)

We had a "collection-tab" on VA 1.0 and there were all owned pokemon and shinies listed. Would love either this or a little star-icon inside the pokemon-dex-icon. Or like you, Syiren, suggested: Another dex-page with the shiny-pokemon-icons in grey (for unobtained) and colored (for obtained) ♥
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

+1

I love this idea, and I think a toggle-feature for the overall Dex-Pages could work nicely for this. Just like you can toggle the images for individual Adopts Dex-Entries, there could be a shiny-button on for example the Kanto Page where you can switch between regular and shiny.

Ideally, Mons that don't have a shiny form should not appear at all in the shiny dex instead of being greyed out.

Depending on coding-effort, I'd also be perfectly fine if the Shiny Dex would release in stages, aka first we get Kanto, a few months later we get Johto etc!
Screwygirl

Post by Screwygirl »

This would also be helpful for new members who might not know a lot.
Kyuuri

Post by Kyuuri »

It should be easy to download and how fun and satisfying it would be for "shiny hunting" player.
Tango

Post by Tango »

Confirming a shiny indicator in the dexes is something that we have designed for but cannot implement yet. Thank you for the suggestion and supporting votes.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════