What does your VirtuAdopts' name mean?

Here come all discussion on various topics.
Sinfunia

What does your VirtuAdopts' name mean?

Post by Sinfunia »

As a person loving animals so much it hurts me when they suffer, I had met many of them.
And of course I had to name a lot of them for their official documents.

When it comes to names, with thousands of words to choose from, inspired by natural elements or by foreign cultures, you never stop learning! I am curious about your pretty, fancy names.
This is the place for all your stories and memories of your gaming experience on VA!

1. Traditional or made-up names? Tell us the origin of your Adopt's name!
2. Named after fictional characters? Post under spoiler a picture of who inspires you.
3. One to six VirtuAdopts per post - save some for your next post! :)

Sometimes, there is a significant gap between our initial ambitions and what we discover in the Nursery.
Specifically, when - just like me - you name them before they're hatched... :?
I will open the ball with three examples:

Adoptable : his name means proudly in my language. He's a special little guy!
Adoptable : named after Professor Layton himself.
Spoiler:
Adoptable : named after Toa Hagah Iruini.
Spoiler:

:arrow: Your turn!
✦⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘✦
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
✦⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘✦
Fuzzbucket

Re: What does your VirtuAdopts' name mean?

Post by Fuzzbucket »

Puppet (in my signature) is my first Banette, from Pokemon Ruby for GBA. I've transferred him to every generation since. He is currently in Pokemon Home. I'm a top Banette fan!
♡♡♡BANETTE MASTER♡♡♡
baerbelx

Post by baerbelx »

i don’t name any of my adopts except for the one in my sig. her name is smooch because she's a smoochum and i want to smooch her little head. i love smooch.
Image Adoptable
autistic adult | vampire — loving cute pokémon especially smoochum
jirachi100

Post by jirachi100 »

Adoptable This one is named after Marie from Splatoon. She's a pop star and associated with green, so the Pokemon is very fitting.
Adoptable This one is named after Kabbu from Bug Fables. He's a green beetle, just like shiny Karablast here.
Adoptable This one is named after a Yo-Kai Watch character.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableImageImageImageAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

I mostly only name special pokemon, Adoptable after our family dog that passed away years back. I plan to name a shiny Raikou (if I can hopefully get one) Taz after my cat and best buddy who also crossed the rainbow bridge.

Other then that I mostly stick to naming Shiny pokemon. Somethimes I'll keep it simple, for example, Adoptable , because coming up with names is hard.

Other times its fun and means something like, Adoptable which is named after a species of wasp that is also a bright green color. Or Adoptable which is also named after a piranha species that is considered rare.

I also like to name pokemon after characters from favorite TV series. Adoptable and Adoptable are both named after characters from a Disney cartoon called Darkwing Duck.

Then there's the fun and respect of naming some pokemon I get from trades by including the trading partner's username in the pokemon's name somehow. Like Adoptable and Adoptable I don't always do it, but its fun when I can.

My favorite nickname has to be Adoptable I love Mew. I love music. Its the best of both worlds.
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage