Happy Valentines!

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Happy Valentines!

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

You might say, we love giving you promos.

So much in fact, a promo was unexpectedly released just moments ago due to a huge milestone. At 11:30 pm, the 1,000,000th Virtuadopt was adopted! To celebrate this milestone, Million Quintet has been added to the Game Corner Prize Shop for one week. Get yours today for the small sum of 1 Virtucoin.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled holiday news announcement.

For the story behind these two, read the post following this announcement. They can be found in the Slot Machine. Remember to share their love, because you'll need to trade to get the other part of this pair. They are only available for one week, and you might even encounter a shiny one!
ImageImage

For those who know self love is just as important as loving others, Valentines Plusle and Minun can be purchases from the Game Corner Prize Shop for one week.
ImageImage
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Re: Happy Valentines!

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

Missingno suddenly replacing Chansey in the Click Exchange was a surprise for everyone, including Missingno themself. In one moment they were chilling and minding their own business, and in the next they were flooded with clicks from dozens of players trying to gather credits after spending countless of those in the Halloween Event.
And people freaked out when they noticed Missingno, instead of their beloved Chansey. They accused them of murdering their favorite CE filler. They demanded #JusticeforChansey.
But as it is often the case, the truth is far more complex…

It was a cold November evening, when Chansey noticed that something wasn’t right. She was at home, not being needed in the Click Exchange, because everyone was still busy leveling their Halloween monthly eggs. Her job of being in the Click Exchange, getting clicked so that people could gather credits, was sometimes tiresome, especially when no event was running, so she was glad that she could catch a break every now and then. And this Halloween Event went on for over two weeks now. Two weeks in which she could just relax at home, without getting poked by the many users for their enjoyment. And apparently, she was lucky with getting a third week off.

Chansey sat on the couch, with a hot cup of tea in her hands, and a blanket over her body, when she heard her front door creaking. She was sure she had locked it for the night, so it shouldn’t be able to come open… right?
She stood up, when the light in the living room began to flicker. Halloween was over, why did things start to get scary now?
“Who’s there?” she asked, but even after seconds of silence she didn’t get an answer.
Slowly she made her way to the kitchen to grab a knife or some other makeshift weapon. After all, she was just a Click Exchange Pokémon, and as such didn’t know any powerful attacks.
Only the flickering lights from the living room were casting occasional shadows in the dark corridor. Wind blew autumn foliage through the open front door and made Chansey shiver. She had locked it and the lock was still intact, yet the door was open. She closed and locked it once again.
And then she heard a crunching sound. Someone was in the kitchen, eating her food!

She just had to take a look. She wasn’t a small Chansey any longer, she had gathered millions of levels through all the clicking, so certainly she was strong enough to take on the intruder, no matter who it was! If push came to shove, she could take a few hits before getting knocked out.
But when she looked around the corner of the kitchen door, she froze. The flickering light revealed a floating figure, something that looked like a Haunter, but not quite like it. In front of her was a ghost. Not a Ghost type Pokémon, no, a real ghost! A frightened gasp escaped Chansey’s throat and the ghost noticed her and turned around. She made a step back, but the ghost was faster. It just hovered over to her, reaching out its hands.
The Egg Pokémon tried to block it with her own hands and then a loud scream echoed through her apartment…

Chansey was sitting on the couch again, leaning against her new housemate. They were a strange being, but nothing to be afraid of. Once the ghost touched her, it transformed into what looked like a tower of pixels. But they somehow sought her company. And even though they didn’t speak in any way that Chansey could understand, she liked them. And she was sure that they liked her back.
More so she wanted to share her discovery with those who clicked her all the time. That’s why she secretly decided that it was time for her to leave the Click Exchange and let her new housemate get all the love that she had gotten over the last couple of years.

Four days after discovering the ghost in her kitchen, it finally happened. From one second to the other, her new housemate vanished from the couch and appeared in the Click Exchange instead of her. It only lasted for a few minutes before they came back, and she immediately asked them if people liked them as much as they liked her. But the tower of pixels couldn’t answer in any understandable way. Instead, they just leaned against her like always and waited for the next time the Click Exchange was out of other adopts.

They spent Christmas Day together, and only sometimes, MissingNo was drawn to the Click Exchange only for them to come back a few hours later. And when Valentine’s Day came closer, Chansey decided that she wanted to spend her life with them. She secretly braided a floral wreath for them when they were gone and quickly hid it when they came back.

And on Valentine’s Day, she put it around the tower of pixels who seemed to be happily vibing, before a small block of those pixels came loose and fell in front of Chansey’s feet. She took the vibrating block as a sign of reciprocated love and gave her mate a kiss, hoping that they would spend the rest of their lives together.
And it’s up to you to make that happen! Fill the Click Exchange with your adopts, so Chansey and MissingNo can enjoy as much time together in their realm as they want to.
Yoshiki
Total in Love with derBhaal

Post by Yoshiki »

Thank you very much. For soooo many nice and cute Valentine's gifts.
❤️ Sharing IP every day with my husband derBhaal . ❤️Image❤️
❤️
Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

I figured the presence of the MissingNo. is a callback to the fact that when Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow try to generate a Pokemon with an image tied to an invalid ID, it generates a garbled sprite of junk data. So it's like, there's no Pokemon here, so here's a glitch manifested into existence.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
BAS90

Post by BAS90 »

Thanks for the Promos and the story!
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

A Chansey & MissingNo promo? 2 of my favourite Pokémon? Best Valentines ever!
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Saiura

Post by Saiura »

What a lovely story! Thank you for this event as always. Happy Valentines :wub:
Collections
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable AdoptableAdoptable
Dragonclaw

Post by Dragonclaw »

N'awww what an adorable story, thank you very much for your effort, Kitsu and everyone else! I can finally fund peace with MissingNo. and going to be always happy, when I see them. :3

Happy Valentines Day!!
Please only DM me, if necessary. I have really bad anxiety.
Icon: ookamimonster

Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

I don't think anybody's trading their half of the set. Step it up, guys.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
buschb

Post by buschb »

FairyPrincessCynthia wrote: February 14th, 2023, 9:17 pm I don't think anybody's trading their half of the set. Step it up, guys.
I would...If I Could Get One!!!

-edit-
I mean, c'mon, over 3k clicks and not ONE congratz! not even for coins or anything!!!

-edit 2-
>.> I think big brother is watching me, literally ten clicks after I edit this I get one...
CallsatMidnight

Post by CallsatMidnight »

"Remember to share their love, because you'll need to trade to get the other part of this pair"
So, does that mean each person is going to be set to get either Chanseys or Missingnos ONLY, and we'll have to trade for the one we're missing? o:
*got her 2nd Missingno and debating to put it on GTS to swap it*
★ Celena | 30 | She/Her ★
Looking For: Conductor Sneasler (Shiny)
(Thank you, Rehsa! :'3
Twitter | Toyhouse | Click Critters | Subeta

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

CallsatMidnight wrote: February 15th, 2023, 6:05 am
"Remember to share their love, because you'll need to trade to get the other part of this pair"
So, does that mean each person is going to be set to get either Chanseys or Missingnos ONLY, and we'll have to trade for the one we're missing? o:
*got her 2nd Missingno and debating to put it on GTS to swap it*
Yes, this :3

If anyone here needs Chansey and wants to trade, message me. I am determined to get as many as possible (and I want the shinies) xD
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
CallsatMidnight

Post by CallsatMidnight »

Oh okay! :0 Until I saw people post about getting their Missingno's from the CE, I almost thought it meant you'd just have to frequent trades for a chance to drop X'D

My only regret is not being able to encounter a shiny Chansey myself ;w; (But I'll sure as heck try to swap for one LOL)
★ Celena | 30 | She/Her ★
Looking For: Conductor Sneasler (Shiny)
(Thank you, Rehsa! :'3
Twitter | Toyhouse | Click Critters | Subeta

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

Thanks for these promos and the story. ^_^
Spoiler:
Name: Mewsic
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage