Breeding for Regional Variants

Ideas and suggestions that have been reviewed by staff and will not be implemented.
SchokoKitsune

Breeding for Regional Variants

Post by SchokoKitsune »

Hi everyone! :D

I'd love if the Regional Forms of Pokémon (at least the ones that were available already on VA 2.0) could breed.

Aka I would love to grow the Alolan Vulpix Population, and as far as I know, Alolan Forms couldn't reproduce on VA 1.0. Neither Alolan Sandshrew nor Alolan Vulpix can breed at the time of posting this thread, and I'd love if that could change in the (near) future of VA 2.0.

I'd be fine if Regional Forms could only breed with themselves and Ditto, aka if for example Alolan Vulpix male x Alolan Vulpix female or Alolan Vulpix x Ditto would make an egg, but of course, options to "mix and match" with original forms could be fun, too!

In the games, breeding regional forms with their original counterpart is possible, and the form the offspring takes depends on multiple factors: The Region you're playing in, and if one of the parents holds an everstone. Offspring will always be what's native to the region, even if you breed two regional/non-native forms - unless you put an everstone on (one of) the non-native parent. That would get you the form that isn't native to the region you're playing in.

So for VA-purposes, we could say the original forms are always native, and to get the regional forms, we'd need to put everstones on one of the regional parents. Something like a tiny chance of recieving a regional form when breeding with the native forms could be fun, too :D

If you've got any more ideas, or feedback, please feel free to share!