Merry Christmas!

Here come all discussion on various topics.
Blue_Lugia

Merry Christmas!

Post by Blue_Lugia »

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!
I live in Sweden and we always celebrate on december 24th so it's actually Christmas Eve for us today.
I know the rest of the world celebrates tomorrow on december 25th but we are a little strange here in Sweden. ;)
This year, I don't have the energy to celebrate very much due to my mental health.
I suffer from panic attacks and since I lost my dear dog recently, everything is a lot worse....He was my best friend but I figured that I wasn't capable of taking good care of him so I wanted him a better home.
Now he lives with a new family who loves him with all their hearts but my heart is still in pieces. I miss my old friend so much! </3

While my friends are having a great time with their families I feel very lonely.
But, I need to the best of my situation.
I haven't played Pokemon Scarlet and Violet yet and I bought Violet so I hope that playing can distract myself from my thoughts.

How are you guys going to do this year? Will you celebrate with your loved ones? Or are you skipping Christmas like me? :)
The Kanto Team:
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
Sabbo
Like a boss

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Sabbo »

oh somehow this topic went unnoticed, hope you don't mind my belated answer...

sorry to her about your loss and problems, hope you made it through and had a good time with pokemon Violet so far. same here, as for now, i'am not capable to care for a pet, other than a moss ball.

i used to have a horse, saved him from slaughterhouse but he has to be euthanized some longer time ago. he was already a senior and suffering from problems with his legs. i totally feel you, loosing a beloved pet is like loosing a close friend.

at least your dog had a good time with you and was very loved and you gave him to another home because you care about his wellbeing and decided whats best for him. i hope you don't feel too guilty about your decision, cause you are dealing with a lot. i think you are a strong person and trying your best.

christmas in Sweden sounds interesting, is there something traditional typical for Sweden? for some reason i always think about gnomes and ham in the oven x D i would totally love to visit Sweden one day, some of my friends already did and they loved it^^.

i spent christmas with my family, its the same every year, cozy and quiet. my stepmother came up with an ugly sweater motto this year, so everybody got a christmas sweater, i got one with Pikachu on it x D.

EDIT: no problem, thank you for letting me know, i'am always curious about other countries and their traditions^^.
Last edited by Sabbo on March 30th, 2023, 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AdoptableAdoptable
Blue_Lugia

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Blue_Lugia »

I forgot to reply to this and I know that we have left Christmas months ago but I just wanted to say one thing.
Yes, most of us in Sweden do eat ham which we cook in the oven.
We call it Julskinka. Google it. To me it's not real Christmas whitout Julskinka. And Julmust.
A Swedish traditional soda. ;)
The Kanto Team:
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable