A Spicy Anti-Pokedex Idea

Ideas and suggestions that have been reviewed by staff and will not be implemented.
FairyPrincessCynthia

A Spicy Anti-Pokedex Idea

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

This suggestion goes to the site developers. It is a suggestion to change up the way Virtuadopt handles the release of new adopts.

Programming the entire Pokedex is a daunting task. Especially when you have a job, social obligations, and not a lot of free time after all's said and done. It also has the restriction of being forced into releasing the Pokemon in their National Dex order.

Why not just... y'know. NOT release entire Pokedexes at once and make whatever Pokemon available that you have the time for, or feel like doing? Eventually, they'll all be made available over time, and without the massive timesink of having to prepare 60-150 Pokemon (plus their shiny variants) to be released at once.

And there's one pretty cool benefit to going out of National Pokedex order. Two... actually. No, wait, three.
The first is that the community knows what to expect under the current system. A more random pick and choose system means people won't be able to know if the next thing that comes out is Hoenn, Sinnoh, Hisui, Paldea, etc.
The other, of course, is that by leaving the standardized order, it wouldn't take years for Virtuadopt to see a few Galar and Paldea region Pokemon for users to collect.
The third, and this is a fun idea, would be to hold community votes for what Pokemon they'd like to see next. You put out three options for Pokemon / Pokemon evolution trees and let the community have fun with it.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Re: A Spicy Anti-Pokedex Idea

Post by Cyrrior »

Hm ... I don't know. It's a fun idea but I don't think it would work that well. I like that feeling of getting a "massive" update when a whole new region gets released. And it's always fun to see which new pokemon will be the first ones you get. Limiting that to only a handful of new pokemon would make it relatively boring. Also, it would take you forever to get something new, since the chances of getting exactly that new pokemon in one of your eggs would be a lot lower compared to having 100 new pokemon.
That would also lead to those new pokemon being extremly popular in the GTS for the first couple of days/weeks (which might actually be a fun little mix up in the general VA meta, but I think it would soon get pretty annoying).

So, yeah, as a user I don't think I would really like that :/ And from a developers standpoint they could still just program them one by one and then just release them all when the region is done. Or maybe it might even be easier to do them all in one go instead of spreading them out, I don't know.
Tombery

Post by Tombery »

I think Cyrrior is right. Though, this might just be me clinging to "the way things always were" °x°
Tango

Post by Tango »

This has been seen. Dunno how I feel about so nothing useful to contribute.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════