Advent Calendar 2022

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Usagy35

Re: Advent Calendar 2022

Post by Usagy35 »

Finally one gift box in the gts, but what mean today calendar?
Link: http://www.virtuadopt.com/viewadopts.ph ... id=Usagy35
Collecting Lileep,skitty, easter lilies and winter special
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

You should be able to migrate more Pokémon if you have an old account!
Usagy35

Post by Usagy35 »

Ohhh, good news, thanks
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

Y'know, it's a funny coincidence. The other day I found some overlooked dex shinies in my 1.0 collection and I was thinking to myself "I sure hope the limit is increased soon so I can grab those," and here we are.

I wouldn't call shinies of an Octillery, a West Sea Shellos, or a Frillish desirable, but they're still my abominations and they deserve to continue living.

EDIT: HERE'S THE LINK IF ANYONE NEEDED IT
https://www.virtuadopt.com/migrate
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Post by blue4nic »

Are today's migration slots limited? So gone again after 24 hours or do they stay until you have used them up?
I collect all Evolutions of this:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Yoshiki
Total in Love with derBhaal

Post by Yoshiki »

Dont worry they will stay. ;)
❤️ Sharing IP every day with my husband derBhaal . ❤️Image❤️
❤️
Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Post by blue4nic »

Thanx.😀
I collect all Evolutions of this:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Umbregrl

Post by Umbregrl »

found a giftbox finally but can't seems to be able to redeem it. Guess I will wait a couples of days. Did the clear cache and cookie thing like someone says on the post and still not working.
ImageImageImageImage
Usagy35

Post by Usagy35 »

Today 3 gift in a row, thanks
Temy

Post by Temy »

I have Again a code wich dont work .. do i something wrong or why do i have this problem?
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

“Location recognized. Reassembling.” an almost mechanical voice came from the shattered eggshell.
Sprigatito still didn’t dare to look at what she had done. With her thoughtless action she had broken the very thing she had sworn to protect.
“Can that be?” she heard another voice. It came from way above her, from a pile of presents that was stacked until under the ceiling.
She saw the conductor looking up, and a relieved smile was forming on his face. “Boss! There you are! We’ve been waiting for you!”
Sprigatito slowly followed his gaze and saw a small red figure slowly getting bigger as it came closer to them. It seemed to be gliding with some sort of parachute, but when it landed next to Sprigatito, she realized that the creature was just an ordinary Delibird who used his bag to glide down to them.
“Boss? You are… Santa Claus?” Sprigatito asked in disbelief. Everything in here seemed so magical, so extraordinary, from the conductor to the strange-looking Stantler, so now seeing a regular Delibird who was supposed to be Santa Claus was the most unexpected thing for her to experience.
“In flesh.” he answered. “And yet you are the one, who brought me a present! Let me see it!”
Sprigatito froze. She was standing between Santa and the smashed egg, and she couldn’t lie in his face. “I… I broke it…” she stammered, tears welling up in her eyes.
“It wasn’t her fault!” Quaxly came running towards them. “She thought the conductor was lying, and she had a stressful day and-”
“Ho ho ho!” Santa began to laugh. “I doubt that anyone of you could break it, even if you wanted to.”
“B-But the egg.” she sniffled.
“It’s not about the egg, it’s about what’s inside.” he smiled and finally Sprigatito took a look at the damage she had done. Except that there was no damage. In front of her eyes there was a Pokémon which looked like a Porygon that had dressed up in a costume of a tin soldier, including a sharp-edged and dangerous-looking sword.
“Ready for protecting Glaseado Mountain.” the Porygon announced.
“Say, little Sprigatito, where did you find my guardian?” Santa asked.
The Grass Cat Pokémon had trouble comprehending what was happening. “The egg was buried in a pile of snow on the way here. If I hadn’t pulled the emergency brake of the Glaseado Express to enjoy the snow with my friends, I wouldn’t have found it.”
“So it wasn’t because our hungry little fella had to throw up? You put our already tight time schedule to risk because you wanted to enjoy the snow?” the conductor snarled at her.
“And in the end, it was the right decision. Otherwise, Christmas certainly wouldn’t be able to happen this year. I need someone to guard Glaseado Mountain when I’m gone, and I have searched for my Porygon guard everywhere. Thank you for pulling the brake, Sprigatito. You saved Christmas!” Santa smiled.
“Not yet!” the conductor mumbled. “Your tour should have started 15 minutes ago. And judging by the state of the toy factory, you haven’t even prepared your bag yet, right?”
The Delibird’s eyes went big. “Then let’s not waste any more time! Get Chloé ready for the flight. And you three…” he looked at Sprigatito, Quaxly and Fuecoco. “You come with me. I need your help to make it in time!”

They did their best to scoop all the presents into Santa’s bag which somehow never got any fuller. It was like a bottomless pit that the presents just vanished into. Of course the conductor didn’t help in a meaningful way, he just stood there and told them how much time they had wasted already, while looking at his pocket watch. And while it seemed to make the three young Pokémon nervous, it didn’t seem to bother Santa at all. He just looked over to him from time to time. “Have you prepared my sleigh already?” he asked in a calm tone.
“Of course, boss! And you should be sitting in it since…” he looked at his watch once more, “72 minutes!”
“Good. We’re almost done.” he answered and kept packing his bag full of presents.

Chloé was nervously standing in front of the sleigh, being tied to it by her harness. The fairy lights in her antlers were still shining bright when Santa and his three little helpers boarded the sled. “Well, little Chloé, you trained so long for this! Don’t disappoint me!” Santa commanded.
The Stantler-like creature snorted and began to move. A powerful jolt went through the sleigh, and she pulled it through the snow with ease. And then Chloé jumped, and the vehicle began to fly.
“That’s my girl!” he laughed. “Ho ho ho!”
Sprigatito almost couldn’t believe her eyes. They were flying. She began to smile. This was the best night of her life!
Fuecoco looked like he was getting travel-sick at first, but after a while he managed to pull himself together and enjoyed it as well.
And Quaxly was frantic with excitement. The Duckling Pokémon stood up and leaned out of the sleigh to look down to where they had left Glaseado Mountain behind them. The cold winter air breezed through his hair and he was laughing almost like a maniac. “I told you he was real! I told you!”
He sat down on his feathered rump and smiled at Sprigatito and Fuecoco. “What do you say now?”
“You were right. Sorry, I didn’t believe you sooner.” Sprigatito sighed.
“You don’t have to be sorry, little Sprigatito.” Santa said. “There will always be someone who doesn’t believe in what they can’t fathom. Until they see it with their very own eyes. It doesn’t matter if you didn’t believe in me a few hours ago. What matters is that you believe in me now.”
“I do believe in you now.” she nodded. “How couldn’t I?”
“That’s the right answer. Only idiots would deny my existence after flying with me in my sleigh.” the Delibird smiled. “And now we make Christmas happen!”

Silently, Chloé landed on a rooftop, and Santa instructed the three young Pokémon to follow him through the chimney of the house. “What are we supposed to do down there?” Fuecoco asked.
“You are going to help me.” Santa explained. “Usually I don’t just put the presents under the Christmas Tree. People are expecting more from me. But this time, I’m running out of time. That’s where you come in. While I’m putting the presents under the tree, I want you to spread some of this glitter, Quaxly.” he pulled out a small bag with glittery powder in it and handed it over to the excited Duckling Pokémon.
“And you, Sprigatito, I hope you can use your grass-type abilities to make the Christmas Tree even more beautiful.” he smiled. Sprigatito nodded.
“And your task is the most important one, Fuecoco.” he raised his voice to get the attention of the Fire Croc Pokémon. “If there is a plate with cookies standing in close reach to the tree, you take a bite from a cookie. Not the whole plate, not a whole cookie. Just. One. Single. Bite. That way, they know that I was here.”
Fuecoco gulped audibly. It would cost him a lot of discipline not to stuff the whole plate of cookies down his throat. He remembered last Christmas, when the plate that his trainer put out for Santa was empty in the morning. At first, they were happy that Santa had seemingly found a liking to their pastries, but when they found crumbs leading to Fuecoco’s bedroom, they seemed to be angry at him. And staring into Santa’s eyes now, Fuecoco was sure that he knew about this incident.
“Okay.” the fire-type Pokémon nodded sheepishly.

And thus they slid down the chimney. Silently, every one of them went about their own duty, and while Sprigatito worked on the Christmas tree glow-up, Quaxly used a little more glitter than necessary, but Santa let him having his fun. Fuecoco quickly found a plate with delicious looking cookies. He knew he wasn’t supposed to eat a whole cookie, but Santa hadn’t told him how big one bite of the cookie could be. And he had huge jaws which could leave big bites… He decided to bite off two-thirds of the cookie, and left the rest untouched. And Santa seemed to be satisfied with that.
Hour after hour they went from home to home and repeated the procedure over and over again. Fuecoco started taking smaller bites after a few hours and Quaxly used way less glitter than at the start. Even Sprigatito’s grass-type abilities seemed to be getting weaker with every house now.
Of course, Santa noticed that and once they were back in the sleigh, he pulled a blanket out of his bag and wrapped the three tired Pokémon in it. “Go take some rest. You helped me to get back on schedule. The rest of the work is mine to do.”
He didn’t have to tell them twice. All three of them were fast asleep, before they reached the next house.

A poking sensation made Sprigatito open her eyes again. Santa was smiling at her. “We’re done.” he said. “Thank you so much for helping me. I still don’t know why my Porygon guard ended up where you found it, but I’m glad you did.”
“Don’t mention it!” Sprigatito shook her head. “I’m just glad I didn’t destroy it.”
Santa simply nodded. “I think, all of you learned a valuable lesson on your journey. And now you get to wish for something.”
“May I go first?” Quaxly asked.
“Of course.” Santa affirmed.
“I learned that Christmas isn’t all about me and my fun. Others shouldn’t get left behind on it, especially not if it hurts their feelings. I made new friends on this journey and I wish that we can meet again after tonight. That is, if you still want to bear with this overly annoying duckling…” he looked at Sprigatito and Fuecoco, hoping for a positive reaction.
“Sure!” both exclaimed and embraced him.
After a while, Fuecoco stepped back. “I learned that Christmas isn’t about eating as much as possible. It’s about sharing treats and making others happy! And I wish for a big bag of cookies!”
The other two stared at him and even Santa was taken aback. Hadn’t this Fire Croc Prokémon learned anything? “A big bag of cookies? Is that really what you wish for?”
“Yes! I want a big bag of cookies to share them with my friends!” Fuecoco nodded. “In fact, in equal parts!”
“Now that’s a wish I will gladly grant!” Santa laughed and rummaged in his bag. He pulled out an enormous bag of cookies, twice as big as Fuecoco himself. The young fire-type Pokémon was more than happy with it, but he didn’t even think of opening the bag just yet. That would have to wait.
“And you?” Santa looked at Sprigatito.
“I learned a lot tonight. Not only did I learn about you being real, but I also learned that Christmas sometimes is about putting your own needs aside to make others happy. And seeing others being happy can make yourself happy, too.” she said after thinking for a brief moment.
“That is very true.” Santa smiled. “And what do you wish for?”
“I don’t really have anything I want.” she admitted.
“Come on, you have to wish for something!” Quaxly chattered. “We all did.”
“It doesn’t even have to be for yourself!” Fuecoco added.
Sprigatito sighed and thought about it once more. She had everything in life that she wanted. What could she wish for? And then it dawned on her. Fuecoco was right. It didn’t have to be something for her. Smiling, she bent forward and whispered something into Santa’s ear.
His eyes went wide. “What a beautiful idea!” he praised her.

Sprigatito was lying in her bed at home. It was Christmas Day and the events of the night were still in her memory. She had her eyes closed and pretended to be asleep, when she heard a turmoil in her room.
“Woooow! Is that… snow?!” she heard her friend Espurr’s voice.
“Our trainer told the truth!” the Gengar said, almost surprised.
“Let’s wake Sprigatito!” Espurr urged.
“Nah. Let her sleep. She wouldn’t believe it anyway and say that it’s just one of my pranks again.” Gengar held her back.
The Grass Cat Pokémon didn’t have to open her eyes. Hearing her teammates being happy was all she wanted. Just a few days ago, she probably would have boasted about having done something like this. But this wasn’t her anymore. And maybe she would even join her trainer this evening, when he was reading another Christmas story to all of them.

Merry Christmas!
Usagy35

Post by Usagy35 »

Thanks for this gift, one less to migrate
griggio

Post by griggio »

It was fun!
Thank you VA team for the event
Adoptable         Image          Adoptable
BAS90

Post by BAS90 »

Enjoyed the story and Advent calendar-thank you so much! Merry Christmas!
Ecco
** TROPIUS **

Post by Ecco »

Thanks for all the hard work put in this events / advent respect !
Merry Christmas All
Tango

Post by Tango »

The advent was much fun, thank you everyone for all the hard work that went into organizing and creating for it.

Happy Holidays all!
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Karena

Post by Karena »

Thank you so much for the advent calendar.
Merry Christmas!
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

There was more value than simply entertainment that came out of this, analytically speaking. The simple matter of having a day where double credits were gained from clicking on things saw a positive effect in the variety of adopts in the Click Exchange. The Shiny Charm weekend did absolutely nothing for me. (A multiplier on a 0 is still 0 in terms of my personal luck.) But a lot of people got something out of it, so it's definitely a valuable feature. The inclusion of adopts outside of the standard "National release" needs to be repeated, for certain.

I wish to expand on that last data point with its own section. One thing Pokemon Go is known for is themed eggs during events. Themed eggs allow players to collect a whole bunch of something that isn't normally available. Consider doing this again in the future. Perhaps with a separate egg pool below the normal eggs so that people get to choose between normal randoms and event randoms.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Voegelchen

Post by Voegelchen »

Thank you for the Christmas Present Delibird and for the advent calender <3
Merry Christmas! :)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
My old username: Aquana