How to get baby pokemon?

Have any questions regarding Virtuadopt? Ask here!
Serenia

How to get baby pokemon?

Post by Serenia »

Can you breed a jigglypuff with a male from the same egg group to get it's baby form? Can you hatch baby pokemon from adopting eggs?
SchokoKitsune

Re: How to get baby pokemon?

Post by SchokoKitsune »

You can't hatch babys from eggs adopted by Prof Birch - you need to breed for them in the Daycare, correct! Jigglypuff specifically should be available male and female, which yields the best chances for an egg. Second best chances woule be a female jigglypuff with a male of it's egg group, worst chances is Jigglypuff (male or female) x Ditto. Make sure you put money into the Daycare, and at each full hour, there's a chance for an egg to appear, which you can then adopt and hatch.
Serenia

Post by Serenia »

SchokoKitsune wrote: November 21st, 2022, 12:44 pm You can't hatch babys from eggs adopted by Prof Birch - you need to breed for them in the Daycare, correct! Jigglypuff specifically should be available male and female, which yields the best chances for an egg. Second best chances woule be a female jigglypuff with a male of it's egg group, worst chances is Jigglypuff (male or female) x Ditto. Make sure you put money into the Daycare, and at each full hour, there's a chance for an egg to appear, which you can then adopt and hatch.
I thought that jigglypuff had only one gender. I should of said clafairy or something, would that be the same with the clafairy? Breed it with it's egg group? I tried to breed a clafairy with a ditto and it didn't work sadly.
Tango

Post by Tango »

Clefairy also has both genders so best results would be using a male & female of the exact same species (noting clefairy + clefable are technically different 'species'). Every baby except Tyrogue (atm) is breedable without Ditto.

If you're ever unsure of whether a species has both genders for breeding you can look up any big fan wiki on the pokemon games. VA follows the same rules as the games typically in that regard. Eg: bulbapedia, pokemondb, serebii.net, etc

These are also handy for finding out the egg groups for compatible pairs that are not the same species. Eg: Jynx + Alakazam (male) being a usable pair because they are both in the 'human-like' egg group.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

Eggs can take lots of hours, sometimes even days to appear. If you click, the pair you have in the daycare gets increased chances for having an egg! There's a bar that indicates the progress, and whilst a full bar doesn't mean 100% chance for an egg, it means your chances are as high as they can be. The bar also passively updates once an hour, and it will reset after you get one egg.

As Ditto is the worst mon to breed with overall, you should always try to breed with something else, preferably same species with opposite gender, whenever it's possible. You could also try asking in the GTS for mons of specific gender you might be missing for a better breeding outcome.
Serenia

Post by Serenia »

Tango wrote: November 21st, 2022, 9:56 pm Clefairy also has both genders so best results would be using a male & female of the exact same species (noting clefairy + clefable are technically different 'species'). Every baby except Tyrogue (atm) is breedable without Ditto.

If you're ever unsure of whether a species has both genders for breeding you can look up any big fan wiki on the pokemon games. VA follows the same rules as the games typically in that regard. Eg: bulbapedia, pokemondb, serebii.net, etc

These are also handy for finding out the egg groups for compatible pairs that are not the same species. Eg: Jynx + Alakazam (male) being a usable pair because they are both in the 'human-like' egg group.
I'm sorry, I guess I've forgotten a lot about pokemon. I thought clefairy were only female. What I meant to ask is can you breed pokemon who are only one gender, like Kangaskhan? Can you breed it with a ditto and/or one in it's egg group
Tango

Post by Tango »

All females are breedable, and then the select male-only for babies such as the hitmon group. I haven't tried doing any others like Taurus, but other members have said they are not breedable.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════