Better breeding chances for male only mons

You have an idea for site or have a suggestion to make it better? Post here.

Like this idea?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 15
Dragonclaw

Better breeding chances for male only mons

Post by Dragonclaw »

Hi :)
Title says it!
I think it would be fair if male only adopts like Hitmontop, Rufflet, Impidimp, Sawk, etc. had a better breeding chance with Ditto. At least the same like female only pokemon who can breed with their same egg groups, who have "Going along" then - the second best chance.
Whaddayasay? :D
Last edited by Dragonclaw on November 17th, 2022, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icon: Zhou__Mao

Adoptable Adoptable Image Image ImageAdoptable
Alive

Re: Better breeding chances for male only mons

Post by Alive »

I'd say yes for equal chances for all mons stored in Daycare, especially those that are bred with Ditto. I can't imagine making a shiny hunt with one egg per day or less. So yes vote from me :3
Spoiler:
0 Rh(+)音隠れの里
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
In nomine patris et fillii et spiritus sancti
Tango

Post by Tango »

I like that Ditto is discouraged so you won't just throw a Ditto in the Daycare to live forever. Something I really appreciated of VA's breeding right from the get-go was the encouragement to 'collect' both genders since Ditto wasn't just the lazy/easy answer.

BUT! 1% for pairs that have no alternative discourages these particular adopts; not Ditto (in the cases of like Tauros, Rufflet, Hitmon-group, etc). Which I'm not as much a fan of. It would be great if they had equal chances (2%) with their female counterparts (eg: jynx, vullaby, miltank, etc).

Can't remember how the nidoran pair & illumise/volbeat work here (in the games if you pair them you could get either), but if VA treats them similarly to female-species-only-egg then it'd be nice to have the same treatment for the males there too.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Dragonclaw

Post by Dragonclaw »

I completely understand and know why Ditto is the way it is. I just ask to make an exception for those specific Pokémon, everything else can stay at a low chance, I don't mind it at all.
But my wife Morgrem wants to breed for a shiny Impidimp one day and I just feel like that's going to be extremely frustrating to impossible to them as a casual player, if you get like 3-5 eggs per week, if even. ;w; I just ask for exceptions, not for Ditto to be like in the games.

But yes. Having equal chances for the males like for the females (Jynx, Miltank, etc.) is all I ask for, really. That'd be super neat.
Icon: Zhou__Mao

Adoptable Adoptable Image Image ImageAdoptable
Yoshiki
Total in Love with derBhaal

Post by Yoshiki »

Make male and genderless pokemon breedable. I really would like to breed Staryu and Voltorb. :cry:
❤️ Sharing IP every day with my husband derBhaal . ❤️Image❤️
❤️
Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

My mini-rant from the other day included a "Ditto is crap" component, and that is mainly to the fact Ditto is(/was?) only allowed to be used to breed for Phione and Tyrogue. And every other male-only or genderless Pokemon got a big ol' middle finger.

I've been one to advocate for changing a few of the breeding rules around.
- Allow male-only and genderless species to breed with Ditto.
- Grant male-only, female-only, and genderless species equal chances as same-species breeding due to the fact that a counterpart does not exist.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Jore

Post by Jore »

Yoshiki wrote: November 20th, 2022, 4:02 pm Make male and genderless pokemon breedable.
+1, I think that really should be possible, why is and was this never possible, I don't understand :? Maybe someone knows? q.q

Also +1 to same egg chances for the Hitmonline like Jynx and other Female-only have, simply because they have no alternatives and that 'don't like each other' message is not true and misleading :P

And also +1 for males (Nidoran♂, Taurus, Volbeat etc.) breeding with female counterparts (Nidoran♀, Miltank, Illumise etc.) to have a 50% chance of producing male offspring, would be more fun than using Ditto. ^_^
Yoshiki
Total in Love with derBhaal

Post by Yoshiki »

Jore wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:10 pm And also +1 for males (Nidoran♂, Taurus, Volbeat etc.) breeding with female counterparts (Nidoran♀, Miltank, Illumise etc.) to have a 50% chance of producing male offspring, would be more fun than using Ditto. ^_^
+ 1
love it, sounds fun. :D
❤️ Sharing IP every day with my husband derBhaal . ❤️Image❤️
❤️
Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️