[Official] Event Feedback Thread

You have an idea for site or have a suggestion to make it better? Post here.
KitsuLeif

[Official] Event Feedback Thread

Post by KitsuLeif »

As our first big Event of VA 2.0 has now come to an end, we’ve gotten some feedback over different platforms for it already. But we still want to give you the chance to voice your opinion on it and all future Events. So feel free to share your (constructive) criticism, which can include, but isn’t limited to the following points:

- Which Event are you referring to, and how was your overall experience with that Event?

- What did you like most about it?

- Anything you personally wanted to see but didn’t happen?

- Anything we can do better next time?

We appreciate any kind of feedback, be it positive or negative, just make sure it is voiced in a polite manner. Also, please understand that just because we’re reading every feedback that doesn’t mean we are able to do everything you want, and even if we do, it might not be exactly the way you wanted it to be. But even if your idea might not happen at all, you can still be assured that we have heard you.

If you want to give us feedback to multiple Events at once, please make separate posts for each of them. Yes, you can even give us feedback on small things like the release of Shiny Mew at the beginning of Virtuadopt 2.0, but please hold yourself back until the Event that you want to give us feedback on, is officially over. You never know what might be just around the corner, waiting for you.
Keep in mind that for general ideas or suggestions that don’t have anything to do with past Events, you should still use the respective subforum instead of this thread.

We’d love to hear from you!
Last edited by KitsuLeif on November 8th, 2022, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonclaw

Re: Official Event Feedback Thread

Post by Dragonclaw »

Hey, I'd like to give some feedback!

Halloween 2022

Okay, let's start with the things I enjoyed.
I reeeally loved the story, I enjoyed it the most out of everything, together with Gummy Noibat. I love the idea and that if brought the people together to trade them to collect all colors. <3 I'd looove to see this coming back, especially on eastern with different easter eggs or flowers. I actually think, we had something like this in the past. But in general! More, please!
It would've been nice if we also had all shiny forms slightly different, but at the end, it was fine how it is. :3

But what I didn't like was, well. All just *MY* opinion, of course.

I personally didn't liked the riddle for the breeding promo and that ONLY Kadabra worked, not Abra or Alakazam. Riddles are nice, but the answer should be spoilered somewhere, at least after a day or two. At least with breeding promos, we just burn our money and time for nothing while people who already figured out were not willing to help and just joked around with us. If it was something else, including a riddle, I personally find it okay, but breeding is just boring and time and money consuming. >^< But yeah, putting the answer into a spoiler after one or two days would be appreciated, for daycare promos at least. ;w;

Three monthlies in a row. It's called "Monthly" for a reason, right? It's a nice system, but gets boring very quickly. I like Monthly once per month, but two or three per month is just too much. And additional, we had nothing else to do, but leveling them and trying for Shiny Dr. Viktor, which isn't really interactive as well. It was just a waiting game with nothing else to do. Something like updated congratz promos, clicking promos, gift/candy hunt, updated Raffle and/or new trading promos to have something to do would've been nice.
I also didn't liked that we just got spammed with them, I personally always feel relieved, after the monthlies hatch "Finally a CE that isn't completely spammed anymore, I can hatch normal eggs again!" But that was taken away from me, twice. And I'm not speaking for myself. I know other people have the same thoughts. The second egg was okay, I could live with it. But the third was just pure frustration. Please prepare us for something like this in the future instead of making a mystery out of it, it would help. But after all, in my opinion, the CE doesn't have to be blocked by the eggs for 3 out of 4 weeks in the month. Again, they get boring super quickly and should be something that is truly just once per month. That's okay and enjoyable. But since it's NOT OPTIONAL and you CAN NOT avoid this event if it's annoying you, two or even three is just too much. Give us a break, please. It wouldn't have hurt to make the Glameow and/or Mew Fusion a congratz/clicking promo instead. Or anything else, but a Monthly.
I also didn't liked how late they hatched, it was either 10pm or between 12-1am which I personally really disliked.. And that we didn't really had anything cool for Halloween itself. Yes, the Split Glameow hatched (at 11:30pm for me..), but that was it. It was just hyping it up for Halloween, but at the end, nothing really happend, apart from *another* monthly, which was kinda disappointing. :c I was hoping to see at least 2-3 old halloween promos, especially Vuldoom, because it's literally a Pokémon fusion. But eh. All this hype for nothing / more frustration. Anything for the actual holiday day (d'uh) would've been cool, doesn't even need to be anything new for me. Just grab an old promo and toss it in the congratz/raffle/etc. and I'm happy! Or let us just grab it. >:3
TL;DR: Three monthly eggs in a row with nothing else to do was extremely exhausting. If you really want to do that again, please give us something else, interactive, to do that motivates people to click AND prepare us for them - less mystery. Please don't forget that Monthlies aren't everything you have and that they're different options to introduce the special dex stuff.

The contest was a fun little activity to do, but it still has a small, bitter aftertaste, that it wasn't specificed that we can fusion three or more Pokémon together, because the Thread said "Mash TWO pokémon together" and the ONLY fusion with three Pokémon won. It just feels like a broken rule that got rewarded. ;; I'm sure more people would've used three or more mons if it was clearer and not like "Well, just ask then". It CLEARLY said TWO. I would like better rules for future contests so we don't have to ask for everything and then people are like "Well, you could've asked". I personally have anxiety - I don't want to question everything.
It would've also been good, if it was clearer, that you could draw something yourself or sprite something. I knew that. But many people didn't.
Also, please make the voting private somehow in the future, use different websites for it. The fact that we could just counted the votes and figured out who the winner is just caused quiet a lot of stress. x^x"

I don't know if I didn't forget anything, but but yeah! I don't mean anything offensive torwards anybody, I struggle with expressing myself sometimes, sorry. Eee-
Last edited by Dragonclaw on November 8th, 2022, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please only DM me, if necessary. I have really bad anxiety.
Icon: ookamimonster

Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

- Which Event are you referring to, and how was your overall experience with that Event?
- Doctor Victor's Halloween, 2022
- Overall, I kept busy leveling as many eggs as I could, and filling up empty slots in my Pokedex in the meantime.

- Story was excellently composed and provided a couple of loose threads at the end to lead into a different story.
- The event was spread out over a period of time, similar to the stormy bead event.
- Excellent thematic adopts that also don't scream HALLOWEEN, so people can enjoy them for their horror aesthetic year around.
- Not specifically tied to the event itself because the vote could have gone in any direction: Cute adopts such as the winner are Top Tier in terms of obtainables.

- What did you like least about it?

- You know... there's a certain humor to my statement in this subsection of post that I hope is appreciated. I was trying to click a whole bunch in order to level up everyone's Monthly Eggs, and people kept throwing their normal just-collected eggs from the Adopt tab, which I was not enjoying at all, which is the opposite of what other users were feeling about the situation.
- The secrecy culture has to be tossed. If users keep hiding essential information from other users, that just breeds an antisocial environment. That's not an event problem - It's a community problem.

Remember the Frankenstein's Slaking? Considering the event had Doctor Victor as the driving force of the narrative, there was an unusual lack of his monster.

There's one thing I'd like to see, and the following one that I'd suggest, with an explanation preceding it.

- Moving forward, I'd like to see more appearances from Doctor Victor as a sort of... unique antagonist. Team Rocket just doesn't have the chops for compelling.... well, to put it bluntly, dark storytelling. Doctor Victor feels like the perfect entity that would willingly experiment with life, death, and inanimate objects to produce erroneous specimens, and dare I suggest it - Shadow Pokemon.

- Secondly, in terms of events, this event had 3 Monthly Eggs spread out over a period of 3 weeks. I do not have a positive or negative opinion about this. Now what would have benefitted additional activity from such a drawn out affair would have been some form of Congratz promo in order to encourage further activity from the Click Exchange. Limited time Pokemon or some legacy promo, or even something way out there like Meltan or something, it doesn't matter what. Just something to draw clicks from users.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

-October/Halloween Event with Dr. Victor 2022
- Tried to click for the monthlies as much as I could with damaged wrists (that was a bit stressy) but overall the event was
great

- The fact that you needed to think about how to get Dr. Victor (obv. it was via breeding) but which adopts you had to use as
his 'parents'
(Not complaining about keeping that secret though, since it was mentioned and guessed right in the discord after only just
few hours and people could have asked others directly for the formula)
- The story, which was quite well written and nicely spaced out in regards to reading it and tying in with the adopts
- The artwork of the new adopts, which were very fitting for that event

Maybe make a guaranteed click promo tie in also next time? Doesn't matter to me which as long as it ties in with story or its
depiction (like the Zombie Lillipup or the Monster Tangrowth from VA 1.0 for Halloween, for example)

No opinion on that since I thought the event was pretty well planned out and I know the difficulties of making good events
from another website. So I'm just going with what you throw at us the next time.
SchokoKitsune

Re: [Official] Event Feedback Thread

Post by SchokoKitsune »

Soo, let's do Halloween 2022 Feedback!

Overall, I loved the Halloween Event - I was sceptical at first, when just a few pieces of the Story existed in the beginning, and most people where still trying to figure out how to get Dr. Victor. I was worried I wouldn't be able to grab a doc for myself, especially not a shiny, as I was afraid the breeding promo would be replaced by Halloween-Stuff, not lead up to it! A little more information up front would've been amazing. Maybe for the next big event, we could get a rough estimate timeframe, eg something like "event will run for ~3-4 weeks". If the event is still multiple things (Breeding Promo, Monthly(s), a Contest, maybe Click-Prizes) we will still be surprised with each new thing during the event!

The Story got better with each little snippet, and I'm so goddamn in love with the (purple) Gummy-Noibat!! Please, let that Adopt return in the future qwq
I also really loved the fusion-contest - but I didn't love the way stuff was communicated. Like Dragonclaw said, maybe state the contest rules more clearly next time, edit (frequently) asked questions from other platforms like Discord into the Forum-Thread, and make the voting in the end anonymous so that, even if we wanted to, we can't spoil ourselves the fun. Google Forms would work nicely for that!

I wasn't happy with the 3 "monthlys" back to back, but that mostly comes from me liking to be prepared. Had I known we'd have 3 of those types of eggs, I could've prepared better for them, and it would've been fine. I can usually not click a lot during the week, and I was busy the last few weekends, so I wasn't really motivated to click. A guaranteed click prize, or even just a promo that is available as a random Congratz during the Event, could've helped with that too, if it isn't possible to tell us beforehand how long an event might run!
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

Halloween Event, the whole thing.
I think it was very creative, with the story and all, but also a little bit confusing in the beginning. Without help from others, I didn't realise that the event already started; I just thought that it might start in a week or two later. Also I need the help from others on how to get the Dr. Victor Promo; I was tbh never a fan of these kind of puzzles, with no clues at all. But getting eggs happend really quickly, that was very nice.
The competition with the pokemon fusions was very funny and the voting system very fair. There came lots of creative fusions of of this.
The monthlys,personally, I think they are amazing, normal and shiny. But I think one week was not really enough.
Overall I liked the event and it was a very nice experience.

The creative designs of the pokemon, the old ones which were reused and the new ones.
And the cool story. Thanks again for that!

Nothing I can think of now, tbh. I just enjoyed the event and what came with it. I never had any expectations or anything.

I know it's more a me problem, but I would prefer if we had more time for the monthlys, not only one week, but two, so we have more time to click at the CE for the higher shiny chance. This month is also NaNoWriMo, which also needs a lot of time. Again, maybe more a me problem, but I found it very stressful to click several hours, while attemting to NaNoWriMo and doing privat stuff too. I usually need around an hour for 2k,3k credits, it really depends on how much I can make and how fast/slow the page is. Sometimes it was just 1k in an hour.
And I wished several times, that we could get not only one credit via click, but like the money 1-4. Or even something like the double money tuesday, just on another day and with the credits. That would have been very helpful tbh.

Also it would be very nice, if you would not only announce the start of several events or whats running right now, but also the end of it. Like, "tomorrow do the monthlys hatch" or "today is the last day for Dr. Victor". Not just by guessing or rumors, no, official announcements. So people can better plan their VA time into their daily live and know, how much time they need to invest.
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Last edited by Inactive on April 17th, 2023, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonclaw

Post by Dragonclaw »

Christmas 2022

I already said it multiple times, but I love advent calenders! I got so excited when it was announced. ;w;
I loved the ideas for the daily events, which were mostly really fun. Seeing old features coming back, like the clicking promos, gift hunting, increased shiny chance for a weekend, etc.! Overall, it was a super fun expierience and I would love to see something like this again next year, on a better server.
I also love the return of an old monthly. It's not my cup of tea, but it makes me really excited for future events. And the introducing of the new starters combined with a (probably) really cute story. Sorry, I haven't read it. ;; But all new promos were absolutely adorable and well designed. Thank you so much for them, Sora.
But oh my god, please bring something like the icy eggs back! But with different types and again, with 2-4 adopts that aren't available yet. For example, an increased chance to hatch Eevees or even full evolutions from generations that aren't even out yet or are harder to get (alolan/galar forms, mega stones, ...). Or for spring, grass, bug, normal, psychic (day), flying, fairy types. Summer fire, water, rock, electric, dragon and ground. Fall, dark (night), ghost, steel, poison, etc. and for winter ice, normal, flying, fighting. Something like this! Maybe a monthly event? That'd be so cool. ;w; Pleeease bring that back! Especially on the new server.
And I acutally liked and enjoyed the monthly this time on the new server. I wouldn't mind having two in a month, or perhaps even three in a month again. But event only, methinks. Having three monthlies every* month or even just every two months would still be too much, but sometimes? Totally fine. But anyway! It was fun!

I was hoping for some old freebie promos in the calender.
Maybe another small contest/activity with a little participate prize, since people are super busy in december. Or bigger prizes, but with more time (until the end of January, or smth)
A weekend were we could adopt 20-30 eggs instead of 12. (But on the new server, please >_<)

Uhm. Well.
- There's just a thing I have to bring up again. The spawn rate for the Christmas Promos was so frustrating at first! It took me 120.000 Clicks to get ONE of them. And I was not alone with that. It got adjusted and a thousand times better, later, but it would be cool if we could have a fair, balanced spawn rate from the beginning the next time. They are not suppose to be rare, in my opinion, just a little gift to hype you up for the event and christmas. At least in my opinion. The shiny rate was also non-existent for the first two weeks, we LITERALLY had 0 of them, before they got increased, it was super upsetting. ;w; Please plan it a little better next time, that'd be super cool. ;~;
- I think, at this point it's useless to complain about the old server, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to think how much more exciting and fun the events like the icy eggs, double shiny weekend and increased congratz chance would've been without the lags and constant crashes. I opend the calender door and was like "Omg, how cool! ... wait, the server won't survive this. Bleh.~" I'd just like to see those events coming back for other events or even just for a little random activities for a week(end). It just sucks that such an event was planned, fully aware that the server won't make it. But when we got the "sneaky" new server, it honestly felt like a blessing. I still can't believe it. VA wasn't so enjoyable since... ever for me. Thank you so much!
- But I question some of the old adopts that were choosed a little, pretty much only the raffle ones, tbh. It would've been so cool to see other adopts there, like Snowball Pichu/Cleffa or.. mm, I honestly barely remember the winter promos. But eck, not really happy with that choice, personally. But the other comebacks were cool, like Porygon and Delibird c: But maybe they just came back because of nostaliga, which would be okay, I guess. Still, not a fan. But that is just purely personal preference. Looking through the old promos and seeing so many awesome ones there, but getting the ugliest, oldest ones is just.. yeah, something xD But not too much of a complain! Will stay tuned for the future. x3
- Personal opinion, not personal to the writer's story or the writer themself: The story was way too long for me. I loved the Halloween one, the lenght was perfect. A few more words would be also okay. But eek, I just saw this textwall and thougt "NOPE, thank you", which is sad, I'm sure it was incredibly cute. A pure assumption is, that I'm not alone with that. Not many people said anything about the story. Maybe there's a possible way to make it a bit shorter next time? If not, that's okay. ;v;" I really don't wanna offend Kitsu, they probably put tons of effort into the story and it would be disrespectful to say bad stuff about it, I just simply ask if there's a way to shorten it a bit in future events. Or maybe it's just me. Aaaa- Maybe my words are completely useless, because again, I didn't read the story, maybe it wasn't possible to make it shorter. I don't knoooow aaaa* Or or or maybe just release a small part of it every day next time?
- If the clicking promo (Conductor Sneasler in this case) will return and there's a shiny version, please make the last one a guaranteed shiny, regardless of if you got one in the previous 10. This would just be a pity system. Some people really care about their OT and it's really sad to see some people getting 3-4 shinies and you got none. (I got one, my 9th, but almost all of my friends didn't got any and some people in Discord were sad about it as well.)
- If the 1h raffle event is going to come back, please reset and then expand the winner list to 15-20 for a day. People are greedy. It was painful to see some people win two promos in that day.
- Make Alolan forms breedable, I beg you. And all future "early released mons" too (except legendaries/promos ofc). ;___;

That's a lot of "complain", but seriously, I enjoyed the event. Thanks for it. And.. nnn- thank you for reading this? But especially thank you so much for this event! I enjoyed it so much on the new server. I can only imagine what a fun experience it would've been on the new server from the start.
Please only DM me, if necessary. I have really bad anxiety.
Icon: ookamimonster

Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

Christmas 2022:

Positives:
- Double Credits Day
- Shiny Charm Weekend
- Egg Day
- Alolans in Eggs + Themed Random Egg pool
- Guaranteed event promo with a a theoretically unlimited quantity if you're willing to keep clicking another 10,000 adopts for each one

Negatives:
- Promo Congratzes for the starters were set too low initially
- People won't stop spending money to buy 5,000-10,000 tickets in a single raffle (That's a general negative of the site, not an event issue). The raffle needs a spending ceiling in order to instill an environment of equality between the most active users and the people who have obligations outside of Virtuadopt.
- The Wyrdeer hint was too vague. It's not a good hint if a whole bunch of people are asking for more information. It would have better been written to suggest users help one of the themed event characters find lost presents.

Suggestions:
- Make Double Credits Day a standard feature on the site once or twice a month. The faster pace of the Click Exchange almost requires it in order to not see MissingNo. so frequently.
- Themed Random Egg pool is great. Do this again. Though perhaps as a second adopt option below the standard True Random pool. (We don't want to annoy anyone, after all.)
- I'd like to see some kind of Shiny Charm system implemented into the Daycare. Where, and this is just a base idea, you put $100,000 into the daycare and they'll lend you a Shiny Charm until you hatch a shiny., and then they'll take it back and you have to pay to rent the Shiny Charm again if you want to do use it for another shiny.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Pheria

Post by Pheria »

Christmas 2022

- The system to claim Conductor Sneasel. I like seeing how many clicks away I am, and it’s a big motivator for clicking more.
- Double credits day - would love to see this regularly returning like the double money day!
- Advent Calendar in general - I’m a big fan of those and I loved how the story for the event always matched the daily door

Dislikes:
- The raffle. I’ve only been able to claim one of the Christmas promos with a LOT of luck because people constantly buy 1000+ tickets. This is a general thing Ive always struggled with on VA since I’m a casual user and can’t spend as much time on this site as I’d like. I think there needs to be a ticket cap or a limitation on how many of each raffle Pokémon a user can claim

- The gifts. While I love the prize, I couldn’t get my hands on any Wyrdeer as I am mostly using the site on my phone and it’s impossible to go into user’s boxes and click all eggs for a chance to maybe find a present - and randomly clicking around the site isn’t as effective as I’d hoped

Generally I’d like to say that I’m so happy VA is back and running as well as treating us with events! I was very happy to see so much action on this site during the Christmas event!
If you feel like you're going to crash...
AdoptableAdoptable
...a c c e l
e r a t e !

Post by Syiren »

December 2022 Advent Calendar.

There was a lot of amazing things that happened during this event! But I'll name off some of my favorite day/weekend events.
1. The new Holiday promos. The art is cute and it's a very nice surprise to randomly get in the CE while clicking and hatching.

2. The Icy-type weekend. It was a lot of fun hatching a specific type of pokemon. Throwing Eevees in there too was very nice.

3. Increasing shiny odds was awesome, and I'd love to see random shiny charm days more often. Maybe even as a once a month event?

4. 4x's money day was amazing.

5. Double credit day was extremely helpful and enjoyable.

The event overall had far more hits than misses. It wasn't perfect, but it was nice seeing everyone more active and seeing everyone helping each other out with trades, encouragement, and it was a pleasant event.

I was honestly hoping we'd get a Christmas floodgate of Gen 3 pokemon. I'm not unhappy with what we got, but that was what I was hoping for as a grand finale. (Maybe we get it for new years? New year/new gen?) *insert puppy eyes here*

Timing and announcements for big or permanent changes "BEFORE" they go into effect would be very much appreciated. I've expressed my dislike for the Team Rocket backroom price increase already, but it's not so much the amount of the increase (it does sting though, ow.) it's the way it was handled.

On the very same day we get a promo that can be easily missed if you're not careful and have to go to the backroom to claim, we discover the cost has almost tripled, and we were not told it would happen. The promo was part of the calendar. And you'd get it by clicking on a gift box, but if missed then having to pay to get the promo is literally buying your own gift, thus it's not longer a gift and feels more like a punishment for not scanning the page carefully every time so you don't miss it.

Also, when some would spot the gift box and click on it, Giovanni would laugh at us and tell us the code was wrong, forcing us to wait to get our promos. I understand this was a glitch, but combined with the part directly above it felt more like salt to the wound.

I realize none of that was intended to cause stress or grief. It's trying to balance the game. I both get and respect that. A price increase is fine as well, but in the future if we could be told via an announcement of changes that are going to be put in place, that would be very much appreciated.

For the most part, I LOVED this event. And I can't wait to see what the new year brings. Thank you, Yankees and Staff for making this event happen. ^_^
Spoiler:
Name: Mewsic
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

Christmas 2022

Double Credit Day, the promos (old and new ones), the monthlys, the new server with faster CE, higher Shiny Chance for the starter promos, higher congratz chance, gifted random items

Because it happens when the old server was still in service and many people weren't able to be very active on days like higher shiny chances from eggs or higher congratz chance, I hoped, that they would come back again. So users get another chance to use these bonusses on the newer server, which doesn't seem to crash very easily.

Also, please, make double credit day a regular thing. As someone who needs credits more than the money (because I level my pokemon a lot), it would be very helpful. Also I don't always want and can't take my time to spend all day on VA.

The thing with the presents; a more me problem, but most of the time when the presents were around (don't know if they still are and I'm just very unlucky again), I was a mobile user on a tablet. Using click boxes with multiple tabs wasn't an option for me, and randomly clicking around the page never really helped me. Maybe increase the chance for them to spawn? I personally found only two of them randomly, but even after I was able to return to my PC and do normal clicking with multiple tabs, the presents are to shy to show themself to me.

Also, please repeat daily bonuses if users can't use them because the server is crashing all day long. For example, higher congratz chance day, me and others spend more time way waiting for the server ro return than actually playing on VA.

And don't increase the money for the backrooms again, please, 25k is a lot for casual players^^°

Edit. Totally forgot, the last jump of clicks to get from Conductor Sneasler, the last 50k at once to get the last one is a little bit too much, the others feels enjoyable and makeable, but the last one - to much clicks for one step X_X
It would be better, if the last 50k were a part of the steps before the last one, so it wouln't be that much at once.
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

Which Event are you referring to, and how was your overall experience with that Event?

Christmas 2022

Overall, I feel like I had some rose tinted glasses put on after we had the sneaky server upgrade. :D
I was very happy about all the new Promos as well as the different ways of distribution. And while I personally feel like the choice of old Promos for the Raffle was a bit odd, I do also enjoy the change of raffle-promos for the season.

What did you like most about it?

I really loved the Advent Calender and I hope we get another one in December 2023! I've also really enjoyed that we could get the Delibird Promo in the end for so cheap that it was basically free, because as a casual, I'll happily grab anything easy/free I can get my hands on. Talking about that: I liked the way the Wyrdeer was available, because that allowed me to try for a shiny without wrecking my wrists while clicking in the CE.

I've loved the adjusted spawn-rate of the Christmas-Congratz-Prizes - I was able to get 4 shiny christmas mons, as well as lots of extra regulars for the collections of my friends. If the spawn-rate of these special prices could be like that from the beginning the next time, that would be great!

And I liked the guaranteed click-Promo, Conductor Sneasler! At first, the amount of clicks needed per Sneasler seemed like a lot, but with the new Server, it was perfectly fine. Please do not raise those numbers for the next time Click Promos happen. x_x

Anything you personally wanted to see but didn’t happen?

I was hoping for time based advent calender doors that were close to unplayble thanks to our old server to make a return with the new server, but I'm not giving up hope for stuff like higher shiny chance (both for hatched eggs as well as congratz-promos) to come back on a more regular basis, independent from the Advent Calender.

Anything we can do better next time?

Please, please make time based advent calender doors available for longer timeframes. Stuff like shiny chance enhancements, or the "Icy Wave"-Eggs would've been great over 2-3 days during the week, or a weekend - both because our old server was prone to dying when I had time to click, and because december just tends to be one of the most stressfull months of the year and having more time for special events in games would just be nice!

Also, please adjust the way guaranteed-Click-Prizes work. Please make the last one you can get a guaranteed shiny. Not being able to get my own OT shiny Sneasler out of the 10 Sneasler you could get was one of the biggest negatives about the Advent Calender for me. :( (And having the last one be a guaranteed shiny would also justify the fact it takes 50k clicks!)
Screwygirl

Post by Screwygirl »

I'm new to the site and new to Pokemon, but I have an awesome roomie that keeps me in the KNOW about things. Here is my feedback.

Lugia match game.

It really works my memory. I have a very bad memory, so having to match stuff helps me to work on the skill. I also love how excited everyone got over it. The match game is a good way to shake things up. I loved the story, too. Very creative!

A notification when you actually get a Lugia. Having to check back and forth is a little annoying.

(Please note: This has been written with the utmost respect.)

10 minutes per interval is a little much (especially for an "out of sight, out of mind" person like me. If you want to regulate how many are going out, put a limit on how many one can have or maybe lower the time down to two minutes. In my case, it takes me 10 minutes to finish the match (because it's huge)... then I need to wait another 10 minutes? I see this in normal gaming, as well. Developers will see a few people who have found creative ways to play the game. The developer thinks that it makes the game too easy and affects changes... which makes it harder for all of us normal people who aren't creative geniuses.

In other words, don't punish the majority for the actions of the minority.

Other than that, wonderful event!

EDIT: Just found out that the 10-minute timer starts the moment you press "Let's Play". Since it takes me about 7 to 8 minutes to finish the match, I honestly have no problem with the limit. Others, who are faster at it, might take issue, though.
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

Let's do a two in one feedback-thingie. We'll start with the Summer Event - then I'll talk about the Lugia-Event that followed and is currently going on.

Summer 2023 - Aka July 2023.
Overall, I really liked how much we had going on in July! I love all the new promos, and the story was really nice to read, even tho it might have been a tiny bit strange every now and then (looking at you, Takoctilleryaki.)
I personally feel like it was quite easy to figure out the breeding Promo this time, putting hints in bold font so they are easier to see seems like a good thing! And I liked that we had the informations of the promos availibilities quite early on!
I also loved how the month just randomly started with Bidoof-Day, of all things :D

Being able to collect Takoctilleryaki. <3
And the ability to get unlimited Mizu Cake Duosion out of it's Match Pack! That was a really nice change.

I've been missing something like a double credits day, or a "higher congratz chance" weekend, considering how many Slotmachine/Congratz-Promos we had towards the end of the month.
While I do like that there was so much to grab, it felt harder to get what you actually wanted the more we progressed in the event. Perhaps in the future, when the redesign is done, more ways to give out Promos could be implemented. Either more minigames, and/or something similar to the Gifts we had for Wyrdeer (Christmas '22).
I also wouldn't have minded another Prize Corner Coin-Adopt, but maybe that's just me because I already had most of last years Raffle Mons that are currently in there.

Except from the things I would've wanted to see in the paragraph right above this one, I'd love you guys if it was possible to change the Guaranteed Click Promos in a way that would also guarantee that Promo 10 out of 10 would be a guaranteed Shiny. Especially if you didn't get one before. I feel like for these Event Promos, it should be able to get one yourself, with your own OT, if you want to put in the effort.
100k Clicks in one month is a lot, especially for all the casual players out there, and if you put in the work, you should be rewarded accordingly. And on the other hand, knowing the 10th Promo would be Shiny, maybe more people will feel motivated to do those 100 thousand clicks in one month!

Also, but that might be a personal issue: I would've prefered if we did a Bidoof-Weekend instead of a Bidoof Day. I'd always prefer two-day-events over one-day-events, because that gives more people the chance to log on and participate! owo

Noooow, onto the currently ongoing Lugia event...!

Lugia's Release (Can we title it "The Match Crisis of 2023" because we've all ruined our brains with Match during the Summer event already, and know Lugia's Diving Set is even worse? xD)

While I do like the idea of a Promo being available in certain weather conditions, I feel like it should be pointed out more/on the Event-Match-Set that you can not get Lugia unless it's raining. I do like the fact that the Match-Set is permanently available now - it seemed to have confused a lot of players that it suddenly vanished for a day. But I don't like the idea of people playing the Diving Set while the weather doesn't fit and wondering why the heck they never get their Lugia. And we all know some people don't check the forums, or don't read everything even if they check the forums, so perhaps a warning banner similar to the current timer banner would be something to consider.

I love that it's also available as a shiny! I personally really like the limit that is now active on Lugia, aka that each of us can get 5 regular and 2 shiny versions - this way, it's limited like Ho-Oh, it's "partner legendary", and we all have the chance to get a shiny even tho we might've already reached the regular limit.
Seems very logical to me that Lugia has the same Limitations as Ho-Oh, and it would make sense to me if similar limits would be put into place to similar "sets" of Legendaries (like Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza, Latias+Latios etc, aka that each set has the same limitations so we don't end up with 500 Groudon and 6 Kyogre.)

A Weather Forecast NPC would've been a nice combo release together with Lugia - but what hasn't happend yet could perhaps come in the future, together with a smiliar weather-tied mechanic...? That way, you could plan ahead on which days you click, and on which you'd rather play some minigames! :3

Implement the Limits right at release, please. I really don't mean that in a rude way - what has happend, happend, and we can't change it. But I really, really hope it can be done better in the future. I'd rather take an expansion to a limit if we realize the numbers of an adopt are too small, than end up with another situation like this one.

And while I'm not in love with the Timer that is on Match now, I can live with it - I'd just prefer if in the future, whenever there's multiple Event-Matches at once, Timers would be independent of each other so you could more freely switch between them if you'd want to.
(But I'm glad the Timer was adjusted according to feedback of the community! Thanks for listening to us ♥)