A Trading Point - System to trade unwanted adopts for (retired) Promos and random Regulars!

Ideas and suggestions that have been acted upon and implemented.

Would you want a Trading Point?

Yes
76%
No
6%
Yes, but only with Limited Uses of Random Promo Exchange per Month
18%

Total votes: 17
SchokoKitsune

A Trading Point - System to trade unwanted adopts for (retired) Promos and random Regulars!

Post by SchokoKitsune »

Hello everyone!

An idea I had a few times already came up on the Discord again today, and I thought: Why not finally post it in the Forums and see what others think of it?

So, I am very well aware that this website is a collection website. While I love hoarding a few of my favorite Pokemon, I also love having a full collection of everything that's available. I don't personally need every special or promo adopt in their shiny forms, if they are available, but I'd love to at least have one copy of each regular adopt, and each non-shiny special dex adopt. And I feel like a lot of the users on this page would also like to have (somewhat) complete collections!

We currently have some "special" adopts that are required for the regular Pokedex, like Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, or Raikou, Entei and Suicune or even Mewtu, that aren't always available. The Birds are already retired. Mewtu was only available in the Raffle and is currently unavailable.

Then, there's a whole lot of actual special adopts, like the seasonal Raffle Adopts or the Monthlys, that we will most likely not see again anytime soon, and that can be very limited due to the timeframe they were available in. (There's for example only 56 Summer Jumpluff, 40 normal and 16 Shiny, according to it's dex entry.)

I think that it should be possible to have some way to get old, retired special/promo-adopts in exchange for a set amount of "regular" Adopts you do not wish to keep - which would also help save server-space in the long run, I'd assume.

There's multiple ways that something like this could be implemented, and I'd gladly take any of them!

Here is a suggestion of what I'd personally think could work out really well:

A permanent Trading Point on the Explore Page, where you can trade your (unwanted) regular, hatchable adopts for "trading credits".

These trading credits can be used in different ways - the most important for new players would probably be to use a set amount of credits (let's for example say 300) to get a retired Legendary of their choosing, like Articuno, that they might need for the normal Dex.

There could also be a sub-section in the Trading Point, named "Random Exchange", where you can use a low amount (say 10) of your trading credits to get a random, regularly hatchable adopt, or a high amount (~500?) to get a random (retired) Promo.
The pool of available Promos could change over time, maybe monthly or every two to three months. The available Promos could be a mix of special Promos that are retired and that are still available, they could include old Monthlys, and there could even be Promos that are exclusive to the Random Exchange. Those don't need to be completely new ones, a few older special adopts from VA 1.0 that we couldn't get on 2.0 would be very appreciated as well! owo

If you're thinking: Hold on, that seems unfair to me - people with over 10k adopts they don't want could just throw those away to grab random retired Promos now...? Well, my plan doesn't include always having all the Promos available! That's no fun. This is supposed to help new players to get a chance at getting full collections, be it by using the Trading Point/Random Exchange, or by trading with Players that did use the TP/RE to get duplicates, as well as a method for players that are hoarding certain specials to keep adding to that hoard slowly over time! I do not think any of the Adopts out of the Trading Point need to be shiny, I am just talking about regular, non-shiny versions to finish Special Dexes.

If needed, the usage of the Random Promo Exchange could also be limited in some way, so that you can only use that specific feature, let's say, once per week/3-4 times per month, whereas trading for random regulars should be unlimited in my opinion. (Nothing against people loving, say, Geodude, but I'd gladly give away all my Geodude-Duplicates for a chance of grabbing more of my hoarded Mons like Vulpix...)

TLDR: Add a Trading Point, where you can "delete" regular adopts for trading currency that can be used to acquire retired Dex-Legendarys like the Bird Trio, used for acquiring random regulars, or acquiring Random Promos.

Example Maths:
1 "deleted" regular adopt = 1 currency
10 currency = 1 random regular adopt
300 currency = retired Legendary needed for Dex (Bird Trio)
300-500 currency = retired raffle legendary needed for dex (Mewtu)
500 currency = random Promo (could contain retired Promo, could have exclusive Promos - Pool of ~3-4 adopts, could change monthly/every two to three months)
-> if needed limit the amount of random Promo Exchanges per Week/Month and/or the amount of exchanges for Retired Legendarys per month; amount of currency per exchanged adopt is just an example and could be changed by staff to better fit site economy

...sooo, what do y'all think about that? owo"
FairyPrincessCynthia

Re: A Trading Point - System to trade unwanted adopts for (retired) Promos and random Regulars!

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

This is a better system than what the previous incarnation of the site had.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Re: A Trading Point - System to trade unwanted adopts for (retired) Promos and random Regulars!

Post by UkeSora »

A trading point based on the old one is planned.
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

UkeSora wrote: November 6th, 2022, 9:40 am A trading point based on the old one is planned.
Well, there goes my chance to collect the adopts I want since they will be unwanted again and turned into the tp^^''
Tango

Post by Tango »

'Based on' is key; not exactly the same.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Thalassa

Post by Thalassa »

I hope the new system that's being planned will adopt some of the features suggested here. I think it is important to allow players to grid to get promos/ legends if they couldn't get them when they were available c:
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

Thalassa wrote: November 6th, 2022, 7:48 pm I hope the new system that's being planned will adopt some of the features suggested here. I think it is important to allow players to grid to get promos/ legends if they couldn't get them when they were available c:
Considering my favorite legendary/mythical is Mew, it makes me sad to know that I missed my chance to get one because I didn't realize the site had reset and it was only given out in the first 36 hours. I long for the chance to get a mew. Any mew. Doesn't matter if she's shiny or not.
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

It's an important feature of a collection game to allow new users access to old content in a reasonable capacity. Assuming retention of users is a desired outcome.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Serenia

Post by Serenia »

1+ this, I remember before the reset it was very hard, if not impossible for a new player to get a lot of the promo dex completed because a lot of the userbase were old members who have most of the adopts and the new players really didn't have anything the older players wanted. And I'm really hoping this doesn't happen again and I think this might be a good way to avoid that.