Daycare: Chance for an Egg every 30 minutes?

Ideas and suggestions that have been reviewed by staff and will not be implemented.
AbsintusVeritas

Daycare: Chance for an Egg every 30 minutes?

Post by AbsintusVeritas »

I would really like it if there was a chance to get an egg from Daycare twice an hour, every 30 minutes. Every hour just seems to be far too little. It used to sometimes take weeks to get an egg, and now that there is no way to increase the chance, it would be really good to check every 30 minutes. It's realy not fun at all to wait so long just to complete the Dex.
Crowfeather

Re: Daycare: Chance for an Egg every 30 minutes?

Post by Crowfeather »

Since the Daycare is up, I think it's almost 30 hours, I got no eggs from my Couple.
I think the chance to get an egg is very low. :(
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Collecting:
Persian, Tauros, Houndoom, Kecleon, Pyroar, Lycanroc, Boltund, Dachsbun, Chien-Pao + Anpu Houndoom.
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

+1

Please, anything to up the chances would be great. I'd love to start breeding for shinys, but wanted to complete my dex first, and at this rate, I won't have all the baby pokemon by christmas.. xD

Or give us some way to increase (and maybe see) chances - but I wouldn't mind both a shorter wait for a possible egg, as well as a way to increase these chances. xwx"
Dragonclaw

Post by Dragonclaw »

+1 for the chance to get an egg every 30 minutes

That'd be great. In 11 years of playing, i was only be able to breed a single shiny, because it took ages to recive an egg. The increased chance with clicking didn't helped me either, it were just too many clicks and even if the bare was full, I had to wait 1-3 days. And I wasn't the only person who had to breed for multiple years to breed a single shiny. But seeing chances would be neat and less frustrating. :3
Only because a system was bad before, it doesn't mean it has to stay bad!
Icon: Zhou__Mao

Adoptable Adoptable Image Image ImageAdoptable
Atherem

Post by Atherem »

DrawnChiko wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 12:36 pm I would really like it if there was a chance to get an egg from Daycare twice an hour, every 30 minutes. Every hour just seems to be far too little. It used to sometimes take weeks to get an egg, and now that there is no way to increase the chance, it would be really good to check every 30 minutes. It's realy not fun at all to wait so long just to complete the Dex.
+1

I actually like the every 30 minutes idea, but there also has to be a time limit to be able to adopt the eggs; if this was implemented. Since; at least right now. waiting so long is very time consuming, especially if you already want to start a hunt immediately.

Like me; for example, I already started to try and hunt Charmander. I'm also still new, but I wanted to start a hunt I know that has a few evolutions in it.
I have a ton of Pokemon in my Extra Boxes, that I need to get rid of.
If you want any, please don't hesitate to DM me.
Spoiler for Credits:
Mini Dragon Forum Avatar ©Cheitora
Alive

Post by Alive »

I really like this idea, but also it would be grand if there could be implemented an option for daycare egg storage - like, max amount of 2 eggs stored at the same time. Since the egg chance is still very low, the storage could compensate a little the whole time of waiting.
Nevertheless I'd understand if it won't be approved, but at least I tried. :V
Spoiler:
0 Rh(+)音隠れの里
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
In nomine patris et fillii et spiritus sancti
Phantom Thief

Post by Phantom Thief »

This, or anything else that can increase chances, but please, something must be done ;-;
The daycare isn't an extra feature, it's necessary for babies, and it's ridiculous how bad the chances to get an egg are. I spent thousands already and still nothing, this is not normal >.<
I'm not english nor bilingual, so expect mistakes/misunderstanding
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Yoshiki
Total in Love with derBhaal

Post by Yoshiki »

Hello everyone, how about to align Daycare more to the games

How many steps does it take to breed Pokemon?
An Egg may be generated after every 256 steps the player takes

Since this is a click page, we could say after every 256 clicks (instead of once an hour) there is a change (10%) to generate an egg.
To increase the chance you need to click (512 clicks = 20 %, 768 clicks = 30% and so on) in the end when you reach 100% you definitely receive an egg. After collecting your egg, the counter starts again.
Counter does not reset at midnight, but if you are out of money it resets.
So if you are a slow clicker, it takes longer to get an egg.
If you click a lot you get your eggs faster.

User should be able to see the steps (clicks) counter and the percentage.

What do you think?

greetings
Yoshiki
Last edited by Yoshiki on September 28th, 2022, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
❤️ Sharing IP every day with my husband derBhaal . ❤️Image❤️
❤️
Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️
Phantom Thief

Post by Phantom Thief »

Yoshiki wrote: September 27th, 2022, 8:22 pmWhat do you think?

This seems interesting. It alos helps thinking better of what to do with our money. Like, if I know I'll not click, I'll not try for the daycare, but when I know I can click a lot, I'll spent money and then try my luck.

However, I know some players like to not have to click to be able to get an egg, so maybe the clicks should stay as being a bonus, like this we can still get eggs with just money, but if we want to increase our chances, clicks are here for that. Or it's either we choose to spent money, or use clicks depending of what's best for us '^'
I'm not english nor bilingual, so expect mistakes/misunderstanding
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Yoshiki
Total in Love with derBhaal

Post by Yoshiki »

I was thinking about the money factor, because people who click slower...would need more money.
Than how about two different possibilities? Before you start with breeding you have to choose between "the click" or "the money" method?
❤️ Sharing IP every day with my husband derBhaal . ❤️Image❤️
❤️
Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️
Alive

Post by Alive »

Yoshiki wrote: September 27th, 2022, 9:31 pm I was thinking about the money factor, because people who click slower...would need more money.
Than how about two different possibilities? Before you start with breeding you have to choose between "the click" or "the money" method?
I'd like to have any chance for getting an egg while I can't click (like when I'm working or doing other things during the day), so to me, both methods are interesting. I do a lot (~20k or more) clicks when I can, but also I can be inactive a few days in a row, physically and mentally resting after work, but I always have a minute to check some perma-open tabs in my mobile browser.
Spoiler:
0 Rh(+)音隠れの里
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
In nomine patris et fillii et spiritus sancti
Saiura

Post by Saiura »

I would love to see the daycare be more efficiant... in any way.
The thing I really dislike is that there can only be one egg at a time. I mean, as of right now this it not really a problem because there is abrely any egg. But especially during the night or when I´m at work, I mostly put no money in because I am scared of gettint one in the first one or two hours and then the rest of the money is kind of wasted (it is technically not, but as someone said before, most peole don´t care for the leveling aspect).

And as for the increasing chances by clicking point... It would make sense on here, because after all this is a clicking side.
So, having a chance to get more eggs by clicking is an option I would like to get more into in the future.
Collections
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable AdoptableAdoptable
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

throwing in my support here, the thing is once you have an egg there won't be another one as long as its not adopted. maybe theres a chance to make the adoption automatically happen? like you just have to look up your first box and maybe theres an egg named "daycare egg" in it?

would make things easier, no more explanations to your boss at work why you looked up this site *cough* or forgetting about a new egg like the cooking pot forever soaking in the no longer warm water x D
AdoptableAdoptable
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

I'm still trying to figure out the best way of bringing back increasing egg chance based on site activity, specifically in a way that doesn't affect the daily click reset but still catches all clicks.

I also want to mention that before, you got an odds increased by 1 for every 100 clicks. With the speed of the CE, that would be every 2 minutes for most people, and that sounds a little easy to me. I guess it isn't too terrible when I say the best odds (full bar) were 10%, but I think we could go 20% max (1/5 hours).

I dunno, there are some numbers, open to input.
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

Thanks for letting us know you are working on an odds-increase-system!

But, please don't get this the wrong way: Are we not here for fun? Isn't winning the raffle hard enough with it's chances? Would it really be so bad to give us an "easy" way to get eggs? x_x

I still want some way to get a guaranteed egg, at least with the "perfect" pairs that are getting along great. Overall, I find it hard to know current chances by everything we were told so far, so I don't know if +20% would be 100% for those pairs, or if we'd still end up with something like 60%.

Some people might get an egg after two hours with terrible odds, some might go weeks without one with close to perfect odds. I don't like that. There should be at least one egg with good pair + enhanced odds every ~12-24h. It doesn't seem right that even I, as a slow, casual clicker, can hatch over 100 adopts a week, but can't manage to get a single egg out of the daycare. If that's frustrating to me, how frustrating must it be for the more active players?

And where is Prof Birch getting all those Eggs from that he's handing out to us? Can't he tell us his secrets?
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Increase the chance is one, but we can also go for the route to give more chances like in the games.

Keep the chance low, but get an extra instant roll every x clicks? In the games eggs are checked every 256 steps, what about 256 clicks with like a 5% chance for example? Then 5120 clicks would give you an extra egg if the odds are in your favour.

I think user rarely make over 10.000 clicks a day, which would average in ~2 extra eggs a day.
My collections:
ImageImageImage
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 1:34 pm I dunno, there are some numbers, open to input.
My suggestion would be some sort of "pity timer", depending on the starting odds of the three messages that can lead to eggs:
1. The two get along great.
2. The two are getting along.
3. The two don't seem to like each other.

So, just for example and without knowing the exact numbers and tools at your disposal to implement this, let's say the first option has a chance of 10% to reward an egg at clock hour right after we put the two Pokémon in.
Now we wait. After clock hour, we check the Daycare and there are two options: There is an egg, or there is no egg. If there is an egg, we can adopt it, and again, the next full hour we have another 10% chance of an egg.
If there is no egg, the chances are raised. For this example, let's say the chances for the first example are raised by 3% every hour. So after ten hours of no eggs, the chance for an egg the next full hour is already at 40%. This would guarantee an egg after 30 hours. And whenever there is an egg, the chance resets back to 10%, from which it will go up again every hour without an egg.
In the second option "The two are getting along." the initial chances can be lower, let's say 5%, and every hour, the chance isn't raised by 3%, but just by 2%, which would result in a guaranteed egg roughly every 48 hours.
And for the last possible egg-rewarding option, the chances could start at 1% and also increase by just 1% after each hour, so after a little over 4 days there is a guaranteed egg.

That way there would at least be a guarantee for an egg after a certain amount of time. Maybe with the possibility to increase the chance-raising further by being active on the site (clicking). This again could be depending on the three messages.
For the first option, every 100 clicks could mean an increase by 0.1% for the next hour.
The second one could need 150 clicks for the same 0.1% increase.
And the third one would need 200 clicks for the 0.1% increase of the pity timer.
AbsintusVeritas

yankeesrule3526 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 1:34 pm I'm still trying to figure out the best way of bringing back increasing egg chance based on site activity, specifically in a way that doesn't affect the daily click reset but still catches all clicks.

I also want to mention that before, you got an odds increased by 1 for every 100 clicks. With the speed of the CE, that would be every 2 minutes for most people, and that sounds a little easy to me. I guess it isn't too terrible when I say the best odds (full bar) were 10%, but I think we could go 20% max (1/5 hours).

I dunno, there are some numbers, open to input.

If you want to loose all your users you can do it that way.

It's bullshit. I'm sorry, but 1% per 100 clicks still means it would take approximately 6 hours to 100% if it where possible wich would be completely fair and no where near to "easy"

Nearly every user that's active in the Forum jells at you that they hate how long it takes to get an egg. Why want you listen?
Its a game. Its supposed to be fun, not frustrating. This is not dark souls.
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

DrawnChiko wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:35 pm Its a game. Its supposed to be fun, not frustrating. This is not dark souls.
It's also supposed to keep us engaged. How can we be engaged by a game that gives us everything we want without a bit of effort? I'd argue that this would kill VA faster than having to wait a little longer for getting an egg from the Daycare. I already noticed this after filling my Pokédex for Kanto, before Johto was released. I had everything I wanted and clicked less. With the Daycare, there is always something to come back to, but only as long as it isn't too generous. Sure, it's great to have days on which you can adopt 3-4 eggs, but this is only exciting as long as it doesn't become the norm, but the exception.

And also, Dark Souls isn't frustrating ;)
AbsintusVeritas

Clicking 6 hours is no effort for you?