Daycare: Chance for an Egg every 30 minutes?

Ideas and suggestions that have been reviewed by staff and will not be implemented.
SchokoKitsune

Re: Daycare: Chance for an Egg every 30 minutes?

Post by SchokoKitsune »

What would keep me engaged is a chance at shiny hunting specific mons, which the current Daycare does not allow. What would keep me engaged are quests with rewards, minigames and the like, which I'm sure will come with time - but at the moment, the Daycare is not keeping me engaged, and what I've noticed from most of the community about it is frustration. Which is more likely to stop me from playing.

(What is currently keeping me active is, tbh, the Raffle.)

Edit: Math is making my head hurt. x-x"
Last edited by SchokoKitsune on October 2nd, 2022, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

There was a +1 odds if you didn't get an egg that round, active or inactive player.

I'm also purposefully saying +1 and not +1% because it varies depending on your base odds. Best base chance, it's closer to +3% for that first +1 increase. But as your odds increase, technically so does the percentage of winning compared to last time.
1/50 to 1/40 is 20% but an hour later,
1/40 to 1/30 is 25%....
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

DrawnChiko wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 4:11 pm Clicking 6 hours is no effort for you?
Yankees didn't mean that the odds were increased by 1% for every 100 clicks, because that would mean after 10k clicks, you'd have had a guaranteed egg, which wasn't the case back in old VA. Instead, we had this bar that filled up, and if the full bar meant a 10% chance for an egg, then increasing the odds for that was way less than 1% every 100 clicks. I think, we just increased the bar by 1% per 100 clicks, but that didn't result in an overall 1% better chance for an egg, but I can't remember the exact number of pixels of said bar or how much it increased, so we have to trust Yankees with that knowledge.

But if we really would increase the chances of getting an egg by 1% every 100 clicks, and we are able to click 100 adopts within ~1-2 minutes of engaging with the CE, it would take us 10-25 minutes (given the time we need to solve the Captcha and sometimes VA running slower than usual) to get to a 10% chance already. Which would result in 120-250 minutes of engaging with it to click 10k adopts, for a chance of 100%. And that's only if you really want a guaranteed egg that day, because there is still the chance of getting one without upping the chance (because there is still an initial chance to begin with). And after one hour of just clicking, you could already have a chance of over 40% for an egg. And THAT would be too easy. VA is a long term investment.

Somehow your math with 6 hours doesn't check out here.

I'll gladly stop the time for how many adopts I'm able to click in the CE in 10 minutes.
yankeesrule3526 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 4:17 pm There was a +1 odds if you didn't get an egg that round, active or inactive player.

I'm also purposefully saying +1 and not +1% because it varies depending on your base odds. Best base chance, it's closer to +3% for that first +1 increase. But as your odds increase, technically so does the percentage of winning compared to last time.
1/50 to 1/40 is 20% but an hour later,
1/40 to 1/30 is 25%....
That's what I thought, but there was an upper limit for this increase like the 1/10, so 10% chance to get an egg, right? And it couldn't reach 1/1, so 100%?
AbsintusVeritas

Post by AbsintusVeritas »

I don't see how that would be to easy.
It would still take alot of luck and time to breed a shiny wich is what most people would do with the Daycare. Also, it takes me ~ 6 hours. Sometimes a little longer or less.

But It's okay to disagree.

Edit: What of the chance would reset every hour if you didnt clicked 1000 times an hour?

Then it would not be possible to go to 80~ and just wait.

Also I didnt know before that "1" didnt mean "1%" or how it was before, I never used the Daycare on old VA.
Saiura

Post by Saiura »

So, do I understand that right? At the moment, clicking does not increase the chance of getting an Egg?
Or did I got this wrong? I´m a little bit confused (and not good at math).

In my opinion, having at least one or two guaranteed eggs a day would be great.
And an option to have more than one stored egg at the daycare.

As of right now, Daycare is definitely more frustrating than helpful. I totally understand that getting it right is very difficult.
Collections
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable AdoptableAdoptable
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

DrawnChiko wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 4:57 pm Edit: What of the chance would reset every hour if you didnt clicked 1000 times an hour?

Then it would not be possible to go to 80~ and just wait.

Also I didnt know before that "1" didnt mean "1%" or how it was before, I never used the Daycare on old VA.
On old VA the bar only resetted once you got an egg, so I think it's safe to assume that it's the same now, and it doesn't reset after time?
DrawnChiko wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 4:57 pm It would still take alot of luck and time to breed a shiny wich is what most people would do with the Daycare.
And that's the point. On old VA I've bred for Shiny Salandit (or better, Salazzles), and within ~ 3 1/4 years of breeding, I got 5 Shinies from my Daycare couple and one that hatched from regular eggs. And one that I traded for. But still, the Daycare gave me a little less than 2 Shinies a year.
And yes, I counted all the Salandit eggs I got. 728. I started breeding them on December 23rd in 2018 and kept them in the Daycare until the reset.
There were many days on which VA was down, so let's say 1150 days of breeding. This would mean, I still got an egg every other day at least. And I saw no one complaining back then.
Last edited by KitsuLeif on October 2nd, 2022, 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

What about having boosted bonus daycare day like we do money for the CE? At least one (maybe two?) Day a week where the chances of getting an egg are greatly boosted. Instead of getting maybe 1 egg every 3-4 days, maybe we can get 1 to 2 eggs max on that day?
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage
Thalassa

Post by Thalassa »

Saiura wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 5:29 pm In my opinion, having at least one or two guaranteed eggs a day would be great.
And an option to have more than one stored egg at the daycare.

As of right now, Daycare is definitely more frustrating than helpful. I totally understand that getting it right is very difficult.
I second this opinion. Daycare is extremely frustrating at the moment. I have been trying to get an Iggypuff egg for several days now with no luck. Unless things change I will not be getting near Daycare once I get all the baby Pokemon, it'd be just a waste of money. Which sucks cause I really was excited to breed some specific mons to shiny hunt.

I understand that it's important to keep the site interesting for people to stay engaged, but I don't think stifling the eggs in Daycare is the way to go. I personally would be more active if I was able to complete my Dex and/ or shiny hunt Pokemon I like more easily. Hopping on to see that my pair *still* hasn't produced any eggs, puts me off from spending time on VA.
ColarFX

Post by ColarFX »

Here is the thing: I'm breeding charmanders atm to get a shiny. After that I'll be breeding totodiles to get, you know, a shiny. And after that I'll probably breed another starter or eevee, dratini etc. Let's say I get 2 eggs per day. How long will it take to hatch a shiny? Maybe first egg, maybe 1000th egg. I approximately hatch a shiny every 200-300 eggs. And how long will it take me to reach 200-300 DC eggs if I get 2 eggs per day? 100-150 days. Let's say I'm the luckiest person on VA and all my DC eggs will be shiny. How many pokemons will we have when they all released? When I google it I see there are 905 pokemons (I'm not gonna have the trouble to take legendaries into account). If I get an egg per one day guaranteed, it'll take me 905 days to have all shinies. That's nearly 2,5 years.

With the assumption that DC eggs will always be shiny for all of us, I just want to ask you: Do any of you will stop breeding? Do any of you will be satisfied by getting only 1 shiny eevee or whatever your favourite pokemon is? So I say that breeding eggs will never be easy. So stop saying that increasing egg chances will make it easy. With this pace, I have no idea when I'll hatch my first shiny DC egg. Even if I get a shiny charmander from DC tomorrow, I won't stop breeding.

I have 1,258,392 $ when I'm writing this comment. And it will increase till new raffle promos come. How many of you can have enough money to put DC for days without getting anything, buying raffle tickets without getting anything, and purchasing boxes at the same time? People will stop playing if it continues to be frustrating as it is now.

Even if I get 3-4-5 eggs per day, DC will not be easy for me because I want to breed and hatch shiny pokemons. I wanna have a shiny charmander, totodile, mudkip, torchic, fennekin, turtwig etc. And you all want too, because that's the reason you keep playing. And while we know it takes quite a while to hatch shinies, DC will never be easy. Your first egg can be a shiny and you will be the luckiest person, and you won't be able to hatch a shiny after 1000 eggs and you will be the unluckiest person.

I know it's not possible to make things better asap with only 1-2 people working on it, but please let people have fun. Thanks.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

ColarFX wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:53 pm ...So stop saying that increasing egg chances will make it easy. ...
That's not what was said.
What the comment meant was that if the old bar system was just made live you could 100% the bar boost within minutes of clicking, which would make it kinda pointless. At that speed why have the bar at all; essentially. Thus taking time to test out new ways of implementing the odds and different ideas for making a booster related to your engagement.

The Daycare has only been live for 11 days, which isn't a ton to get a good sense of average RNG, but yankees is still trying to make improvements & asked for thoughts on improvements. I'd say that means he's pretty interested on making the egg chances better for everyone.

I love KitsuLeif's suggestion of a pity timer/safety net :3
That provides the ask of having a 'guarantee', but with having the RNG work in a favourable variance. Instead of RNG hosing you and the bad luck feeling prominent in a way that brings frustration and the negativity permeating everything right now, the RNG could only make your egg chances better -- cause the RNG either doesn't do anything & you get your guaranteed egg on time, or the RNG gives you an egg early.

That seems a pretty nice way to only bring good surprises.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Atherem

Post by Atherem »

SchokoKitsune wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 2:33 pm But, please don't get this the wrong way: Are we not here for fun? Isn't winning the raffle hard enough with it's chances? Would it really be so bad to give us an "easy" way to get eggs? x_x

I still want some way to get a guaranteed egg, at least with the "perfect" pairs that are getting along great. Overall, I find it hard to know current chances by everything we were told so far, so I don't know if +20% would be 100% for those pairs, or if we'd still end up with something like 60%.

Some people might get an egg after two hours with terrible odds, some might go weeks without one with close to perfect odds. I don't like that. There should be at least one egg with good pair + enhanced odds every ~12-24h. It doesn't seem right that even I, as a slow, casual clicker, can hatch over 100 adopts a week, but can't manage to get a single egg out of the daycare. If that's frustrating to me, how frustrating must it be for the more active players?

And where is Prof Birch getting all those Eggs from that he's handing out to us? Can't he tell us his secrets?
I agree with Kitsune's first sentence here. This place is supposed to be fun and raffle is already hard; especially for newbies like myself who want to fill their dex up but also need to buy Everstones constantly. So where's the time to add a bunch of credits to the daycare.

Second part of this, the "perfect" pair situation. If it's a perfect pair, like say the same pokemon. Higher breed chances would be great, for same pokemon breeding and lower chances for mixed pokemon. (I.E: Charmander/Charmander higher. Same Type lower)

Third, the clicking: I'm not exactly a clicker. So placing a whole "harder chances" click systems isn't the best idea, but CE clicks; depending on how much you do, in a sitting, should also give higher chances of eggs. Being said, some don't have the time to just sit and click constantly, especially if users have kids, pets, or work to do when they aren't here.
I have a ton of Pokemon in my Extra Boxes, that I need to get rid of.
If you want any, please don't hesitate to DM me.
Spoiler for Credits:
Mini Dragon Forum Avatar ©Cheitora
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

ColarFX wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:53 pm I wanna have a shiny charmander, totodile, mudkip, torchic, fennekin, turtwig etc.
And that's the reason why we have other ways to get shiny Pokémon, like the GTS, or even random eggs that you can hatch shinies from, even without breeding (except for some baby Pokémon).
ColarFX wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:53 pm And you all want too, because that's the reason you keep playing.
I think we can all agree that the rarity of shinies is what makes them special and sought after in the first place. But to quote a famous Pixar movie: "And when everyone's super, no one will be."
If everyone gets their favorite shinies one after another in a relatively small period of time, what would be special about them?
In the games, shinies now have a chance of 1:4096 to appear. Of course, it's not realistic to expect a fan website to mimic the exact same numbers, especially, if our progress in adopting eggs from the Daycare is way slower and there is no way to encounter Pokémon in the wild the same way as in the games. But a shiny every ~150 eggs sounds extremely fair in my opinion.
Because other than those official games, you can't play "through" Virtuadopt. There is no reason to rush to the end, because there is no "end". Like I said, I think VA is a long term investment. And if there is nothing to really chase after, because you seemingly reached your personal goal by getting everything you wanted before there is more to want (like a new generation or new promos), you'll lose interest sooner or later. And if you lose interest, guess what? You'll stop playing. So it's just like you are saying, hunting for shinies is the reason we keep playing. If we wouldn't have to "hunt" them and just keep getting them, that wouldn't feel as rewarding, it would feel boring.

It's a tough balancing act between player satisfaction and keeping the site interesting and alive.
And I don't think that giving out 3-5 guaranteed Daycare eggs every day is the right approach.
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

KitsuLeif wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:53 pm And that's the reason why we have other ways to get shiny Pokémon, like the GTS, or even random eggs that you can hatch shinies from, even without breeding (except for some baby Pokémon).
But you can't get anything specific with random hatches. And most people care about their Shinies being theirs by OT, just like in the regular games. It's just not the same if there's another users's name attached to it - unless it's a good friend, for example, so the GTS isn't always an option. (And not all the shinies you'd wish for are hatched randomly by someone yet, as well as, y'know, if your fav pokemon happend to be a baby, what would you do? Wait 10 years?! Where's the fun in that?)
KitsuLeif wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:53 pmIf everyone gets their favorite shinies one after another in a relatively small period of time, what would be special about them?
"relatively small period of time"? - it would still be aproximately multiple months, even with guaranteed ~1 to 2 eggs a day, because that still "only" makes up to 60 eggs a month, if we'd get a guaranteed 2 each day. If you have the money to spend, and collect your eggs when they appear. Because a daycare egg, as far as I know, does not have a higher shiny rate then your random hatches. And aproximated shiny rate is something in between 1 in every 500 to 1000 eggs from the comparisions I've made - not sure about the official odds.
KitsuLeif wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:53 pmAnd if you lose interest, guess what? You'll stop playing.
If the game is only frustrating me because I can't get what I want while there's nothing else to do, guess what? I'll stop playing anyway.

(And I guess it's fine to disagree on that topic, but to me, getting shinies is just one of my long-term motivations. I still want my collection-mons, I still want my pokedex to be as filled as possible, and I'll happily play any minigames or quests if and when they come around. My wrists are also happy to get a little break every few weeks... so I wouldn't even mind a week of "not much to do" every now and then. Considering I'm not doing much anyway while I'm angrily staring at my Mons in the Daycare.. maybe I already have my break. x,D)
Tango

Post by Tango »

SchokoKitsune wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:04 pm ...a daycare egg, as far as I know, does not have a higher shiny rate then your random hatches. ...
What if it did? Requiem tossed in the thought of shiny chaining in the Discord chat :0 I dunno if that'd be too difficult to implement ^^; And probably more of a polish thing to throw on top once the rest is settled, but figured I'd get it down on forum for any future considerations :3

If Daycare was slower, but you control what you put in & had better odds of shiny... would that be satisfying?

*slower than random adopts
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

SchokoKitsune wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:04 pm "relatively small period of time"? - it would still be aproximately multiple months, even with guaranteed ~1 to 2 eggs a day, because that still "only" makes up to 60 eggs a month, if we'd get a guaranteed 2 each day. If you have the money to spend, and collect your eggs when they appear. Because a daycare egg, as far as I know, does not have a higher shiny rate then your random hatches. And aproximated shiny rate is something in between 1 in every 500 to 1000 eggs from the comparisions I've made - not sure about the official odds.
It was either extremely better before the reset or I was just lucky. Like I said, I got five Shiny Salandits out of 728 adopted Daycare eggs. That's more like 1:150 than 1:500 or even 1:1000.

But yes, a few months is what I'd call a relatively small period of time around here. This website is over 13 years old.
I know, times have changed and today's gaming audience is trained to get everything they want within minutes, or else they are losing interest, but that's just not how VA works. And I don't think it should be. It's a time investment and a game of patience. Otherwise, you'd probably be able to click adopts more than once a day, as many times as you like without the CE being involved.
That we even got the CE was a huge step forward, because before that there were third party websites which did what the CE is doing now.
But again: What are we gaining if we keep speeding up everything that makes the game interesting? I fear that ultimately, it would speed up the process of losing players as well. And that would kill VA.

I'm not saying the Daycare chances shouldn't be better. I absolutely think they should be better as they are right now. That's why I suggested a pity timer, so we have the guarantee for an egg every few days at least, and maybe even more when we are active enough, so we can influence it with our effort. Just don't overdo it. That's my humble advice.
Because we all want Virtuadopt to stay, right?
ColarFX

Post by ColarFX »

KitsuLeif wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:53 pm And that's the reason why we have other ways to get shiny Pokémon, like the GTS, or even random eggs that you can hatch shinies from, even without breeding (except for some baby Pokémon).
How are you gonna get a shiny cyndaquill from GTS when there is only 1 which is mine? And how are you gonna get a shiny baby when people get 1 egg every 3-4 days? You'll never be able to get them from GTS, that is not an option. Hatching random eggs is the main thing in this game. So how about making babies hatch from random eggs and removing DC? Would it not solve all of our problems?

What I'm pointing is, even if we get 3-5 eggs per day, that doesn't mean we'll reach our goal so soon. It could get couple months or just a week to hatch a shiny. I think shiny every ~150 eggs sounds fair too. But unfair thing is getting 150 eggs from daycare in 450ish days. Is that really "relatively small period of time" in your opinion? Under any circumstances, I assure you you will not reach your goal soon. It'll take years to get there.
KitsuLeif wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:53 pmAnd if you lose interest, guess what? You'll stop playing.
The thing you are assuming is people will lose interest when they reach their goal so soon(which is not as I stated, it'll still take couple weeks or months, maybe a year to hatch only 1 shiny with increased odds). You cannot say that people will lose interest if they hatch a lot of shinies because you cannot know if they really will, as I also stated before nobody will reject 2nd 3rd or 4th shiny eevee, but I'm saying this right now PEOPLE ARE LOSING INTEREST BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GETTING ANY EGGS FTER 3-4-5-6 DAYS.

I'm not trying to make myself rich. Check my shiny box, I already have amazing shinies. What I'm after is by stating my opinions, making this game more fun for other players too, so they can continue. Everyday I can see people are getting more frustrated in discord or forum because of DC. And that has to be fixed first before other things. As I said before, I know things will not be better in 1 or 2 days, especially when there are not a lot of people helping yankees. I wish best of luck to yankees and Tango so they can keep VA alive for a long time.
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

The site is over a decade old and was basically dead before the reset, because it just doesn't fit with the current time and playstyles anymore. (And because of server-outages, I guess)

These 5 Shinys were in how many years again? 4? I wouldn't want to wait that long. I'm playing games for a fast, easily accessable amount of dopamine, of happyness, and I've learned to step away from stuff that doesn't make me happy. My approximated numbers were considering hatched random eggs because that's been all we had for months, so if you'd count all the extra random eggs you hatched in that time, not just the Daycare ones, I'd assume your odds would look worse. But that's not really important anymore, as the past is in the past and all that yazz, right?

A way to shiny chain daycare-eggs would be nice in the future, actually. As ColarFx pointed out, it's not like you'd be done with one or two shinys. With stuff like Eevee, you'd mostly want duplicates, and I don't think anyone on here likes just one pokemon enough to want it in it's shiny form. Just because the older users had to wait ages on stuff they wanted doesn't mean we have to repeat that experience, does it?
ColarFX

Post by ColarFX »

SchokoKitsune wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:39 pm These 5 Shinys were in how many years again? 4? I wouldn't want to wait that long. I'm playing games for a fast, easily accessable amount of dopamine, of happyness, and I've learned to step away from stuff that doesn't make me happy.
This is what I'm talking about. There were more active players than now. Where are they now? VA already died once. And nobody will continue if they can't see any progress.
SchokoKitsune wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:39 pm it's not like you'd be done with one or two shinys. With stuff like Eevee, you'd mostly want duplicates, and I don't think anyone on here likes just one pokemon enough to want it in it's shiny form. Just because the older users had to wait ages on stuff they wanted doesn't mean we have to repeat that experience, does it?
I'd like to have 9 shiny eevees so I can have all forms, even tho it would probably take couple years, is it too much? :lol:
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

ColarFX wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:47 pm This is what I'm talking about. There were more active players than now. Where are they now? VA already died once. And nobody will continue if they can't see any progress.
Tbh, comments like the ones in discord permeating to higher egg chances and complaining about that instead of writing constructive criticism is that what feels way more off-putting to me then the clicks or odds or anything else.
Some users (like me) had everything they wanted in the past and had nothing left to get for.
Or, as I would see it now, are off-put by the community.
Don't assume that others like the same stuff as you, just because you do, like shiny-hunting.
I did care more for the community then for the chances back then, same as now, but I sometimes feel stuck in a hard place with all these negative comments^^''.

As for the topic, I like the suggestion of KitsuLeif with a pity timer depending on the starting chances that was suggested.
I wasn't around to see the bar in DC in old VA, but I guess it would be good to see how much your chances are upped with clicking. Increasing the chances via clicking also sounds quite good, really; since well, that is what the site is about...
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

ColarFX wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:30 pm How are you gonna get a shiny cyndaquill from GTS when there is only 1 which is mine? And how are you gonna get a shiny baby when people get 1 egg every 3-4 days? You'll never be able to get them from GTS, that is not an option. Hatching random eggs is the main thing in this game. So how about making babies hatch from random eggs and removing DC? Would it not solve all of our problems?
How long is Johto out now? 2 months. And how long is the Daycare out? Not even two weeks. Of course there are not many Cyndaquils around right now. But there will be more over time. Just look at Shiny Charmander. There are 7 already, after only 6 months of Virtuadopt's relaunch and with no Daycare around for most of that time. Again: Patience is key.
For baby Pokémon I partly agree with you, there are special cases that take forever (like Tyrogue) because you can only breed them under the worst possible circumstances aka "The two don't seem to like each other.", but others like Pichu are easier to get (and more sought after as well).
ColarFX wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:30 pm What I'm pointing is, even if we get 3-5 eggs per day, that doesn't mean we'll reach our goal so soon. It could get couple months or just a week to hatch a shiny. I think shiny every ~150 eggs sounds fair too. But unfair thing is getting 150 eggs from daycare in 450ish days. Is that really "relatively small period of time" in your opinion? Under any circumstances, I assure you you will not reach your goal soon. It'll take years to get there.
If we could get back to old VA's egg rates, it would be more like 100 eggs in 150 days. Which I think was fine as well. That's why I believe a pity timer would solve the problem even for the more "casual" clickers. And more "hardcore" clickers will benefit as well from it.
ColarFX wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:30 pm The thing you are assuming is people will lose interest when they reach their goal so soon(which is not as I stated, it'll still take couple weeks or months, maybe a year to hatch only 1 shiny with increased odds). You cannot say that people will lose interest if they hatch a lot of shinies because you cannot know if they really will, as I also stated before nobody will reject 2nd 3rd or 4th shiny eevee, but I'm saying this right now PEOPLE ARE LOSING INTEREST BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GETTING ANY EGGS FTER 3-4-5-6 DAYS.
Well, you also went from the assumption that DC eggs will always be a guaranteed shiny, and in that case, I'd say yes, that would kill the fun in it pretty fast and make people lose interest. Within a month, even with the low chances of getting an egg from the Daycare right now, people would get 6-8 shinies. The special feeling of it would be gone. And that's probably the reason why there never was a special event with guaranteed shinies in the past. And hopefully there never will be.

ColarFX wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:30 pm I'm not trying to make myself rich. Check my shiny box, I already have amazing shinies. What I'm after is by stating my opinions, making this game more fun for other players too, so they can continue. Everyday I can see people are getting more frustrated in discord or forum because of DC. And that has to be fixed first before other things. As I said before, I know things will not be better in 1 or 2 days, especially when there are not a lot of people helping yankees. I wish best of luck to yankees and Tango so they can keep VA alive for a long time.
The thing is, what you, or I find to be fun can't be applied to everyone else. For example, you say you wouldn't reject a shiny Eevee. Personally, I couldn't care less about shiny Eevee. If I ever get one, I might trade it away if I really want something else at that point or in the foreseeable future. If not, I might even give it away to someone who wants it.
The Daycare is not even two weeks old now. And apparently it's harder to get it back into a state that's functioning more like the old one. It might be frustrating now, but at least it's there again.
All I'm saying is: Be patient.

SchokoKitsune wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:39 pm The site is over a decade old and was basically dead before the reset, because it just doesn't fit with the current time and playstyles anymore. (And because of server-outages, I guess)
It had a core userbase that was still active, and there had to be many more lurking around to see that the site got a reboot. So it was more sleeping than really dead.
SchokoKitsune wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:39 pm These 5 Shinys were in how many years again? 4? I wouldn't want to wait that long. I'm playing games for a fast, easily accessable amount of dopamine, of happyness, and I've learned to step away from stuff that doesn't make me happy.
And that's the point I'm trying to make. This site is not that. Never has been. And it doesn't have to be. There are thousands of other "instant dopamine" games for you to play. Why are you demanding that the one that isn't adapts to your liking? You wouldn't demand a game like Forza to add items like Mario Kart, would you?
Maybe this game/website just isn't for you anymore. Interests can change, and that's perfectly fine. But not everything has to change with you. As you said, you learned to step away from stuff that doesn't make you happy. If Virtuadopt isn't making you happy any longer the way it is, it might be time to step away from it, as hard as that might be. At least if the changes done are too minimal for your liking.