Daycare: Chance for an Egg every 30 minutes?

Ideas and suggestions that have been reviewed by staff and will not be implemented.
ColarFX

Re: Daycare: Chance for an Egg every 30 minutes?

Post by ColarFX »

TsukinoRan wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:06 pm Tbh, comments like the ones in discord permeating to higher egg chances and complaining about that instead of writing constructive criticism is that what feels way more off-putting to me then the clicks or odds or anything else.
I made a topic for this. I suggested my opinions, shared ideas, why we should implement them and what would happen if we don't. Not only for DC but also for the future of VA. I think you didn't see that. I'm not trying to make people depressed with my comments. I'm sorry if I'm misunderstood.
KitsuLeif wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:21 pm The thing is, what you, or I find to be fun can't be applied to everyone else. For example, you say you wouldn't reject a shiny Eevee. Personally, I couldn't care less about shiny Eevee. If I ever get one, I might trade it away if I really want something else at that point or in the foreseeable future. If not, I might even give it away to someone who wants it.
Even tho I'm still not thinking the same way you do, I agree with this. For me, this site is all about collecting some cute pokemons and hatching good looking shinies. So I thought most people would think same as me. I'm sorry for forgetting "fun" can mean different for other people.

And I'm sorry if I offended anyone who reading my comments. But I still think getting 3-5 eggs per day wouldn't be overkill. At least for me :lol:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

For anyone who may not already know... the bar is back! :D
No details yet on exactly how it works... might be bugged slightly atm, not sure! But it's there now xD

I've stuck around VA this long cause I liked how friendly and nice the community has been. We're all on the same side, I don't think anyone intentionally tries to offend anyone else :3 We're all here to enjoy VA the game & the community, and we all enjoy different aspects.

Sadly not all of those aspects are live right now, but remember staff are members too! If staff didn't care they wouldn't be here. Yankees wouldn't have come back, wouldn't have accepted my offer to help make quality of life changes through the design/accessibility of the site, and wouldn't have asked for writers to help improve the site, or be putting in so much effort into trying to make suggestions a reality or communicate through the new dev diary. We wouldn't be volunteering our personal time into this place if we didn't care, or wanted to ignore all the suggestions pouring in, or any of those things that seem to make staff out as wanting to let the place die. We're members too; we care.

There is a very difficult balance to maintain if VA aims to last for years to come. Kitsu has equally valid concerns with providing instant gratification as much as the complaints of bad Daycare odds do. Too much (or too little) of anything is a bad thing.

We're all on the same page to make Daycare better! We all agree on this. There are tons and tons of ideas and opinions on how to go about this. It is not possible to perfectly appease everyone, but any changes & suggestions are absolutely with the intent to make VA better. We just try our best, and it's unlikely it's perfect on 1st draft.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

ColarFX wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:33 pm
TsukinoRan wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:06 pm Tbh, comments like the ones in discord permeating to higher egg chances and complaining about that instead of writing constructive criticism is that what feels way more off-putting to me then the clicks or odds or anything else.
I made a topic for this. I suggested my opinions, shared ideas, why we should implement them and what would happen if we don't. Not only for DC but also for the future of VA. I think you didn't see that. I'm not trying to make people depressed with my comments. I'm sorry if I'm misunderstood.
KitsuLeif wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:21 pm The thing is, what you, or I find to be fun can't be applied to everyone else. For example, you say you wouldn't reject a shiny Eevee. Personally, I couldn't care less about shiny Eevee. If I ever get one, I might trade it away if I really want something else at that point or in the foreseeable future. If not, I might even give it away to someone who wants it.
Even tho I'm still not thinking the same way you do, I agree with this. For me, this site is all about collecting some cute pokemons and hatching good looking shinies. So I thought most people would think same as me. I'm sorry for forgetting "fun" can mean different for other people.

And I'm sorry if I offended anyone who reading my comments. But I still think getting 3-5 eggs per day wouldn't be overkill. At least for me :lol:
Naw, I did see that topic, just didn't have anything to say about it X'D
No, I mean like in general; people come through harsh and brash and I realized last week that was what had put me off of old VA in the first place...not the friends that left back then.
It's true that written words are hard to convey in terms of emotion, but I sometimes feel like there are only complaints whenever I read in discord or in the forum, and that is what is putting me of off voicing constructive criticism^^''

I'm glad that something is done, but I don't really have an opinion about that yet because I click way too less. that is entirely my problem though XD
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

KitsuLeif wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 4:35 pm I'll gladly stop the time for how many adopts I'm able to click in the CE in 10 minutes.
Okay, I did it the other way round and stopped the time for how long it would take me to click 1,000 adopts in the CE.
12 minutes 37 seconds and 73 milliseconds.
With Captchas that I sometimes had to reset, because they wouldn't load. So it should be possible to click ~5,000 adopts within one hour, so two hours for 10k, if you really do nothing else than clicking.
Tango wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:35 pm For anyone who may not already know... the bar is back! :D
No details yet on exactly how it works... might be bugged slightly atm, not sure! But it's there now xD
Nice, I can't wait to see, if my 1,000 clicks already counted for it. Right now it's at 2%.

EDIT: And it went to 14%.
Last edited by KitsuLeif on October 2nd, 2022, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

An egg every 3-10 days isn't exactly making anything interesting, speeding it up or giving more of a guaranteed chance, to the point of at the very least one egg per day, would not 'kill the fun' or 'get rid of what makes the website interesting.' If you did get one per day, that's around 30 per month, 360 per 12 months- even at one per day, you'd likely not find a shiny for a whole year, considering the average shiny is found in 400 eggs.

The general playerbase is fully aware this isn't a video game, nobody said that, everyone is aware that it's a collecting game, nobody is expecting VA to become a fast-paced 'game.' But when you're sitting here with your dexes complete, waiting for an egg that takes an entire week to spawn, it gets dull.
Daycare just gives you regular eggs, with the chance to get a shiny. Nothing special. Increased egg rate would not kill the game, it would just make it more interesting. And if you've got nothing to breed for because you've sank all your time into the website, that's on you, for, so to say, 'speeding through the game.'
I've gotten two eggs since daycare release, some lucky folks have gotten much more. It is.. Disappointing and discouraging, to be truthful. Seeing the new update sparks a little hope, but we'll see!
Last edited by Inactive on October 3rd, 2022, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

Morgrem wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 11:08 pm An egg every 3-10 days isn't exactly making anything interesting, speeding it up or giving more of a guaranteed chance, to the point of at the very least one egg per day, would not 'kill the fun' or 'get rid of what makes the website interesting.' If you did get one per day, that's around 30 per month, 360 per 12 months- even at one per day, you'd likely not find a shiny for a whole year, considering the average shiny is found in 400 eggs.
No, one egg per day would be fine. 4-5 every day? Not so much.
Morgrem wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 11:08 pm we're allowed to adopt a special Monthly egg every 3 hours when it's available- which, if it's available for a week, would mean around 56 total possible eggs, of a special one-time adopt.. Then, idk.
Those September monthlies were not only soft-capped by time, but they were also hard-capped. You couldn't adopt more than 20 of them.
Morgrem wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 11:08 pm I've gotten two eggs since daycare release, some lucky folks have gotten much more. It is.. Disappointing and discouraging, to be truthful. Seeing the new update sparks a little hope, but we'll see!
I have gotten three, and now that I'm waiting for my Hitmonchan and Ditto, it will probably take a while longer to get the fourth. But again, I'm in no rush. I'll get them eventually. And with the new update it might be way faster.
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

So, after almost a week of the new Daycare system, what is the general consensus about the changes that were made?

This topic went pretty silent after the changes, so is everything fine now, or do you still think there has to be done more? Just curious.
Last edited by KitsuLeif on October 9th, 2022, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saiura

Post by Saiura »

For me, the updates are defenitely an improvement. I was able to get at least one egg almost every day.
I really like the system behind the clicking bar. If I saw this correct, it saves your clicks even over midnight. So it resets just if you got an egg. (if I got that wrong, please correct me)
With the system right now, the daycare is not frustrating anymore.
For me personally, the rate for getting eggs is okay. I would not be mad for one or two more a day, but that is not a must.
(an idea here would be a higher chance for a shiny after a certain amount of time a pair is breeding in the daycare or so)
Collections
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable AdoptableAdoptable
Yoshiki
Total in Love with derBhaal

Post by Yoshiki »

Saiura wrote: October 9th, 2022, 1:17 pm So it resets just if you got an egg. (if I got that wrong, please correct me)
It resets when you see an egg (without adoption). It does not "reset" after you adopt, it is happening before.
I had an egg waiting for adoption (it had reached 100% in the evening) and the bar was at 3% (in the morning).
After adopting it, it was still at 3 %.
So the "bar" grows even if you do not adopt the egg. ;)
❤️ Sharing IP every day with my husband derBhaal . ❤️Image❤️
❤️
Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️
Dragonclaw

Post by Dragonclaw »

I'm missing a gender Icon on the adopts. The amount of times I had to double and triple check if my pokemon were male and female is insane.
Another thing, it's too easy to take the adopts out which kills your bar progress. Because you take the adopt out with one click. It should be like in old VA, you could select the old adopt and it wouldn't be taken out until you clicked on a different one in your box.
But the most important thing for me is, that male only pokemon (Hitmonchan, Rufflet, Impidimp, ...) should be *at least* neutral (Going along) with Ditto. Everything else can stay to be a bad quote (females have alternatives, males don't). Maybe make genderless Pokémon breedable with the same treatment.
Icon: Zhou__Mao

Adoptable Adoptable Image Image ImageAdoptable
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

I love the concept of the progress-bar - and while I like that the passive percentages going upwards depend on the amount of compatibility for the pair, I'm not sure how I feel about having to click thrice as much as for a perfect match to get my bar to 100 percent while breeding for Tyrogue. It's okay if I willingly decide to breed, say, a Bulbasaur with Ditto, because I could technically just get another Bulbasaur of the opposite gender.
I'm seeing this like Dragonclaw - Pokemon that do not have a breeding-alternative should perhaps be neutral with Ditto, not the worst compatibility.

I also feel like all male only pokemon and gender-neutral pokemon should be able to breed with Ditto, now that breeding with Ditto is technically possible for the other mons. I had assumed they would work, but I checked Tauros after a post of White Fang in the Announcement, and according to the flavor-text, that one is not breedable yet.

Gender-Icons to see if you actually put the right mons in the daycare would be nice, and so would be a tiny confirmation before swapping out mons. The amount of times I've accidently reset my progress bar is.. embarassingly high. (Especially on mobile while just trying to zoom onto the progress-bar. What would also fix that for me personally is a permanent display of the percentages, not only showing the number while hovering with a mouse courser because that's impossible to do on my phone.. xwx")

TLDR: I'm fine with the way the daycare works now thanks to the re-implemented progress-bar, but there's always ways to improve further, right?

[Just because I didn't feel like waiting 5+ years for a wishlist-shiny does btw not mean I hate it here :'D]
Tango

Post by Tango »

A better visualization of the progress bar is something on my to-do for the redesign.

+1 for bringing back gender icons when viewing adopts in places like the Daycare & GTS too!
+1 for ditto allowing any pokemon to be bred; except babies and other 'undiscovered' groups as is canon :3
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════