Dev Diary 2022-09-22

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Dev Diary 2022-09-22

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

A lot has happened since our first dev diary.

What's new
New/old news, migrating adoptables from the original site is possible, trading has been implemented, Johto released, and the Daycare has returned.

Adoptable migrations are available. With this post, the limit has been bumped up to a total of 50 for both types of migration. No new adoptable types have been added though. As always, post about problems in the Migration topic.

Who doesn't love trading away their miscellaneous hatches to add to their collection army? No seriously, who. The Global Trade Station returned to everyone's excitement, and it also gained a new feature soon after. If you didn't know already, it is now possible to obtain promos from trading. They are not meant to be easy to get, but it is possible to increase your odds of encountering one. That said, there are limitations in place to prevent "boosting" for them.

Johto! Not really much to say other than the catdogs replaced the birds and it forces...

The Daycare Center reopening! This is fairly new news cause it just happened like, yesterday. Selecting which adoptables to leave in the Daycare is different, and Ditto does things I guess it didn't before, I dunno. You may recall there used to be a progress bar that would increase your odds of receiving an egg if you clicked adopts every hour. That feature has not returned, not for now at least. Maybe in the future.

Speaking of Daycare, a small, quality of life change was made to the Click Exchange. Now, when you click on an adopt to give credits to, the textbox is automatically selected and the current number highlighted. On mobile, this means your keyboard will instantly open. You can then immediately starting typing the number of credits you want to apply and enter it.

The future
Did you read the last section or are you trying to jump to the good stuff? Yeah, sure you did.

Old new business first, the site redesign refresh. A lot of progress has been made since the last diary. A couple pages are looking fantastic thanks to Tango, but there is still a lot of work to be done. A month ago, Tango teased one of the redesigned components on Discord.
Spoiler:
News page introduction section
News page introduction section
Here is a small teaser from the Adoption Center...
Spoiler:
Adoption Center egg adoption
Adoption Center egg adoption
As with any teaser, these images are subject to change and may not reflect the final design. In either case, be sure to let Tango know how great it looks so far! And yes, it is mobile friendly.

What else is on the (closer) horizon? Sooner rather than later, there are some quality of life changes I would like to make to streamline flows. It is also time to add some new ways to receive promos, and the holiday season is fast approaching. If you haven't seen, we are looking for a writer to help bring the holidays to life.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Re: Dev Diary 2022-09-22

A long one, but a goodie
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Discord reminded me of the other thing that I wanted to include in the Daycare section with Ditto, babies evolve now.
Saiura

Post by Saiura »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: September 25th, 2022, 2:42 pm babies evolve now.
Thank you for mentioning this. Wasn´t sure if this changed.
Collections
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable AdoptableAdoptable
Zeitenlaerm

Post by Zeitenlaerm »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 9:09 pm Now, when you click on an adopt to give credits to, the textbox is automatically selected and the current number highlighted. On mobile, this means your keyboard will instantly open. You can then immediately starting typing the number of credits you want to apply and enter it.
I just wanted to say thank you for making my life easier with adding credits - not even on mobile but also on the computer it's now easier to manage! :>

aaaand the sneak peeks of the new design look already amazing! I'm looking forward to it! Thank you, Tango.
If I may suggest: maybe consider putting a button to switch to a dark mode too, it would be a little bit easier for the eyes. ^_^
Tango

Post by Tango »

Much <3 Klebeband
Yus! Dark mode is high (if not 1st) on the list for after the general reconstruction has been completed. Similar to how the sneak peak colors may not be (& probably won't be quite) the final colours on release :3 This new style has been created with the assumption of being able to more easily create 'themes' in the future.

Also wanted to throw in my thanks to Yankees for the Credit Input update. OMG it's so nice to be able to just click, type, enter, and go! No more fan-dangling around with up and down the page and removing the 0 to apply credits -- especially on desktop, and for removing credits on hatch!
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

"Speaking of Daycare, a small, quality of life change was made to the Click Exchange. Now, when you click on an adopt to give credits to, the textbox is automatically selected and the current number highlighted. On mobile, this means your keyboard will instantly open. You can then immediately starting typing the number of credits you want to apply and enter it."

This is awesome, thank you!

Also thank you very much for making babys evolveable!
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.