Am I Playing the game wrong?

Have any questions regarding Virtuadopt? Ask here!
Syiren

Am I Playing the game wrong?

Post by Syiren »

I'm on here as often as possible throughout the day and I mainly use the click exchange to gather clicks and poke cash, but that's all I know. I tried Yarolds, was it? But that site confuses me with its mixed layout and other click sites mixed in. I feel silly, and wanted to know if I'm going about this the hard way by just clicking one at a time?

I'm not sour at all about not winning or being able to afford buying 4,000+ tickets for raffles, I'm just wondering if there's a better/easier way and I've been doing this the silly or hard way or is it really just others having a better, more efficient play style?

I will say sometimes the capcha things are weird and hard to see to get it right. Like for example, clicking on the dogs with their eyes open. If the dog has dark fur and is farther away in the blurry picture it's very hard to tell, and sometimes when I've gotten it right, it says to try again as if I was wrong, when I know I wasn't. I understand why capcha's are there and needed. Bots suck. It's just a teeny bit annoying when it tells you you're wrong and you know you aren't.

I remember the old set up had pokemon trivia with 4 options, like "What pokemon doesn't need a moonstone?" It'd show Clefable, Nidoking, Nidoqueen and an Arbok or something. Those were a lot better.
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Re: Am I Playing the game wrong?

Post by TsukinoRan »

That's all there is to VA, adopting and clicking. Some people just click way more than others, which hasn't changed from old VA to the new one XD
I also used yarolds back in the day, but I found it inefficient for getting the money...only for the clicks and then I had to click on another site too...

As for the captcha, it generates a bit of money income for the website. Not much, but a bit at least.
Dragonclaw

Post by Dragonclaw »

There's not really much more to do at the current second. Back then, we had seasonal events or events in general, contests, arcade games, etc.
Yarolds is currently not working correctly, hopefully, that will be fixed eventually. Otherwise, there's not really a different option to the CE at the moment. You can go into peoples boxes and click their pokémon, but it doesn't really feel super rewarding. Hope, for the old one-time-clicking to come back instead of clicking "here" on every single adopt. Would definitely help my bank balance :D
Right now, VA is a huge W.I.P, I'm sure, they'll be more in the future. Yankee is the only one who works on this website, so it'll need time until we slowly get more and more content. :3
For me, with the captcha, it helps to click a wrong image 2-3 times before I click on "check", but unselect it again. I don't know if that ACTUALLY helps, but I barely have any wrong captchas since I do that. Maybe it's worth a try? I personally don't like the captcha as well, but I eventually got used to it within the months.
I personally can click so much, because I can't work and I'm pretty much home and on my computer all the time. I just watch movies, videos or TikToks while I'm clicking and talk to my gf online, that kills the time and that's why I'm pretty rich and can affort more tickets for example and already have plenty shinies. Some people don't have that much time and that's okay. There's over all no wrong or right how to play this game. When I joined, I finished the Pokédex and Specialdex as much as I could and then leveld my favourite Mons as much as I could, so they would show up in the Top 3 in the Pokédex. :D I didn't cared about shinies or collecting adopts, just leveling. It's up to you whatever you'll be pasionate about uwu
Icon: Zhou__Mao

Adoptable Adoptable Image Image ImageAdoptable
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

Ah, okay. The capcha things makes a lot of sense in that regard, and I don't blame VA for that at all.

I think part of my confusion was from a case of habit? I've been on another site called Dragon Cave since 2012 where you hatch dragons that also rely on views (clicks) to hatch and grow, but there are supporter sites called hatcheries to help the eggs hatch much quicker as they have a time limit of one week before the egg or hatchling dies if it doesn't get enough views to grow into an adult. I'm very used to Dragon Cave's system as I've raised over 9,000 dragons there.

Sorry, I'm getting sidetracked.

Thank you both. like I said, I wasn't sour or discouraged, I was just curious if there was a strategy to the game to make it easier. Because when I did first join Dragon Cave I didn't know about the supporter sites for it and was trying to raise my first batch of 4 dragons on my own. That was not easy. lol. I know there's as I call it, "Double Tuesday" where the site money earned can go up to $8 which is really nice.

Hmm... I might try that captcha trick, Dragonclaw. Especially since some of them are so weird. Most of them aren't that bad, like asking about the parrots or the boats, etc. The most annoying ones are the "closed eyes" ones and the one asking about dogs wearing collars. Except the images are usually close ups and the dog is facing right at the viewer so its nearly impossible to see the collars. lol.

Again, thanks you two. It's kind of a relief knowing that I am doing things the right way and not making it harder on myself. lol. You should have seen my reaction when I realized the support sites for Dragon Cave existed. That's listed in my top five most epic facepalms. lmao!
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage