Hoenn Art Update

Ideas and suggestions that have been reviewed by staff and will not be implemented.

Art Rework?

Yes, I'd like a rework
76%
No, the current art is fine
24%

Total votes: 17
Dragonclaw

Hoenn Art Update

Post by Dragonclaw »

Hey!
I don't know how to put this into words without sounding too rude, I just think about that since a while.
Well. The art of the Hoenn adopts is very old and it shows, it doesn't match the style of the other artworks very much and stands out a lot. There are some Pokémon who still look good, like Mudkip, Carvanha, Altaria and Pelipper, but the majority is just, eep. Artists improve and that's superduper amazing to see improvement and don't wanna judge a persons journey with art too much, it's just amazing to see how much UkeSora improved with their art. :3 But maybe it's time to give Hoenn a shiny new look?
I just wanted to ask if there is any art update planned or even just if I'm alone with this opinion or if other people share it, perhaps? I think, a poll would be the best way for people to answer this, since - well, it's a rather uncomfortable thing to complain about (free?) art.

I'd like to add some examples of Pokémon, who could really need a rework, in my opinion, maybe to refresh peoples memories as well.
Spoiler:
Again, this all is just my opinion and you don't have to share it! ;w; I hope, it wasn't too rude >^<
Icon: Zhou__Mao

Adoptable Adoptable Image Image ImageAdoptable
Glichu

Re: Hoenn Art Update

Post by Glichu »

Totally agree with you.
I appreciate time and efforts that our artist put into these arts, but they are a little different from general art theme.

If I remember correctly, few years ago I also asked about redraw of some Adopts of Hoenn and Unova. But it was told that they they will not be redrawn because they are created by VAs artists.

Anyway +1 to this idea.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptable
General amount of hatched shinies: 122
Dragonclaw

Post by Dragonclaw »

I do too, I appreciate the effort endlessly!
But yes, I'm also not exactly happy with the Unova adopts, but compared to the Hoenn ones, they're okay-ish and I can live with them. Since redrawing an entire Generation of Pokémon isn't easy or less effort. That's why I haven't asked for that.

It's nothing that has to happen right away, maybe within the next three years or something. c:
I personally would just prefer a Hoenn update over the Galar release, tbh. But maybe that's just me ovo"

TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

While I personally don't agree with that (In my eyes the artwork is fine, it's not like I'm looking at them 24/7); I also don't know how much time Sora has. Since Sora is the last remaining artist on VA that I know of I wouldn't prioitze reworks but rather get the new generations drawn that don't have artworks yet (but will be planned in the future, I guess).
Since only 1 person will be a bit overworked with that I guess that will only be something for a (distant) future.
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

I painted them with my mouse back then ehehe. 😆
Alive

Post by Alive »

UkeSora wrote: August 8th, 2022, 12:09 pm I painted them with my mouse back then ehehe. 😆
Well I couldn't do it better even if I had the tools, but I understand people want more... no wonder they simply (me too of course) want to see your progress since back then :mrgreen:

Good luck to the artists with doing that, and hope for some art-revamp. 💜
Spoiler:
0 Rh(+)音隠れの里
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
In nomine patris et fillii et spiritus sancti
Dragonclaw

Post by Dragonclaw »

Oh, I had no idea! Sorry, but for mouse drawings, they're insanely good, seriously! I'm impressed *_*
I'll just always keep that in mind from now, maybe they'll grow on me more, heh. ^w^

UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

No worries, I take no offense. I know they are quite old.

My style is very different to Nautilus style, so they will be always differences between the generations. I just can’t do clean lines like Nautilus and it shows in new artworks.

To answer your original question, there isn’t any update planned. I’d prefer focusing on Galar and coming generations.