What is a chance/odds of getting shiny?

Have any questions regarding Virtuadopt? Ask here!
Leafeon98

What is a chance/odds of getting shiny?

Post by Leafeon98 »

I have been clicking so much in these past 2 days, hatched 220 eggs and still didn´t even got at least 1 shiny. Kinda frutstrated because of hard work I put. Is there any official chance in % of getting shiny so I know I will get one by 500th mon or such?
Thanks.
If you feed my box 1, I will feed your Pokémons as well! :)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Dragonclaw

Re: What is a chance/odds of getting shiny?

Post by Dragonclaw »

We don't know the exact odds, but someone said it's around 335:1, but possibly a little better, because there were some unhatched eggs in the maths. That's still no guarantee for a shiny. I had a 1.200+ streak without a shiny. But still. We don't know if that's correct, this person just searched up how many shinies the website had in total on the number of existing eggs.
Icon: Zhou__Mao

Adoptable Adoptable Image Image ImageAdoptable
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Last edited by Inactive on April 17th, 2023, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leafeon98

Post by Leafeon98 »

Morgrem wrote: April 25th, 2022, 4:45 am It's all up to luck and chance, but as Dragonclaw said, it seems to be around 1 in 300, or 400-- and there's no guarantee that you will get one within 300 eggs since each egg has the same chance to be shiny. There are older forum posts discussing shiny chance, it seems folks thought it was around 1/300 too, so that makes it the most common belief.

Since each egg has the same chance to be shiny, that could mean that you might go a while without a shiny- but it also means that you might get super lucky and get a few shiny Pokemon very close together. It's all up to chance- like trying to roll a 1 on a 300 sided die.
Just keep sticking with it and I'm sure some of your eggs will shine ^_^
Thanks. So far i am at 410 without single one, it´s starting to be a little frustrating, knowing how much persistence I put with zero result so far. Hopefully the virtuadopt god will have mercy with me and drop me couple shiny.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Last edited by Inactive on April 17th, 2023, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leafeon98

Post by Leafeon98 »

I thought this game would be fair to its loyal players. I expected at least some certain point where is guaranteed to get shiny. So far I am at 720 mons without single shiny. What do I do wrong? Seems like i am just wasting my time on this game
Tango

Post by Tango »

If you consider that before the reset individual members had multi millions of adopts, and shinies were the only thing that had any real value to the older players any more, the complaint that you're not being handed the most valuable thing the site can offer shouldn't be ponderous. And technically your odds here are better than in the canon games ;D

Sometimes you get unlucky. It happens. You're not the only one that hasn't gotten a shiny yet. And perhaps you'll get lucky later and you get two nearly back-to-back. RNG is fickle.

I hope you get one soon though!
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════