Travelling to different regions

You have an idea for site or have a suggestion to make it better? Post here.
KitsuLeif

Travelling to different regions

Post by KitsuLeif »

Since Johto is already in the system, just not activated yet, and other regions will eventually follow over the next couple of months, I had an idea:
What if we could travel between regions?
Let's say, right now all of us are in the Kanto region, but for a fixed amount of in-game money you can travel to the Johto region, once it becomes available.

What could the benefits of travelling be?
For example, there could be a higher chance for eggs adopted in one region to contain Pokémon of the generation that region had its debut in. That way, it would make it easier - especially when more generations are available on VA - to get Pokémon that you don't already have plenty of.
Another benefit could be getting region specific Pokémon without having to use items that don't resemble the way you evolve these Pokémon in the mainline games. That way, Eevee could evolve into Leafeon/Glaceon only in the Sinnoh region.
Pokémon with Alola forms could hatch only from eggs adopted in Alola, or evolve into Alola forms only in that region.
Even the slot machine promos could be tied to the region you're currently in, so new players still have a chance to get older Promos that would normally not be available in the slot machine any longer. But this is probably too much to ask for.

Also, maybe travelling should be limited to once per week or so in addition to the money you'd have to spend on it, so you'd have to commit to it.

What do you think of it?
-Alec-
Lurch (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Re: Travelling to different regions

Post by -Alec- »

I actually think this is a good Idea :D
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

+1

I do like the idea of being able to switch/visit regions, but I'd also suggest Virtuadopt being it's own region. So that by default, we're all in that "VA-Region", but if we want certain Pokemon to be available easier, we can visit the other regions for a set amount of money OR on a time limit.

I don't like the idea of it both costing (probably a lot of) money and only being able to switch regions/return to the default mixed VA-region after waiting for a set time. I'm all for free public transport in real life, so the idea of free public transport on VA does appeal to me, and that could very well be tied to being able to only visit a specific, non-default region every once in a while. (Somewhere between weekly and monthly, with being able to return to default faster, but not being able to visit another region without finishing the waiting time.)

But if I already have to pay for a public transport ticket, I'd prefer being able to also just go take that transport without having to wait for the Deutsche Bahn in a week or something :D
Pheria

Post by Pheria »

+1

Though, I suppose this could be a lot of work with coding. Also minus the time limits because that would put a huge bumper on it. However, I wouldn’t mind paying a little to flip the switch
If you feel like you're going to crash...
AdoptableAdoptable
...a c c e l
e r a t e !

Post by Tango »

+1 For being able to pick a focus region in exchange for some travel fees & on a short wait timer (~1 day?), or just increased cost for switching multiple times a day.

+1 for having 'personalized encounters' (eg: gratz) depending on the region you're in. Might be a nightmare to make happen, but doesn't discount that the idea is intriguing.

I too love free public transit, but switching regions is more akin to flying to a different country; not taking a bus downtown. Having another outlet to spend money on a purely optional feature that doesn't compete with your fellow community would be good.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

+1 this sounds like a great and fun concept.
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

I almost made a suggestion last night of how to obtain/evolve regional variants, but this does it a lot better than my idea was.

+1

(Epsecially if it gives us Hisui Pokemon at the same time as Sinnoh Pokemon.)
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
MrQuaza

Post by MrQuaza »

I LOVE the idea of traveling to different regions and having a higher chance to get Pokémon from that region.
I also really like getting Regional Variants that way.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable