Discord

Ideas and suggestions that have been acted upon and implemented.

Discord Channel?

Yes
75%
No
9%
Undecided
16%

Total votes: 32
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Discord

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

I keep seeing comments about Discord so I want to make a topic discussing what people think and if one was created, what would be expected of it.

Personally, I see why people would like a live chat option. It brings communities together and is an easy way of communicating. I don't think it should be a "clone" of the forum though. A chit chat channel, and not much else. But I could be convinced otherwise.
Inactive

Re: Discord

Post by Inactive »

I'm new to the website, I was always seeing my gf playing but figured it was too late to join in, so I joined after the reset!
I just want to say that a discord server is a great idea, especially for those who prefer live-chat or discord in general.
Last edited by Inactive on April 11th, 2022, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 10:45 pm I keep seeing comments about Discord so I want to make a topic discussing what people think and if one was created, what would be expected of it.

Personally, I see why people would like a live chat option. It brings communities together and is an easy way of communicating. I don't think it should be a "clone" of the forum though. A chit chat channel, and not much else. But I could be convinced otherwise.

Well, I'm not really for it, but also not against it^^
As long as there will be no harassing or such going on I think it's a good idea to keep in touch besides the forum.
However, I also fear that the forum could die down a bit with discord, so really undecided on it.
Will go with the majority though, I guess.
Catslover
I <3 Shiny's

Post by Catslover »

I like the forum way better then Discord, I'm not such a great fan of Discord

Might take a look if it's created, maybe I will change my mind, and find it handy, who knows =)
There are so many topics here, I don't need Discord for it, is my opinion ^^
:king: AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable :wub:
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

I'd like a Discord server. As it is something very different from a forum, I don't think it would replace the forums in any way.

A forum in my eyes usually is someplace to talk about things that might be relevant later on, things that maybe one would like to read again. Something like game tips, recommendations for books/movies/games, etc. A discord server on the other hand is, to me at least, a place where I'd more likely talk about unimportant stuff like what I'm currently doing, what the weather is like, what I'll have for dinner. And usually, I like discord-servers for their pet-picture-channels, so if we would be having a discord including a pet-pic-channel, I'd probably be busy staring at all the cute pets everyone has... xD

Also, a discord server would add the option to talk to other members in voice if you'd like to, which could be a great way to get to know everyone on another level :D

Edit: Okay, maybe voice wouldn't actually be too good.. just keep in mind it's optional, one does not have to have voice-channels in a server!
Last edited by SchokoKitsune on April 4th, 2022, 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

Uh well, voice channels....don't think that would be good for mostXD
But well, as long it is moderated....
Yasha_sama

Post by Yasha_sama »

Discord is okay but Forum is better.
The only thing you could see on Discord is who of the users is still active here. I would like to click more players.. but so many are no longer active and have been for years.. really a shame.
Adoptable
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

I wanted to leave this be for a week and if it hit at least 2/3 yes (which it did), I would do an official VA Discord.

I have very little experience setting up a Discord server, so my next question is who has experience with that and would like to assist with moderation of it?
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

The setting up of a Discord server is more or less easy, dependent on which roles you wanna have and what permissions they should use.
However it can get a bit more complex if you wanna write a discord bot^^'
As for moderation, I pass I guess, I already have too much to moderate^^''
Scavenger

Post by Scavenger »

I like Discord. You can talk and discuss with people in realtime you have not to wait maybe days or weeks.

To Setup a Discord-Server, the Discord Client take you by your Hand and guides you thourgh the Process.
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

I choosed "undecided". I think it would be very helpful to have an server to find more people for talking, trading and stuff. But it is not a must have for me. Also the changes are high that I might be very inactive, since I use discord very rarely. But that's just my personal thing^^°
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations