State of the Virtuadopt

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Tomoaki
Tauros' leader

Re: State of the Virtuadopt

Post by Tomoaki »

Akemie wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 11:55 am Other pokemon-clicking-sites have click lists called "unreturned favours" where you click back those people who clicked your adopts. VA could get something similar. I personally wouldn't like notifications. You can see who clicked a specific adopt now so a notif wouldn't be necessary imo. :3
Oh I see, I am not on that many clicking sites anymore :) With notifications I just mean something that tells you, hey this person clicked pokemon x,y and z, without me having to go into the view/edit modus as it is on VA now. I don't know what those unreturned favours lists look like, but I would love to just be notified.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Siemik
Star Guardian

Post by Siemik »

Option 3 is good, would try again ^^
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Foxypuff

Post by Foxypuff »

I haven't been around for long, but option 3 sounds best. Maybe also add a price for adding more boxes or storage space to encourage more interactions.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

Status Update 2022.03.09

The general consensus seems to be most people are in favor of a reset. This is encouraging to see as I think starting over will help bring more people around.

Adoptable migrations
As I said previously, I want to stick with only the Kanto region being available first. This gives us time to iron out the kinks, fix the bugs, and work on new features while the site is still small. That does mean the vast majority of your collections can't be migrated because they literally aren't in the system. Yes, all data related to them is going to be saved and they will still very much exist, just waiting for the time that we are able to bring some of them over.

I do think we can at least begin the conversation of what does that look like. How many are people allowed to bring over? Should they exist as any other adoptable in the new system or are they just an image? Can they be traded? Should they have some sort of identifying badge (OG)?

Account migration
I plan to migrate the forum, its users and posts, as they are without anything be lost. I don't have any plans to migrate click exchange credits, money, items, achievements, etc but I'm open to discussing it.

How's it going?
I can confirm I started working on a "Virtuadopt 2" site. It looks exactly as it does now. The art is the same. The pages look the same. Well, mostly the same. I remove the item scrolling under .profile because let's face it, we don't use it.

But, the backend is completely different. It's new, it's shiny, it's organized, and it's fast. How much faster? I don't think it will be super noticeable on the frontend, but let us look at adoptable image building. The new system can build mover than 50,000 adoptable images in a few minutes. The current system, after all the modifications and tweaks made over the last decade for new adoptables, can handle about 1,000 in that same time period.

I have added some new features though. For example, some Virtuadopts are more likely to hatch from eggs than others. Some are more likely to be male just like some are more likely to be female.

What's our "features" goal for going live?
I'll leave this one open ended as well. But, in my eyes, I see a few core features are required before we consider moving to the new code. Adopting eggs, feeding (+prizes), evolving, and editing nicknames/storage are all required. I think a click exchange is also in that required tier. For evolving, some need items so that means a market. Trading and breeding can probably wait a little bit, as well as mini games.

Let me know if you like this kind of status update style and maybe it'll become a weekly "dev diary" type of thing.
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

Omg, I am incredibly excited. Thank you so much for your hard work :O ♥
Everything sounds great to me so far. I personally don't care too much about achievements, items and money. The only thing that is close to my heart are my rare virtuadopts :3
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: March 9th, 2022, 8:17 pm Adoptable migrations
I do think we can at least begin the conversation of what does that look like. How many are people allowed to bring over? Should they exist as any other adoptable in the new system or are they just an image? Can they be traded? Should they have some sort of identifying badge (OG)?
I think it would be nice to see if you could bring over like....100 or so, shinies or other adoptables that people would want to keep. Since some of them wouldn't be able to achieve again, maybe make them untradeable so that people don't make profit off of them. Although I think that would depend on the number of adopts that everyone could bring, maybe more, maybe less. As for adopts with being only an image...my guess would be that people would prefer to interact with them still, but as I mentioned before, I guess making them untradable sounds good, since it is supposed to be a reset of some kind.
yankeesrule3526 wrote: March 9th, 2022, 8:17 pm Account migration
I plan to migrate the forum, its users and posts, as they are without anything be lost. I don't have any plans to migrate click exchange credits, money, items, achievements, etc but I'm open to discussing it.
Well, Items like everstones would be nice if they could be migrated, but I think that depends on the number of adopts you could bring (if any at all). Since people may want to keep their adopts non-evolved I think that should be possible. After all, when you migrate them and shinies or so evolve that would be a bit...unfortunate.
yankeesrule3526 wrote: March 9th, 2022, 8:17 pm What's our "features" goal for going live?
I'll leave this one open ended as well. But, in my eyes, I see a few core features are required before we consider moving to the new code. Adopting eggs, feeding (+prizes), evolving, and editing nicknames/storage are all required. I think a click exchange is also in that required tier. For evolving, some need items so that means a market. Trading and breeding can probably wait a little bit, as well as mini games.
The features that you mentioned should be available before migrating, I agree with that. Also, since the number of users on the site is that small, a sort of click-exchange would be desirable as well, otherwise it would take ages to hatch and evolve^^'
Trading and breeding....not exactly necessary from my end at least in the first some weeks, but a nice to have feature for the future again^^
At least as soon as it would work XD

And sure, dev diary sounds good, so everyone is being updated with the work^^
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

Making transfered mons untradable sounds great tbh. So they aren't send over to make profit. The reason for the transfer is that we don't want to loose our beloved virtuadopts we worked hard for etc. So why should we want to trade them anyway? :3

A CE from the get-go would be great, as TsukinoRan already mentioned. It is the only thing that helps hatching and leveling things xD

(And if you implement congratz from the beginning too, maybe change the form so we get the won code via PM? Saw way too many people loosing it because they clicked too fast xD)
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

I actually implemented receiving promo codes yesterday. I added a way to track who the code was sent to, mostly to track malicious activities. It could be used to see promo codes missed and maybe charge X many $ to reveal the code missed?
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

Oh, that sounds really nice to track promo codes...I lost quite some back then^^'
Soaking a bit of money for it is also okay I think.
Glichu

Post by Glichu »

I like the idea with untradeable mons too. The only question is quantity of adopts that we will be able to transfer.

System for tracking Congratz codes is great idea! I lost a lot of them during my first year here. And paying for getting it back is nice too, because we spend $ only for daycare and sometimes for everstones ^^'
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptable
General amount of hatched shinies: 122
Tomoaki
Tauros' leader

Post by Tomoaki »

I have no problem with only Kanto in the beginning.

I would love if the migrated pkmn could be interacted with, as TsukinoRan already said.
On the "how many" question, personally I am a bit conflicted tbh, because I do love my Tauros collection (if I could bring one collection of pkmn with me, it would be that one) and I kind of don't want to loose them all, but I also want this to be a new and fresh start. I guess I will just settle with what you decide in the end because I can't decide for myself in this case.

Which kind of Pkmn would be be allowed to keep though?
Shinies, promos and normal ones? What about monthlies? And dex-promos/legendaries? Or does it not matter as long as we stick to the number that will be decided on? (I am sorry if this was answered already somewhere in this thread, I didn't read back all of it).

I am okay with the migrated Pokemon becoming untradeable for fairness, but personally I highly dislike the idea of an identifying badge, purely because I like the images to be completely text-free (I try my best to ignore the badge on promos ;) ), so if possible I would opt for no badge on them at all.
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

Tomoaki wrote: March 11th, 2022, 12:11 am Which kind of Pkmn would be be allowed to keep though?
Shinies, promos and normal ones? What about monthlies? And dex-promos/legendaries? Or does it not matter as long as we stick to the number that will be decided on? (I am sorry if this was answered already somewhere in this thread, I didn't read back all of it).
When I wrote my suggestion with the 100 adopts it seems that I forget about the special dex promos and the monthlies X'D
How would they be handled in any case?
Like normal dex adopts or would they exist separately?
I figured since they aren't normal adopts in any case maybe make the migration for them separate also?
So that people can take with them a defined amount of normal dex pokemon (including shinies and dex-promos) and another defined amount for special dex/monthlies maybe?
.IwaOi.

Post by .IwaOi. »

So, after a little encouragement, I'll write down my opinion on it.
However, I have to say right away that I am still a beginner here and therefore have no idea what is possible or not. x3
It should also be said that the site was recommended to us, despite the imminent shutdown.
"As long as they exist, have your fun."
And that's exactly the fun I have, so I'm very happy that the site is allowed to live on.
A big thank you for that alone. <3

First of all, I think it's very good that the Kanto region is started to avoid repeated errors or overload.
Another thing I could control is the idea of ​​how the game Pokémon GO handles it (especially for generations to come).
I don't know how many play here, or if it's known, but it's often like this there:
When a new generation is introduced, there are only a certain number of these Pokémon and their evolutions for a long time.
Maybe that would also be a possibility for the new VA :3
How many Pokemon you can take with you... well, as a beginner, I'm really overwhelmed because I probably have the least to lose xD
But then to exclude them from the general exchange is very, very great.
It's supposed to be a fresh start ;3

If the site completely reboots, I don't think all the features here are needed.
Personally, what I would like, despite a start, would be the everstones, and development items of the Kanto region.
Of course, this would mean that the market is there.
Either with a very small offer, which is solely related to these Pokémon.
Or the slot machine regularly ejects these items as a mini prize when you click.
The GTS does not have to be there from the start, it is better to wait until it moves in again.
However, would it then be possible to evolve one of the Pokemon that the GTS need to evolve via an item or button?
The CE, or some other way to click, would be nice if it was there from the start.
To even have fun with a click and adoption site.

What I wish for that will definitely come back when the time is right:
- GTS
- market
- daycare
- add more & new Box
AdoptableAdoptable
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Tomoaki wrote: March 11th, 2022, 12:11 am Which kind of Pkmn would be be allowed to keep though?

I am okay with the migrated Pokemon becoming untradeable for fairness, but personally I highly dislike the idea of an identifying badge, purely because I like the images to be completely text-free (I try my best to ignore the badge on promos ;) ), so if possible I would opt for no badge on them at all.
I think most could be migrated. I think anything customizable wouldn't though, just to keep it simple. Things like Easter Exeggcute, Sudowoodo, maybe some of the monthlies with different types.

I think a badge is required to avoid confusion. Can't have people seeing a shiny Arceus in someone's box and thinking they can get one too.
Nery
Coffee Freak

Post by Nery »

a badge on migrated pokemon is at least better than losing all older adopts. also that migrated pokemon are not tradeable - seems fair to me.
Virtuadopt Click-Box
Collecting: Seel, Dewgong, Houndour, Houndoom, Abandoned Mimikyu and Anpu Houndoom
(Future Gens: Gothorita, Deerling, Klink, Cofagrigus, Archen, Mimikyu)
Tomoaki
Tauros' leader

Post by Tomoaki »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: March 11th, 2022, 5:59 pm I think a badge is required to avoid confusion. Can't have people seeing a shiny Arceus in someone's box and thinking they can get one too.
Nerymon wrote: March 11th, 2022, 7:09 pm a badge on migrated pokemon is at least better than losing all older adopts. also that migrated pokemon are not tradeable - seems fair to me.
Putting it that way, I can hardly argue xD. I also rather have a badge on them over not having them at all. And I guess for less confusion it's better to mark them in some way. If it's a badge I'll live with that, it is a personal problem anyway and not something really major so I'll just have to get used to it then.
yankeesrule3526 wrote: March 11th, 2022, 5:59 pm I think most could be migrated. I think anything customizable wouldn't though, just to keep it simple. Things like Easter Exeggcute, Sudowoodo, maybe some of the monthlies with different types.
Oh okay so things like the ice-creams and any monthlies, that come in different color variants, alright. There are a few valentines ones I would like to keep, so I think those will be fine then. ^^

I agree on seperate numbers for normal/shinies and (dex-)promos/monthlies as a good idea. :)

***edit***

I just remembered one thing:
People from the same household/IP-adress are not able click the same users pkmn, I don't remember anymore if it was a technical issue or just to prevent people from having multiple accounts or both. Just that I and my boyfriend were both on VA and if one clicked person X the other couldn't do that anymore, so we had to have seperate clicklists. I know the click exchange is different and somewhat fixed that problem, so for cases like that I think the CE definitely would have to be there from the start. (Or maybe there is a way to fix the IP-adress-thing otherwise, I am just assuming it will stay like this)
Permutation
.~.~.~.~.

Post by Permutation »

Yeah, that migrated pokemon should not be tradeable.

Thanks a lot for your work on that, yankee. <3
May the force be with you.
(or the „Elden Ring“) xD
《♢●♢》 《♢●♢》
Karena

Post by Karena »

Thanks for the new information Yankee.

Personally, I would like to continue clicking on my later taken Shinys, Special, Mothley and Promos. I think they have a special sign to mark them. I also agree that they are not tradable.

That at the beginning the page is kept simple to test how everything is running is completely okay.
Then you are all the more happy about every little thing that comes new.

It would be really nice if you kept us informed about the planning of the new site.
Catslover
I <3 Shiny's

Post by Catslover »

Thank you very much yankees, for the update =D
It sounds great!!
Thank you for doing this effort for (the) VA (community) <3

Starting with Kanto, Migrating, Untradeable, Badges, paying to receive a lost promo, great ideas! ^^
Would be great if the CE or something would return asap,
and everstones too, some pokemon / shiny's needs to stay the same xD

Good Luck with editing VA :king:
I would love to read future updates =D
:king: AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable :wub:
Ecco
** TROPIUS **

Post by Ecco »

Good news thanks for everything yankees !
:king: Image :wub:

Collecting:Tropius (Pm me if you have some tropius for trade)