Pokémon Sword & Shield

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
Glichu

Pokémon Sword & Shield

Post by Glichu »

Today during Pokemon Direct were revealed two new games of generation 8:
Pokémon Sword & Shield
Spoiler for Trailer:
Also three starter Pokemon were revealed:
Spoiler for Starters:
The Grass-type starter is called Grookey,
The Fire Rabbit Scorbunny
And Water Pokémon is Sobble.
The new region is called Galar Region.
Spoiler for Direct 05/06/2019:
Spoiler for New Pokemon:
The Grass-type Gossifleur,
And it evolves into Eldegoss also a Grass type
New Water / Rock turtle Drednaw
And Flying / Steel Pokémon Corviknight.
Spoiler for Legendaries & Boxart:
ImageImage

Just watch the video above ;)
Last edited by Glichu on June 5th, 2019, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptable
General amount of hatched shinies: 122
K-Y

Re: Pokémon Sword & Shield

Post by K-Y »

I wonder how legends would looks like (wolves?) :3 atm I prefer shield version (and only me...)

Starters are... ugh... I like only water one, fire is creepy and grass is mix of chespin shinx and lemur. We need to see their evolution, Liliten was my fav before I saw his evolution so...
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptableTeam InstinctAdoptableAdoptable
"Inni złodzieje zwyczajnie kradli wszystko, czego nie przybito do podłoża, ale ten złodziej kradł również gwoździe."
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Did anyone notice the cornfields? I swear the little guys are Meltans.. who is the big Pokémon? It doesn’t look like it’s evolution. Maybe it is indeed some kind of wolf?

I really dislike the monkey starter. Water one is great, I think. The rabbit.. I am a bit scared of its evolution line to be honest. I don’t want another fighting starter..

Galar map is pretty, but looks a bit small to me. These little villages down there don’t really look all that inviting and I hope you’re free to explore the grass lands and forests. Right now it looks pretty linear similar to Alola and yeah.. well, I sure hope a lot.
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

I don't see anything in the cornfields o.o

I fell in love with the little bunny, I hope its evolution won't be ruined like the last one >.<
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Glichu

Post by Glichu »

I like bunny and gecko, hope for great evos and shiny patterns.

As for monkey, it looks like a mix of Chespin / Quilladin and Pansage to me.
I don't like the idea of both Wolf Legendaries. Hope it's only a part of game logo like it was in Sun and Moon.

And I have to check corn fields one more time :D
AdoptableAdoptable
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

It’s the grassy fields, in the home town, it seems. There are some “drawings” in the grass, depicting some kind of Pokémon.
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

UkeSora wrote: February 28th, 2019, 8:44 am It’s the grassy fields, in the home town, it seems. There are some “drawings” in the grass, depicting some kind of Pokémon.
I don't know what you mean. I only see those big stone things with symbols. But it doesn't look like a Meltan.
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Despite that I won't ever play any of those switch games....
I like the scenery, especially the beginning with old wood houses, huge book shelfs and such, and ivy everyhere! The gameplay looks a bit edgy and quite stiff still.
The starters... well. I expected worse :'D except the monkey thing, they're cute. But the bunny suggests AGAIN a fire/fighting evolution. As if we didn't have this 4 times already! I can totally imagine a bulky muscular fighting bunny just like the Alolan cornflakes tiger.
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Akemie wrote: February 28th, 2019, 12:10 pm
UkeSora wrote: February 28th, 2019, 8:44 am It’s the grassy fields, in the home town, it seems. There are some “drawings” in the grass, depicting some kind of Pokémon.
I don't know what you mean. I only see those big stone things with symbols. But it doesn't look like a Meltan.
No, in the trailer or on the map you can see a big hill with symbols on it. It’s a grassy hill; the trainer is walking towards it in one scene.
There are several small symbols which look like Meltans, a big one which might be a legendary Pokémon and an other small one I can’t identify.

On a side note, did anyone notice the Dugtrio wall on the map? I wonder what it’s inside.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

i love the way it looks. although i don't have a nintendo switch... maybe i'll invest in one? i will miss my 3DS.
the bunny and chameleon are cute, i have a feeling i'm going to lean toward the bunny but depends on the evo's. Sobble reminds me of mudkip.
Adoptable
Sayumi
• All good things to those who wait. ✿

Post by Sayumi »

I guess I'm a bit different than most people who play pokémon because I actually haven't played a game since the very first ones (Pokémon Red, Blue & Yellow).

Recently we bought the Nintendo Switch for games like Mario Kart and Zelda etc. - Now I bought Pokémon let's go Eevee a few weeks ago and have been playing it since then. I feel a bit back in childhood, even though the Let'sGo-Versions differ somewhat from the "original" games (eg. you have to catch wild pokémon instantly instead of being able to just fight them).

Now I saw that the new region is coming for Switch and I do have to admit that I'm happy and excited to see it (:

won't it be available for the 3DS?
Tradestation
Inoff. Helper: german, french & english
Image Image
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

UkeSora wrote: February 28th, 2019, 6:48 am Did anyone notice the cornfields? I swear the little guys are Meltans.. who is the big Pokémon? It doesn’t look like it’s evolution. Maybe it is indeed some kind of wolf?

I really dislike the monkey starter. Water one is great, I think. The rabbit.. I am a bit scared of its evolution line to be honest. I don’t want another fighting starter..

Galar map is pretty, but looks a bit small to me. These little villages down there don’t really look all that inviting and I hope you’re free to explore the grass lands and forests. Right now it looks pretty linear similar to Alola and yeah.. well, I sure hope a lot.
I definitely think the hill pattern landmark is something for the legendaries, I guess it does look a bit like MeltanXD
Also, I definitely think the world will be bigger than what the map gives us, it definitely seemed that way in the trailer.
Sayumi wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 8:30 am won't it be available for the 3DS?
Nope, Nintendo is moving on to to switch. That's the way systems go, sadly. I remember when I had to get a DS when they stopped making Gameboy Color games. Better graphic and holds way more memory, it was only a matter of time lol

I have a switch, I bought it along with Let's Go Eevee, they're really nice and I do highly recommend getting one to anyone who doesn't ave it yet.
K-Y

Post by K-Y »

AcryliCat UwU wrote: March 5th, 2019, 4:33 am I have a switch, I bought it along with Let's Go Eevee, they're really nice and I do highly recommend getting one to anyone who doesn't ave it yet.
I've got mine with Let's go Pikachu and I love it :D I really like the idea of console that can be played mobile or on tv. Before switch I have only DS Lite.
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptableTeam InstinctAdoptableAdoptable
"Inni złodzieje zwyczajnie kradli wszystko, czego nie przybito do podłoża, ale ten złodziej kradł również gwoździe."
Sayumi

Post by Sayumi »

Ah I see, thanks for your answer.

I'm not really up to date with Nintendo. My "last" console, before the switch this year, was the GameBoy Pocket back in ... 1998? so like....20 years ago? I'm old.. *counts gray hairs on head* I don't even know if you can find "old" pokémon in the newer game versions/regions... by that I mean if you can find Pikachu or idk, some other Kanto-Pokemon in the Galar region..? I feel like a noob haha ^^'

Well I'm happy that I will be able to enjoy, after 20 years, playing the "regular" pokémon game again. :3

The starters seem all somewhat cute but I'd have to see the evolutions before making a final decision. Atm I like Grookey the most.
Tradestation
Image Image
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I actually really like Grookey a lot, but I'm hoping Scorbunny turns into a fire/fairy type

And yes, most all of the new games include early gen pokemon on top of whatever new dex they have to offer X3
Sayumi

Post by Sayumi »

Ahh good, then my hope persists that I could maybe have a Leafeon ingame <3

Which sadly is impossible in the let's go versions... but oh well I like my eevee too :3
Tradestation
Image Image
Glichu

Post by Glichu »

New info appeared on Serebii:

"Nintendo America just put out a minor bit of new Pokémon Sword & Shield information. With this information, they have confirmed once and for all that the Stadium-like building scattered across the Galar Region are Gyms. This had been theorised but has now finally been confirmed. With this, a new element was introduced. Rather than Gym Leaders, the Gyms in Galar have got Gym Masters. At present it's unclear what the difference between the two"

And now they deleted this twit :?
AdoptableAdoptable
Gamekatt101

Post by Gamekatt101 »

Huh, guess they weren't quite ready for the world to see. XD Oh well. Gives us more things to speculate on. Maybe it means master of their gyms chosen element? Or maybe there are multiple Masters and you fight one depending on the level of your pokes/how many badges you have. Always wanted something like that to counter all the grinding people do.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

I wouldn’t put too much thought on the term ‘master’. It’s still gonna be some sort of gym battle, after all gyms were announced in the reveal trailer. A gym battle probably is a huge battle (we can see people sitting in the stands), with cheering and the player wearing that sport outfit. I wonder whether the term “master” is used in any sport which could be related to it?
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

Well the gyms looked very "footballish/soccerish" to me and since the region seems to be based on england that would make sense. And like in real life, where every big city has its own soccer team, every big city in Galar has its own gym (and maybe the trainers you usually find in gyms are a team with their own football shirts and so on). I guess the "master" might just be a term to indicate that they are doing their stuff on a high professional level.
...or that you can catch them with a masterball.

@Sayumi:
Everytime I hear from someone that they have skipped a lot of generations I'm actually a bit envious! XD To me the most exciting and interesting things about new generations are always the new pokemon but sadly the last two generation had really few of those. So going straight from gen 1 to gen 8 will give you tons and tons of new pokemon! That's pretty awesome! XD
(And I'm sure you'll be able to get leafeon. I think so far you could get the eeveelutions in almost every main game)