Credits instead of Money-Congratz

Ideas and suggestions that have been reviewed by staff and will not be implemented.
Akemie

Credits instead of Money-Congratz

Post by Akemie »

idea from Nerymon!

Nerymon shared her thoughts in the German-Topic:

It would be wonderful if the money-congratzs would be switched with ones in which we can win credtis for the CE. In times of yarolds not really working and less and less active clickers or time to constantly click in CE it would make much more sense.
What do you think?
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Dragonclaw

Re: Credits instead of Money-Congratz

Post by Dragonclaw »

I support this so hard!
This tiny amout of money is such annoying at kills my motivation to click more, tbh. It's nothing I can look forward - nope, I'm always annoyed after winning money. Credits instand are useful and I would rather win 100 (just an example.. But I can do more with them than with 1k$) credits instead of 1.000$. I mean, I swim in money and I had never problems with money, execpt in the very limted raffle times.
Please make this! Or at least, 10.000$ please. This isn't worth a congratz notification...
Last edited by Dragonclaw on October 12th, 2018, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icon: Zhou__Mao

Adoptable Adoptable Image Image ImageAdoptable
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

I like this idea, I can always use the credits.
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
Tango

Post by Tango »

While the money may not be useful to some older members that doesn't make it a useless prize overall. When you're not swimming in money *cough* the small cash bonus is wonderful for those that can't spend hours clicking here to keep up with Daycare costs and buying items. So I would be against removing the cash prize completely. Especially with the scents being so expensive, and until recently with the Quests there has been no use for extra credits like there is for extra money (for those that aren't old enough members to have everything anyway). In fact, not 3 months ago there was a discussion about earning double credits that not many liked.

That said, I do agree the $1000 is a somewhat pitiful amount compared to what else that slot win could have been. It isn't even enough to buy 1 [non-everstone] item in the market. I get that there's a scale of rewards and am not against that at all, but keeping the money reward as the bottom tier and still feel good to win would be more ideal and could be achieved by making it ~$2500 instead.

Though, having some way to be awarded a lump of credits would be neat. 100 is basically nothing though, as that's just 2 egg hatches or roughly 5 minutes of CE clicking. I can earn about 15 credits per security question (which is what 30 seconds?), which is about $30 on average per run. So 500 credits would be about equivalent to $1000, and is like a half hour of clicking.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

I'll put my 2 cents in, even though suggestions never get acknowledged or implemented...

$1,000 is a trash congratz. It's not enough to do anything with. The value needs to be increased. I've been saying it for years. Up it to $5,000. That's something worthwhile.

In the before times, congratzes also had a chance of winning random evolution items too, but people whined about it and those got removed. I wanna see it come back, actually. Since all congratz chances run independently of eachother, putting it back into the system won't harm your odds of winning anything else.

>>>

Okay main topic time. The credits congratz. I don't like it because I believe credits should explicitly be a give-and-take system, and having something that generates new credits would, over time, cause enough of a credits inflation to create a problem. That's just my opinion on the negatives.

As for the positive feedback on the suggestion, okay... 100 credits is nothing. I can make that in mere minutes. It's an even worse win potential than a thousand bucks. If it's gonna be a reward, then make it an actual thing people would want to get. Make it 1,000 credits. That's enough to take care of 20 eggs or 1-2 Pokemon in Quests.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

FairyPrincessCynthia wrote: October 11th, 2018, 10:49 pm Okay main topic time. The credits congratz. I don't like it because I believe credits should explicitly be a give-and-take system, and having something that generates new credits would, over time, cause enough of a credits inflation to create a problem.

This and especially the highlighted part are why I do not support CE Credit prizes. Credits should be earned, not won. It's one of the few things that's actually worth something anymore, as far as trade value goes. A player without old Promos and wants to collect shinies has nothing of value to trade, except credits which they earn through activity. Adding CE credits as a Congratz prize takes away from their value. Even though active players are more likely to reap the rewards, that makes it more important to not put it as a Congratz prize and devalue them.

FairyPrincessCynthia wrote: October 11th, 2018, 10:49 pm $1,000 is a trash congratz. It's not enough to do anything with. The value needs to be increased. I've been saying it for years. Up it to $5,000. That's something worthwhile.
^ This.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

I definitely agree that CE credits are not a good idea as a clicking prize. The most important argument here being the inflation (as already mentioned by FairyPrincessCynthia). Just because you HAVE credits doesn't mean you actually get a click for it. And the more you get credits via something else than clicking in the CE, the less players will click in the CE. One click should equal one credit and nothing else.
Instead of giving away free credits, I think improving the in-and-outs of the CE as a whole would prove better results. The implementing of the Q-shortcut to go back to the previous page was already a step in the right direction (at least for people like me who click on a laptop with a touchpad... on a desktop PC I'm still faster with the mouse). There are so many things that could be done. An automatic removal of credits after the egg hatched/Adopt evolved (if one wishes). The ability to give the same amount of credits to more than one Adopt at once (e.g. 60 credits to 12 egg via one go). Or the ability to give a certain amount of credits to an Adopt each day (e.g. 100 credits each day for your favourite Adopt). But now I'm going WAY of topic.

Back to the roots: I'm against credits as a prize, but I do support a higher money reward and/or additional evolutionary items from the mart.
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

I just had the same idea after getting frustrated after getting no congratz at all and then three in a week and all of them were 1000$ that I simply don't need. Even 5000$ wouldn't be appealing to me at all. I could do a lot more with 3000 Credits instead.
And you can get congratzes only by clicking, so you are still helping other players leveling their adopts, usually over the course of days and weeks. Ofc it's not the same as getting the same adopt leveled several times in just one day. But the CE would still be the way to earn a lot of credits within a short amount of time because each click = 1 credit. Meanwhile you'll probably have to do 50.000 regular clicks to be lucky enough to win 1000 credits.
I also think implementing credits as a slot machine prize is much easier than reworking the whole CE. Maybe it's possible to let the player choose if they want 1000$ or 1000 credits if they get a "currency" congratz? Idk how easy it is to code such a feature.
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

Yeah, I also miss the evolutionary items. I actually never get why people want something removed from the slots. Removing a prize won't increase your chances of winning one of the other prizes anyway so it doesn't do any harm by having it there and it might help others, especially newer members.
I think the frustrating part is that you see a congratz and you're expecting something you really wanted - and after scrolling down you're disappointed because it's actually something else. Sooo I'll add a suggestion I already made a long time ago: Why not implement different messages depending on what you won? Promos keep the "Congratz!" while Items give you something like "Wow!" or "Item!" or I don't know! And money a nice little "cha-ching!" XD
And/or you could also change the text color so that you immediatly see what you won.

For the credits idea: I think it would be nice to win some additional credits but I wouldn't want it to replace the money.
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

I agree with Cyrrior and i'am totally fine with getting money. credits would make a nice addition but nothing should be removed for it. different announcements for the prizes sounds like a good idea. of course there still will be disappointment like "why didn't i get a congratz?" but you are prepared. for me, the hardest part is to scroll down and look up the prize. i don't like it x D. throwing in my support for Cyrriors idea^^.
AdoptableAdoptable