Egg Items?

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
Junior Tycon

Egg Items?

Post by Junior Tycon »

So, I don't know what the mechanics of this would be, or even if it's really that stellar of an idea, but I thought it would be pretty interesting if we had items that you could put on eggs that maybe come from the mart and are redeemed at Team Rocket, kind of sketchily.

For example, the two items I'm thinking of are an Egg Identifier and a +Shiny% Item. Obviously, these are not real items in the game, but I thought it might be something schemy that Team Rocket might try. But, being as it's Team Rocket, there's a catch.

The Egg Identifier would allow the user to see what Pokémon will hatch from their egg. (A cheaper version from the pokemart might only show the Pokémon type or maybe even the generation). But, like the shadow sprays, if the user doesn't answer the question correctly, the item is wasted. (Easier questions on the cheaper item).

The +Shiny% item is an expensive pokemart item that increases the chance of an egg being shiny (by maybe 5-10%; not huge but still significant). If the user answers the question correctly, the +shiny% is added. If not, the item is wasted. I thought of some other repercussions, but I'm not sure how easy it would be. Ex: if wrong, the egg is captured by Team Rocket. Or, if wrong, the egg will hatch as a Shadow Pokémon. I just thought it sounded like fun to add to the VA game, but I'm not sure if anyone else would agree or how easy it is to implement.

I'd like to read your thoughts!

JT
ImageImage
~Innoficial helper - Spanish Dept.~
Avatar/Mega Banette/Totodile: allyssonlovesowlcity@deviantart
Tamm

Re: Egg Items?

Post by Tamm »

Im good with the "Egg-Items". Here's the reason: Im actually breeding Gastlys which i want to level instantly, when im putting 500 Credits in Click-Exchange on the egg there is a big chance to be evolved. So i want to have the chance to give them an everstone.

+Shiny%-Item would be a bit unfair. I would like some possibilitys like they have in real Pokemon: 1. using Pokemon from different countrys 2. Using 1 shiny to breed 3. shiny pin etc.
These are possibilitys i would like to have on Virtuadopt.

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

@Tamm: you can easily keep them from evolving if you only give them 50-70 credits. Every credits equals 1 click, and that is a max of 200 steps. So a total of 50-70 credits is more than enough to make them hatch. 500 is way too much for just letting them hatch.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Tamm

Post by Tamm »

a-chan wrote:@Tamm: you can easily keep them from evolving if you only give them 50-70 credits. Every credits equals 1 click, and that is a max of 200 steps. So a total of 50-70 credits is more than enough to make them hatch. 500 is way too much for just letting them hatch.
True, but im a psycho. You don't have to understand this.

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable