Automatic names by adaption

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
-Beerchen-

Automatic names by adaption

Post by -Beerchen- »

Hey guys,
we already have the option to click "autoname" in View/Edit Virtuadopts, but it would be also nice, if you adopt a new egg and dont tip in a name for it, that the Autoname: turns automaticly to "Yes".

So if I adopt a new egg and dont tip in a name and adopt it, my Eggs name would be "Egg" and after it hatched to a pokemon, for example to Caterpie, it changed automaticly to "Caterpie".

Hope you like this idea. It would be easier for User who need to activate this Autoname function manually for all the virtuadopts you already have.
AdoptableImageImage
Thx for a-chan for my wonderful Pansage Beery Custom ♥
LF = STARRY DWEBBLE, SHINY CARVANHA & BLOSSOM DEINO! PM ME!
Yasha

Re: Automatic names by adaption

Post by Yasha »

Personally I don't like this idea... for different reasons. I named my Virtuadopts all differently depending to were they are going. My Dex Pokis have the german name, my collection Pokis have none at all, my Favourites all have unique pet names and my Trade Pokis have whatever I adopted the egg with. It would be a lot more work for me to turn the autoname function off for every Pokis I care about.

It wouldn't be a HUGE problem if the adopted eggs would be autonamed, but the situation is just perfect for me as it is right now...

Maybe we need more opinions on this...? ^^'
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
MrQuaza

Post by MrQuaza »

Seems good but adding an option for this seems like a better idea to me. Simply choosing an option autoname and manual naming can solve some cases like Yasha's. Another way to solve it is adding this just for newly adopted eggs.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

I like the way it is now, but can see the appeal for adding the Yes/No radio buttons as an option for adopting new eggs. I only auto-name pokés that are going into my favs collection or are being collected for friends. All the rest just get an 'M' or 'F' in their name or don't have any name at all. It's easy marking for doing the Rocket scents, as then I know what I don't care about losing.

I would not be a fan of newly adopted eggs always being auto-named if the field is left blank. But having it as an option wouldn't be a bother.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
-Beerchen-

Post by -Beerchen- »

My idea should just be apeared on newly adopted eggs, so if u want to adopt a new egg and dont give it a name, that it will name it "Egg". If you already give them a name, nothing would change after all.
It would just name it "Egg" if you dont give a name on it :)

Maybe it can be an option in your options where you can activate oder deactivate this function for all adoptions.
AdoptableImageImage
Thx for a-chan for my wonderful Pansage Beery Custom ♥
LF = STARRY DWEBBLE, SHINY CARVANHA & BLOSSOM DEINO! PM ME!
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

Tbh I'd rather prefer the autoname feature for promos and monthlies instead of eggs.
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
Tango

Post by Tango »

That would be lovely. Though, a buncha monthlies and such have too long of names and get cut off so I'd prolly not use it anyway. Still not supportive of a blank name field when adopting an egg makes it auto-named. Blank names are kinda important for sorting.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Pokemon Knight

Post by Pokemon Knight »

There should be an option to "auto-name" an egg/adopts from trade or not :3
That way everybody wins :D
If you want something like this VV just PM me ;)
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I'm with Yasha on this one. I name all my Pokemon. It takes me 2 seconds to type T1 in the name box, and it takes you 2 seconds to tick the auto name box. That's fair .

As someone who names all their Pokemon, I do not want auto name ticked on automatically.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable