Do you ever use non-native Pokemon?

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
alanwaston

Do you ever use non-native Pokemon?

Post by alanwaston »

Starting in Diamond and Pearl, GF dropped trade restrictions. What this means is that you're no longer restricted to the Pokemon in that game's Regional Dex, because you can trade it in.

How often do you take advantage of this?

Personally, I don't generally use them. I didn't even use the Event Torchic in X or Ash-Greninja in Moon (both of which are also non-native). I do make exceptions occasionally, though.

I don't mind evolving a native Pokemon into a non-native Pokemon, but that's only a thing in HGSS with evolutions such as Misdreavus -> Mismagius. In my first playthrough of HeartGold, I used a Leafeon.

I'm planning on using Milotic next time I play Y, so that'll be a non-native Pokemon. I can't think of any other times I've used them, though.
Last edited by alanwaston on January 10th, 2017, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Re: Do you ever use non-native Pokemon?

Post by mauwie »

once in a while i will, but only on my second play through of a region/game i've already completed. the biggest reason i will do this is because i have shinies stored on other games that i've caught and never got a chance to use them. i will trade these shinies to a game i'm planning on starting fresh and use those as apart of my team.

but they are never legendaries, i don't like to use legendaries as apart of my team. I only do this with basic and favorite pokemon, such as eevee, furfrou and maybe a dragon pokemon.
Adoptable
RaptorBlu3

Re: Do you ever use non-native Pokemon?

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I don't use non-natives in the main game but after I beat the champion, I usually try to finish my Pokedex. So I heavily use non-native pokemon.
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable