Winter Contest 2016 - FAQ

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Akemie

Re: Winter Contest 2016 - FAQ

Post by Akemie »

The pose is the same, but the Articuno in total is different. I wouldn't consider it as art theft. If you would have draw every feather and so on like the original reference it would be art theft^^
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Catslover
I <3 Shiny's

Post by Catslover »

Thank you xD
I'm so relieved!
I can draw by myself, so I don't need art theft, and I also dont want to do that by accident
I don't want to break the rules, I just want to make a fair chance in this contest
:king: AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable :wub:
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Catslover, yep i agree with akemie :) it's fine to use reference, even if you are using poses as reference as well! it's considered art theft if you are either tracing or taking credit for someone else's artwork (like copy and pasting their images or using their image as your entire entry). You are safe!!
Adoptable
Catslover
I <3 Shiny's

Post by Catslover »

Thank you for your answer Mauwie
I'm so happy to hear this ;D (that my work is safe)
And thank you for explaining art theft ^^

I just finished my drawing <3
I will upload it in a few minutes
:king: AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable :wub:
SpoonyBard
† fool †

Post by SpoonyBard »

Hi folks, been super busy the last days since I had visitors over. Most questions have been answered by mauwie and a-chan already, thx for that =3

@Glichu Yeh, the problem was that you uploaded one of the picture as an attachment I guess, but you stated which one is the final result, so you're on the safe side

@Kacpix777 You don't have to add inbetween-steps, as long as the name tag and VA is on the handdrawn picture, everything is fine

@Catslover You used a reference for drawing your Articuno and this is fine, it's not considered art theft, so your entry is absolutely ok

Just a heads-up for everyone: Be sure to take one more look at your entries and if they match all the rules. I don't want to have to disqualify anyone just cause of small matters like not having your username AND "Virtuadopt" on your handmade drawing, or forgetting to put in some work in progress-screenshots for digitally drawn work =3
AdoptableImageImage
My trade topic