What book are you reading?

Here come all discussion on various topics.
Aqours

What book are you reading?

Post by Aqours »

What book are you currently reading? Do you recommend it? What's your favorite part so far (maybe it's a good idea to include a spoiler warning for this part, lol).

Right now I'm reading two books! I have to read The Inferno by Dante Alighieri for Literature class, and I'm also reading Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat for pleasure! Both of these books contain more controversial content (Inferno dealing with the different aspects of the underworld and Captive Prince dealing with slavery and the abusive nature of it) so I wouldn't recommend them to a younger audience, but they're both pretty good~!
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Re: What book are you reading?

Post by mauwie »

Right now the only books I'm reading are my school books xD I've been on the prowl for a good read, though. Lately nothing has been catching my interest. I want like a really good love story (I'm in such a sappy mood, lol)
Adoptable
Yay

Post by Yay »

A dear mentor of mine was an author before she passed away in March of 2015. I just finished revisiting her second book that she wrote with her friend who's an author as well. The book is called Just Show Up and it's by Kara Tippetts and Jill Buteyn. I highly recommend it, along with Kara's other two books, The Hardest Peace and And it was Beautiful.
Sometimes I may abbreviate. The most common abbreviations I use are LF (Looking For), UFT (Up for Trade), and NUFT (Not Up for Trade)

Skipachu

Post by Skipachu »

Right now I am reading Unidentified Suburban Object by Mike Jung. But I wanted to say I need some awesome helpers to help me hatch my Poke Eggs, and you guys look good enough to do it. In return, I will name a Pokemon egg after each of you who help hatch my eggs. Thanks!

-Skipachu (a.k.a. Zeb <- That's my real name)

Code: Select all

select all
Tango

Post by Tango »

I just finished one of George R.R. Martin's other books known as Tuf Voyaging. It is really good, and proves he knows how to end something (oh plz Song of Ice & Fire.. ;.; )

It is a delectable mix of scenarios and is undoubtedly in favor of cats ^_^ I'd have to say that my favorite part though was the semi-horror house setup that gets your adrenaline pumping at the beginning. I managed to read the entire book in one day that's how attention grabbing it was ^^;
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Monstrodolago

Post by Monstrodolago »

"As personagens malditas da história", which means "The evil personas in history". It features many details about historical figures, which might also lead to some controversy amongst some people. It's a very interesting one, principally for people interested in history and similar matters.
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

My husband and I have a wedding book I'm re-reading. <3
ImageImage
~Innoficial helper - Spanish Dept.~
Avatar/Mega Banette/Totodile: allyssonlovesowlcity@deviantart
Tango

Post by Tango »

Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski. Or, better recognized as the 1st Novel (3rd book) of The Witcher series ;D

Not sure I like the novels as much as the two short story collections which compose the first two books... but we'll see! Highly recommend The Last Wish & Sword of Destiny though!
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
KöniginDerNacht

Post by KöniginDerNacht »

Maze Runner Book 2^^
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Magical Rose

Post by Magical Rose »

I'm currently reading A Dog's Journey. It's the second book out of the Dog's Purpose books. It's pretty good so far so I recommend it. If you like a Dog's Purpose, than you will probably like this one as well. When I finish the book, I would like to see the movie.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
ervinjason

Post by ervinjason »

A dear mentor of mine was an author before she passed away in March of 2015. I just finished revisiting her second book that she wrote with her friend who's an author as well.

The book is called Just Show Up and it's by Kara Tippetts and Jill Buteyn. I highly recommend it, along with Kara's other two books, The Hardest Peace and And it was Beautiful.
Alight Motion on PC is the first professional motion design app for your smartphone for Android, and Mac.
Alive

Post by Alive »

J. Melinek, T.J. Mitchell - Working stiff: 2 years, 262 bodies, and the making of a medical examiner.

I think the title doesn't need to be explained. 😇
Spoiler:
0 Rh(+)音隠れの里
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
In nomine patris et fillii et spiritus sancti
Crowfeather

Post by Crowfeather »

I'm reading the Warrior Cats from Erin Hunter. ^_^
I love these Books about cats living in Clans and fight for the Living.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Collecting:
Persian, Tauros, Houndoom, Kecleon, Pyroar, Lycanroc, Boltund, Dachsbun, Chien-Pao + Anpu Houndoom.
Glichu

Post by Glichu »

White Fang wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 7:40 pm I'm reading the Warrior Cats from Erin Hunter. ^_^
I love these Books about cats living in Clans and fight for the Living.
I always see these books in our bookshops, read good opinions on them and even caught myself on a thought that I want to read it but there is always something that stops me.

At the moment I finished Shadow and Bone trilogy of Leigh Bardugo and continue with her Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom. Still 3 books left too read.

Also put on pause The Witcher of Anjei Sapkowski.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptable
General amount of hatched shinies: 122
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

i make another try to get to understand the Silmarillion from Tolkien. i still struggle with all the names and relations between the characters. but at least i got further into it than at my first attempt.
AdoptableAdoptable