Pokemon Alola Sun & Moon

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
RaptorBlu3

Re: Pokemon Alola Sun & Moon

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Pokemon has a lot of problems to deal with- they caused most of them anyways :P
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

Finally got a chance to play the demo.
Spoiler:
I must say, I'm a little disappointed in the pokemon snap feature. I was hoping for a zoom feature and to have the ability to view the photos. Maybe it's in the full version?

One thing that disappoints me is how short the demo was. Everyone got all hyped because it was twice the file size, but I think that's because of all the special effects. Really, I didn't think the demo was any longer (in fact, it felt shorter) than the OR/AS demo. I was also hoping to see more than just six pokemon in action.

Another thing that disappoints me is the feature that shows what is super and not very effective in the fight screen. Now, this will probably help me in game but I feel like in competitive play, it takes the work out of selecting a move. I don't play competitively, but I can see this being disappointing to competitive players.

I was really excited to see some of the new features though! Like pushing A to enter in some buildings. I can't tell you how annoyed I'd get with Lumoise City in X/Y because it seemed like my character always wanted to go in buildings that I didn't want her to. Also the ride feature is pretty cool. The trial seemed ridiculously easy and honestly kind of reminded me of the Trick Master in RSE/OR/AS. But, I have to argue that they're completely refreshing from the traditional gyms. So, I like them.

I am looking forward to the full game and hope this has just been an extremely teeny tiny sample of what's to come. I'm really REALLY looking forward to seeing the Looker again. (He's literally a hunk. Not even sorry.)
ImageImage
~Innoficial helper - Spanish Dept.~
Avatar/Mega Banette/Totodile: allyssonlovesowlcity@deviantart
loly27

Post by loly27 »

Oh gosh Junior Tycoon, I basically agree with you on every point.

ready to drive to target tomorrow. so hyped.
(too bad I have band so I have to wait till the day after)
Cheers~
Vixena

Post by Vixena »

The demo only allowing movement via the circle pad, not the d-pad, still throws me. No doubt I'll confuse myself with it multiple times playing the full game.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough. Mom is making me go Thanksgiving-grocery shopping with her in exchange for driving me to GameStop, so I don't get to play it until into the afternoon.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I have school and after that I am going straight to GameStop!
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

Junior Tycon wrote:
Spoiler:
Another thing that disappoints me is the feature that shows what is super and not very effective in the fight screen. Now, this will probably help me in game but I feel like in competitive play, it takes the work out of selecting a move. I don't play competitively, but I can see this being disappointing to competitive players.
I haven't even played the demo yet and I'm already disappointed about this.

Yes, it's great for players who needed help with type advantages, but it's a downfall for those who don't need or want it.

I really hope there's an option to turn that feature off because it's just going to make me a lazy battler and I won't find that enjoyable. I personally take a lot of pride in remembering what is effective and what is not, plus what type each Pokemon is. The reason why I'm so proud of myself is because when I was a kid, I used to just pick whatever move looked really cool and did a lot of damage (basically "Earthquake and Muddy Water everything!"). When I was older and wanted to try to figure out how to increase my chances of winning a battle, I started to learn more about type advantages and this won me more battles than I used to when I was like 6: Wreck everything and hope it hits them. I like thinking and trying to strategize what works and what doesn't because it helps me learn. :/
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Vixena

Post by Vixena »

Not sure if this really counts, but spoiler tag jic.
Spoiler:
Main criticism I have so far is the main character never seems to change expression and Rotom. Never. Shuts. Up.
Also, this:

Wild Eevee called for help!
Eevee appeared!

OH GOD IT NEVER ENDS
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

My post is spoiler heavy, but I guess if your reading this thread it's to be expected.
Vixena wrote: Wild Eevee called for help!
Eevee appeared!

OH GOD IT NEVER ENDS
XD I got to this part last night and I'm having such a hard time capturing eevee because of it. I was really surprised when eevee called an espeon for help. I guess it can all all of its evolutions then??

My thoughts so far:
I'm impressed with the animation of the game. Gamefreak has really upped its style. The walking paths are really cool. I love some of the new features even though they are small, such as being able to pause a Pokémon in the Pokedex. The beginning of the game is really interesting, and they actually give the player a normal house and mom has a room, and Pokémon have beds. I love that.

I think rotom is a cool addition, however I wish it didn't talk so much. Like I don't mind it speaking in the game because sometimes it reflects my own thoughts, but it says the same thing after every time I capture a Pokémon which is kinda irritating to me.

I haven't decided if I like the route where the new journey is going, I do miss the gyms, but maybe it will improve as I go on... I only just left the first island.
Adoptable
Vixena

Post by Vixena »

Anyone else starting to think the Z-moves look more like Final Fantasy summons than Pokemon attacks? I just got Primarina's exclusive Z-move, and jeez it's an impressive animation. Kinda long to see over and over again tho.
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I caught the Eevee with a Pokeball. Now it's sitting in my box. I NEED HELP ON TOTEM MIMIKYU!!
Vixena

Post by Vixena »

RaptorBlu3 wrote:I caught the Eevee with a Pokeball. Now it's sitting in my box. I NEED HELP ON TOTEM MIMIKYU!!
The first hit will always be negated because of Mimi's ability, so don't lead with your best move.
It's ghost/fairy and it's strongest move is a fairy attack. It's also a physical attacker.
I ended up basically just hitting it as hard as I could with my starter's Z-move. Ghost/Fairy means it doesn't have many weaknesses.

...Type and ability also make Mimi an excellent lead in later battles. Took like half an hour to find one, but she is awesome. I love this weird little thing.
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Thx. I will try to use a Z-Move, and believe me, I HAVE NOT USED A SINGLE Z-MOVE IN POKEMON SUN AND MOON! I used one in the demo. I am thinking of taking some Alpha Sapphire Pokemon and using them with the type advantages. It's good that we have a Thanksgiving break so I can wipe off my frustration and punch that doll in the face.

Where did u find ur Mimikyu? When it was revealed I personally found it as a "must have" for my team.
Vixena

Post by Vixena »

After you beat Totem Mimikyu, go back into the trial site and it's one of the random encounters there. Only a 5% chance of showing up tho.
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Has anybody heard of the Z-SPLASH?!?!?! If u use a Normalium Z and power up the move Splash, then it will say the usual "But nothing happened!" but the Pokemon that just used Z-Splash gets three times the current attack power that they have!
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

stufful just might be the cutest pokemon alive. it's animation is freakin' adorable, and just when i thought it couldn't get any cuter, i look in it's pokedex entry and notice it has a tag under it's butt. like a little tiny toy tag. my heart is melting.

i want it on my team but i rlly don't like it's evo.
Adoptable
Vixena

Post by Vixena »

I noticed the little tag too. Like, is that your tail, or are you literally a magic teddy bear? Its cry is adorable too.

We got some really good designs this time around, minus Persian. *glares at the fat-face, which glares back*
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

My parents are basically not allowing my sister and I to have either Sun or Moon because neither of them are on sale.

I'm so angry. I'm apparently allowed to have the Project Diva games on the day they come out at full price, but we're not allowed to have Pokemon games until Black Friday. But guess what? All of the shops screwed us over and made sure both games are full price with no promotions if you want both. THANKS- Basically have to wait another month or year before either of us have Sun or Moon. Now I have to sit here and avoid my twitter feed because people are spoiling the game already.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Vixena wrote:After you beat Totem Mimikyu, go back into the trial site and it's one of the random encounters there. Only a 5% chance of showing up tho.
r u sure that it's only a 5% chance? It was the first Pokemon I encountered in there!
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I am stuck on the Motherbeast Lusamine. HELP!!!
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Yay, I beat Lusamine. The weird thing is that I lost to regular Lusamine but I beat Motherbeast Lusamine