What was your first Pokemon ever?

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
Shady_

Re: What was your first Pokemon ever?

Post by Shady_ »

The Pikachu starter in Pokemon Yellow.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
jeffjeffjeff

Post by jeffjeffjeff »

Chimchar, Diamond. I started playing Pokemon when I was 9, so basically right around 2007
LilSpoopyKrissy

Post by LilSpoopyKrissy »

my first pokemon was probably squirtle from firered
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Ecco
** TROPIUS **

Post by Ecco »

My first pokemon was and is Tropius.. :)

but why i have the feeling that black thing is looking under my leaves ????? ewwww
:king: Image :wub:

Collecting:Tropius (Pm me if you have some tropius for trade)
.IwaOi.

Post by .IwaOi. »

my first pokémon was pidgey from TCG xD

That's when I started watching Pokémon and didn't know much.
When I opened the cards and there were no Pokemon that I knew, I thought they were all fakes xD
AdoptableAdoptable
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

It was Eevee. I was nine years old and was visiting my brother in Tenneesee with my mom for a few weeks. His wife had a daughter from a previous marrage that was a years younger than me (my niece) and she gave me an extra Eevee card she had. I think it was from the Jungle set as she's in a field of flowers.
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage
Eckikiki

Post by Eckikiki »

Mine was a Mantine card i stole from a big brother of a friend in kindergarden. I made sure tho that he had it more than once. Yes yes i know I would have been a great Team Rocket member xD
SAMurott

Post by SAMurott »

I actually have 2 stories. Firstly, when the anime came out (Kanto generation) in 1996, KFC had a promo with 4 different plushies: Vulpix, Zubat, Seel & (the one I received) Dratini. I don’t have it now, but I do have a picture of me with it. I was 11-12 years old. The second story is about the Pokémon TCG packs. We would always go up north to Eagle River (WI) & visit a nearby town. They had Jungle, Fossil & Base Set at a store there. In my very first pack that I had ever opened was a holographic Pidgeot. I still collect cards to this day (back in high school, I was into Yu-Gi-Oh! & owned a bunch of cards, which I still own to this day), but THAT one particular card holds a huge place in my memory & heart.
MrQuaza

Post by MrQuaza »

I had 2 starters, Lapras and Arcanine. They were toys from Burger King. I can't remember why I was allowed to pick 2 toys (it's been sth like 22 years, lol).

These are the toys btw;

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
BumbleBe

Post by BumbleBe »

Golden Pikachu. At age 7, after years of having to look over my friends' shoulders, I finally had my very own Pokémon game. My performance more than lived up to the expectations I had for it.
Last edited by BumbleBe on March 20th, 2023, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fuzzbucket

Post by Fuzzbucket »

I was 8 or 9, got a red Gameboy Color and Pokemon Blue. I chose Charmander (named Buddy) and my firt caught Pokemon was Ratatta (named Sweetie). I've been hooked ever since!
♡♡♡BANETTE MASTER♡♡♡
EyesFitt

Post by EyesFitt »

SAMurott wrote: January 28th, 2023, 9:31 pm I actually have 2 stories. Firstly, when the anime came out (Kanto generation) in 1996, KFC had a promo with 4 different plushies: Vulpix, Zubat, Seel & (the one I received) Dratini. I don’t have it now, but I do have a picture of me with it. I was 11-12 years old. The second story is about the Pokémon TCG packs. We would always go up north to Eagle River (WI) & visit a nearby town. They had Jungle, Fossil & Base Set at a store there. In my very first pack that I had ever opened was a holographic Pidgeot. I still collect cards to this day (back in high school, I was into Yu-Gi-Oh! & owned a bunch of cards, which I still own to this day), but THAT one particular card holds a huge place in my memory & heart.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful stories! It's amazing how certain items or experiences from our childhood can hold such special memories. The KFC promotion with the Pokémon plushies sounds like a fantastic opportunity to collect some cherished memorabilia. Even though you no longer have the Dratini plushie, having a picture of yourself with it must bring back a lot of nostalgia. And discovering a holographic Pidgeot in your very first Pokémon TCG pack is truly a memorable moment. It's great to hear that you still continue to collect cards, and it seems like that particular Pidgeot card has a special place in your heart. These stories remind us of the joy and connection that Pokémon and other card games can bring. Thank you for sharing these delightful memories!
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

in the games it was Squirtle but actually it was the starter, my sister chose before showing me Pokemon Blue, the game she borrowed from a classmate. The name of the Squirtle was "Baby". we took turns with playing and evolved the Squirtle into Blastoise. my sister had to give the game back some days later, thats when we decided to buy our own ones from good old Karstadt Warehouse.

when i got my own copy of Pokemon Red, i chose Bulbasaur.

on merchandise it was that famous plush Pikachu, the first Pikachu plush ever made for the european market, i remember i purchased it for 30 DM which is similar to 15 Euros today. back those days, it was a lot of money for me as a kid since i had to save up my pocketmoney.
AdoptableAdoptable