What was your first Pokemon ever?

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
jirachi100

Re: What was your first Pokemon ever?

Post by jirachi100 »

When I was really young and knew nothing about Pokemon, I had a giant Pikachu pillow. It got thrown away by mom for having a hole in it. ;-; Also before having the games, I had Jigglypuff and Pikachu cards. Those disappeared so I guess they were thrown away too. ;-; First Pokemon in a game was either Chimchar or Piplup. Hard for me to decide whether to count Diamond or Pearl first since my younger brother got his DS first but let me play too.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableImageImageImageAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

My first Pokemon in a game was way back when Red/Blue were the main games. I chose Bulbasaur.

I didn't have a first Pokemon card since I got three booster packs inside of a baseball foam finger for my birthday. So my first card was actually my first 33 cards. They were all from the Base Series, which to you youngsters was the first Pokemon TCG set.

My first Pokemon on this site was an egg I adopted before I had an account, which I then added to my account once I made one. That Pokemon was a Yanma, whom I kept the name Sparkle and later evolved it into Yanmega.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Pokeartist152

Post by Pokeartist152 »

I've never actually played a regular Pokemon game so I didn't have a first Pokemon there.
My Pokemon collection began with a Pikachu plush, either a talking one or a regular one. I've had both of them since I was very young and can't remember which one I got first.
I don't remember what my first figure was because I've had several of them for as long as I remember, but it might have been my shocking Pikachu or Mew.
It took me a long time to start collecting cards, so my first card was Manaphy.
My first Pokemon on this site was probably my Charmander (now a Charizard) named Ember.
My top 5 favorite Pokemon:
digirap

Post by digirap »

My very first Pokemon was Piplup in Pokemon Pearl ! I remember naming him Lil' Pip and was the very first Pokemon I ever got to lv. 100.
As far as this site and merchandise goes, I can't remember what my first Pokemon was. I do know that it was my friends stuffed Pikachu that got me interested in Pokemon though. It was the one that made noises and I think the ad for it had two kids finding it on a stump ? I was super little when I saw it but I think I was eight or nine when I first started playing.
potioncat

Post by potioncat »

Er.. Idk. Well, on this game, I think it would be one of those green-and-white eggs. (none of mine are grown up yet sadly)
Image Image
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

my first pokemon was on pokemon yellow, a pikachu. on this site the first pokemon i ever hatched was a mareep, my first shiny was a stunky (and a shiny mareep the next day x3).

as for pokemon merchandise, i'm not sure.. i think it might have been a little plastic charmander that came in a pokeball. my friend and i had around 20 total of them and we used to play with them together.
Adoptable
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

My first Pokémon was on Pokémon Red; I was probably 5 or 6. I got a cute little Charmander. As far as merchandise is concerned, the first Pokémon toy I owned was a stuffed Pikachu, which my brother and I shared and played with constantly.
ImageImage
~Innoficial helper - Spanish Dept.~
Avatar/Mega Banette/Totodile: allyssonlovesowlcity@deviantart
marumo

Post by marumo »

My first ever Pokemon was in Pokemon Yellow. I had Pikachu :)
I got the Gameboy colour off of a cousin when I was about 8 and I loved the game~

First card was a magnemite.
First Plushie was a pikachu.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
LILLIBOO

Post by LILLIBOO »

My first Pokemon ever must have been either a toy Luxio or a plush Celebi.
LILLIBOO

Post by LILLIBOO »

No wait, it was actually one of those pop up McDonalds toys, Xerneas.
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

No idea what my first card was but in Pokemon Go i got Charmander(Caught Clefairy after that LOL) In pokemon Alpha Sapphire I got a Torchic. My first plushie was the japanese Umbreon pokedoll.
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Also my first shiny was a Lvl. 100 Shiny Hitmonchan. I got it from wondertrade LOL.
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
Tango

Post by Tango »

So many neat stories! My first ever pokémon was a Charmander starter in pokemon blue on the Gameboy Pocket; so old! Sadly that game's battery died long long ago. The first ever pokémon card I saw in my first ever Fossil Pack back in the day was a Holographic Zapdos though! Still have that card to today.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
WiskTheLitette

Post by WiskTheLitette »

My first Pokemon was a Cyndaquill from SoulSilver, and I got Lugia then lost the game card.
Minori-Touketsu

Post by Minori-Touketsu »

considering Yellow was my first Pokemon game, obviously it was Pikachu > v<
after that, i really just go into the whole swing of things. i believe that my first plush was a small Charizard? he had a li'l zip-up on his back for you to pack things in....though it wasn't very useful, lol.
first pkmn card was a Doduo? idk, i remember finding a lone, forgotten card at a store and that was it :'D
Rapidash was my first ever shiny,...back when i didn't even know what "shiny" even was. i just thought that he was super special or some kind of glitch? anyway, i met the cutie pie in Silver, but was never able to transfer him to any current games due to the fact that the file became corrupted and erased itself. :/
- rip, Rapidash
<O( =^• ω•^= )

come visit me on DeviantArt~!!
http://minori-touketsu.deviantart.com/
______
.: Cakes on a Train
"Samuel L. Jackson's back, and he's pissed."

*avatar of my dear Morgan made by Furreon <3
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Some random pokemon card.

In the games i got Torchic
Daryl Horgan

Post by Daryl Horgan »

My first starter not including Pikachu was Bulbasaur, I guess. Thus began my lifetime long quest. But it's been so long, I can't really remember. My friend and I had around 30 total of them.
SnowyZorua

Post by SnowyZorua »

The first game I obtained was pokemon emerald version. I fondly remember back then my first pokemon ever was torchic. I did not know what I was doing at the time being so young, but he was my world. :D I showed him off to my friends when he became a super cool blaziken and I ended up getting my friends into pokemon as well. I think I was in the 3rd or 4th grade back then. Time sure does fly. I still have my cartridge to date, but it won't turn on anymore sadly :(
Adoptable Adoptable
Kaede

Post by Kaede »

tough question... I do not remember, what I got first (the games or the trading cards), but considering it was the game, it was Pokémon Blue (there is a sticker on it - does that Blastoise count too? XD). I chose Squirtle back then.
Collections listed in my forum profile.
whatsablurryface

Post by whatsablurryface »

Hehe... how I got into Pokemon was through Pokemon Go (I know...) and my first Pokemon was Squirtle, since when my dad was helping me get started (he had the app before any of us in the family) I automatically chose Squirtle because it was the only one I knew by looking and name :lol:
My first adoptable! Adoptable
Click these! Adoptable Adoptable
My favorite Pokemon! 474