PM Notification for new Events, Promos, whatever

Ideas and suggestions that have been reviewed by staff and will not be implemented.
Scox

PM Notification for new Events, Promos, whatever

Post by Scox »

Would it be possible to send a PM to everyone whenever there are new Events, Promos, Monthly Eggs...?
There are enough Users that dont look in the Forums that often, i think they would be really happy if they get the new things via PM.
No one would miss an Event anymore because you get the "new Message" Box on the whole page.

Since the Team Events i was already doing this with my Team Members, whenever there was something new, i send them a PM with "there is this and that, check out the puzzle, click like hell, whatever."
They were happy that they didnt miss anything and thats why i post this idea now.^^
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Adoptable

Collecting: Farfetch’d, Drowzee/Hypno, Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra, Chimecho, Trubbish, Stunfisk, Skrelp/Dragalge, Amaura/Aurorus, Bergmite/Avalugg
My Secret Base
Dramaqueen

Re: PM Notification for new Events, Promos, whatever

Post by Dramaqueen »

Scox, I understand why you submit this. But don't you think this would be a little bit too much?
Just remind how many users are here. Now imagine every user is getting a PM. But most of them don't play VA anymore. But you can't say who's just absent for a while and who will never come back. So you have to sent out a PM to everyone. That's really unnecessary.
But it would be helpful if more things would be announced on the main page. For example there has been a notification for the Kecleon Freebie but not for the 4M eggs Promo.
Goodbye VA. Had a great time :)
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

What about a little screen, like the pop-up box when you''ve received a new private message? And it stays there till you've clicked it away.
My collections:
ImageImageImage
queenie
Sassy Pants

Post by queenie »

PokeTrade wrote:What about a little screen, like the pop-up box when you''ve received a new private message? And it stays there till you've clicked it away.
Like this idea
Destiny Moon

Post by Destiny Moon »

@PokeTrade, i like your idea
Credit: TOUYAPocky

I collect: Chinchou, Croagunk, Archen, Frillish, Phantump, Togedemaru, Sandygast
Umbreon Shadowfire

Post by Umbreon Shadowfire »

hmm would be a bit better but still what people have said are quite valid still , would be more helpful though
Collect All Flying Pokemon! Along With Others (Check Boxes!)
Feel Free To Checkout My Tradeboxes And Pm Me ~
Picture(credit to Sen)
IzzyMemO

Post by IzzyMemO »

PokeTrade, that's better
;)
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

a good idea, since there is one thing really bugging me...new events aren't mentioned at the mainsite anymore, if so with lot of delay, they pop up in a topic on the boards only...

the fuss about this is users keep on spaming into that topic, you have to click many sites and search between irrelevant comments to find the news or event mentioned...i'am really tired about that and also missed some news since they vanish between all the "omg thats awesome", "i like the new promos"-comments...

so i really support Poketrades idea...
AdoptableAdoptable
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I like this idea too. I am one who does not use the forum much, and to be honest, sometimes it is difficult to find it on the forum, because they may be in different sections, such as if it is a contest, rather than other event.
Or, there is the blue banner at top of page, such as what was used in legendary shiny contests, some of those were clickable and led you straight to the forum thread where further details could be seen.
Most of the time, I only notice them when I see them in GTS and then have to start hunting around to find out how they got them.
Adoptable
Yelanha

Post by Yelanha »

I also like that idea. I usually don't look in forums that often, it was a kind of happy randomness that I found the regional corner and just decide to watch the forum often. Usually I'm one of those users who only watch the main page for news and events, so I'm pretty sure that many users pass the events because they don't watch the forum.

It's not that difficult with the PMs if you know what you have to code. It's like the "Welcome"-PM that every user gets in normal forums. I've often seen those "system messages" in other browsergames so I think it's not that difficult to program it so the mods and admins can write messages to all users by a few clicks. (:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable