Pokemon TCG Congratz Topic!

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
Stick 636

Pokemon TCG Congratz Topic!

Post by Stick 636 »

I'm setting up this thread for all those people that collect Pokemon cards - either physical cards, or virtual cards through Pokemon Trading Card Game Online (PTCGO).

Here we can talk about our recent pulls or our current collections, or even congratulate those who participate in events.

Since I don't play the TCG just yet, this thread is not for discussing decks, rules, card strategies etc.

Have fun, all!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I picked up a Greninja tin at the start of the week, and I have to say that it was extremely disappointing. I didn't even get a holo rare.

However, I picked up a Chesnaught tin today, and it definitely made up for it!

Here are the promos:
Spoiler:
Who knows. Maybe I'll pick up a Delphox tin, but I'm trying to save money for the Mega Lucario box in August.

Here's what made the tin worth the money:
Spoiler:
^_^
Shiny National Pokedex Pokemon hatched: 12
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Re: Pokemon TCG Congratz Topic!

Post by PokeTrade »

I opened 2 BW Legendary Treasures packs, one pack a reverse holo garchomp (good one), other pack Shaymin EX and Black Kyurem ex :)

I still need to pickup those kalos starter tins haha, nice pull!
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Stick 636

Post by Stick 636 »

PokeTrade, congrats on the EX cards! I'm still yet to get either of those. Most of the time, my luck is pretty terrible, but every so often I get lucky. Nowhere near the luck of my friend and my girlfriend though. My girlfriend pulled Articuno EX, FA Latias EX, and a G-Booster in a tin I bought her :shock: My friend seems to pull at least an EX about 80% of the time he buys cards.
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Stick 636, thanks and wow, I've also never had such a good pulls from a tin. Well lucky, I almost always pull ultra rares I already have xD
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Stick 636

Post by Stick 636 »

Damn! :shock: I got another Full Art today!
Spoiler:
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Nice one! I'm still missing that one haha :P
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Stick 636

Post by Stick 636 »

PokeTrade, thanks! I bought 3 Boundaries Crossed boosters, so no bad results :P
I have to admit, I really dislike the Kami trio, but this card has fantastic art!

What Ultra Rare cards do you have altogether? :) Post your collection, if you like.
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Stick 636, I will make some pictures now ;)

It's my goal to have 1x each english card in every edition (reverse, normal, special stamp...)
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Stick 636

Post by Stick 636 »

PokeTrade, wow, that's quite a feat to achieve, but I wish you the best of luck :)

I just enjoy pulling EX cards, to be honest. I always wanted Latios and Deoxys FA, but I've opened so many PF packs and had no luck. After getting Latias, I decided I'll stop. I can't wait for them to make a Swampert EX or Mega Swampert EX/Mega Latios EX/Mega Sableye EX card when the ORAS sets come out.

EDIT: Wow, my luck has been incredible this week.
Spoiler:
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

Oh wow didn't notice there is a TCG-Thread until now...

I'am a crazy cardcollector, started off with the first sets like everyone else but fell in love with japanese cards and rare tournament stuff. today i own a huge collection of elusive vintage cards in mint/near mint condition, i keep on collecting but only going for newer cards now and mostly buying japanese singles. not a lucky one with pulls from boosterpacks or boxes, so buying single cards is much cheaper for me x D

but i guess my vintage stuff is the more interesting one, so here we go:

some old japanese whitestars, all in 1st edition and mint condition
whitesras.jpg
one of the most iconic vintage cards in my opinion, thats when the psyduck mascot thing on tournament cards started : )
tropical.jpg
my favorite triplestars from Neo4/Neo Destiny, love the metallic effect
neotriple.jpg
AdoptableAdoptable
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

finally he made it to the postoffice, picked it up today and completed the trio^^. i totally missed out on Bidoof day like most people did and hunting down one of those limited cards wasn't an easy task these days, especially for a decent price. but i made it yay, feels very satisfiying.
Spoiler:
bidoof1.jpg
bidoof2.jpg
AdoptableAdoptable
Droganthedragon

Post by Droganthedragon »

No idea there was a TCG THREAD!
Anyway i just joined pretty much so-
might as well flex.
I have base set cards and a Groudon Gold Star.
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

Droganthedragon wrote: December 21st, 2022, 2:58 pm No idea there was a TCG THREAD!
Anyway i just joined pretty much so-
might as well flex.
I have base set cards and a Groudon Gold Star.
nice to see another cardcollector^^.

Groudon Goldstar is an amazing card, beside the Rayquaza and Latias, its my favorite^^. when it comes to the old Goldstars they are worth some bucks these days especially when in mint-near mint condition. nearly impossible to complete all the japanese Goldstars, including the Players Club Promos now...

my first edition japanese Rayquaza Goldstar
https://servimg.com/view/18932088/390
AdoptableAdoptable
Tongari

Post by Tongari »

Anyone still active here??

I have code cards for the online game. I don't play myself and it would be a waste to just throw the code cards away.
If anyone wants them (for free, I don't want anything on return), just pm me :)
Love and Peace
Clickbox
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
buschb

Post by buschb »

just found this topic lol xD not an obsessive collector, but i've been working on getting all of the 151 SV set, doing pretty well with it too :)
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

buschb wrote: October 16th, 2023, 4:13 pm just found this topic lol xD not an obsessive collector, but i've been working on getting all of the 151 SV set, doing pretty well with it too :)
i really love some of the fullarts, the illustrations are so beautiful and the set brings back some nostalgia vibes.

I'am mainly a Promocollector but i have to get this one, was mesmerized by the artwork the second i saw that card.
Spoiler:
lugiaart.png
AdoptableAdoptable
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

got me a new epic card, popped up out of nowhere, totally unexpected but it sure it is nice addition to the collection. i love art and artpieces and the illustrator did such a great job on this card. was originally hunting for the Psyduck and missed it in Osaka, someone else purchased it when i was "oversleeping" the purchase like i do with every expensive item, couldn't find another Psyduck during my stay in Japan and was disappointed about it. at home i looked up the photos from cardstores and felt like "i should have at least bought the Eevee" didn't expect one showing up so quickly...

AdoptableAdoptable
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

totally forgot to share the most amazing christmas present i got, another artpiece, was an unexpected surprise, very happy to add this card to my collection, especially cause i didn't expect to get one soon. i was so shocked about the incident at the van Gogh museum and didn't spend another thought on getting the card because of it...
pikavangogh.jpg
AdoptableAdoptable