What made you happy today?

Here come all discussion on various topics.
Syiren

Re: What made you happy today?

Post by Syiren »

Animediscor wrote: August 30th, 2021, 7:22 pm so today I watched my fav 90s classic Anime Yu Yu Hakusho and that inspired me as well as made me happy. You can check this if you want to watch Anime it will guide you https://www.animemedia.net/yu-yu-hakush ... odes-name/
That's ironic and funny that you mention that anime. My roommate said she wanted to watch it for the first time and see why I like it so much. I hope she likes it too.
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage
Alive

Post by Alive »

Dragonclaw and her Mew-for-rent on GTS :3 I truly reccommend this trader.
Spoiler:
0 Rh(+)音隠れの里
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
In nomine patris et fillii et spiritus sancti
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

finally got a decent priced Special Delivery Charizard Promo card for my collection, now i'am waiting in excitement for it to arrive

i better don't go for the Bidoof lol
AdoptableAdoptable
Zeitenlaerm

Post by Zeitenlaerm »

waking up next to my boyfriend. :>
we live together since 2 years but it's still one of the special things that makes my day ♥
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

@ Klebeband: thats so sweet <3

today is my lucky day,
found a rare limited Pokemon Shiny plush in a second hand shop, was considered a junk item because one of its ears is ripped but i'am optimistic someone at work could help out with skills on the sewing machine.

I'am happy i got the little fella for much, much cheaper than their regular price these days.
AdoptableAdoptable
AbsintusVeritas

Post by AbsintusVeritas »

I have a place to call my home. It's a home, not just a house.
It wasn't always like that.

I'm really glad I found a place and a person to call my home.
Brandi

Post by Brandi »

I'm happy to have joined here and there's still some semblance of an active community. I've been trying to find a place to hang out and it's been really laid-back and easy going here and I'm super hopeful! :3
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Spoiler for more clicks:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

this blue blob from Italy^^. He is a non official figure but is very well made. i have never seen a translucent version before thats why i decided to grab him right away. most non official shiny figures i see are custompaints but this one is an exact copy of the regular Ditto from Tomy. its the same type of rubber material and even got the branding.

i also finally found someone who was willing to sell me the official Shiny Darkrai figure...phew. like i already said my shiny luck regarding trading cards and merchandise is much better x D

some of the rarest Shiny Bandai kids figures like the Charmander-and Bulbaline are currently on Ebay but they are way too expensive...like "you could use the bucks for traveling"-expensive...so i'am passing on them.
dittoblu.jpg
AdoptableAdoptable
thelobotauro

Post by thelobotauro »

Hello my friends :)

Can someone tell me why Virtuadopt reset? When did it happen?

Is it possible to recover something from the past?
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

thelobotauro wrote: January 15th, 2023, 1:45 am Hello my friends :)

Wrong topic, but I don't mind.

April last year was the big reset, because of several problems with outdated code etc.

And yes, you can recover some of your old Adopts:
https://www.virtuadopt.com/migrate
thelobotauro

Post by thelobotauro »

KitsuLeif wrote: January 15th, 2023, 1:59 am
thelobotauro wrote: January 15th, 2023, 1:45 am Hello my friends :)

Wrong topic, but I don't mind.

April last year was the big reset, because of several problems with outdated code etc.

And yes, you can recover some of your old Adopts:
https://www.virtuadopt.com/migrate
Thank you, you made my day happier xD
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

My day today was about average, until a little bit ago. I looked out my window and saw that it was snowing! I love snow and we haven't gotten much this winter.
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage
Zeitenlaerm

Post by Zeitenlaerm »

snow is nice! I still miss it, I want to go skiing soon tho D:

Even tho it's Monday, waking up next to my boyfriend is still the best thing ever. <3 And Giotto. I love these xD
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

he finally arrived in the mail today, the only official Shiny Darkrai figure and its mine^^ he bugged me for around 2 years, wasn't able to get one, they never released the figure in my country. i ordered one many yeaars ago but it got lost in the mail : /

i impovised on the base since it didn't come with its original one but i don't care. hunting for official shiny figures is a costly hobby so i enjoy every figure i get my hands on for a decent price.
finally.jpg
PS: many Bandai Shiny Kids figures on Ebay right now, if you have spare money and don't know what to do with it, get the shiny Groudon for example x D just joking, the prices are insane...
AdoptableAdoptable
Eckikiki

Post by Eckikiki »

Yooo this shiny Darkrai slaps hard! Happy for you!

There is not much space to make me happy lately to be honest but between all the pain, stress and bad news I finally found some strength to dance a little to some cool funky music and my friend agreed to accompany to the hospital this spring so I won't have to go alone and I am glad I have such amazing friends. I love them so very dearly.
Sinfunia

Post by Sinfunia »

Today I'm happy because I went by myself to Pruprià.
I've retrieved a package containing a puppet for my collection. A new addition to the family!
Puppet under spoiler:
Spoiler:
✦⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘✦
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
✦⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘✦
Fuzzbucket

Post by Fuzzbucket »

I finally unpacked all my boxes and reorganized. My room looks a lot neater and now I have an idea where something might be now. I also got to look over all my old Pokemon collectibles that were put away into storage 15+ years ago, including my Burger King toys and "gold" cards.
♡♡♡BANETTE MASTER♡♡♡
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

Something was giving me trouble and I couldn't ask my roommate for help because she was acting as a moderator for a stream for a youtuber, and I managed to figure it out on my own. I am not tech savvy, so working out that problem felt really nice.
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

just a small thing, i lost my beloved plush weasel (a Scoozie Minipet) during a flight, it fell somewhere between the seats but the space was too narrow to grab it and even a flightattendant who really tried wasn't able to reach it. since this happened just before the landing of the plane, i had to leave without him : /

now i stumbled across a listing for exactly the same plush and i was able to get a bargain^^. happy coincident, i didn't see them often on the german auctionpage.

luckily i didn't purchase one from the UK or US last week, i was really tempted since i missed the little fellow so much but shipping is just crazy.
AdoptableAdoptable
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

What made me happy today was the luck I had with Shinys. Started out early and hatched two shinys in one batch, both of which I didn't have shiny yet. And then I got two double shinys and traded them for two shiny pokemon I've always wanted, but haven't been lucky enough to get myself.

I was overcome with joy for the last trade, and it kind of hit me with just how great this community is. We all have our styles of playing and collecting on this site. Some play to collect a few select pokemon, others focus on completing the dex, and or hunting for shinys, etc. But seeing so many members helping others. Both here and on discord. From gifting hard to get promos, to hosting raffles for those who aren't as lucky, to those helping others with their collections and trading for evolutions (including shiny evolution swaps) I really love this site and the awesome people who dwell within it.

I've been on this site since 2014, but never really took part in the community. That's my loss for missing out. Ever since coming back almost a year ago I've worked hard to complete my pokedex, collect some of my favorite pokemon, and hunt for shinys. Getting to meet everyone, and thinking about all the times they've helped me, and the absolute joy when I get to return the kindness and pass it forward really does make me happy.

It's sappy, I know, but it's true. Thank you, to the admins, the mods, the other members, everyone. You guys are amazing.
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage