How much do shinies hate/love you?

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
mizurui enjoyer

How much do shinies hate/love you?

Post by mizurui enjoyer »

Have horrable luck with shinies? Have insanely good luck with shinies? Then this is the thread for you!!! This can be from real Pokemon games to fan made Pokemon websites. Tell us your shiny encounters!
♪| Lucas | He/Him, Any | My Clickbox |♪
Cristal

Re: How much do shinies hate/love you?

Post by Cristal »

i dont found a lot of them but in the real game i cautch all shiny i found

so in order

1) pikachu
2) eevee
3)gigarados(lac rage ^-^)
4)sandslach ( safari after 3 balls )
5)litwick ( aftre 3 repel and one step )

... and its all i think, i have try to have a shiny giratina too but after 2 days (or maby 12 h nonstop ) i finaly give up
Mewquazabsol

Post by Mewquazabsol »

Shinies and I have a love/hate relationship. The first Magikarp I ever saw was a shiny, but I had no Pokéballs. However, I now own and love my own shiny Aggron, Promethium.
Monstrodolago

Post by Monstrodolago »

i have some luck with shinies, mainly in my pokémon black, where i found a shiny gothorita/garbodor/mincinno. in white i caught a shiny swanna.
but in my diamond, i accidently killed a shiny rhydon, by a damn critical hit attack!
mizurui enjoyer

Post by mizurui enjoyer »

I have HORRIBLE shiny luck. I got to the part on Soul Silver (first Pokemon game next to PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond) when the professer who's name I forgot called me to come to his lab for an emergancey, I forgot where his lab was. So, I decided to train my Chickorita. Well, I found a shiny Sentret. I was so happy! I was running around my house freaking out and telling my parents I was going to catch it. Well, guess what? NO POKEBALLS. MASSIVE FAIL. GOT REAL SAD. RAN AWAY THINKING IT WAS GOING TO COME BACK. NEVER DID. DARN YOU SENTRET.

And after that, I never saw a non in-game shiny.
♪| Lucas | He/Him, Any | My Clickbox |♪
Venom
Location: A little English village that no-one here's probably heard of. :)

Post by Venom »

I saw a shiny Floatzel once in Pokemon Y. Didn't manage to catch it, though. Apart from that, I haven't seen any shinies. My brother found a shiny Yamask in his copy of either Black or Black 2. I don't remember whether he caught it or not.

Considering that I've only been playing mainstream Pokemon games since Diamond, it's probably not surprising that I haven't seen many shinies and that I only discovered that Pokerus was a thing during Pokemon White. I was mainly a PC gamer when I was younger, ok? While my friends had Gameboys, I had a PC.
Spoiler for Venom Notices:
If I'm not that active, blame exams and stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
xBoWhatElse

Post by xBoWhatElse »

My first shiny was a Shiny Tentacool in Pokemon Leaf Green, and I managed to catch it. Too bad my Gameboy shut itself off before I saved..
The next one was a shiny Zubat on Pokemon Platinum he was still low leveled so I managed to catch it ^^. I would normally add a Zubat in my team, but Ofcourse right at that time I planned an entire team before I started playing D: It's still living somewhere in my box though ;p

xTumblr
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
Watch out we've got some badasses over here >3
DoritosNinja

Post by DoritosNinja »

The one time I found a shiny Stunky in Platinum near Veilstone, I didn't have any Pokéballs. Then I was playing FireRed on an emulator and found a shiny Abra, saved state and kept throwing Pokéballs until I caught it. :king:
[center]Clickbox | TradeStation[/center]
♦ Collecting Duosion (accepting Solosis) ♦
Sarkany

Post by Sarkany »

I only found a shiny Ditto in one of the oooooold old games :D
[Clickbox] ♪ [Sprite-Shop] ♫ [Trade-Station]

"Often in life we forget the things we should remember
and remember the things we should forget."
boopity

Post by boopity »

My first shiny was a Throh in White :> I obtained all my other shinies in Y. Got Horsea, Shellder, Octillery, Remoraid and Basculin via chain fishing (accidentally got the latter two knocked out though so I couldn't catch them). MM'd a Pichu which I traded to my best friend :D Last but not least I found a Stunfisk and Dedenne in friend safaris.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Stick 636

Post by Stick 636 »

I have so many shinies:
Spoiler:
I also hatched another Porygon and 5 other Sableye, but I gave them away.
I hatched a Piplup for my girlfriend too.
Shiny National Pokedex Pokemon hatched: 12
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

I've been pretty lucky with random shinies in my games.

Leaf Green: caught a shiny Cubone in Pokemon tower without even realizing it was shiny until checking it out of my box.
Leaf Green: Same game file caught a female Nidoran in the safari zone
Leaf Green: Same game file, caught a shiny Gastly and named him Necro.

Gold version: Caught a shiny Venonat in the bug catching contest and won! (he was my first shiny ever) and named him Blue Eyes.

Crystal: Hatched the special egg and got a shiny Pichu.

Heart Gold: Caught a shiny growlithe while training my team outside of the safari zone

White version: Caught a Petilil in the forest and evolved her into a Liligant. Now I see the shiny as the normal version because that's the one I saw first, lol.

Y version: Caught a Flabe'be and kept her as a Floette. I don't really like how Florgess looks.
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

got decent shiny luck in the games but currently suck with shiny figures...i lost an auction for a shiny taillow and missed a shiny Rayquaza figure, also missed on a shiny Celebi lately...sucks if you google and find auctions or sales happened only a few days ago. meh...i won't give up on them, one day i will complete my collection.

right now they hate me, not showing up for a decent price lol. i haven't seen the first gen shiny starters since ages, somehow they all disappeared. think they simply stay in peoples collection and rarely change hands.

on the other hand, i have a Shiny Zapdos from the Hasbro combat series and it ended up becoming more difficult to get the regular one, lol...
AdoptableAdoptable