Christmas contest 2013 - Entries

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
sunfire103

Re: Christmas contest 2013 - Entries

Post by sunfire103 »

I've worked with animations before, but never really manipulating photos. So here goes my first try and first contest to enter :)

Original
Spoiler:
Non-Animation
Spoiler:
Animated (quality isn't as good and kind of distracting)
Spoiler:
[center]Collecting Absols and Sharpedos,...
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Need more to Click?[/center]
Paprika

Post by Paprika »

here are my entrie for the photo manipulation
- photo taken with my camera
- program i used: adope photoshop

original photo by Paprika:
Spoiler:

manipulated photo by Paprika:
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable ♥ ♥ AdoptableAdoptable ♥ ♥ AdoptableAdoptable
KopierKatze
La vie en rose.

Post by KopierKatze »

So here is my entry and I proudly present my first short story ever.
I am really happy I took the first task and I hope you like it.
It comes directly from my heart. ♥ x)
Spoiler for The first Christmas:
The first Christmas

The last time I celebrated Christmas was at the age of four, before my parents died. Since there were no relatives I could be living with, I wandered around Kalos. All alone. I had no Pokémon with me, but whenever I met wild Pokémon they didn't care about a small, starving girl. I guess even the Pokémon ignored me out of pity. Time passed and somehow I managed to survive in the wild. Wandering from one sleeping place to another. Eating berries, fruits, whatever I found in the forests, not knowing what fate had up in sleeve for me.

I wake up. It's cold in the cave, but we have no other place to stay. Something small sleeping in my arms, snuggling tight. Snow is falling fast. It's December. Must be Christmas in a few days. It's this time of the year again. In that cold cave, snowing outside, I remember how I met Fletchling.
It was one year ago near the Frost Cavern. I was running away from an angry Abomasnow, because I tripped over its roots. It was so cold and I felt sick. My clothes were filthy and shabby. I ran as fast as I could. Heading towards a big, icy cave. Not looking back. I jumped down a small hillside and hid in a corner, closed my eyes, hoping that Abomasnow wouldn't find me. But somehow I knew unkind fate would prove me wrong.
When I opened my eyes there was no Abomasnow. I looked directly into the relentless eyes of a Glalie. I jumped up, ran faster, tears filling my eyes. Not knowing where to go, tripping again. Falling down. Slipping deeper into the cave and Hurt my right arm. There was no more energy to run. I sat down, clenching my knees, head down. Waiting for Glalie to arrive. Hoping for a miracle, when suddenly my back felt warm, hot actually. I turned around.
What was that? I looked closer. Something subovate, glowing orange, radiating heat. I crawled closer, touched it. Pleasant, warm. It felt good. My fear was gone for a moment. Then I felt a warm breath in my neck. Glalie found me. I turned around slowly, eyes wide open. I had no weapon, no chance to defend myself. I backed away. Leaning to the wall next to the egg-shaped thing. Reaching my hand, touching it, it began to glow bright. A cracking sound. I looked at it. Cracks covering its shell. The glowing became so bright, I had to blink. More heat. More cracking and then tweeting sounds. It was an egg. I watched Fletchling struggle with the eggshell, helped him by peeling off some pieces. It was the most stunning moment in my young life. One moment I forgot that I should be crying and screaming, because a wild Glalie was hunting me, but I looked at Fletchling. There was no time to wonder why it was here all alone. I looked into its innocent eyes. It was the moment I realized we would be together forever.
When I turend around there was no Glalie. We were alone. In a dark, icy cave.
Our first Christmas. The first one of many.
This was my story. Thanks for reading it. I hope you had fun. ^w^

PS: When Kalos comes out I will so be collecting Fletchling! ♥
Merry Christmas everyone! ♥
Ramu

Post by Ramu »

My entry for the second task:

Original pic:
Spoiler:
Photoshopped pic:
Spoiler:
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Okay, here's my entry for the second contest: Photo Manipulation.

The original photo:
Spoiler:
And here is the manipulated one:
Spoiler:
I added Froslass, Snorunt, Whimsicott and several details such as stars, snow, a background... I changed the color of one fir cone to green, so it became a Pineco. There's also a shiny one ;) plus I changed the color of the two Litwicks' flames to violet.

Greetings~
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Sir Auron
.: Firesoul :.

Post by Sir Auron »

okay... öhm... here is my entry :D

the original with VA-Name
Spoiler:
the finish work ^^
Spoiler:
I work with paint, gimp and sai :3

I hope thats okay ^=^
Momijiwhiskers

Post by Momijiwhiskers »

Here is my entry for the Photo manipulation contest
I hope you like it :D

original photo
Spoiler:
my entry
Spoiler:
what i used
Spoiler:
gimp and some creativity :)
Last edited by Momijiwhiskers on December 20th, 2013, 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image ~♥~ Image ~♥~ Image ~♥~ ImageImage
rayhino8

Post by rayhino8 »

My entry :D
I hope the best

The original photo by me
Spoiler:
My manipulated photo
Spoiler:
Artworks by virtuadopt and manipulation program paint.net
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by rayhino8 on December 19th, 2013, 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Please, click my pokemon <3 I like to click back! ;) Thank you ^///^v

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable

FC: (new!) 0190-1389-8901
Nery
Coffee Freak

Post by Nery »

here is my entry
2.) Photo manipulation contest

original photo made by me:
Spoiler:
manipulation:
Spoiler:
programs: gimp and paint.net
artworks used from virtuadopt.com
Virtuadopt Click-Box
Collecting: Seel, Dewgong, Houndour, Houndoom, Abandoned Mimikyu and Anpu Houndoom
(Future Gens: Gothorita, Deerling, Klink, Cofagrigus, Archen, Mimikyu)
gapso

Post by gapso »

Here is my entry for the Writing contest: Christmas edition
Spoiler:
THE FIRST CHRISTIMAS PICHU
On a beautiful December 09st , In the house of Pikachu in northern in Johto, another puppy born Pichu . He was born in midwinter , and in the first days of life , his parents already talking about Christmas , the magical day , and the little cub Pichu waiting anxiously for this day .
On day 19 , the parents of the little Pichu were already packing the house for Christmas dinner , in fact , all the Pokémon of the northern valley were preparing for Christmas . The houses with Christmas decorations , snowmen in the streets , and much happiness spread through the valley .
On the night of the 21st, Pichu left home to seek to a gift to give his parents because he Knew people exchange gifts at Christmas , he had nothing more to give pais. He was looking for something to give them, was then was a forest outside the valley
While walking through this forest alone in search of some gift to give to his family , he found several wild Ursaring , who tried to attack the strike . When They set-up the small Pichu , one Cubchoo puppy apparently a bit older than the newborn Pichu , he Defended using Powder Snow , this attack did freeze Ursaring , then got Cubchoo Pichu and quickly left the from that place with him .
Back in the Valley , Cubchoo Pichu question why he was walking alone in a forest far from the Valley alone . Pichu told him I wanted to give some gift to your family because They Said That All exchange gifts at Christmas . So Cubchoo explained to Pichu small and helpless que he can not Go Out alone in the dangerous forest , and then said it would help Pichu make a lovely Christmas present for your parents .
They took papers , pencils , paints , everything in the house Cubchoo to make a gift . They stood for hours in this house Cubchoo doing this until dark . Pichu said goodbye to his new friend , and returned to his home very happy to have won a friend who Helped him with his gift .
On Christmas Eve , the 24th, all preparations were ready , it was just wait until you get home , then the family of Mr. Pikachu made a Christmas dinner at his home , and soon after supper , since on the 25th, They Began exchanging gifts . parents of Pichu gave him a very comfortable outfit and he really liked this gift . Then it was Pichu warned his parents que he had a gift for Them . His parents were surprised , did not expect this from her little puppy so Pichu took this ... It was a gorgeous poster, it was the design of Pichu , his father and his mother , and on top of the drawing was written : I love my family .
Pichu ' s parents were very happy with this gift , and They gave a big hug family in Pichu , soon after it was sleeping When he was about 25 and They Were tired .
25 On the same day , Pichu agreed around noon woke up , went to the center of the Valley , and saw the joy That was the place , showing several Pokémon puppies Their gifts to each other , playing too . Pichu found there Cubchoo your friend Who Said That I had won a toy from Their parents , and then asked if the parents of this Pichu liked for Them What They did . Pichu nodded saying They liked this , then he made a snowball with snow on the ground and threw Cubchoo , They giggled , and started playing with snowballs all day , and this was the first christmas little Pichu .
Last edited by gapso on December 23rd, 2013, 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage Image
Etikun

Post by Etikun »

Here is my entrie for the - Photo Manipulation Contest :)

Original
Spoiler:
Manipulation
Spoiler:
I changed the color of my cat Momo, added the Rattata, a little Xmas Present for my Persian and some snowflakes.

AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableImage
Shishi

Post by Shishi »

my entrie for photo manipulation ^_^

original:
Spoiler:

manipulated:
Spoiler:
AdoptableImage
xHarux

Post by xHarux »

Here is my entry for photo manipulation

Original
Spoiler:
manipulated
Spoiler:
Adoptable
Ecco
** TROPIUS **

Post by Ecco »

Here is my entry for the 1.) Writing contest: Christmas edition
Spoiler:
Christmas with a Little Cryogonal
--by Ecco Virtuadopt--

It was a day before Christmas and terribly cold. It was freezing. There was a thick layer of ice on the rivers, and there was a strong wind. There were many people outside.

Tight up in warm coats, hats and scarves they walked through the streets to the brightly lighten shops to do shopping, buy Christmas decorations, chickens, turkeys, wine and a lot of presents under the Christmas tree.

In the shops it was warm, it was full with people. They were so busy looking at all sorts of things that they did not notice that it was getting darker outside. The first Cryogonal fluttered down. Then another and another, it was getting more and more.

There was also a small cryogonal very high in the sky on its way to earth. Happy fluttered with the other cryogonals downstairs. Among them was the earth that came slowly nearer.
The little cryogonal saw high church towers, tall buildings, houses, shops and streets. Heard the noise of cars and people talking loudly to each other.

"Is that where we're going?" Asked the scarry cryogonal to the other cryogonals. "Yes, that's our goal, thats where we lay us down," the other cryogonals told him.
"We still do not know exactly where we end up. Maybe the church tower, houses, streets or even on some’s head but thats not bothering us. We just have to come down, that is our mission."
The little cryogonal was in panic. It slowed down the fall and tried to hover to the left and to the right and tried hard to stay on same height.
Little Cryogonal looked with scarry eyes at that black noisy earth: "I do not want to go," moaned it, "it seems like a terrible place.
It's dark, busy andway too crowded, and then those scarry cars. I want to go back to heaven where I come from, there it is quiet and peaceful.

Desperately Little Cryogonal tried to work his way up again bumped and tumbled against other Little Cryogonals. The other Cryogonals wondering why it behaved so strange.
"You have to go down though," said a Cryogonal. "You're going the wrong direction," said another. "I want to go back to my blue sky .... I'm afraid to go "..... I’am scared to go to the earth said the Little Cryogonal, while it tried to struggle further up.

The descending cryogonals looked weird at the crying Cryogonal and told that such a thing was impossible. "A cryogonal is born to descend to earth," said a quiet voice suddenly beside the crying cryogonal. Desperately he hold tied to a bigger cryogonal."I'm afraid .... I want up to the sky ... again.. I do not suffocated or stamped by feet ... ".
"Calm down, that will not happen," said the big cryogonal. "I remain close to you and hold you tight.

Along the way I will explain everything about what is going to happen and what our mission is. " The cryogonal dried his tears and became a bigger cryogonal.
"So you look alot better now," said the big cryogonal.
"Come with me, we go together quietly start to go down." "Listen," began the cryogonal as she floated slowly to the ground.
"The idea is that we cryogonals put a white robe on the earth. All buildings, houses and streets will be covered so that all sounds you will hear will sound softer because of us.
Do you see all those people run with their presents, eat, drink, or whatever? "The little cryogonal said yes."It's almost dark outside," continued the bigger cryogonal."All the people want to be home in time, but what they do not know is that we are such a thick layer of snow that people will not going to get out of there homes and have to stay together tonight.

And finally the moment come that people will take the time to realize what Christmas really means en that two thousand years ago, a Child was born in a stable to preach. "Peace, Love and Tolerance.

Merry Christmas fellow Virtuadopt friends a healthy and peacefull New year !!
:king: Image :wub:

Collecting:Tropius (Pm me if you have some tropius for trade)
Heili

Post by Heili »

Original photo
Spoiler:
Edit photo
Spoiler:
Ryou_Kimura
Daisuki Bruno-Chan

Post by Ryou_Kimura »

Here is my entry:

I wrote a story, I love writing stories X3

Spoiler:
Fairy Tales come true

It was the 22. December already, but in Lumea City the real Christmas spirit didn’t came up yet, neither for humans nor for Pokémon.
It was truly a huge city, lying in the north of Sinnoh region. Lumea City, the town of lights, always in bustling activity.
Sure, the stores were full of Christmas products and chains of light shined everywhere, but something was missing this year.

Snow.

Normally the whole town and its surrounding was covered under a thick snow mantle and everyone was excited and happy, but this year the white gold kept everyone waiting.

Even Yuuki and Haru knew, a Deerling and a Ralts, who had been friends for a very long time already.
“I wish so badly it would start to snow…”, said the Deerling longingly and heaved a sigh. He still hadn’t changed his appearance to his winter form, same as the other Deerling and Sawsbuck around Lumea. Without snow it simply didn’t wanted to happen…though this year he was more excited than ever because he felt something else was going to happen.

“You know what, Yuuki? I’ll make your wish come true and bring you the snow!”, said Haru.
”Snow? Now?“, the Deerling asked itself. Even if it would snow now, it would take to much time. Plus it was still too warm and the snow would melt away fast. Not all ice Pokémon of Lumea City together would be able to do that. “How do you…”
“My grandma told me that a snow goddess is living on Nordic Mountain – and I’m going to find her to grant your wish! For sure!”

They decided to try it the next day. However, Haru would go alone. Yuuki would stay in the city and tell all their friends what they are going to do. Maybe that would help already to spread more holiday mood.
So he carried his girlfriend on his back through the wood to the flank of Nordic Mountain, where both said goodbye to each other for now.
Ralts waited until it couldn’t see Yuuki any more, then it started its journey to the peak.

It was cold, even without snow.
The farther she went, the colder it became. Frosty winds swept through the air, only the few trees allayed them, but not the cold they brought.
“Huh~” Ralts wrapped her scarf more tight.
She was sure: This was the right way.
Simply because it was not only getting colder, no, she could really see the ground shimmering white. First only single spots, but it was more and more with each step until nothing else was visible any more. Down in the valley was not a single flake, wasn’t that proof enough?

The only weird thing was that no other Pokémon was showing itself, nowhere. Not even footprints.
Once Haru lifted her head to the sky and thought she would see a bird and hear the hoot of a Noctowl. Noctowl, which fly only at night…Oh yes, time flew away rapidly and it gets dark earlier in winter. If there would be any degree of scary it would fit here.
Thus little Ralts steadily walked through the gloomy woods to the mountain top.
Soon trees got rare, instead of them the icy wind freshened. That would turn into a blizzard... Haru had to find a save shelter as fast as possible, but there was no cave anywhere nearby.
Fearful she looked up to the gigantic mountain and asked herself how she could do this alone, but she had promised it! So Haru continued her way.

Meanwhile the wind was biting. Not possible to continue, Haru had to take what she got. There was a big rock behind which she was hiding now. She sat down, pulled her legs closer and covered herself with her scarf, looking to the sky again.
“Yuuki…” She thought of her friend down in the city where it was warm…such a stupid idea to come here alone…Haru wished to be with him, at a save place.
Her view wandered through the starry sky. The stars…which were strangely visible clearly in this storm…
Ralts didn’t recognize how it became tired and more tired. It didn’t hear the shout of the gigantic bird which flew high above her.

However, the bird saw the little Pokémon leaning against the rock, being close to be covered fully in snow. It was keen-eyed and flying in this weather was no big deal for it. The bird glided soundless downwards and grabbed Ralts with its claws…

Down in Lumea City Yuuki looked worried to Nordic Mountain. He knew a heavy storm raged there and was blaming himself for letting Haru go alone.
The Deerling decided to go after her, to save his friend. That was the least it could do for her. She put herself in danger for his sake!
So it left for Nordic Mountain, too.

Though it came not far.
A glacial wind was blowing directly towards it as soon as it reached the flank. Wait…no…
That was not…only wind…there was something…someone…in it…and moving in his direction!

“Who do you bring to me…?”, the voice asked it’s loyal companion. The sound of its wings made her leaving her hideout.
The question became superfluous, because the woman already knew that someone was roaming in her realm. She could sense it.
Articuno opened its claws and the woman looked at her visitor.
“Oh…poor little Pokémon…”
For one second it seemed the Pokémon would awake.
“…I was watching you, little one…you were searching for me…”
One breath later it faded away again.
“I had no visitors for such a long time…and no so courageous ones…”, she whispered and softly stroke Ralts forehead, holding her in her arms.
But it could not stay.
“Thank you, Articuno, for saving her. But this little girl needs help…we have to take her back down to the city, she would die here…the snowstorm was too much for this poor thing. May I ask for your help once more?”
The legendary bird answered with a loud call and spread its wings, so that the mysterious woman was able to sit down on its back while holding Ralts in her arms.

Yuuki looked at the being which was coming closer. It was a woman. A woman with…a Ralts in her arms! Or was the woman herself a Pokémon?
High above them he could see the shadow of a bird.
When he looked ahead again the woman stood right in front of him.
No, no woman.
A Froslass. Or not?
He was too happy to see Haru to think more about it.
“Haru…!”
“…you must be the friend for whom this Ralts came to me…”, said the…Pokémon and gazed at him, her blue eyes seemed to explore the depth of his soul.
Deerling waited, then it nudged Ralts with its muzzle.
Nothing.
“Haru~…what…happened to her, Froslass?!“
“I am none of your kind, little Pokémon. I appear as whatever you imagine...wind, woman, Pokémon…”, spoke the woman smiling. “Your friend will be okay. Don’t worry. I gave her some of my powers so that she won’t die of exposure.”
She then gave Ralts to Yuuki who immediately huddled up against her.
The woman was now smiling even more and stroke over his head, leaving a little bit of snow behind.
“Take care of her. She’ll awake soon…I have to go now and grant her the wish wherefore she came to me…”
“…wait! Are you…?!”

Strong wind got up and when Yuuki opened his eyes, the woman had disappeared together with the snowdrift. One moment he was confused, but it was no illusion. Haru was with him, sleeping…and white snowflakes fell from the sky. No storm, but it didn’t even took an hour until the whole Lumea City region was covered.

Deerling laid down next to Ralts under a tree and kept it warm, softly licking her face and waiting for her to wake up.

It was already dark when Haru opened her eyes. As far as it could be dark when a starry sky illuminated everything and shimmering white snow was everywhere.
“Yuuki…I...dreamed…that…?! What…what happened to you?! You’re…!”
Deerling didn’t even recognize it while watching over her…but it changed to its winter form…and even more: Yuuki no longer was a Deerling, but a majestic Sawsbuck.
In the same blink of an eye Ralts flung her arms around his neck she was glowing, too. Ralts evolved into a beautiful Kirlia.
“Thank you, Froslass…”, both of them mumbled with their faces to Nordic Mountain and standing close together, Haru clinging to Yuukis leg, while in the city the real Christmas spirit arose and humans and Pokémon played on the streets joyfully.

The snow goddess blessing didn’t only bring them the long-awaited snow, no, their friendship and Harus courage made their Christmas miracle come true, a double-evolution and a memory both of them shared and will never forget.
It was hard to stay within the 1500 word limit (I have 1484).
I wanted to write more, I had to leave some parts out ><'
Main Collections: Sandshrew, Chatot, Lucario, Shellos (blue), Corviknight
Side Collections: Girafarig, Swablu, Joltik, Minccino, Skiddo, Snom
Milly

Post by Milly »

2.) Photo manipulation contest

My Entrie:
Spoiler:

Original Photo:
Spoiler:

Program I used: GIMP 2 and Paint.NET

Artworks used:
Spoiler:

Thanks for your attention. ^^
AdoptableAdoptableImageAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Miggyway
Mrs. Charming

Post by Miggyway »

Here is my Christmas Picture x3
Spoiler:
And here the original Pic:
Spoiler:
And because my VA-Name doesn't show up complete in this pic, here's another one (with flash), where you can see it:
Spoiler:
I wanted to use the first Pic because of the perspective. It's way better to put in some VAs x3

Merry Christmas to all of you♥
Mizuiro-Konoha

Post by Mizuiro-Konoha »

Phew, finally found some time to make it!
Here's my entry for the Photo manipulation.

I took a photo to my Totodile, Bisharp and Froakie plushes and manipulated it with some Virtuadopts artworks.
The background is made with a white soft blanket (it looks like snow, uh? :D ).

Original
Spoiler:
and Manipulated
Spoiler:
And here are the pics from VA:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Rocko82

Post by Rocko82 »

My first Contest, but I new user :D