Christmas contest 2013 - Entries

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Eule

Re: Christmas contest 2013 - Entries

Post by Eule »

So, finished in time. Hope you like my entry for the photo manipulation contest. :3

Original photo:
Spoiler for click!:
finished Entry:
Spoiler for click!:
Used Artworks:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Used program:

Photoshop CS2
Lily Enstomach

Post by Lily Enstomach »

This is my entrie:

original photo:
Spoiler:
manipulated photo:
Spoiler:
Used programm: GIMP 2
My Collection:

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
LucianoRocha

Post by LucianoRocha »

Original:
Spoiler:
My Entry:
Spoiler:
made in fireworks.
Collecting:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Liirah
Shark Prince

Post by Liirah »

1.) Writing contest: Christmas edition
Spoiler:
Christmas Surprise - Ampharos Style

It’s that time again.

A time of the year I once used to enjoy. I would spy upon other Pokémon and their human partners playing in the snow, chanting some festive songs and having a nice time together. I would be delighted about every single one of them while I myself would be sitting above their heads, unseen.

But let’s start with something different first – I failed to introduce myself! My name is Amphy and I serve as a beacon for the local lighthouse. You might have heard of an Ampharos illuminating the Glitter Lighthouse in Olivine City. Yep, that’s me. Hi there!

Why are you unhappy’ you ask?

Well, as previously mentioned, I really enjoyed watching the outside world having a great time in the past. I also loved doing my job – I still do. It feels like the Pokémon and humans needed me in order to light their world.

However, it’s different this time. It’s not that they don’t deserve to be happy. Everyone out there should be. So should I. But I’m not. I’m not happy. Not right now. Not with that current situation of mine. No, not at all.

It’s Christmas time. December 23rd to be exact.

At Christmas, everyone rubs shoulders with their friends and family – maybe even strangers. I don’t know – basically everyone they want to have around. I’m not one of them. This year, none of my friends will have time to come to see me. Well, maybe Jasmine has.

Jasmine is the gym leader of Olivine City and my human partner. She is kind of a mother to me as well, sometimes also a friend. She means a lot to me. I really learned to love and trust her. I hope she will climb the countless stairs of the lighthouse and pay me a visit.

But that’s not the same. While I can see Jasmine whenever I want to since we live in the same town, my Pokémon friends live all around the world. Up to now, we’ve met up at least once a year at Christmas Eve by tradition.

‘We’ are a group of five. My nearest and dearest. ♥

To begin with, there is a Vulpix called Flama. She is from the Kanto region. Geez, what a playful girl! Whenever she is with us, she is the one jumping and dancing around, teasing us. Without her life would be boring.

Next on the list is a beautiful Gardevoir by the name of Ashy. Since she often treats us with great care we call her Mom – and she hates it. Or so she claims. We think she feels flattered though. One way or another, she is awesome just the way she is. Her home is a small town located in the Hoenn region.

Number three would be Hiji. She is the calmest of our group. A slow-paced Skuntank from the Sinnoh region. Others would rather call her lazy but we once settled on using the word ‘calm’ when it comes to describe her. Nine times out of ten she lies around either snoring or eating. We often use her as a pillow because of her fluffy fur. (Her tail makes a fantastic blanket!) She does not seem to care about it at all.

And last but not least, there is Ray. He is the only rooster in the yard. He is the youngest among us but also one of the tallest. He tends to be naïve but in a good way. A little crazy sometimes, too. You never know what he does next. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that he is a Volcarona. He comes from the Unova region.

I miss them and it really makes me sad that I can’t be with them this year. I wonder whether they miss me, too? In fact, every single one of them sent me an untimely Christmas card in which they were telling me they wouldn’t be able to make it this year.

I was shocked when I received their cards. Neither of them had time to see me? That is ridiculous. Like they had agreed in advance. But there is nothing to be done about that. Plus, I don’t think they would meet up at a different place with me not being able to join them since I can’t leave the lighthouse without further ado. So they each surely have their reasons. All the same, it's a pity.

Today it's Christmas Eve and Jasmine indeed paid me a visit in the morning. Although she seemed a little stressed, she made time for me and even carried some self-made sweets!

So while I was busy eating all the delicious baked goods, Jasmine told me about her annually Christmas party. More importantly, she told me about that one guy who would attend her party tonight. Every time that she was speaking of him, she tried to hide her nervousness but however much she tried, she couldn't trick me. She must like him a lot – I could tell by the look in her face. I really wonder who that guy was, making her smile that smile and all. Unfortunately though, she didn't blow his name. Not even once.

Anyways. Jasmine had left a couple of hours ago and dusk is falling just now – it even started snowing again. Also, it's gotten less noisy outside. Most of the Pokémon and their humans probably went home by now – sitting around the Christmas tree, being happy while chanting Christmas songs and exchanging presents.

Just as I'm about to start wallowing in self-pity (again), I hear some strange noises coming from the inner staircase. Who on Pokéearth would visit the Glitter Lighthouse on Christmas Eve??

The curious sheep I am, I can't stop myself from having a closer look – I slightly open the door and sneak a peek at the visitors – and I can't believe my eyes. It's Hiji, Flama (is that a pink ribbon tied around her neck!?) and Ashy climbing up the stairs! A high-pitched 'eek' slipped out of my mouth, so they turn their heads just to look right into my face, a face of disbelief, and they just start grinning.

'SURPRISE!' they bawl, their loud but cheerful voices echoing in the empty stairwell.

And I .. don't know what I to say. Like .. Oh dear! I can't believe they are real, can't believe they are here right now although every single one of them had turned me down a not-so-long while ago.

After we've stared at each other for like five minutes or something – well, more like I stared while they chuckled over my funny face – Flama's the first to speak,

'Um, not sure about you guys, but I really would like to–' She gets cut off by a loud crashing sound coming from right behind me. What .. !?

The four of us turn around, only to find an exhausted Ray lying on the floor – right below the window he must have entered the Glitter Lighthouse through – along with a somewhat strange looking .. Christmas tree? Seriously, with a situation as ridiculously funny as this one, we can't help but burst out laughing in unison.

After we've calmed down a bit, I find myself being dragged into a big and warm group hug. Man, I've missed these guys!

They even brought along everything needed for our own Christmas party! Ashy was in charge of baking cookies (she naturally baked way too many) and Flama brought some Christmas decoration. Hiji carried a bag full of fluffy and warm looking overcoats and matching hats for everyone of us, and Ray, well, he drug along that Christmas tree which, if you look closer, isn't a real Christmas tree but a Pokémon! A Phantump to be exact.

So while we are sitting at the roof of the Glitter Lighthouse now – wearing our new coats and hats, munching away on Ashy's mouth-watering cookies and watching the snow fall down on us – they all tell of their journeys.

Well, all's well that ends well. Merry Christmas everyone!

PS: That guy Jasmine was speaking about this morning, apparently was Brock, the trainer of Flama!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ray74
Liirah's Butterfly

Post by Ray74 »

Spoiler:
Chrismtas Surprise - Volcarona Stlye
So, where should i start? It was almost ”Christmas”, as humans call it. I had no idea what exactly Christmas is until I met my four friends Hiji, Flama, Amphy and Ashy. They showed me what Christmas is. No one else gave me an understanding of Christmas like them. I felt welcomed and I could also feel the warmth of their hearts. This made me very happy. Like the past years we wanted to celebrate Christmas again, only we five, but this year something terrible happened. A snowstorm hit Driftveil City and everything was covered in snow, even the market hall. How were the humans supposed to buy food now? There was nothing they could do in their house, so I thought about what to do – helping the humans or go to the lonely Amphy that was waiting for us at the Glitter Lighthouse in Olivine City? I had to decide quickly because Christmas was in three days. I didn’t think much and said: “How about both?!’” I knew this idea was crazy but I couldn’t just left Amphy alone because they are very important to me, but still, I didn’t have enough power to rescue the whole city on my own. I started to search for a piece of paper and a pencil and wrote a letter to Amphy, telling her that I couldn’t come and that it was because of the snowstorm. I just didn’t want her to be disappointed if I really couldn’t come. I didn’t want to hurt her but that was the only solution in this situation.

So the first problem was solved – on to the second problem. I started to melt the ice on the first house and the family started to throw everything they had against me. I didn’t understand why they did this. Maybe they were waiting for a rescue team and not a six-winged monster like me, even though I just wanted to help. Nevertheless, I decided to keep it up and continued to melt the snow away from the second house with my flamethrower, but it happened again: the family came out and threw snowballs at me. Again someone who didn’t expect a monster like me. Just in this moment, two trainers appeared and protected me from the snowballs. They threw their pokéballs out and a Ponyta and an Arcanine came out. Both of them asked me : ”What happened to you?!‘” I answered : ,”I just wanted to unfreeze the city, but it seems that the humans didn’t like it.” It was quiet for a second and the Arcanine began to communicate with his trainer. I was confused because they communicated with each other just just by staring at each other. Finally someone said: ”This is my trainer Senify, and this is Ponyta’s trainer Junki! We four want to help you, because this is our hometown. We are very thankful that you wanted to unfreeze the whole city on your own, but now we are here, as a team! Come on, let’s unfreeze the town together!”

I trusted these guys quickly and we unfroze thirty houses in one day! Unbelievable! My fire was the strongest because I was happy to be in a Team. The people celebrated and cheered on us! Wow… humans who had feared me cheered on me now. Senify and Jinki invited me into their house and the next day we all had breakfast together! After breakfast I decided what to do now. I talked with Arcanine and Ponyta and I said that I had to go to Johto because my friend was waiting for me. Arcanine said: “Okay my dear friend. This is for you: berries for your adventure. Be careful and come back to us!.”
”Yes this is your home now!” Ponyta added.
I answered “thank you..everyone… I love you!” and hugged them all before I left.

I was ready for my journey. Before I could do anything a Pelipper with a pink ribbon appeared. He had a letter for me. I knew from the ribbon already from who it was – and I was right as I opened the letter to read it:
HEEEY Little Ray. I hope that you’re still planning to get to Amphy. If possible, could you also bring the Christmas tree?
In hope to see you on Christmas,
Flama

Wait, what? It was easy for her to tell me to bring a tree along, but I hope that I would somehow manage it. Hopefully. I went in the nearest forest where a Sneasel was selling Christmas trees.

I said: “Hey, you! I need a wonderful Christmas tree! Give me the best tree you have!”
Sneasel said: “Hehehe, here’s one behind me. It costs only 20.000$”
I said: “Oh, that’s so expensive. BUT ITS BYOOTIFOOOOL!”
Sneasel stared at me for a second. “You want that tree? Decide quickly or I’ll increase the price.”
I looked at him with shiny eyes and said: “N---oo, don’t increase the price please! I’ll take the tree!”
Sneasel said: “Don’t shake the tree! It is sleeping.”
I said: “Okay! I’ll take care of this lovely tree.”

I took the tree and flew away with the overly light Christmas tree. No, seriously: it was too light.

Finally I started my journey to Johto. On my way I met so many new friends. Finally I arrived in Kanto and saw an inn! I wanted to take a break and I was getting ready to land, but something flew into my face and the tree fell from my hands, I flew as fast as I could to rescue it but it was too late as it crashed into the ground.

I thought the tree was destroyed, I was very sad. I looked closer to the tree and… a pokémon came out of the tree?! I’ve never seen this kind of pokémon before. I flew to him and asked why he was in the tree.
He said: “I don’t know. Someone just knocked me out and put me inside the tree.”
I said: “So it was that Sneasel… Wait, so this tree was made of paper?!. Damn, this Sneasel tricked me .AGAIN.!”
I asked what his name was and he said: “My name is Phantump! Nice to meet you, what do we do now? OHH PLEASE TELL ME!”
I stared at him and asked: “Will you be my Christmas tree?”
He looked at me, disturbed, and said: “OKAY I WILL! Can we go now?”
I said: “Okay and by the way, my name is Ray and I’m a Volcarona! Nice to meet you, my little tree.”
So I found a friend who was crazy like me and we flew to Olivine City without resting and finally we arrived. I was ready to saw my dear friends after such a long time! And we even had a new member!

Finally we flew high to the top of the lighthouse with Phantump together.
I asked: “How do we manage to get into the Lighthouse?’’
Phantump answered: ‘”We use the window’.’
I said: ”Okay, let’s go then!’’
I didn’t really know that Phantump was a ghost pokemon. So he simply floated through the window.
I wanted to follow him, but I crashed into it and found myself lying on the floor.
Everyone looked at me, partly amused partly worried but then everyone started laughing. I was just happy that we were all together. Soon we were crashing into each others’ arms for a big group hug.

This was my little journey. We all had fun since we finally managed to meet each other again after such a long time.
Thank you my dear friends, I love you so much...
Flamaij
τнє вurηιηg ғℓαмє

Post by Flamaij »

Spoiler:
Christmas Surprise - Vulpix Style

...come on, don't make that face.

Easy for that smitten gym leader to say, given the fact that it wasn't him having a huge pink ribbon tied around the neck. Oh, and did I mention that I absolutely dislike the colour pink? Well, now I did.

Hello everyone, my name is Flama and I'm the Vulpix that was entrusted to the gym leader Brock from Pewter City a while ago by the famous breeder Suzy. Since then, I've been travelling around with him and his other pokémon and we eventually ended up in Olivine City again. You want to know why? Because of a certain female gym leader who specialized in Steel type pokémon and who was claimed to be my trainer's first love. After Nurse Joy and Officer Rocky – and of course numerous others who he had deemed as his first love as well.

Anyway, Jasmin was the whole reason for Brock to stop by at the port of Johto in hope to celebrate Christmas together. Not that I minded celebrating this holiday together with other pokémon – but I certainly did mind the fact that I was forced to dress up in something I didn't like to wear. Not to mention if that something was pink.

So, here I was, sitting on a chair in front of the dark-skinned male, a completely unamused – if not protesting – expression on my features as I stared up at him with what I hoped to be an 'are you kidding me?'- look. Don't get me wrong: Despite the fact that I might be a tad bit too spoiled and picky when it comes to food, I respect Brock as a trainer and thus do listen to him most of the time. But simply tying that pink ribbon around my neck was seriously pushing my limits, and I didn't think that there was any reason for me to indulge it.

It's just for the party later at Olivine Gym, you know? Just bear with it for tonight? Please?

Letting out some sort of sound that could be interpreted as a huff, I simply curled up together on the chair I was sitting on as a sign for him to leave me alone. I never planned to attend Jasmin's Christmas party from the beginning, since that would have meant that I couldn't meet my friends. One of them was even in the same city as I currently was, though she was forced to work even on a holiday she loved so much.

Yes, I'm talking about Amphy, the Ampharos who works at the Glitter Lighthouse of Olivine City and was denied to get some time off despite the fact that it was a holiday of family and friends gathering. She is very responsible and didn't give a single complaint once she was told earlier this month that she wouldn't get any free-time during the last two weeks of the year, but I – no, we, her friends – know her better. She loves Christmas, and the worst thing that could happen to her was to leave her on her own during those few days.

The sound of a door closing shut behind me pulled me out of my thoughts as I looked up. Brock seemed to have gotten my message and left for now – and I would be a fool not to use this chance to make my escape.

Oh, you want to know what I'm trying to do? I wanted to get to Amphy's working place. It was already evening; the sun had already set and snowflakes were starting to fall, twirling around in the cold air on their way towards the already white, covered ground. I wonder whether the others had arrived.

There was Ashy, a Guardevoir from Hoenn and a mother-like figure to all of us. She's a gentle soul and often spoils us with treats, especially when we're all able to get together once or twice in the year just to spend some time together.

Next would be Hiji, a Skuntank from the Sinnoh region who always likes to do things at her own pace. Being that she is always the one to remain calm no matter what happened, she has arbitrated quite a number of arguments between us with her soothing nature.

And the fifth pokémon in our group would be Ray, a Volcarona from Unova who mostly had to endure our teasing, given the fact that he is the only male amongst us. He is also the youngest, thus all of us often end up looking after him unconsciously which sometimes gets him slightly irritated – but I think he knows that we only mean well.

The four of us agreed to gather here in Olivine City in order to celebrate Christmas together with our friend. Still, with the huge snowstorm coming up in all regions, we weren't sure whether we would be able to make it, which was the reason why we told Amphy that we wouldn't be able to come just in case. If the bad weather really would end up as the cause for us not being able to gather together, she would be mentally prepared – even though it broke all of our hearts to know that we had to make her sad beforehand. But if we were able to get together, then we thought that it would be an awesome surprise for her, and that thought of being able to make her happy was our only comfort – and for sure the main reason that kept up pushing in order to reach our destination.

Securing the oversized bag filled with Christmas decoration over my back, I needed a few attempts to be able to jump onto the window sill and then out into the cold, landing into the pile of snow with a soft 'thud'. I didn't have time to rest though or else Brock would find out that I escaped – though I would return once I've spent time with my friends. And he had his umpteenth first love to keep him company anyway. Shaking off the snow that got into my fur, I once again made sure that the big bag was still there before I started to prance off towards the Glitter Lighthouse.

On my way I passed the harbour and saw something green from the corners of my eyes. Green…? Wasn’t that— Blinking in surprise, I turned my head back to take a better look just to be sure, my feet already stopping as I recognized my friend. “Ashy!” Well, maybe I did overdo it a little by leaping towards her and tackling her into a hug – not to mention the fact that the huge backpack was still fastened on my body. We quickly exchanged greetings and hurried towards Amphy’s place. Now that there was two of us present, my hope that everyone would be able to meet only rose even more, so it was not all that surprising as I let out a happy squeal when we saw Hiji climbing up the last set of stairs towards the top.

It was around the same moment when we heard the door open and see the lonely sheep peering outside, the curiosity gotten the better of her as I couldn’t help but grin at her when I saw her expression. “SURPRISE!” we yelled in unison, and it was more than obvious that we indeed managed to catch Amphy completely off-guard. Mission accomplished, I’d say. I couldn’t help but look even more forward to Christmas now. Since the cold wind seemed to have even gotten inside the building somehow, I opened my mouth to suggest that we should head inside. “Um, not sure about you guys, but I really would like to-

I wasn’t even able to finish my sentence as a loud crashing sound from the inside interrupted the cheerful atmosphere. Perplexed, we all turned towards the direction where the sound came from – and burst out laughing when we saw the all too familiar figure of a certain giant moth pokémon laying on the ground. With a Christmas tree – at least I think it was one? It looked strange.

Finally reunited after so long, the first thing we did was to gather together into a group hug. Meeting once every year certainly wasn’t enough, but still, it was better than not being able to meet at all. No words were needed as it was obvious that we’ve missed each so, so much. With all the preparations which we had planned, it didn’t take long for us to set the tree up, decorate it and finally just sit together on the roof of the Glitter Lighthouse, wrapped up in our new clothes while eating Christmas cookies and watching the snow fall. There was so much to talk about, but I think even more important was the fact that we were able to spend some time together.

Merry Christmas, everyone!~
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hijikata

Post by Hijikata »

Here's my entry. It's for the first task ;3

Spoiler:
Christmas Surprise - Skuntank Style

Snowflakes danced wildly outside the window of the small hut yet again. It'd been a week since the huge snowstorm engulfed all regions and made it impossible to even set a foot outside.

In the corner of the hut, right next to a small fireplace, a Skuntank was curled up in a blanket and staring sleepily out of the window. A sigh escaped her lips as she thought about the whole situation. Tomorrow was the day she'd been waiting for all year long. Christmas Eve, the day she'd been celebrating with her closest friends for several years and by the looks of it, she wasn't sure if she could make it this time. Like every year all of them agreed to meet up in Johto in the city of Olivine, more precisely in the lighthouse where one of their friends lived, a hard working Ampharos better known as Amphy. She was the only one who couldn't leave her place for Christmas because she was even working on holidays. But because of the thick snowstorm none of the friends was sure if they could reach the lighthouse, thus they had to cancel their plans at first. Knowing their friends though, Hiji, the nickname the Skuntank was given, was sure that they would at least try - and that's exactly what she was going to do.

This year Hiji had a ticket for the M.S. Anne that was docking at the near harbor. Next to her were the two bags she had already packed earlier that day. One of them contained fluffy christmas coats and hats for all of them to wear and the other was full of presents. The packing turned out to be a bit exhausting for Hiji, the only things she'd been doing every day were in fact eating and sleeping.
With a big yawn, the Skuntank stretched once and finally dozed off to the sounds of the never ending wind outside and the crackling of the still burning fire inside.

Hiji was never a very religious Pokémon, but she thanked Arceus with all her heart when she finally stood before the dock of the M.S. Anne after fighting through the thick snow with two fully packed bags on her back. And to see that the ship would definitely set sail despite the bad weather made her even more happy. So there was a chance to see her friends after all.
No one was guarding the dock. Though there were some people around, swarming through the snow and carrying barrels around, all the while screaming incrompehensible things at each other. Hiji only shrugged and strolled on board. Well, if no one wanted to see her ticket...

The first thing she did on board was... to slip and bang her head flat out on one of the cabin doors.
"Ow, that hurt." Rubbing her forehead she could already feel a small bump building where she had hit her head. "The ground's even icy here. I better watch my steps... huh?"
The unwanted collision did have one good point though: the door to the cabin was now slightly open. It wasn’t like she was curious but the cold temperatures slowly affected her. Even with such a thick fur, everyone would feel cold sooner or later after wandering for hours in a snowstorm. Without further thought she fully opened the door, pleased to see that the room was uninhabited. Dropping the bags to the ground, Hiji slowly made her way to the only bed in the room. After making herself comfortable on the soft blanket, she soon fell into a dreamless sleep.

Hiji wasn't sure just how long she had slept, but by the time she woke up again the ship was slowly rocking back and forth.
"They've already set sail, huh? Whatever, time to grab some food!"

The dining hall was just down the corridor, but this time she made sure not to slip. Instead she used her knowledge for her convenience. Why walk when you can slide?

After almost colliding with a door yet again, the Skuntank made it safe to the dining hall. Upon opening the door she was... not impressed. Sure, the hall was big but it looked so empty. The tables stood supposedly without any order in the hall and the decoration was sparsely. Probably because there weren’t many people on the ship, given that it was Christmas. But there was one thing that caught her eye. It was the impressive Christmas tree that stood in the middle of the hall. If only the decoration was a bit more... fancy. The only things hung on the tree were plain Christmas ornaments and - she couldn't hold back an amused grunt - pink ribbons! They always reminded her of one of her friends, a Vulpix named Flama. Her trainer always forced her to wear ribbons and to be honest, they really did suit her! Not that Hiji would ever say it aloud – she wanted to live just a little longer, thank you very much.

A familiar smell suddenly filled her nostrils. Freshly baked cookies! Hiji was immediately reminded of another friend, the kind Gardevoir Ashy. One of the things the Skuntank looked most forward to was to eat some of her cookies again. Her baking skills were not from this world!
Hiji's eyes spotted a bowl full of cookies on one of the tables and being one who just can't resist any food, she found herself eating half of the bowl in record time. They were not as good as Ashy's but they'd do!

The bowl was almost empty and Hiji couldn't help but sigh.
"I wonder how long it'll take until we're finally there." A look outside the window told her that the storm still raged outside. "Wait, what's that? Oh, it's gone... I guess it was only my imagination."
For a second there she thought there was something flying in the sky. Something that looked exactly like a Volcarona. But that was impossible right? No one in their right mind would fly in this hell of a weather. No one, but their youngest friend Ray maybe. Their first meeting was a bit awkward. He was so fascinated by Hiji's fur he immediately wanted to make a wig out of it. Or so he said.

Absorbed in thought she tried to get the last cookie out of the bowl. Then it happened. If you would ask her now how she was able to pull down the table cloth together with all the food on the table, she wouldn't be able to tell. The only thing she knew, was that she crawled out from under the cloth and was rewarded with angry stares. And what would anyone in this situation do? Right. Sliding back not so gracefully to their cabin and hiding in the bathroom.
"How embarassing... And the worst thing is that I'm still hungry! ...Hey, are those sweets?! How nice, they even put some in the bathroom, what a service!"
Without further thinking Hiji gulped down the sweets that looked like small shells. The weird taste only became noticeable after the fifth or so and by the time she noticed, she already had a sick feeling in her stomach. The rest of the journey wasn't enjoyable at all. After incidentally eating another one of the soaps that looked like sweets she was focused on... not dirtying her cabin. In which she succeeded. At last until some minutes before they docked at the harbor.

Never in her life was she so happy to jump out of a ship and right into she snow. Finally! Olivine city!

...and right before her were her worst enemy. Stairs. The stairs that led to the top of the lighthouse to be precise. The only thing that was able to dim her anticipation. With a heavy sigh she resigned to her fate - for the sake of her friends.

Just when Hiji climbed the last set of pairs a delightful squeal echoed behind her. Then everything went fast. Before she could even greet the two newcomers Ashy and Flama, the door in front of her was opened and a very curious looking Amphy stared at them.
"SURPRISE!", they shouted in unison.

The rest of the evening just flew by. Ray also joined them a bit later. He chose the hard way to enter: through the closed window. After the long due group hug they began the preparations for Christmas Eve while chatting and laughing with each other.

Hiji was bad at expressing herself but she hoped that the others could see that she was happy to see them all again. In fact, in this very moment she was probably the happiest Skuntank on earth. Christmas couldn't get any better.

After giving out the coats and hats she'd been carrying all the time, she realized that something was missing. Didn't she start the journey with two bags...?
'I forgot the other bag on the ship!'
I hope you like it <3
Spoiler:
This story is connected to the stories from Liirah, Flamaij, Ferby and AshtrayHeart~
Last edited by Hijikata on January 6th, 2014, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

Spoiler:
Christmas Surprise - Gardevoir Style

“Mhh… will this be enough for the five of us?“ I was staring at several plates with all kind of different cookies that were scattered on every table and counter in the kitchen, absentmindedly tapping my pointer against the chin. Eyes closed, I took a deep breath and indulged myself in the delicious scent of cinnamon and vanilla. Smells like Christmas!

“Oh, I almost forgot Mr Briney and Peeko!” I shouted with a sudden realization, snapping my fingers. Mr Briney was an old shellback owning a little boat and sometimes he offers people to take them on a trip. This year on Christmas he was heading for the Johto region and I was more than grateful that he had agreed to take me with him and his companion, a little Wingull called Peeko.

I have to tell you that every year on Christmas Eve I meet up with the group of my adorable brats. I call them brats in a tender way. Maybe now it’s time to introduce you all members of our little team.

We are dispersed all over the world.

Flama, the Vulpix, comes from the Kanto region, spending her time there with the gym leader Brock. She is a little sunshine and never fails to raise spirits.

Amphy, the Ampharos, lives in Johto where she’s working in the Glitter Lighthouse of Olivine City. She’s a bit reserved but a really lovely being.

Hiji, the Skuntank, is from the Sinnoh region. People call her lazy but we prefer to call her a 'calm' Pokemon. Furthermore she really loves to eat almost everything from spicy to sweet.

Ray, the Volcarona settled down in Unova, is the only male Pokemon in our group. Since he is also the youngest of us, he is a little naïve and always has to bear with our stupid jokes and cosseting.

Oh, and I almost forgot to introduce myself. Where is my mind today? I’m Ashy, a Gardevoir from the Hoenn region. I’m the oldest of us so it often occurs that I am called 'Mommy'. Maybe that’s the reason why I like to call them brats…

Because we all live far away from each other, it became kind of tradition to meet up on Christmas Eve to celebrate holidays together. Unfortunately this year a heavy snow storm hit all regions so we weren’t sure if we were able to meet this time and cancelled our plans. Besides, Amphy was asked to work in the Glitter Lighthouse on Christmas Eve and as the kind Pokemon she is, she couldn’t refuse this request. But the vision of the lonely Amphy spending her time at the Lighthouse while everyone else is sitting at home with their dears under the Christmas tree was just heartbreaking. Therefore we had sworn to do our best to fight our way through the snow to pay her a visit in Olivine City in order to surprise her. So when I heard that Mr Briney was going to travel to the Johto region I jumped at that chance in an instant. I was even able to convince him to make a detour over Olivine City. To show him my gratitude I decided to give him some of my self-made cookies. Everyone praises my cookies so this would be enough of a reward.

“I’d better bake some more cookies…” Now that I’ve remembered Hiji’s ravenous appetite, I wasn’t sure anymore if I already had baked enough or not. So I grabbed flour, butter and eggs to prepare another load of cookies.
When all cookies were chilled down I packed them up into little plastic bags and decorated them with pink ribbons. I chuckled a little. Flama wasn’t too fond of that color because Brock always forces her to wear pink ribbons on special occasions. Too bad that I haven’t got any other colors here right now. And I would have chosen the pink ribbon anyway.

It was already late at night when I finished putting all cookies and little gifts into my big basket. I’d checked them twice for completion before going to bed.

I got up early, feeling a little dizzy because of too few hours of sleep. Honestly I enjoy sleeping in but daily routine didn’t allow me to get too much of it. Especially today I had to get up on time, otherwise I would have missed the boat. Thank god I prepared everything for my journey yesterday! I was ready to leave half an hour later.

I arrived at Mr Briney’s house 10 minutes before we went on board. He immediately had a taste of my cookies right after I’d handed them over to him. I wasn’t wrong with my assumption that he would love them. Peeko found them quite delicious too. During the whole trip I was listening to a lot of stories Mr Briney told me of his days as a young sailor. Most of them were pretty interesting but hearing the same story about the Gyarados pod that had almost sunk the ship of his crew got a bit boring. Though I was too polite to mention that he was repeating the same story over again.

It was already evening when Olivine City finally came into sight. Mr Briney berthed close to the Glitter Lighthouse so I wouldn’t have to fight my way through the snow to the other side of the town. Hurriedly I thanked the captain three times in a row before I disembarked. I looked up to the top of the Lighthouse, noticing a small light and then walked on.

As I almost reached the entrance, I heard a little rumbling through the murmuring wind. When I turned around to the left I saw a familiar Vulpix heading into my direction. Flama was dashing through the snow, carrying a big bag on her back. Wait, was she really wearing a pink ribbon again?

Before I had the chance to chuckle or even greet her, she had jumped at me excitedly. I stumbled but somehow managed to avoid falling backwards.

Together we hurried over the last meters to the Lighthouse. We felt relieved when we saw Hiji slowly crawling up the staircase through the windows. As the sluggish Pokemon she was, we were able to catch up with her in to time. We weren’t even able to greet her properly because suddenly we heard a noise from above our heads. Amphy was peeping through the hatch at the end of the stairs.

“SURPRISE!” we yelled in unison. My smile grew bigger and bigger as Amphy’s eyes widened. We really caught her off-guard and our secret mission seemed to be a whole success. Now we were only missing one-

Before I was even able to finish this thought, we suddenly heard a crashing sound from the inside. Immediately we rushed inside just to find Ray lying on the ground, something that looked like a strange Christmas tree next to him. We burst out into laughter. No one else would dare to enter the Lighthouse through the window. No one except him.

Now that we were all together finally, we gathered around Amphy and pulled her into a tight and cuddly group hug. After wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, I headed over to Ray to check if he was alright and didn’t break one if his wings during his adventurously arrival. He got more luck than judgement indeed.

After decorating the tree and putting on the Christmas cloaks and hats that Hiji brought along, we climbed the roof of the Lighthouse to watch the city getting covered in snow again. It was quite peaceful up here. I closed my eyes and listened to the little laughs of my friends and the munching sounds of Hiji chowing on a mouth full of my cookies.

Christmas was indeed a nice way to end the year and spend time with your dears, wasn’t it?
1.315 words
Last edited by Ashy on January 6th, 2014, 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
Taja

Post by Taja »

Last minute like always but I finally did it. Was not easy, I'm not a native speaker and I hate to write with word limit, but I managed it with 1491 words^^°
I didn't read any of the other entries so I hope there is no similar story.
I didn't want to write a typical christmas story with Santa and so on, so I tried to focus on my message and gave it a Christmas connection, because it fits in this time of the year.
Hope you like it^^

Story:
Spoiler:
A Christmas evolution

“Are you sure, this is a good idea?“ Sari asked while she slid her body closer to the abyss.
“C’mon, don’t be a fraidy-cat.” Her friend Kia said easygoing.
But Sari was not convinced. The both young Eevees were crawling over a cliff. It was late afternoon, the sun was going down and the rising darkness made it more and more difficult to see were to walk.
“Just take a look.”
A frosty wind blew and tumbled the light-brown fur of the evolution-Pokémon. Sari shivered. It was almost Christmas Eve and she rather wanted to be home, but Kia thought this would help her.
Carefully Sari stretched her head over the rocks edge and took a look on the ground. Glowing in a dim green light there it was: the Moss Rock!
The mysterious stone, hidden deep in the Winding Woods, was the sanctum of the Leafeon clan living here.

“It’s amazing!” Kia whispered impressed, “I’m really looking forward to tomorrow.”
Every year on December the 25Th a ceremony was hold, where the younger members could fulfill their evolution into Leafeon. Every Eevee was proud to become such a pure and beautiful grass Pokémon. Every Eevee... except for Sari.
“I’m still not sure.”
“But what is so wrong with evolving? All of us are Leafeons too.” Kia couldn’t understand the problem.
Sari sighed: “Nothing. But somehow I don’t want to.”
Sari couldn’t explain the doubts. It was not the evolution itself frightening her. Her family was so proud that she finally was ready for evolution and there was no other topic since weeks, but getting closer to Christmas the youngest member became more and more unhappy.
“But maybe I just have to accept it.” Sari shrugged.
She didn’t want to disappoint her family like her sister Blossom did years ago. She refused the evolution and was banished from the family. Just to mention her name was breaking her mother’s heart.
“I promise we’ll have fun as Leafeons too.” Kia blinked.

Suddenly a clicking noise from the bushes behind them resounded.
The little adventurers were on their paws immediately. They run as fast as possible, because if they were caught by the Moss Rocks guardians they would get in big trouble. It was forbidden to come here before the official ceremony. Lost in panic Sari didn’t watch her feet. Before she even recognized one step was missing the ground and with an anxious howl the little Eevee fell down to the abyss. Rushing through the frosty wind Saris breath and heartbeat stopped. Then, after an apparently endless time of falling, her little body hit a surprisingly smooth ground. Suddenly it was unbearable brightly and her blood was flowing hot like a firestorm through her veins. Then the claws of darkness were surrounding her and the little Eevee passed out for some moments. Waking up again, Sari was confused.
As she tried to get up to her paws she recognized the glistening green light next to her. With a trace of panic Sari awoke that she has been fallen directly of the Moss Rock! Before she could think about it a voice was shouting: “Who’s there?”
The guard was coming, so Sari forgot her aching body and run off. Some minutes later she stopped and was listening for chasers. But the dark forest was silent. After taking a rest, Sari decided to go home. Her dark-brown paws carried her home surprisingly fast. The Pokémon could see the entrance of their cave in a huge tree. Her brother was decorating the door with mistletoes and looked up recognizing the sound of someone arriving.

“Hey, who are you?” he asked surprised.
“Oh Griffin, stop joking. I’m really tired.” Sari was not in mood of fooling around.
“I really don’t know you.” The other Leafeon looked suspiciously, but then a familiar smell touched his nose and his eyes opened surprised: “Sari?”
Now his sister was confused.
Griffin shook his head in disbelief: “Wow, you’re really in trouble. Mom, Dad… Sari’s back! And she got some news!”
Before she could ask what he meant her parents came outside the cave and starred at her like they had never seen her before.
“Where is Sari?” Her mother wondered.
“Stop playing games on me!” The little evolution Pokémon was frustrated.
“Holy Moss Rock!” Her father shouted out.
Now Sari was completely confused: “What’s wrong with me?”
“You haven’t looked into a mirror for a while, right?” Griffin pointed to a frozen puddle next to her.
Sari took a look on the glistening surface. An unknown face with snow colored fur and long green ears was staring back. She had become a Leafeon! But that was not the thing frightening her the most. She was not just a Leafeon, she was a strange looking Leafeon. Her fur was white with a blue gleam, her ears and tail dark green and spiky like a holly leaf and on her head and chest there were some small red balls looking like the fruits of holly tree.
“What happened?” Her mother asked afraid.
“I don’t know!” Sari had no idea what happened exactly, but she was now forced to tell the truth about their little adventure.
“So this is the punishment for being undutiful!” Her father looked angry.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t want this! But now I’m a Leafeon…”
“You are not! I don’t know what you are, but you are no proper Leafeon! You brought shame on our family!” yelled her father.
Sari couldn’t believe her ears, “I never wanted to become a Leafeon! But now I am and it is not right too? What are you expecting from me? I don’t want to be a member of this stubborn family anymore!”
With tears in her eyes the freshly evolved Leafeon ran away until the pain of her body replaced the pain in her heart. She didn’t even recognize the falling snowflakes. Leaving the Winding Forest she had to walk over a field. The snowfall had now already become a storm but the young Leafeon walked on, until her paws refused their work and she collapsed. It was unbearable cold, but Sari didn’t care. She was just crying her pain into the howling storm.

The next thing Sari recognized was the warmth and cracking sound of a fireplace. Weaken she could just lift her head a bit and saw the icy glistening walls of a cave.
„Are you alright?“ An unknown voice appeared and a figure was released from the shadows.
„Who are you?“ Sari couldn’t see clearly.
Coming closer to the fire the figure finally shaped up as another Pokémon.
„I’m the one who saved you.“ The beautiful Glaceon explained.
„I’m not worth of being saved.“ The sadness came back.
Her rescuer looked at the Leafeon interrogative and Sari told her the whole story.
„I see.“ Galceon was now sitting next to Sari, „So your parents couldn’t accept that you are diffrent.“
„I should have waited for this morning to become a normal Leafeon, then everything would have been alright. Now my life is a mess.“ Sari cried.
„You’re sure? You are a very beautiful Leafeon and I think the Moss Rock had realized your problem, so he was offering you the possibility to be a Leafeon and still keep your individuality.“
Sari thought about it. She never wanted to be a Leafeon but looking now on her mirror image, she liked her appearance also inside she was still the same.
„But my family…“
„Maybe they were just a bit shocked. Just give them more time. They sure still love you.“ Glaceon tried to encourage her, “Let’s bring you back.”

After resting until the snowstorm laid down Sari decided to follow Glaceons advice and the two Pokémon walked back home. Sari was surprised how far she had been running away. Passing the borders of the forest they found a lot of paw traces in the snow. Just some seconds later they were surrounded by a bunch of green Pokémon.
“Sari! I’m so glad we found you!” Kia hugged her friend effusively.
But not just her friend was here.
„Excuse our behavior. We are fools.“ Saris mother had tears in her eyes.
„I’m sorry.“ her father admitted, „For me it‘s not easy to accept it, but I see, however you look, you are still our child and we love you.“
„Please come home!“ begged her mother, „Both of you.“
„Both?“ Sari first didn’t understand, but following her mother’s sight, she saw that Glaceon fought back her tears and a thought came into her mind: „Blossom?“
„Yes it’s me, little sister.“ She gave Sari a loving poke and then addressed herself to her parents: „Are you sure?“
With a nod in agreement the Leafeon family was united with their two special members.
„It’s almost morning! Can we go home and open our presents?“ asked her brother impatient.
But Sari just smiled: „Who needs presents when you have a loving family?“
And here is a present copperbat made to me, but I want to share it with everyone:
Spoiler:
NanamiChan

Post by NanamiChan »

My Entry for the 2nd contest. :)

Original:
Spoiler:

Manipulated:
Spoiler:
Clickbox | Trade Station
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

ImageAdoptableImage
BvVeen
Congratz! Master

Post by BvVeen »

Here is my entry, I made a X-mas mix between Virtuadopt, the anime and my own created pokémon. I hope you guys like it :)
Spoiler:
X-mas at Virtuadopt City!

X-mas Eve is coming and Santa Pineco and his Rudolph stantlers are in full preparation. A whole bunch of Mr. Mime and Jynx are working together to wrap in all the gifts. The gifts were collected by a herd of tauros Ash has caught in Virtuadopt City.

Now at X-mas Eve the streets are empty and everyone is visiting their family in town. Ash has come together with his mom, professor Oak, Misty and Brock. Together with their buddies they are sitting in the front of the fireplace. Croagunk is outside, collecting the wood for the fireplace. Staryu and Squirtle are preparing an icerank for the upcoming days. Together they are strong and they will make the X-mas time the best time of the year!

While it begins to snow outside Ash’s mom and Professor Oak are preparing a very nice meal for all. Snivy has token the chef hat and is holding all the material while Charmander heats the fire beneath the stove. Ash, together with Misty, Brock and Pikachu are watching Berry’s Raffle of Channel Virtuadopt, one of the biggest raffles in the whole country. One of the prizes is a very special murkrow, with a beautiful purple color.

The results will be announced in a few minutes when suddenly Gary comes in. Ash, Brock and Misty don’t like Gary, but X-mas is a fun time for everyone together, so Gary entered the house. The meal is ready and everyone takes a place at the table. Specially for all the pokémon they have made a special buffet with all kinds of different berries. Everyone is enjoying their meal while Ash screams and remembers the results are yet to be announced. Ash runs to the screen and is right on time for the biggest prize, the special murkrow!

Gary joins Ash and together they are watching while the final numbers turns on the screen. Ash jumps into the air while he sees the last number, he has just won the grand prize! Ash can’t believe it and returns to the table to continue the meal his mother has made. All the Pokémon enjoyed the berries and are laying on the couch with a round belly, lovely to see!

Everyone is tired and goes to sleep. At the fireplace there are many socks with at each sock a picture of the owner with a X-mas hat. While everybody went to sleep Santa Pineco and his Rudolph Stantlers are preparing the sled for making their round through town. All presents are in and the machamp who are protecting Santa’s home waves to the Santa Pineco. Santa is on his way!

With a flashing light Pikachu wakes up Ash and also all the other who have slept in the same room (Brock, Gary and Professor Oak). Silently they walk to the fireplace which is full of presents, they can’t believe it! Misty already woke up and has prepared the breakfast, a very nice salad, full of fruit! Before everyone takes a seat Snorlax is too fast and all the work of Misty is gone, no presents for Snorlax this year …

Ash’s Mom also wokes up and made a hot chocolate for everyone, now it’s time to open up the presents! The first presents is for Misty, who is still upset about Snorlax eating the breakfast. Misty opens her present and it’s a beautiful milotic scarf, with beautiful colors all around. She will definitely wear it this afternoon, when they go to the icerank. Now it’s Brocks time, what will be in his present? Brock opens his present and all kind of X-mas ornaments came out, chingling, voltorb, electrode, and lots of others! A wonderful decorationset to harness his Sudowoode X-mas tree!

Before they unpack the other presents the will first go the icerank. All the Pokémon have their own iceskates in their own size, it’s a wonderfull sight! Gary recently befriend Gallade and Gallade shows his tricks on the icerank! You can see it’s not the first time Gallade enters the icerank, while the others struggle to stand up. Next to the icerank there are some frosslass which makes beautiful ice crystals on a wall. Many people enjoy watching it and many photo’s has been token this day!

While walking homewards a blizzard came up. Luckily bouffalant was not far away and bouffalant guides the whole group safely to home. In the front of the fireplace everybody enjoys the heat and coziness. Many presents are unwrapped this afternoon and finally it’s time for Ash’s present, what could it be? Ash grabs the scissors and opens the present. It’s a voucher to pick up the wonderful purple murkrow at the second day of X-mas! It’s one of the most amazing presents which has been given this day!

The X-mas time at Ash’s home comes to an end and everybody wents home to their own family. They all have a splendid X-mas this year and next year X-mas will be even better!

Written by: BvVeen
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

Photo Manipulation

Spoiler for Images taken from camera:
Image ImageImageImage
Better picture of Minccino Image
Spoiler for Images with backgrounds taken out and signature cut down to size:
ImageImageImageImage
(notice I re-coloured the balls on the tree and Minccinos ears)

Spoiler for Image of all images together:
Spoiler for CONTEST ENTRY:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptable
click the banner to be taken to my box 1 :)
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

♣ Photo Manipulation ♣
Spoiler for original photo:

with name:

Spoiler for used VA Artwork:
Image Image
Spoiler for manipulated photo:

Normally the snow wouldn't be drawn. But we don't have snow outside and so I had to draw it. I hope, it is still a photo manipulation xD

Lucario and Riolu are drawn by me. I can send some pictures, too ;D
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Jayde

Post by Jayde »

This is my entry:
original photo:
Spoiler:
manipulated photo:
Spoiler:
Used Artworks:

Virtuadopt:
Spoiler:
pokémon artwork:
Spoiler:
AyumiRiddle

Post by AyumiRiddle »

Writing contest
Spoiler:
Dear Santa...

Dear Santa,

It's Christmas Eve soon. I don't know where to go. Friends of mine are with their families, others with their trainers and their friends. But nobody wants a little Purrloin like me. I'm nothing special. I'm not a shiny, I don't have a high level.
Once upon a time I had a trainer. He was young, very young. He just got his starter and caught me on Route 1. I don't know why, but he had only eyes for his starter, an Oshawott. My ex-trainer wanted it to evolve so badly, he trained just him. He caught other Pokemon and took me into a computer box. I have no idea what happened. Had I done something wrong?
So I spent weeks and month in a box and waited for him to train me, to let me battle! But nothing happened. And then, after he got his sixth badge, he set me free.
Well, and that's it. Since this day, I'm trying to get back to Route 1, where my family is. I'd be happy, too, if anyone caught me, but... well, I don't believe this will happen. Never ever.

I know, others just sent you a list with stuff they wanna have on Christmas, but I thought a letter would be better this time. I have a wish, just one wish: Let me be with someone again. Can you make it come true?

Thank you so much... I believe in you.

Sincerely,
Daniel, the Purrloin
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
SaikaSayuri
~ petit phoque solitaire ~

Post by SaikaSayuri »

Phew, writing a story in english is not very easy^^

My entry:
Spoiler:
A very special Christmas Eve

It's the late afternoon of Christmas Eve and already dusky. A Spheal is walking on a beach covered in snow some miles south of Ambrette Town. Her name is Ayumi and she's on the way to her parents' home for celebrating Christmas with her family. She doesn't live there anymore since some months. Ayumi is looking forward to see her mother Walrein, her father Dewgong and her siblings again. Her older brother Shou, a Sealeo, her younger sister Miki, a Seel and her twin sister Aoi were still living at their parents' home.
Although Ayumis twin sister was a Spheal, too, they always differed from each other. Her coat was not blue like the ones of Aoi, Shou or her mother and not white like the ones of Miki or her father, but rather purple. And everyone says, that there is something like a sparkle around her. She had never been very happy about being unlike everyone else. However, now in the twilight, the sparkle was useful. The snow reflected it and so she could see her way along the beach.
Yesterday it had been relatively warm and nobody expected a white Christmas. But then, last night, it became very cold and in the morning, there was a blizzard. At the moment, the moon begins to shine and some stars appear on the clear sky. Ayumi is still on her way. On her right is the sea, she hears the waves at the waterside. On her left are tons of sand that are covered in snow right now. Normally she would swim, but today decided to walk because it is the first snow this year and she loves walking in the snow. Plus, she has a bag with some berries - the Christmas presents for her family - with her and doesn't want to loose them in the rough sea.
Meanwhile, it's completely dark. Ayumi did half of her way. Here, the beach becomes very slim. The beach is littered with rocks, some small ones and some bigger ones. On the left side, there's a big, dark forest. Ayumi rushes, because she wants to pass this weird and creepy forest as fast as possible.
Suddenly, she is hears a loud clicking noise out of it. She becomes scared and stands rooted to the ground. For several minutes, she doesn't move. Then, she hears again something out of this forest. This time it is a rustling. Ayumi does some steps and hides herself behind one of the rocks laying on the beach. After some seconds, a shadow scurries out of the forest and runs away. Although it is full moon and quite bright, she can't figure out if the shadow is another Pokémon or a human. Unfortunately, the shade takes the same way that Ayumi has to take. Since she was afraid to meet it in the dark, she decided to wait a while before continuing her walk.
A few minutes later, she just wants to continue her way, when she hears a loud cry for help out of the forest. The Spheal is really frightened. Nevertheless, she slowly goes towards the forest. While approaching, she discovers a small path leading into it. This must be the one where the shade came out shortly before. Ayumi breathes deeply and follows the path. Now she is really happy about the sparkle around her because inside this forest it's much darker than out there on the beach. The path guides her into the deep forest.
Some minutes later, she wonders, if this is the right way, because she doesn't hear something anymore. Then, after another few steps, she turns around a corner and in front of her appears a glade. She looks around. Everything is covered with snow, too. In the middle of the glade there is something that looks like a very big stump. Next to it is anything dark and undefinable. Ayumi shouts: "Hey, is someone there?" The answer was a low sobbing coming from the stump. The snow scrunches under her while she goes there. She skirts the stump and sees a little Chikorita sitting in the snow and sniveling. "Hi. Are you alright?" The Chikorita startles, looks at her surprised and asks with a low voice: "Who are you?" Ayumi answers with a kindly voice: "My name's Ayumi; I'm a Spheal. And who are you and what are you doing alone in this dark forest?" "My name is Sayuri, I'm a Chikorita and I'm not alone. I'm here with my mummy and brother. But my mum.." She starts to snivel again. Ayumi tries to calm her.
Then, Sayuri continues telling her story. "My mum, she's a Meganium and her name's Saika, fell into this big hole and can't get out without help." Thus, the dark and undefinable thing she saw before was a big hole. "Chiko is looking for someone to help us because mum doesn't answer when I call her." Ayumi interrupts her: "Wait, who's Chiko?" "He's my brother, a Bayleef." Ayumi thinks: 'Then Chiko was the shadow I've seen coming out of the forest.' and asks: "Ah, ok. But what are you doing in the deep forest at Christmas Eve?" "We're in search of a housing for tonight. The blizzard this morning destroyed our home on the other side of the forest. And now we can't celebrate Christmas and won't get any presents because Santa Munchlax cannot find us."
Ayumi goes to the hole and calls: "Hellooo, Saika! Can you hear me?" But the mother of the little Chikorita doesn't answer. While Sayuri was telling her story, it had begun to snow. Big snowflakes are falling down from the sky. Sayuri and Ayumi are looking down into the hole to Sayuris mum.
Suddenly they hear a noise behind them and they turn around. They couldn't believe her eyes. Santa Munchlax is standing there! Behind him his sleigh with some Reindeer Tauros. And in front of them a Rudolph Shaymin with its red nose. Ayumi never believed that he really would exist. But here he is. "Hello Sayuri, hello Ayumi. I'm here to help you." He, the Rudolph Shaymin and the Reindeer Tauros manage to retrieve Sayuris mum out of the hole and place her next to the girls on the glade. She looks like she's sleeping but she surely lost consciousness when she fell into the hole. Santa Munchlax says: "Don't worry, she will wake up soon. You'll get your presents later. Goodbye." And as fast as he appeared, he disappeared.
A few moments later, Chiko comes back. "Sayuri, Sayuri, I found someone to help us!" The ones he found are Ayumis dad Dewgong and her brother Shou. They are surprised to see her here and even more surprised to see Sayuris and Chikos mum not in the hole but next to it.
Saika, the Meganium, wakes up and is alright. Chiko and Sayuri are happy that their mum is not injured. Then, Ayumis father invites the Meganium family to celebrate Christmas with his family. They are pleased about this invitation. So they must not stay alone in the forest.
Sayuri and Ayumi tell the story of Santa Munchlax while they set out for the home of Ayumis parents to enjoy Christmas Eve. There, Ayumis mum, her younger sister Miki and her twin sister Aoi come out to welcome them. And then, when they all go inside to drink some hot chocolate for warming up, they find the presents from Santa Munchlax under the Christmas tree. Everyone is happy and they wish each other a Merry Christmas.
Friendcode X: 1263-6717-8653 (Safari Type Psychic)| PM when you add me :)
You can use Yarold's for leveling faster (it's free)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
MiaLily

Post by MiaLily »

Spoiler:
There was once a little Plusle named Plusle. It was working in Santa Claus‘ Christmas village. In recent years it was working in tailoring making adorable Plushies that were loved by young and old. Plusle had always loved the quieter summer and spring in which they were thinking of new lovely ideas that were executed in autumn. Moreover it had also always loved the hectic time before Christmas in which everything had to be made ready and the presents were wrapped so they could be delivered to the longingly waiting kids by Santa Claus and his Stantlers pulling the sledge.
But this year something was different. At first Plusle couldn’t really say what it was. It still liked working and it was also happy outside of work because all its friends were also living in Christmas village. In fact Plusle had no friends outside Christmas village. It had never been outside of Christmas village - a fact that had never bothered it much before because the place was very lovely. But with the years going by it found itself wishing to go with Santa to give the kids their presents. Usually that longing left it once Christmas was over and it was content again. But this time Plusle found itself wishing to leave Christmas village and just explore the world.
With every passing day, it grew sadder and sadder and wished ever more longingly to leave Christmas village behind. Then one day, Plusle was called to Santa.
Santa was a kind, old man that knew everything and everyone in Christmas village. He was said to be able to read in everyones heart.
So Plusle wasn’t surprised when Santa said: “My little Plusle, you are not happy here anymore. If you do think you could be happy somewhere else you can of course leave. But do consider that once you leave Christmas village, you leave it for good. It is not supposed to be found by anyone and it keeps its secret. You will never be able to come back, you must know that. Know also that while we here in Christmas village live a peaceful life and are good to each other, the world outside can be cold and cruel.“
When Plusle heard that, its heart sank. It spent the next days pondering Santas words. Leave Christmas village? That was Plusles wish. It wanted to see the world, it wanted the days to be exciting and it wanted to get to know other Pokémon that were the same. As much as Plusle liked the village and its friends but the days here were so alike, it felt like nothing ever happened. And Plusles friends, as good-hearted and kind as they were, they didn’t share Plusles adventurous nature.
But leave Christmas village forever? To Plusle forever meant never to see its home again. Forever meant never to be with its friends again who had always been there for Plusle.
However, the longer Plusle thought about it, the clearer it became that there was only one way to go.
It said goodbye to all its friends who couldn’t understand why any Pokémon would want to leave Christmas village and certainly they couldn’t understand why Plusle of all Pokémon would want that. Plusle who had always loved working on the kids gifts and who was always so cheerful. True, they had witnessed the change in Plusle over the last months but never would they have thought that it would lead to Plusle leaving. Once they had accepted that their friend was indeed intending to leave they wished Plusle a good journey and all expressed how they were looking forward to seeing their friend again.
Plusle couldn’t bring itself to tell them, its friends that it loved, the truth. That it was goodbye forever. So it just smiled at all of them, told how much it would miss them and hugged them.
Then the time of departure was there. All Pokémon that lived in Christmas village were there to see Plusle off. Even Santa was there and smiled sadly at Plusle.
Plusle waved one last time at all the others and then turned to leave.
The world it got to know was as exciting and wonderful as Plusle always had imagined. But Santa was right it was also cold and cruel sometimes. Plusle got to know new Pokémon and some of them became its new friends.
Mostly, Plusle was happy. But it also missed its old friends, its old work and its old home sometimes.
Especially at Christmas time it would sadly think of all these things more often. When the Christmas spirit only reminded Plusle of all what was lost to it now. Forever.
Oh my. Last minute entry. Longest text that I've written in English since graduation 5 years ago...
Sorry for the rather moody story. Christmas is not what it used to be since my grandpa died on Christmas Eve four years ago. Plus I've seen Sherlock, Wagners "Valkyrie", the "Hobbit" and the "Last Unicorn" very recently all of them dealing with darker things.
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

Phew, really last minute entry of me this time^^'
I chose to do the
1.Writing Contest
It is related to New Year, though.
Spoiler:
There had been a legend once, about the beginning of the tradition to even go and considering of shooting fireworks into the sky when a new year was dawning in front of them.
Her parents had told her that, long ago. She didn't know if it was true, regarding the fact that her parents were some really old and forgetful Sudowoodos; but she knew that every legend and tale had a true core somewhere.
But today, it wouldn't matter. She did have the task of telling the young ones today, as it was tradition in their little village, and she sure remembered all details of the story clear as the day she first heard them. Truth be told, she did hear them every New Year's Eve for a long time, and her father simply grew too old for telling the stories now.
So, as she settled onto the rock that would be serving her as kind of a seat tonight (she missed the days being a Bonsly where she could just go and roll down that rock), her audience had already settled onto the earth before it. They didn't have much snow that year, so they could sit out in the open like that, without risking that the little Pinecos, Arons, Beldums and Pawniards would get a cold.
She knew that their parents were watching them, since it would be the first time that she would tell the story; but she wasn't bothered by that.
A little Pineco rolled before her, trying to get a better look at their narrator.

She looked at the children – how small some of them were! - took a deep breath and started talking.
„My dear children. Like all of you that are sitting here today, I also was eagerly waiting for the last story of the year, when I was younger. Waiting until the night rolled around and we were permitted outside in the dark for once a year, since a good child would want to stay inside their home with their parents.“ An Aron snickered when she said that. Ignoring it, she went on talking.
„Every year, my parents had the honour of telling it. They took it as a serious business, but they really liked to tell little ones like you, believe me that.“
One of the Pawniards that was sitting before her looked earnestly at her, apparently it knew what she meant to say.
„Anyways...the legend goes like this. Every year, when the new year is on the verge of dawning, there is a Pokémon coming out of its hideout, and is wreaking havoc among humans and Pokémon alike. No one knows what it looks like, and no one knows its name. However, it is also said of bringing great fortune to the ones that can go and withstand it; and they and their families will not have any ill luck in the new year. As you can think, humans – like they always are – have been greedy in the past and tried to shoot or to capture this unknown Pokémon to gain more wealth, but they were unlucky with that. So, with time, they got around inventing fireworks and tried to shoo this Pokémon away with that; happy that they were alive and that another new year was finally coming.“
She looked up into the crowd of children that had gathered around her rock and saw that some of their parents had also joined. They were sitting behind the little ones, so that they could still see their narrator. Some of them had been hosted up and were sitting on their parent's shoulder. One Metagross wasn't even really able to see out of its eyes, with all the Beldums flitting up and about their father.
„And as always, some of our kind were following the human tradition of shooting something like fireworks and celebrating on New Year's Eve, even if we were always sure that there wasn't a Pokémon that would deliberately hurt others. But as we all knew, characters vary; even in Pokémon.
There are some of you who are more rebellious“-she pointed to the Aron that had snickered at the beginning - „there are some of you who are really shy“ - another pointing at a group of Pineco that hadn't said anything the whole time and only watched her with big eyes - „and there are also some who lie inbetween.“ She opened her arms up wide.
„But all of you have made your parents proud this year, one way or the other and we all will see another year. We will make promises, and do our choices, but mostly, we will live.
This is also something New Year's Eve is about; to value the life you lived until now.
And for now, I blabbered enough. The humans should be ready by now; I guess we will see it in some seconds.“
The Sudowoodo looked to her left, into the panorama of the big city lying underneath them.
Just as she said, it was illuminated by pretty lights and flashes, pictures and signs – fireworks that humans had made, but that Pokémon enjoyed nonetheless.
And as they all watched on and wished themselves a happy New Year, the Sudowoodo who had told the story thought about the mysterious Pokémon that would wreck havoc in people's life – Fate - and how personal choices can change one's life, to the good or to the bad; and how it always was good to know that there would be another year coming, another chance at life.
The little ones would understand it one day.
nicknoord

Post by nicknoord »

I almost didn't make it when I got called to work this afternoon, but I sneaked in some writing time at work ;) and got home in time to do the final spell- grammar check :D
Enjoy reading it!

Spoiler:
Rescue 2014

Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one… happy New Year!!! An enormous bang and a lightning flash make the entire Unova region shudder. After the shock everybody is screaming and running around scarred, not knowing what just happened. Maybe the Mayan people were wrong when they said 2013 would be the end of the world.

To paint you all a picture Castellia City was completely destroyed and Skyarrow, Marvelous, Driftveil, Tubeline and Village Bridge all collapsed. The ground shred apart at countless places. Rain, thunder and even tornados tormented every town and city. The ocean was untamable like you have never seen before.

All of this occurred when Tobias was at the Entralink with a couple of his friends. They all decided to warped right back home. For Tobias that meant warping back to Striaton City. As he was landing the fountain almost landed on top of him, jumping away at the last second. He sprinted back into the city to see what all the screaming was about. Seeing several buildings caving in, made his heart skip a few beats. In the crowd Tobias spotted Fennel, maybe she knows something about what’s happening. She was running towards the Dreamyard, Tobias caught up with her at the ruins. To make al long story short, the most likely scenario was about the three weather Pokémon, Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus. According to the legend that’s exactly what they did before. The legend states that Landorus was the one to stop them and afterwards he went to Abundant Shrine to rest.

Tobias is known as one of the best trainers in Unova, but can he safe Unova from the apocalypse that 2014 has turned out to be? He decided that he had to at least try to safe Unova from the wrath of Tornadus and Thundurus.

To plan his route to the Abundant Shrine, Tobias had his Braviary fly over Unova to check out the roads. To get to Landorus there are two different bridges to cross, both of them are destroyed so the only way left is across the water to Undella Town. If it wasn’t for Samurott, Tobias would have never thought of crossing the wild water. They have trained together for 7 year now and both of them are confident Samurott will be able to cross the water.

Once they were on the water they discovered the wind was going to make their journey quite a bit longer than expected. It’s a good thing Emolga is so effective against the water Pokémon they came across during the three days it took them to get to Undella town. When they reached Undella Town Cynthia was already trying to rebuild the town with the help of her champion Pokémon and fellow towns’ members. After seeing Tobias arrive on Samurott she took a break to come and talk to him.

Cynthia was one of the friends Tobias was spending New Years Eve with. Tobias had tried to call her but the Xtransceiver had no reception. Tornadus and Thundurus must have knocked down all the receivers. Tobias told Cynthia about his plan to wake Landorus up to try and stop the other two weather monsters from destroying Unova. She asked him to stay in Undella Town for a day so she could come with him the next day. After sitting on Samurott his back for three days walking around and helping rebuild Undella Town sounded like a good idea. Tobias is glad Cynthia is going with him to Route 14 because she knows the route better than him.

After dropping Samurott off at the rebuild Pokécenter Tobias went to the north-east part of town to help the towns’ members rebuild their homes. Amanita's Storage System is coming back up so Tobias Switched out Emolga, Darmanitan and Braviary for Conkeldurr, Rhyperior and Machamp. They were a great help in lifting heavy parts for the new houses. With the help of the Pokémon, the town will be rebuild in no time!

After a good night sleep Cynthia and Tobias got up early to get on their way to Route 14 and Abundant Shrine. Arriving on Route 14 they are looking at a total chaos. A lot of holes in the road and some parts are ripped open like a crater. With help of Braviary, with Tobias switched back at the Pokécenter and Garchomp the team can avoid the holes and craters. They will still need a day and a half to get to Abundant Shrine.

Finding the place where Landorus is starting to look impossible for the team! But then in the middle of the crop fields..... a cabin appears. Both over the moon of joy, Tobias and Cynthia run over to it and burst through the door. Inside the Landorus is lying on the floor fast asleep. Not sure how to approach it, Tobias steps forward. Carefully he puts his hand on the back of Landorus, shaking it a little. The 4’11” monster opens his big eyes and jumps up. Making Tobias jump back to Cynthia at the door. Landorus looks sleepy and confused. Cynthia steps up this time and starts explaining what had happened to Unova and that they need his help. Landorus agrees and changes to its therian form and tells Tobias and Cynthia to get on his back. Together they walk out the cabin after which Landorus make a run for it and flies up.
Landorus obvious knows where to look for Tornadus and Thundurus because he flies strait west. Tobias flew with Braviary before but his speed fades compared to how fast Landorus is flying. In no time the team is in the middle Mistralton City. Landorus puts Tobias and Cynthia on the ground and flies back up to try and talk to Tornadus and Thundurus. Heavy electric attacks and violent wind attacks are flying all over the place. The raging duo does not seem to want to talk to Landorus and he is forged to fight back with flying rocks and sandstorms. The fight is really intense and after hours of fighting Landorus is the first to get tired. He still keeps up the fighting for an hour more. When all seems lost, the sky opens up and fire attacks shoot down to Tornadus and Thundurus. It probably caught them by surprise because they fell down to the ground, both burned and unable to continue the fight. Landorus landed next to them and used some kind of shield attack to capture them. Not sure what had just happened Tobias and Cynthia rushed over to Landorus to ask him. Before he got the chance to answer their questions, the source of the fire attacks landed, Victini, Reshiram and Zekrom. Leaving Tobias and Cynthia stunned, the three legends came closer and thanked the both of them for all the effort and keeping the weather monsters off long enough for them to collect enough power to stop them. Victini pulled out a little backpack and handed Tobias and Cynthia two pokéballs. After which all of the legend, including Landorus, Tornadus and Thundurus, disappeared.

Two months later Unova is completely rebuild thanks to the help of all the legendary Pokémon. Meanwhile in Striaton City Tobias and his young Zekrom are training in the Dreamyard to get strong enough to test their power against Cynthia en her young Reshiram.

The Unova calendar almost didn’t make it to 2014. But with the help of our heroes Tobias and Cynthia, it became the year of renewed respect for each other and hope for a better future.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mithos
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Post by Mithos »

Spoiler:
A Christmas wonder?

The heat and the warming light from the fireplace emanates in every corner of the big decorated room and kind of competes with the weak shimmer coming off from the
old and used candles which decorate the beautiful Christmas tree and let the small place under it seem like a warm and safe place to rest for a while.
In the middle of this cozy room stands a table laid with everything one could imagine. Plum pudding, heated apples and so much more to convince you to
stay a bit longer and enjoy the christmas spirit that surrounds you.
If it wouldn't be for three Pokemon sitting at that table and going for all the dishes, you could think this place never changes and kind of stays paradisiac
like it seems forever.
Well, to be honest it's just two of them. The third one, a more introverted Meowth, sits a bit apart from them and watches them eat, a bit disgusted, a bit fascinated.
Cyndaquil, a little naive, but heartwarming all in all, speaks up: ,, Hey Meowth, come over, you'll miss the best parts of the dishes if just stay there watching.''
,,Absolutely!'', Makuhita adds, ''...and you know, when I start eating, you have to hurry up!''. It did more sound like he was munching than speaking.
,,No thank you, I don't need some of your food. I'll be okay by myself.'', he answered, ''I just hate Christmas. I hate the trees, I hate this decorating stuff,
and the most I hate this feeling that everybody has to be happy and joyful.''
Silence was in the air and covered everything like a thick layer you could go through with a knife and cut it in pieces. Meowth was never one of the
happy ones. He was more like arrogant and an eremite.''
,,And this year I'll go for the Pokedollars and you won't change my mind.'' , Meowth said. A sigh was to hear coming from the little hedgehog which stopped
eating. ''Meowth, it's Christmas, why don't you stop being so selfish?!'', he said.

Let me tell you what it is about:
In this little town where they are living, they have a tradition of going the mountain nearby to talk to Jirachi, a cute, little and rare Pokemon which
lives alone. It is said that the slips hanging on its head contain magical powers. Once a year, at Christmas, they wander up to the mountain to see Jirachi
sleeping and tell it their wishes and they hope that it hears their voices to fulfill that wish with its slips. Of course it is more like superstition but its
the idea of a ritual.

And so our three heros start to make themselves ready for going to the mountain.
''I didn't ask you what you'll wish this year Cynda! What is it?'', Makuhita asked. ''Mom needs more charcoal to heat our house so I'm going for this!''
''Such a nice idea! I wish I had an oven in which my parents could bake the most delicious things everyone in the town, that would be great.'' Makuhita said with a big grin
on his face imagining the joy he would have.
Meowth walked a bit apart from them in the apocalpyse-like snowstorm, sunken in his own thoughts about how stupid their wishes are. You could buy all these things with Pokedollars and could keep them
for yourself. Why should you be sharing your things? Everyone can get their own things if they need them so bad. Since no one raised him or loved him,
he didn't understand why everyone was so emotional at this time of the year. He has always been better on his own and didn't need anyone to help him.

A loud scream ripped him from his thoughts and he immediately extended his claws and tensed up his hole body. Cyndaquil was no where to see and Makuhita
stood there all alone, quite shocked and unable to move. The small hedgehog slipped a glacier and squalled in pain. It seemed like it broke its small leg.
Makuhita reacted quite fast and took the small Pokemon between his arms and shouted to Meowth: ''Let's go to the cave nearby an find some shelter!''

And so they did. Still shocked about the incident, Makuhita places the small Pokemon on the cold stony soil and started to warm the hedgehog. Meowth suddenly
realized how cold he felt and looked over them, a bit longing yet insecure.
''Don't sit there watching, come over.'', Makuhita said and opened its big arms to welcome Meowth in his warmth.
Meowth hesitated but then crawled over and snuggled up to it. He thought about how nice they are to him and how ugly he was to them in return.
And he felt the little body of Cyndaquil shaking. He had to something. He waited until Makuhita and Cyndaquil fell asleep and crawled out of the cave and started
to make his way alone up to he mountain. He fought against the heavy snow fall which whipped against his face and told him ''Go away, turn around, you are not supposed to be here.''
He endured and walked, and endured an walked. He had to get to the top of the mountain to help his friends this one time. Did he call them friends in his mind?
How did that happen? Whilst he was irritated by his own thoughts he reached the top and saw a small entrance.
He felt relieve when he reached it but quickly went through to the middle of a big chamber.

And there it layed. A petite, gentle Pokemon whith a yellow starlike head and a fragile looking body. It slept like it was in peace with everything.
The slips form its head shimmered in the reflecting light of the crystals around it.
''Why are you here?'', asked a loud voice coming from everywhere.
''I'm here to ask you to grant me a wish!'' Meowth said with confidence. ''I want you to save my friends! They're hurt and cold!''
''I think I cannot do this for you...'', the voice answered. ''Why not??'' ''They need to be here.''
Meowth was desperate but came up with a new idea: ''Please help me to evolve so I can become Persian to save them on my back!''
And suddenly he felt a strange warmth flowing through his body and everything in his body changed and he felt like he was newborn. And there he was. Made anew with a new look and new skills.
He didn't hesitate and started running to his friends who froze in the cold. He put them on his back started to run to the city as fast as he could.

Days later Cyndaquil and Makuhita were fine again and happier than ever before. Not just because they were safe, but because they got a new friend: Persian.
And Persian for himself now understood why his friends were so excited about Christmas: Because the strange but nice feeling heat that went through him wasn't
the feeling of the evolution but of the thought that now he had friends which he could help.
And nobody ever knew that Jirachi didn't ever grant him a wish. It was the power of Meowth itself which granted him his evolution.
One could say, this was more like a Christmas wonder.