Crafting Contest • Summer 2013

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Liirah
Shark Prince

Crafting Contest • Summer 2013

Post by Liirah »

Hello everyone!

I don't know about you guys, but we really want summer to start. That's why SpoonyBard and I have prepared another contest for you to get summer going - so let's bring the summer to Virtuadopt!

For this contest, we basically want you to craft. Sounds simple, huh?
Well, it actually is, but this wouldn't be a Virtuadopt contest if there weren't any specialities.

What you wanna know first, you are free to craft whatever you think fits this contest (as long as it follows the rules), may it be a simulated beach setting or a Summer Kirlia built of a lot of different things.
Now here's the clue: the three special items and their exact amount listed below must be manufactured into a new piece of art:
  • one cotton stick                 \
  • two drinking straws              color / size / material as desired
  • three buttons                     /
(*Note: the linked images are just examples. Your items might look different from them which is totally fine.)

So whatever you decide to make, you have to use these objects no matter what. You may not use less or more of them! This means, if there is a specific amount stated, do not alter that amount in any way. Two means two and not one or three.
You may use as many other things for crafting and building as you wish, as long as they are different from the special items above.

There are a few more rules you have to follow. Make sure to read them carefully. Any violation of the rules listed below will lead to a disqualification! So don't hesitate to ask if there is something you're not sure about. Post in this thread (not the entry thread!) or PM me or SpoonyBard. If you have general questions about the contest, though, please post them in this thread instead of sending a PM so that everyone can see the question and our answer.

Rules:
  • Your entry must have a summer theme to it and must be related to Pokémon / Virtuadopt in any way.
  • Your entry must be crafted.
    There are many ways of crafting, make use of them. But be aware that for example drawing only isn't a way of crafting we want to see here.
  • Be creative!
    Since you are pretty much free to enter whatever you want to, creativity will make up a large if not even the largest part of our judging. You'll probably not place in good category for entering something that lacks originality and creativity.
  • You may use official art and Virtuadopt art.
    In case you might want to use any sort of art that neither is yours nor official art / Virtuadopt art, you must show a valid written permission of the art owner. If you cannot show one, your entry will be considered art theft and will lead to a permanent ban.
  • You may only have one entry.
    You can edit your post as many times as you wish as long as the contest goes. As soon as the contest has ended, you are no longer allowed to edit your entry.
  • Your final entry may not consist of less than four photos.
    You'll need one photo to show your entry as a whole and at least three more to point out the special items, a single photo for each one of them. If you had to use an item more than one time and you decided to have them at different places, make sure to take a separate photo of all items/placements.
    You may have additional photos if you wish.
  • Make your links work.
    It's up to you to upload your photos somewhere that everyone can see. If there are any links/photos that do not work, you'll not have the chance to hand them in later.
  • Every photo must contain a piece of paper with your username and Virtuadopt (handwritten) on it.
    It can not be digitally added afterwards!
  • If you have been banned from the forums at any point during the duration of the contest, you will not be allowed to enter.

Let's now come to the probably most interesting part for you guys - the lovely promo adopt that UkeSora has created for you.
Adoptable Adoptable
Do your best, outstanding entries may also receive Mew as an additional prize!
(All Mew adoptables given out through this contest will have a 2nd star stamp.)
Adoptable
The contest ends July 10th, 2013, 11:59pm VA server time CEST (Central European Summer Time).

Entries go here.

So, have fun!
Tomoaki
Tauros' leader

Re: Crafting Contest • Summer 2013

Post by Tomoaki »

Hey^^ That's a really cool contest! I hope I can figure something out xD
But I have a question:
Liirah wrote: Your final entry may not consist of less than four photos.
You'll need one photo to show your entry as a whole and at least three more to point out the special items, a single photo for each one of them. If you had to use an item more than one time and you decided to have them at different places, make sure to take a separate photo of all items/placements.
You may have additional photos if you wish.
Do the 3 more items I take a photo of, have to be the ones written above (Cotton Stick, Drinking Straws and Buttons) ? Or can I choose 3 used items randomly, whatever it is?
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Liirah
Shark Prince

Post by Liirah »

Tomoaki, they have to show the cotton stick, drinking straws and buttons so that we can see that you've used them and how you've used them.
You can of course show additional photos of other items you've used if you feel like pointing out them as well.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tomoaki
Tauros' leader

Post by Tomoaki »

Liirah, Okay :) Good to know! thank you for answering so fast! -^^-
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH my god. WHIMSICOTT. My Possibilities of crafting here in Japan are extremely limited, due to several resons, but I'll give my best! ;_____; If I'm not able to win the shiny version, I'm willing to give away my 1st Mew...

edit: I also have a question about the items we have to use. If you say we have to do 3 more photos of them, does that also mean we have to make sure they're on the same spot? Let's say I would draw a picture (yes I won't do that), and decided to set one button on the right handside and the two others on the left handside, so I have to take 2 pictures of them. Is that also okay?
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Liirah
Shark Prince

Post by Liirah »

a-chan, exactly the way you described it.
Liirah wrote:If you had to use an item more than one time and you decided to have them at different places, make sure to take a separate photo of all items/placements.
So if one button would be on the right side and another one on the left side, just take 2 separate pictures.
GreenBerry
Green Queen de Berry

Post by GreenBerry »

Can I also cut drinking straws or it must be used as one piece? ^^
Hatchlings

AdoptableImageImageAdoptableImageImageAdoptable[/9center]
Liirah
Shark Prince

Post by Liirah »

GreenBerry, as long as you pay attention to the given amount of the drinking straws you can. So you can cut it short if necessarily needed but you are not allowed to cut the drinking straws into halves and use both parts because you would use more parts than you are allowed to use. Same goes for the cotton sticks.
GreenBerry
Green Queen de Berry

Post by GreenBerry »

Liirah wrote:GreenBerry, as long as you pay attention to the given amount of the drinking straws you can. So you can cut it short if necessarily needed but you are not allowed to cut the drinking straws into halves and use both parts because you would use more parts than you are allowed to use. Same goes for the cotton sticks.

Ok ^^
Hatchlings

Clear

Post by Clear »

It may be a stupid question but exactly what kind of buttons do we have to use? Those for decorating bags or those for closing jackets or pants (for example)?
SpoonyBard
† fool †

Post by SpoonyBard »

Basil Hawkins, the ones for closing-purposes, just like the ones the Promo-Whimsicott is wearing :)
AdoptableImageImage
My trade topic
ReshiStar

Post by ReshiStar »

sweet, this would be my first contest im gonna be in since i have joined. Question, whats a cotton stick?
GreenBerry
Green Queen de Berry

Post by GreenBerry »

ReshiStar, Image =) a cotton stick
Hatchlings

ReshiStar

Post by ReshiStar »

oh i call those cotton swabs.
KuraFreak
Mother Fox

Post by KuraFreak »

Hm my first Contest :3 It sounds interessting so good Luck everybody

One qustion: Can i cut the cotton stick and use an half or use the cotton head? And can i paint the cotton stick?
Last edited by KuraFreak on June 12th, 2013, 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~♥~ My Guard ~♥~
3DS FC: 3969-5066-6299 Send me a PM if you add me :3
Requiem
Full-Time Fujoshi

Post by Requiem »

Oh my god.
This Whimsicott is like... the cutest thing on VA.
And it's a contest from Liirah and Spoony.
OH MAN.
I do hardly have any time at all (a deadline 1 month later would be perfect ´v`), have 765674 things to do in my spare time, but I guess I will still give it a try.

Question: Are we allowed to alter the color of the 2 straws? For example paint them red/blue/white/whatever in case we don't find the right ones at the store/supermarket?
ImageImage
HIATUS
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Very nice promo! I sure will enter, it will be an awesome summer here on VA =D
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Liirah
Shark Prince

Post by Liirah »

KuraFreak wrote:One qustion: Can i cut the cotton stick and use an half or use the cotton head?
You can cut it short if needed but you may neither use the single cotton head nor the stick without any cotton attached to it. That wouldn't be a cotton stick any longer. ;)
This means, if you shorten your cotton stick, make sure to add some cotton to the cottonless end of your stick so that you have a full cotton stick again. (It doesn't have to look perfect if you do so.)
KuraFreak wrote:And can i paint the cotton stick?
Requiem wrote:Question: Are we allowed to alter the color of the 2 straws? For example paint them red/blue/white/whatever in case we don't find the right ones at the store/supermarket?
Sure!
KuraFreak
Mother Fox

Post by KuraFreak »

Liirah Thanks for the quick answer
~♥~ My Guard ~♥~
3DS FC: 3969-5066-6299 Send me a PM if you add me :3
Dragonclaw

Post by Dragonclaw »

Oh god, he's soooo cute. ;_; But I don't really get, What should I do (I'm german, and my english is not really good -~-), and I'm not really creative.
Maybe someone can help me? (I mean, explain it to me.)
Thank you. ^^'
Icon: Zhou__Mao

Adoptable Adoptable Image Image ImageAdoptable