Pokemon In Real Life

Here come all discussion on various topics.
inuyashagirl521

Pokemon In Real Life

Post by inuyashagirl521 »

How do you feel about Pokemon in real life? Is it something that you display proudly, don't really talk much about, or purposely don't mention?
Do you play the games, cosplay as characters, collect cards, ect?

Personally, I'm a seventeen year old in Alabama, US. I have at least one game from each generation if not more, collect the cards and figures, as well as am working on a Gengar cosplay. I'm pretty open about liking Pokemon but there are some moments that I feel embarrassed.
Click my eggs in box one, please? <3 Click here to make a Meowth smile by helping!~
Avatar by Ugh-First-Aid on Vdexproject.net
Mina-chan

Re: Pokemon In Real Life

Post by Mina-chan »

Well, it's a bit difficult to say, because I'm only thirteen years old. ^^ I'd consider that as the age, where adults still think it's "normal" to like Pokemon. xD

But yeah, I'm thirteen years old and I live in Austria. I have most games for GBA and DS, and the two ones for Gamecube. I also have a few trading cards, I never played with them, but I loved to collect them when I was younger. :3
I have a few friends that like or liked Pokemon too, and I'm not really embarrasseed about it.
TheMonsterQueen

Post by TheMonsterQueen »

I collect the Cards. But only from the Diamond/Pearl Series to the Black/White Ones.
The older Cards, I don't like.
And I have many Plush-Pokémon in my Room. I think around 30 or 35.
I play the Games, too. I nearly have any Pokémon Game, exept 2 Mystery Dungeon Ones. But I will get them soon, too.
If we talk about cosplay: Yes, I cosplayed May from Pokémon. And in the future I want to cosplay Dawn, too.
And I'm really proud to be an Pokémon-Fan, so I don't hide it. If someone ask me, what I like, I say, that I like Pokémon still.
I'm 19 years old now and I love Pokémon since I was 5 years old. Why shouldn't I be proud of that? ;)
Adoptable ImageAdoptable
Number_13_Roxas

Post by Number_13_Roxas »

I am 21 years old and i'm a proud Pokemon Fan =)
inuyashagirl521

Post by inuyashagirl521 »

Generally I'm proud, but people look at me weird when I tell them that I still play Pokemon. My friends are cool about it, most of them play it as well. ^-^
I've liked it for as long as I can remember. <3

I'm glad that I'm not the only older person on here that likes it.
You know, personally, I have found that it's generally the more educated teenagers that enjoy playing it.
Click my eggs in box one, please? <3 Click here to make a Meowth smile by helping!~
Avatar by Ugh-First-Aid on Vdexproject.net
Catslover
I <3 Shiny's

Post by Catslover »

I'm 21 years old, I play the Games, and still collect the cards
And also love VA :D

My friends know about it, it's no problem
They used to be, or are still fans, like me ^^
:king: AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable :wub:
Venom
Location: A little English village that no-one here's probably heard of. :)

Post by Venom »

I'm 15 years old and people have been a bit funny to me (not funny ha ha, funny awkward) in the past about liking Pokemon, so I generally keep it under my hat. My best friend knows, though. It's not THAT secret.

Inuyashagirl, I agree. It is the more educated people who like playing it (seeing as I am one of those. ;) )
Spoiler for Venom Notices:
If I'm not that active, blame exams and stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
Julia13

Post by Julia13 »

I have one card pack and thinking of getting more. I have a lot of pokemon games. My favorite is pokemon red rescue team because you are the pokemon. Being in middle school I'm not really open about it. I do keep up with the cartoons.
I am who I am and no one change that.
Magical Rose

Post by Magical Rose »

A lot of people in my class think that people who like that at our age is weird. So I mention it to them, but I do have friends that like it. I'm not into Pokemon as I used to. I don't collect the cards anymore, (gave most of them to a friend), not that into the games but I still get some, but I still like the plushies. :3
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Lane Stardust

Post by Lane Stardust »

[list]I'm in my 20's and I still play Pokemon.. when I have the time, anyway. I used to collect the cards when I was younger, from the original 151 Pokemon. I have most of the cards and they're all in a box at my parents' house.

Most of my friends know that I play Pokemon and there's even some people in my fraternity that play, as well. Though at this stage in life, no one really cares about what you do. Everything's kind of cool in its own way.[/list]
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

I'am actually still a collector of vintage cards, also some figure and plushie stuff, so yeah pokemon takes part when it comes to my real life. i'am openly displaying my goods like graded cards or merchandise in my livingroom, guests have to deal with it.

i still also play older pokemon games on their original handhelds because of the nostalgia. luckily most of my close friends are also still in playing the games and also card collecting, so i can talk about pokemon whenever i want to, simply amazing^^.

the days when people offended me a lot like making fun about "adults being into childish stuff" are luckily over. i find more acceptance now, maybe because of the on going popularity of the merch, it being around for so long and many new fans with pokemon Go.
AdoptableAdoptable