A Special Kind of Contest - Entries

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
hayami
Purple Cat

Re: A Special Kind of Contest - Entries

Post by hayami »

This is my entry for category 1:

I tried my best to get as close as possible to the VA-style (especially UkeSora's style)! :'3

~Christmas Carol Purrloin~

|250x250 normal & shiny|

ImageImage

|100x100 normal & shiny|

ImageImage

|40x40 dex|

ImageImage

|possible dex entry|

Christmas Carol Purrloin has been singing all night but isn't tired yet. Pick your favorite Christmas song to sing along!
Last edited by hayami on November 27th, 2012, 12:01 am, edited 6 times in total.
AdoptableAdoptableImageAdoptableAdoptable
La Lapras

Post by La Lapras »

Here is my entry, since I am not a good drawer it`s for category 2.

Christmas Tree Lapras
It`s a Lapras (what else^^) which eats something – you can see it mixed up a mistletoe with something to eat. On the back on its shell it carries a Christmas tree, which is decorated with a red swag and a star at the top.
The normal one would be blue like a regular Lapras.
For the shiny version the Lapras should be colored purple – simply like a shiny Lapras. Maybe the swag has a different color, or it`s the same like the normal one.

Dex entry:
Without any land on the deep sea Lapras has to carry its Christmas tree.
Last edited by La Lapras on October 15th, 2012, 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Do you see... on the horizon. As peace-ful as can be. Lapras flows like the moving dance....
Of the waves of the great blue sea! Across the sunset... Lapras flows... As peaceful as can be.
Jemma

Post by Jemma »

Here is my entry for category 2. *sorry, can´t paint*

It´s a promo Santa Petilil, complete with santas red and white cap and long white beard. Right next to it (like in it´s hand) a brown bag, filled and overflowing with colorfull presents.
The shiny version could have a light green cap, like the shiny version of Petilil.

As for the dex entry: The bag is to heavy for little Santa Petilil, it has to rest. Please help giving the presents away in time.
Searching for Breeder: Cottonee, Solrock, Shuckle, Sandshrew/Sandslash, Rotom, Deerling
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Tradestation --- please click my box 1
Miggyway
Mrs. Charming

Post by Miggyway »

Here is my entry for the Contest (2. Submitting an idea for a potential) VA x3

I thought about a Christmas Gift Deerling and it could look like this:

Image Image

Maybe you could add a little plushi, which looks out of the present or something like that. You can also add some chrsitmas accessoires on Deerling, maybe gloves or a red ribbon on the neck~

The Dex Entry could be like this:

Deerling tryied to make some Presents for her friends. Finally the last one is ready.
Last edited by Miggyway on November 27th, 2012, 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

Cupcake Litwick

Since I'm not a good drawer, I decided to explain my idea by showing pictures of real cupcakes to you.

I brought two ideas:
1. a non-themed version
Here, you could use any color you can think of - pink, blue or even green. Also rainbow colors. Check the image I put in the spoiler. As for decoration, you could use any type of sugar sprinkles: usual ones, round ones, also star-shaped sprinkles would be possible. There isn't a Shiny version.
Spoiler:
Rainbow cream

more cupcackes the cream must be like these cupcackes
2. a version fitting Christmas
Having a green colored cream, red small sugar sprinkles and a star sitting on top of the cupcake. The pictures below show you how I imagined the whole thing could look like vaguely.
As for the Shiny version, I thought of a lighter green and orange sprinkles, a light brown for the body.
Also, Litwick's eyes sparkle. As if it was happy to be a cupcake. I'm not sure if you could see it's mouth, but if you could it should smile like this: :D
Spoiler:
ImageImage
christmas cupcackes
Please note that Litwick is the important part here not the decoration and stuff. You should still be able to recognize it.

Pokedex entry:
Litwick loves Cupcakes. (I know it's not very creative. xD)
Last edited by Dragonfly on October 11th, 2012, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
♥ *~* ottaro *~* ♥
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

1. Creating the entire VA

Candy Cane Vulpix

250 x 250

100x100

40x40

Image Image

Possible Dex Entry:
It is said that every winter Vulpix fur changes white to match the snowy landscape, however this Vulpix decided to match its favorite holiday candy.
Last edited by mauwie on November 19th, 2012, 4:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Adoptable
luluna
Location: used to be a eevee but when playing with a furret i got lost

Post by luluna »

project 2 describe

First snow eevee:
 the ground is a light blue christal snow with some traces in it. There is some snow falling, an eevee is jumping towards a large snowflake. The eevee is set to the right, its jumping up on one of his legs the other is not touching the ground. Its trying to reach it with its noise, on of its front legs is curled up the other is stretched. It has a big smile on his face. His ears are a little to the back of its head as its jumping. It also wears a red Christmas scarf with fluff balls that are white (maybe a little golden yellow) the scarf is to long, one of its parts goes down along its back and falls behind its tail were it touches the ground. The other part is touching the ground directly and a little bit curled on the ground in a small s. the eevee has a nice normal color scheme. The shiny version is doing the same the scarf is purple and the flush at the end is yellow as to put some color in it.

this is the bsic idea and i will try to sketch it maybe :)
dex entry : 'nothing is more fun for this eevee than to watch out for the first snow'

also for idea 2:
you see an venonat there is a lot of wind and his feet are barely thouching the ground. in his little paws he holds a little windmill towards the wind and looks at it in wonder. he's antennai are close to his head his hair al tight with the wind and leaves are flying around him (mostly fall color but i think green would be nice to)

dex entry: 'a little venonat is spotted with a windmill. i wonder what he is trying to discover?'

idea 3 :

b-day or present wurmple.
you see a nice green present (or red with chrismas trees) and out of a whole in top of the present you see a smiling wurmple with closed eyes and in a 60 degree angle of the presents top curling up in joy :). a nice colorfull bow (red, orange or white) is lose on the side of the top present but there is some still hung onto wurmples little head. a piece of chewed up present is still in its little paws.
note : the present has a part of the corner chewed up to as to make it more complete

color palets shiny: purple wurmple with a nice yellow present and a silverlike bow on top :)

dex entry :
b-day : No one like birthdays more than this little fellow
chrismas : on the eve of christmas there is nothing stopping this little wurmple for getting its present
Last edited by luluna on November 7th, 2012, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

1.) Creating the entire VA

250 x 250
normal version / shiny version

Image / Image

100 x 100
normal version / shiny version

Image / Image

40 x 40
grey / obtained

Image / Image

Dex Entry:

Huh? What's this? Bubbles everywhere! Seems like Whimsicott and Litwick are having fun in the sun blowing soap bubbles in all rainbow colors.

Notes:
I wanted to do no season based adopt, because I kinda... am not looking forward to christmas, and in my opinion, we have enough season based, especially christmas, adopts. :/ I think some more adopts that have nothing to do with any season or festival would be good. Maybe some topic based adopts like music, art, technology or also countries.
The idea came into my mind when I saw a child playing with soap bubbles in a park in Kyoto. :3

I will maybe edit the entry later...
Last edited by a-chan on October 19th, 2012, 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Ine

Post by Ine »

Category 2:

This is my idea for a Christmas Sawsbuck
Spoiler:
Mars

Post by Mars »

2. Submitting an idea for a potential VA

So, my idea is a tepig that is using ember to make a bonfire.
Sketch:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage Image
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

2. Submitting an idea for a potential VA
NOT SURE IF MORE THEN ONE FORM IS ALLOWED, WILL ASK.

Because I can't draw good I'll go for this category! So my entry has off course something to do with Christmas, but as I said before it's about a tradition that only takes place in Belgium & the Netherlands. (I live in Belgium).

So my idea(s) is a 'Chocolate Unown' or better are; Chocolate unown forms (26 letters)! How did I came up with this idea? Well, on Sinterklaas (6 December) dutch children find in their shoe the first letter of their name in chocolate. Here you find more info. It's maybe not so special but the distribution could be really funny!

Sketch
WILL COME

Because it will maybe look a bit boring, 26 unown in the same color; you could use different sorts chocolate! Brown chocolate, Black chocolate.. but also chocolate with nuts or with raisins!
(Click here for delicious example)

Idea for distribution:
Each user gets one chocolate unown, the chocolate unown version of the first letter of his username. Then, users can buy more chocolate unowns (in the form off their username) for 1000$ or something else. As they do random trades with people, they will be able to change the forms off their chocolate unown in the laboratory.

Example idea for distribution:
I do a random trade with Storyline, after the trade is completed I can change one from my 'Chocolate Unown P' to a 'Chocolate Unown S'.

Extra:
• I would make them untradable for a while, because this could cause multi-accounting.
• For the users that their username does not start with a letter, I would give them a random letter; or a letter where not much users their name starts with to make the rarity off each form equal.

If only 1 form is allowed, then just take 1 choco unown in a random letter :|
Last edited by PokeTrade on November 27th, 2012, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My collections:
ImageImageImage
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

Everybody knows that every year Santa comes with his presents for the children. And they also know that he has a lot of helpers, little and big. Now let me introduce my little helper I saw in one of Santa’s Christmas factory: Christmas Elf Meowth. I took option Nr. 2 because I’m a bad drawer.

Christmas Elf Meowth is dressed like a normal Christmas Elf. He wears a long, red coat, which goes over his tummy. Under his coat, he has long green pants. They go all over his legs. On his feet, he has red shoes, which have the typical spiky Christmas elf toecap. The Meowth himself has the same color as the normal one. On his head, he wears a pointed cap. It has stripes on it, green and red ones, in the same color as his other clothes. At the spiky end of the pointed cap, he doesn’t have the usual bobble, he has his coin there. The coin, just as like the one he has on his forehead. He carries a little teddy bear (just a normal one) in one paw, and a needle in his other paw.

That was the normal one; now I tell you about the shiny one:
Shiny Christmas Elf Meowth is dressed like a normal Christmas Elf. He wears a long, blue coat, which goes over his tummy. Under his coat, he has long white pants. They go all over his legs. On his feet, he has blue shoes, which have the typical spiky Christmas elf toecap. The Meowth himself has the same color as the normal shiny one. On his head, he wears a pointed cap. It has stripes on it, blue and white ones, in the color as his other clothes. At the spiky end of the pointed cap, he doesn’t have the usual bobble, he has his coin there. The coin, just as like the one he has on his forehead. He has a little toy soldier (just a normal one) in one paw, and a screwdriver in his other paw.

So, this was my little idea for the competition. Hope, you like it^^

Pokedex Entry:
When you come to Santa’s Christmas fabrics, you can see hundreds of these hardworking little helpers. They also like to make presents which make all children happy.
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
TsukiKitsune

Post by TsukiKitsune »

Pokedex: Lost Numel

250x250
250x250 Shiny Version

100x100

40x40

Pokedex Entry:
Oh no! Where did everyone go? Mommy where are you?
Last edited by TsukiKitsune on October 20th, 2012, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
queenie
Sassy Pants

Post by queenie »

Type 2 entry:

I would like to suggest a Christmas Venusaur with a poinsettia blooming in place of the normal flower. It could be doing anything that the artists think look best, but the main component is the Christmas poinsettia.

The dex entry could be like: Looks like Venusaur has a festive new flower!
Leafeon

Post by Leafeon »

Here my entry for the first option. ^^

Orginal:
Spoiler:
250x250:

100x100:

40x40:

Dex entry: Do you hear the sweet song of christmas? It´s Kirlia. She will play for you in the Christmas eve.
Please pm me if you would like to trade a pokemon from my trade boxes :3
My DeviantArt~ <3
Zoka

Post by Zoka »

I was originally gonna make an entry for the 1st option but decided to go with the option 2 instead since my style is so far away from the VA style... and I had other propblems too~ =d

Anyway as soon as I heard from this contest I knew I wanted to do this adopt cuz' I first drew a crappy version of it around a year ago when I had first joined. My idea is a Ninja Charmander~
Spoiler:
Other awesome ninja poses could be used too it doesn't have to be this one. The shiny version would be just a shiny charmander with the same colored mask or it could be dark-green or -blue. Whichever the artist sees fitting~ ^^
The dex entry could be something like this:
"You should watch your back while with this little fella. This ninja's cute and deadly!"
Liffy
Tiempos De Furia

Post by Liffy »

My entry for category 1:

Christmas Arrangement Wormadam

250x250

Image Image

100x100

Image Image

(It looks so small... D':>)

40x40 (dex icon)

Image Image

Dex Entry

Oh, look! It seems Wormadam likes christmas arrangements and became one too.
♫ Manipulate the pulse, the pattern, the rhythm ♫
♪ Dominate the beat ♪

♪ Manipulate the pulse, the pattern, the beat ♪
♫ Dominate the world ♫
BlackViper
La Viper

Post by BlackViper »

My entry for Category 2:

I had the idea of a Poinsettia-Roselia.
Since the Poinsettia is such a typical christmas flower it was clear to make a christmas version of Roselia this way.
Instead of the roses I painted a Roselia having Poinsettias as "hands".

These are my sketches.
I thought also of a little bit snow lying on Roselia. And if it´s possible there could be some golden powder on the flowers. That would look really like Christmas.
There will maybe follow more. So the artits can see different styles of my idea.
I think I´ll colour them later to make some coloured sketches.
Spoiler:
This was the first idea:

This is my second sketch:
Spoiler:
Dex entry:
This is our winter-version of Roselia. It changed the roses for beautiful poinsettas in full bloom.
Hope you like it.
Last edited by BlackViper on October 24th, 2012, 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

I wanted to make something a little bit different from the "normal" things you think of, when thinking about christmas. So I tried to avoid santa hats, christmas trees and stuff... and ended up with a snow canon blastoise! (and I changed the colors to look a little bit more like christmas)
I'm not really happy with it, because I'm not sure if it looks... well.. special enough to be a promo and I the 100 x 100 version ist reaaally small, but anyway - I hope you like it!

Christmas Snow Blastoise

250 x 250

100 x 100

40 x 40 Dex icon

Dex entry:
This Blastoise really loves snow! And if there isn't enough snow at christmas, it just makes its own.
Lira

Post by Lira »

Option 1:
Spoiler:
Sketch:

Colored version:

VA version:

100x100 version:
Image Too small >.<

My other ideas:

Scraggy and Sewaddle patterns: