FAQ (PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)

Welcome to Virtuadopt community. Introduce yourself and say hello.
Shadow
Shadow

FAQ (PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)

Post by Shadow »

General
I have a question about how to do something on the forum.

Check the Forum FAQ before asking your question.

When do eggs hatch?
Eggs usually hatch between 5,000 and 10,000 steps. It varies between each egg.

How do I increase the number of steps that an egg has?
Click them, or have people click them for you.

How do I get a lot of money fast?
Clicking your own and other peoples virtual adoptables is the most guaranteed way to get money. There is a slight chance to win $1,000 from the slot machine every time you level something up too.

When do my Pokémon evolve?
It is random, just keep leveling them. It is usually between level 50 and 200.
If it is a Pokemon that requires a stone, you need to buy it and if it is a Pokemon that required trading, you need to trade it. Some Pokemon require equipping of a special item, and then trading.
There's more on that here

What is an everstone?
An everstone is a special item that prevents a Pokemon from evolving. People do this to their Pokemon in order to complete their Pokédex.

Unfortunately, I adopted a couple of adoptables before I joined the site. How do I put these onto my account?
Unless you saved the VC and ID numbers, you cannot add them to your account.

If you did go here and add them.

What is this "Add" function in the Pokémon Center?
If you adopt Virtuadopts before making an account, you may add them later. It can also be used to add adoptables from your friends instead of trading. However, we advise against doing this. Any lost adoptables will not be replaced.

Can I transfer my old Virtuadopt adoptables to here?
Nope. There are certain complications that prevent it.
A. Differences between old system/new system (database-wise).
B. Changing image rendering function, which makes old image-paths incompatible - so old links would not work;
C. Over 60 thousands of adoptables in earlier version, and IMO only small percent still had their codes written.
D. People abused the old system, which allowed people having adoptables on incredible high levels.

Can I post my adoptables on other sites?
Sure. Click exchange sites are only allowed if you don't use an automated visitor, that causes problems for the site.

How do I do it?
Explore > Pokemon Center > View / Edit Pokemon
Click on the Pokemon you want to put somewhere and copy the code that looks like this

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.virtuadopt.com/feed.php?id=7571][img]http://www.virtuadopt.com/images/adoptables/7571.png[/img][/url]
Make sure the site you are using allows you to put adoptables in posts/signatures![/i]

How do I put my adoptables at the bottom of my post like other users?
First you need to adopt an adoptable.
Then go to Explore > Pokemon Center > View / Edit Pokemon at the main site
Click on the adoptable you want to add to your signature and copy and paste the Virtuadopt code.
Then, on the forum, go to User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Signature
Finally, just copy and paste the code into the box and hit submit.

How can I get the password to Team Rocket's Hideout?
Every time you click a Virtuadopt, you see the slot machine at the bottom. Every so often, you have a chance to win additional money, additional mart items, and even those passwords, which you may exchange to special promotionals at Team Rocket's Hideout.

What promo adoptables are/were available?

VA Birthday Pikachu
RETIRED
Birthday Pikachu was released on July 2009. It was obtainable for a whole year on your birthday.
Now, after one year, it won't be available anymore.

Adoptable
Birthday Togepi
AVAILABLE
Birthday Togepi was released on April 1st of 2012. It is obtainable only after 365 days from registration, on your VirtuAdopt account's birthday and for 7 days after.
E.G. If you joined on 20.08.2011, you may obtain a Birthday Charmander between 20.08.2012 and 27.08.2012.

Adoptable
Shiny Mew
RETIRED
Shiny Mew is a promo adoptable that was released to celebrate the opening of the site on April 1st of 2009.

Adoptable
Mew
RETIRED
Mew is a promo adoptable that was received upon posting in the forums. It was received completely randomly; forum games were excluded from the possibility to win. Spammers may get blacklisted, and never get one at all.

Celebi
RETIRED
Celebi is a promo adoptable that was received upon posting in the forums.
After Mew retired, Celebi replaced it and is now available.
It was received completely randomly; forum games were excluded from the possibility to win. Spammers may get blacklisted, and never get one at all.

Adoptable
Manaphy
RETIRED
Manaphy is a promo adoptable that is received upon posting in the forums.
After Celebi retired, Manaphy replaced it and is now available.
It is received completely randomly; forum games are excluded from the possibility to win. Spammers may get blacklisted, and never get one at all.)

Adoptable
Victini
AVAILABLE
Victini is a promo adoptable that is received upon posting in the forums.
After Manaphy retired, Victini replaced it and is now available.
It is received completely randomly; forum games are excluded from the possibility to win. Spammers may get blacklisted, and never get one at all.)

Adoptable
Mewtwo
RETIRED
Mewtwo is a promo adoptable that was released to everyone who entered the first contest, Draw a Birthday Pikachu. It was also possible to get one via participation in our Occasional Arcade Contests.

Adoptable
Kyogre
RETIRED
Kyogre is a promo adoptable that can be obtained via participating and achieving a Top 10 position in our Weekly Arcade Contests.

Adoptable
Groudon
RETIRED
Groudon is a promo adoptable that can be obtained via participating and achieving a Top 10 position in our Weekly Arcade Contests.

Adoptable
Rayquaza
RETIRED
Rayquaza is a promo adoptable that can be obtained via participating and achieving a Top 10 position in our Weekly Arcade Contests.

Adoptable
Jirachi
RETIRED
Jirachi is a promo adoptable that can be obtained via participating and achieving a the Top 10 position in our Weekly Arcade Contests.

Adoptable
Shaymin
RETIRED
Shaymin is a promo adoptable that was given to the users who presented a good quality entry in the Easter Food Contest.
Shaymin was re-released later. For a short time, you had a chance to win (up to five) Shaymin when winning the Hangman game.

AdoptableAdoptable
Lugia and Ho-oh
RETIRED
Lugia and Ho-oh are promo adoptables that were obtained by playing the Virturaffle and being lucky enough to win them.

AdoptableAdoptable
Latias and Latios
RETIRED
Latias and Latios were promo adoptables that could be obtained by playing the Virturaffle and being lucky enough to win them.

AdoptableAdoptable
Dialga and Palkia
RETIRED
Dialga and Palkia are promo adoptables that could be obtained by playing the Virturaffle and being lucky enough to win them.

AdoptableAdoptable
Reshiran and Zekrom
AVAILABLE
Reshiran and Zekrom are promo adoptables that can be obtained by playing the Virturaffle and being lucky enough to win them.

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Deoxys N, Deoxys A, Deoxys D, and Deoxys S
RETIRED
Deoxys Normal Form is a promo adoptable that could be obtained by guessing the correct number between 1 and 100 in the Guess the Number game.
At the lab, Deoxys can change into it's other three Forms (Attack, Defense, Speed) for the price of $10,000.

Adoptable
Manaphy
RETIRED
Manaphy is a promo adoptable that could be obtained by guessing the correct number between 1 and 100 in the Guess the Number game.

Adoptable
Darkrai
AVAILABLE
Darkrai is a promo adoptable that can be obtained by guessing the correct number between 1 and 100 in the Guess the Number game.

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres
RETIRED
The three legendary birds were available and unlockable when you matched three Pikachu on the slot machine you see every time you level up an adoptable. They were also available by entering the External Site Event #1 and clicking 120 ads.

Raikou, Entei, and Suicune
RETIRED
The three legendary beasts replaced the birds after they retired, so they were available as well from the slot machine. They were available by entering the External Site Event #1 and clicking 120 ads.

ImageImageImage
Shiny Articuno, Shiny Zapdos, and Shiny Moltres
RETIRED
They were available by entering the External Site Event #1 and clicking 300 ads.

Regirock, Regice, and Registeel
RETIRED
The three legendary golems replaced the beasts after they retired, so they were available as well from the slot machine.

Adoptable
Regigigas
AVAILABLE
This Pokemon is available in the Snow Temple
You must use a Regirock, Regice and Registeel to capture this Pokemon. Once you capture Regigigas, the Regirock, Regice, and Registeel return to normal, at least so it appears. (their lights are OFF, therefore making them null and void to use again)

Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf
RETIRED
The three legendary guardians replaced the golems after they retired, so they are now available as well from the slot machine.

Zekrom, Reshiram, and Zorua
RETIRED
These three Pokémon were available for one week when the B&W was released in Japan.

Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus
AVAILABLE
The three legendary kamis replaced the guardians after they retired, so they are now available from the slot machine.

Adoptable
Arceus
AVAILABLE
Arceus is a promo adoptable that also is available and unlockable when you matched three Pikachu on the slot machine you see every time you level up an adoptable. Though it can only be won by clicking adoptables in the Click Exchange.
You may have noticed colored plates appearing randomly all over the site. You can collect those plates by simply clicking them. These plates can be used to change Arceus's appearance.

Adoptable
Heatran
AVAILABLE
Heatran is a promo adoptable that can be won by playing the Crops game.

Adoptable
Cresselia
RETIRED
Cresselia is a promo adoptable that can be won by playing the Match game.

The winning screen looks as followed:

If you navigate away from it, you lose your promo. Pay attention!

There are also promos that have been released for holidays, shown in the Special Dex. All of these were available for a short time only and have been retired since then. There will be more in the future though, so stay tuned!

I clicked like a billion adopts today. How come I haven't received a promo!?
The exact chances of receiving a promo from the slot is a secret, but it is very low.

Why is Pokémon X/ the special form of Y not available yet?
Patience is a virtue. We are working on special forms.

Will they be genderspecific differences?
We will not add genderspecific differences between Pokémon, when they aren't already there.

How does the Raffle work?
You can find the raffle here.
Every three hours you can win a special Promo which is chosen randomly.
To enter the raffle, you need to buy a ticket. Or two. Or three..
The more tickets you have, the higher is your chance to win, but it's no guarantee.
One ticket costs 50$.
During special events, the raffle time may changes to another time period.
The will receive a Private message with a code and is listed in the raffle winner list as soon as the winner is chosen.

What Pokémon can I win in the raffle?
You can currently win one of these VirtuAdopts:
AdoptableAdoptable
Reshiram and Zekrom

What are Monthly Eggs?
Monthly Eggs are available on special occassions. We plan to release them on a regular basis.
You can adopt these on the Adopt Page.
You can only adopt one in three hours and 20 (30 for Premium Users) at max.
They will all hatch on a specific day. Leveling will increase your chance of them being special.
Monthlies cannot be traded in their Egg status and cannot be donated to the Trading Point either.

What is the Trading Point?
You can donate Pokémon here and adopt previously donated Pokémon.
The offered Pokémon you can adopt is chosen randomly and can be changed every two minutes.

What is a Custom Adoptable?
Custom Adoptables are special Virtuadopts that belong to the staff members. They have the "Custom" medal and are able to be clicked and leveled . Only they own the adoptable, and no one else on VA has the same one. Here is a list of all the current customs and who they belong to:

Adoptable
Ellie

Adoptable
Liirah

Adoptable
sethless

Adoptable
Shadow

Adoptable
Siegj

Adoptable
SpoonyBard

Adoptable
stream

Adoptable
Venomoth

Adoptable
Nautilus

Adoptable
Ukesora

Adoptable
stefanol

Adoptable
yankeesrule3526

That's it for right now, but I'll edit some in later. If you have anything that should be added PM me.