favorite television program?

Here come all discussion on various topics.
Tombery

Re: favorite television program?

Post by Tombery »

Haha, I did the exact same thing on weekends as you :D
But other than you, I'm still a cartoon junkie, and since everything else has a tendency to get me down nowadays, I'm constantly watching Disney Channel all day : x
Last edited by Tombery on January 26th, 2023, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

Tombery wrote: January 25th, 2023, 11:00 am Haha, I did the exact same thing on weekends as you :D
But other than you, I'm still a cartoon junkie, and since everything else has a tendency to get me down nowadays, I'm constantly watching Disney Channel all day :x
same, Disney stuff still enlightens my mood, precious childhood memories^^.
Its a good thing i don't have Disney Channel or Netflix, otherwise i would maybe binge watching too x D in my case this would quickly take a toll on my sleeping schedule and concentration during the day...

to avoid this i only watch Disney Channel or Netflix when i'm at a friends home. but i have a huge DVD collection of all Disney movies ever released. usually i choose one of them for the weekend. but beside i rarely watch regular tv program, dunno, somehow i consider it being boring. Netflix and Disney Channel would be way more interesting but i'am too afraid to become addicted x D
AdoptableAdoptable
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

Sabbo wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:42 am i loved getting up as early as 5 o clock in the morning to watch the first cartoons of the day. shows like Captain future, Scooby Doo, Ducktales, Bionic six, Turtles, Ghostbusters, Turboboy or Dino Saucers.
Great, now I'll have the bionic six theme stuck in my head for days XD
I watched a lot of TV when I was a kid aswell (actually everything you listed, Turboboy is the only one I don't know). I miss those days of waking up on weekends, turning on the TV and hoping that your favorite show hadn't been pushed to a new time slot XD And then watching 2 shows you didn't even like that much, just because you wanted to see the one that came after that! Kind of stupid, but still fun.
Nowadays I don't have that much time and while I still have a soft spot for cartoons and stuff like that there aren't many modern shows I actually like. I stumbled upon Star Trek prodigy a couple of weeks ago and was very sceptical about it but it actually turned out to be a pretty solid show (and a lot better than the last live action Star Trek stuff I've seen). Sadly it's now on yet another streaming service.
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

Cyrrior wrote: January 25th, 2023, 10:57 pm
Sabbo wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:42 am i loved getting up as early as 5 o clock in the morning to watch the first cartoons of the day. shows like Captain future, Scooby Doo, Ducktales, Bionic six, Turtles, Ghostbusters, Turboboy or Dino Saucers.
Great, now I'll have the bionic six theme stuck in my head for days XD
I watched a lot of TV when I was a kid aswell (actually everything you listed, Turboboy is the only one I don't know). I miss those days of waking up on weekends, turning on the TV and hoping that your favorite show hadn't been pushed to a new time slot XD And then watching 2 shows you didn't even like that much, just because you wanted to see the one that came after that! Kind of stupid, but still fun.
Nowadays I don't have that much time and while I still have a soft spot for cartoons and stuff like that there aren't many modern shows I actually like. I stumbled upon Star Trek prodigy a couple of weeks ago and was very sceptical about it but it actually turned out to be a pretty solid show (and a lot better than the last live action Star Trek stuff I've seen). Sadly it's now on yet another streaming service.
Hehehe sorry not sry...i can also still sing the whole intro without faltering.

Oops, i got it wrong, it is Turbo Teen...about a boy who crashed into a secret lab with his car. there was an experiment currently on going and the boy was accidently fused with his car. he was unharmed but left with side effects, him turning into a car everytime he touches hot water if i remember right...cold water turned him back to his human look.
gosh, i now notice how silly the plot sounds but as a child i loved it x D

yeaaaah, i miss those days too, just worrying about what cartoon is up next. when there was a show my little sister and i didn't like (Kangoo for example) my sister was really quickhanded with the remote, finding another show we liked better.

we also used to watch TV when coming home from school. it was one of the things i was really looking forward although my mother tended to cut it short because....homework had to be done, bleh...but we really enjoyed anime like Phantom Thief Jeanne, Kickers, Spank's new adventures or Samurai Pizzacats on RTL II.

same, so far i didn't find a modern cartoon i like, so sticking to the vintage ones. i'am kind of sensitive when it comes to newer versions of the cartoons i loved days back. especially when they had a makeover in style.

Uhm yeah Star Trek, i grew up with Captain Kirk and the Enterprise, it was my father's favorite tv show and he even recorded it on tape for us. as a toddler i was fascinated with the noises of the spaceship doors, the alarm and some technical gadgets of the crew. days back i barely understood the show, i was too young but i rewatched most of the episodes later and enjoyed them.
AdoptableAdoptable
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

Hell's Kitchen, Big Bang Theory, Kitchen Nightmares, Lucifer, Stargate SG-1 (seasons 1-8)
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage