Advent Calendar 2022

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Amalia

Re: Advent Calendar 2022

Post by Amalia »

Oh ok thanks :)
So it's just random clicking through virtuadopt till a present pops up^^
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
♥ Avatar made by Akemie
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Yep!
Maybe avoid CE, CE is too fast to show presents, so these would count as missed.
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

How long can we find the presents? I'm on some sort of short holidays until sunday and can mostly only use the CE, otherwise I need to check if my laptop can handle Va too I guess..
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Last day of December should end all events regarding advent calendar.
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

Ok that would be nice, because even when I could do it on my laptop I forgot to take a mouse with me and without a normal mouse normal clicking is not very possible for me. Don't know how to open tabs with the laptop integrated mousepad thing.
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
griggio

Post by griggio »

If I miss the present, will it appear in the backroom?

I've clicked more than 2k times, got 2 congratz but no present so far...

am I missing something?

there is people with like 500 clicks and 20 promos

edit: I guess I was just unlucky, got 4 in like 100 clicks now :?
Adoptable         Image          Adoptable
buschb

Post by buschb »

griggio wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 2:50 am If I miss the present, will it appear in the backroom?

I've clicked more than 2k times, got 2 congratz but no present so far...

am I missing something?

there is people with like 500 clicks and 20 promos

edit: I guess I was just unlucky, got 4 in like 100 clicks now :?
It's been close to 8k clicks for me and the only rewards i've gotten are the guarenteed sneasler promos..
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Yes, it should pop up in the backroom as a missed promo if you're using the CE.

@buschb
It isn't visible in CE. You could try clicking manually and check the tabs throuroughly, I noticed it pops up on banners, slot maschine image or other weird locations..
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

As far as I know the CE doesn't give you gifts because the site does not reload while clicking. The CE-page itself can have a gift on it when you reload the page. Hard to explain >w< I personally clicked a bit and clicked around the site.
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
griggio

Post by griggio »

Yeah, I clicked 2k times by hand, not in the CE.

Turns out I was just unlucky ^_^
Adoptable         Image          Adoptable
Trafalgar-Tachibana

Post by Trafalgar-Tachibana »

Akemie wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 1:04 pm As far as I know the CE doesn't give you gifts because the site does not reload while clicking. The CE-page itself can have a gift on it when you reload the page. Hard to explain >w< I personally clicked a bit and clicked around the site.
Can I click on random sites, e.g. forum pages, or should it be single Pokemon pages from users with a slot machine?
Eckikiki

Post by Eckikiki »

I am currently encountering the problem that I get random error messages and can not reload it and I honestly suspect with the quantity it might be whenever a gift pops up. But it's hilarious despite having thousands of clicks and 3 congratz I did not get a single promo in there this entire month I dunno whether to laugh or cry haha. Do those gifts only pop up when feeding and could there be to uhm get around the error message?
Syiren

Post by Syiren »

Is the Stantler still around? I've been clicking around like crazy and the only two I have were the one's I had to pay the backroom for last night. And I'll be honest, not getting a head's up about what to look for and then seeing the backroom price get a 2.5x increase wasn't very fun.

I'm not trying to complain, but I feel we should have been told the price would increase beforehand.

The point of this calendar is to have fun, right? Loading random pages hoping the rng drops a gift, and hoping you don't miss it so you don't have to burn $25K is more stressful than fun.

Looking at the dex for it, I see many aren't having trouble finding it, which makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong? I've barely been on the CE today, but that will change later because I need to make back the $50K I spent.

I'm not trying to be a sour sport, I love this calendar event as a whole, but today's event has not been fun. And please don't make the backroom $25K price permanent. That's almost triple its original price.

I am so sorry if this comes off as very negative, I don't mean it that way. I'm just expressing my honest thoughts, and I'm not always the best with words. I'm thankful the staff work as hard as they do to keep this great site running.
Spoiler:
ImageAdoptableImage
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

I just opened tabs with random adopts, checked if there was a gift and closed them if not (or clicked the gift if there was one).
I don't know on which pages gifts can spawn. I only know that people got them when opening pokemon to click them, after feeding them and in the Team Rocket Hideout.
I am pretty sure gifts can't appear in the forums. But only Yankee knows >w<

What also helps me finding the gifts is zooming all way out of the page. That way the gift boxes appear next to the page on the flower-pattern background and are easy to spot.
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Eckikiki

Post by Eckikiki »

Syiren wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 9:03 pm
Looking at the dex for it, I see many aren't having trouble finding it, which makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong? I've barely been on the CE today, but that will change later because I need to make back the $50K I spent.
I have not once had any luck anywhere, not a single package and it's getting frustrating. Not having promo drops for months and i dunno if i am specifically cursed because my average clicking is between 500-1500 pokemon a day or if it's not sufficient.

I also very much appreciate the fun parts of the calendar, but i am not having fun with any of the promo drops or luck based things because man i do not have luck. I truly miss the puzzles and i hope they have a comeback one day, because i like the reliable: Solve a thing get a thing and puzzles are fun. Otherwise the calendar is beautiful. I just wish i was less cursed and it were a bit more relaxed because the holiday season is already so stressful haha
Tango

Post by Tango »

The gifts have a chance to randomly appear on page load so the CE is not a good place to hunt for them since it doesn't reload the page. It's just like the old 'gather materials' events from years before, though now for rapid clicking CE doesn't reload pages.

If you miss one it does appear in the Backroom.

The backroom's price was probably increased for the same reason egg credits requirement increased: clicking becoming much more rapid from the server upgrade. It was not increased for this event.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
buschb

Post by buschb »

some people have 40+ deer and I can't even find *one*...and no I haven't missed one either...
Tango

Post by Tango »

They are rather frustratingly easy to miss and really work against the speed upgrades. I've missed 3 and just don't have that sort of cash and won't be building it up over the holidays. While I understand the general update to the Backroom cost it would have been a nice bonus to have kept it at 10k during this event.

Or, to have the gift codes sent in a Message to you so it doesn't feel punishing for trying to enjoy the not-lagginess of VA now
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Umbregrl

Post by Umbregrl »

Can"t find one deer either...
ImageImageImageImage
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

“You lied for me.” Sprigatito stated, when the conductor was out of hearing range. “I’ve been mean to you, but you lied for me, and now you are forbidden to eat more cookies until we reach Glaseado Mountain.”
Fuecoco shrugged, as far as it was possible with his physique. “I didn’t want you to get in trouble for pulling the brake.”
“And you? You could have blown the whistle on me.” she looked at Quaxly.
“That wouldn’t be in the spirit of Christmas.” he said.
“But lying is?”
“Fine, next time I won’t save your fluffy tail. Happy now?” he rolled his eyes.
“No… I just… ugh… Thank you!” she sighed.
A smile became visible on his face. “You’re welcome.”

The Glaseado Express was dashing inexorably through the snowy scenery, until Glaseado Mountain became visible in the distance.
All three Pokémon in the compartment were awestruck from the sight that presented itself to them. And the train didn’t stop at the foot of the mountain. It went straight up the steep, pushing the friends into their seats. Sprigatito glanced at the egg that she still held by her side, but it was just as motionless as it had been for the whole ride. Maybe, whatever was inside, hadn’t survived the cold of the snow.
And then, the train stopped.
The door to their compartment opened, and the conductor entered. “We’ve reached our destination! I hope you’re ready to visit the toy factory and afterward, you’re going to meet Santa!”
“I was hatched ready!” Quaxly whispered with glittering eyes.
“Okay, let’s see if this Santa Claus is real after all!” Sprigatito said with a challenging tone in her voice.
The conductor seemed to notice the red egg next to Sprigatito. “You should take that with you, if it is yours.”
“Of course!” she said and put it on her back again.

They had left the Glaseado Express behind them and wandered through the snow that covered the plateau of the mountaintop. Determined, the conductor led the way, and the three young Pokémon followed him.
“Behold!” he announced and made a powerful gesture with his clawed hands. “Santa’s toy factory!”
The massive building seemingly appeared out of nowhere in front of him, and he opened the door.
“What happened here?” Sprigatito heard him whispering to himself as his facial expression slipped.
The toy factory was in shambles. Broken toys covered the floor, and no soul was in sight.
Then he turned around to the three. “You stay here! I’ll have to go check on some things.” With that, he ran off, and left the three Pokémon standing in the entrance of the factory.
"It's getting cold out here. We should go inside." Quaxly decided and the others agreed.

The huge hall was filled with strange-looking machines and conveyor belts, some of which still moved but didn't have anything on them to convey. And the whole room was decorated with tinsel. The Duckling Pokémon ran over to the next best piece that lied on the ground, picked it up and threw it over his shoulder. "How do I look?" he chattered with excitement.
"Amazing!" Fuecoco said and tried to applaud him, but his arms were too short for that.
Sprigatito strolled to Quaxly and picked one end of the tinsel up and put it on his head. "Now you look great!" she smiled. "Let's find a mirror, so you can see what you look like!"
On their way through the factory, the three picked up different things. Quaxly found a star-shaped Christmas tree topper and a bag with candy and a Kirlia plush in it.
Fuecoco's bag had a Toxel plush, and he found what he thought to be big, ball-shaped cookies. Before any of the others could tell him that those were Christmas baubles, he had already stuffed the Pokéball-looking bauble into his mouth and tried to chew on it. Fortunately, the material was sturdy enough to withstand the first bite, and he then spit it out a little disappointed.
Sprigatito’s bag had a Dedenne plush in it, and she also found two decorated Christmas baubles that she played with for a while.
All three of them and even the mysterious egg, which Sprigatito still carried, were covered in tinsel, when they entered the next hall of the factory. In this room, presents piled up until under the ceiling. And somewhere, way above them, there was something moving in the pile.
“Did you see that?” Sprigatito asked.
“What?” Fuecoco asked.
“I swear there was a movement in the pile.” she said.
“I don’t see anything.” Quaxly replied.
“Now it’s gone.” she squinted, but couldn’t see anything moving.
“Ah, there you are!” they heard the conductor’s voice behind them. “I’m sorry for the chaos this miscreant has caused.”
The three Pokémon turned around and saw the conductor standing there, having grabbed a Pokémon by its harness. The Pokémon looked a lot like a Stantler, but somehow slightly different. Just like the conductor looked a lot like a Sneasel, but different. And the Stantler-like creature’s antlers were completely entangled in fairy lights.
"It's not that Chloé isn't a good girl, she is just easily startled. And when the fairy lights she loves so much suddenly won't come off of her anymore, she easily panics. But look at her. She trained so hard to get the job, and with the lights on her, the boss even agreed on letting her fly the sleigh instead of Rudolph this year. We can't be mad at little Chloé, can we? Even if she destroyed half of the toy factory…" he told them through gritted teeth.
They looked at the Stantler-like Pokémon that had her head hanging low, apparently in shame. "She is precious!" Quaxly exclaimed.
“Yes, she is.” the conductor nodded. “But without supervision, she’ll cause chaos again, so she is staying with us now. Are y’all ready to meet Santa Claus?”
“Stop asking if I’m ready, just take us to him already!” Quaxly almost burst with excitement.
“Of course, little duckling, of course.” he smiled and took them with him again.
Sprigatito’s doubts were gone. This giant toy factory had to be proof of Santa being real. And she was about to meet him! She tried to contain her excitement as well as she could, but inside she felt really nervous. Santa would know about her being a non-believer. Would he be mad at her?
The conductor led them through the big hall in which the presents piled up and into another smaller, but Christmas-themed decorated hall with a single empty armchair at the end of it. He checked his pocket watch. “He should be here any minute now.” he said, and Sprigatito noticed a smidgen of nervousness in his voice. “Just you wait!”
And so they waited. In the first few minutes, Sprigatito thought that Santa was just late and that he would show up sooner or later. Probably later.
In the next hour, even Quaxly stopped bobbing up and down with excitement. Fuecoco stated that he was getting hungry again. And Sprigatito kept looking at the door, the only entrance to the room. If Santa was real, he had to be coming through that door.
She heard the conductor checking on his pocket watch once again. This was the third time in ten minutes now. And he seemed to be getting more and more nervous.
Only Chloé was happily munching away at some hay that had apparently been placed there just for her.
“Where are all the elves?” Quaxly’s curious voice broke the silence.
“Elves?” the conductor asked.
“The Christmas Elves! The ones that help with fabricating the toys and getting them ready for Santa to deliver! We have seen the toy factory, but there were no elves!” he explained.
“Ohh, the Christmas Elves.” the conductor said, as if he remembered just now. “They are on vacation already. They have worked all year, and now they indulge in their well-deserved rest.”
“Bollocks!” Sprigatito couldn’t take it anymore. With every minute that had passed, her newfound belief vanished further, and the conductor’s obvious lie about the elves was the straw that broke the Numel’s back. “This was just a ruse to get us three here to Glaseado Mountain to… I don’t even know why he brought us here! But clearly there is no Santa Claus, just like there are no Elves. If you want to stay here and believe his lies, feel free to do so. But I’m going home!” she announced and marched towards the door.
Quaxly and Fuecoco stood there, shocked by her sudden emotional upsurge.
When she didn’t stop at the open door, the conductor ran after her. “Please wait little one, I’m sure Santa will show up soon with a good explanation on what took him so long!”
“You lied to me!” she shouted angrily at him, while turning around a little too mindless. A sudden audible Crack next to her made her realize that she had dropped the egg that she had carried on her back. “Oh no…” she whispered, too scared to look at it…