A Strange Facility has Appeared

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

A Strange Facility has Appeared

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

While taking a trip through the woods, you discovered a strange-looking facility. Its old walls seem to be partially perforated and through the cracks and holes emanates a gloomy aura which makes the building look like it is flickering.

Cautiously you move closer, and as you do, the door of the facility slams open. A surprised blink later, and you find yourself inside what looks like an abandoned laboratory. The uncomfortable feeling of getting watched is creeping up your spine, but as you turn around to leave, the door is gone. Instead, there are machines all around you. Monitors which had been dark before now spring to life. And all of them are showing the same message: “Free me!!!”

In the light of the screens you can see a tattered journal, next to a machine that has a big, round hole in it.
You take the tattered journal in both hands and open it up.
ImageImage
Day 1:
My name is Dr. Victor, and I’m leading a small group of scientists. From our research in the Galar region, we found that there is a way to bring fossils back to life, even when it’s two halves of fossils that clearly don’t fit each other. This raised the question, if we could combine two living Pokémon into one.

Our scientists worked day and night for years, trying to create the machine called PokéFuse. And today, we are finally able to run our very first tests!

We have placed the two subjects in chamber #1 and #2 and are ready for testing. For our first tests, we are using a Pokémon that was rumored to be a human once.

---------
Day 3:
It took us a whole day to clean the result tank. We don’t know where we made a mistake, nor how we can prevent it from happening again. But we can use the time it takes to deliver us two new test subjects, to look into the data once more.

---------
Day 26:
We’re burning through test subjects way too fast. But whenever we press the button to fuse the two Pokémon in the test chambers, we are getting power problems and the process stops midway, leaving us with beings that are unable to live on their own. This has happened every single time so far, no matter how big or small the test Pokémon were. We need to find another source of power for this machine to behave the way we intended it to.

When you check on your adopts, you notice that they have become agitated. The strange aura surrounding this place must have gotten to them as well. Especially some Psychic individuals seem to react highly sensitive to this place.

---------
Day 115:
A skilled trainer helped us out by catching the Pokémon that is going to solve our energy problems once and for all.
Our first fused Pokémon didn’t look amazing, but it breathed on its own for half an hour, before it seemingly got a panic attack and died in the arms of our scientists. Maybe not being used to having two minds in just one brain is a problem we should tackle before continuing our research.

---------
Day 123:
We’ve found a way. Yes, it might take longer for the results to be visible, but fusing two Pokémon into eggs helps with stabilizing their mental state.

---------
Day 136:
Now that we successfully created our first stable fusion, our scientists are overly ambitious to create fusions of their favorite Pokémon for themselves. But since the Daycare and several other trainers are now refusing to work with us, we can only pick one pair of Pokémon to create a fusion of. We have yet to decide which Pokémon we want to fuse together, and only the greatest minds are allowed to choose their favorite pair:
Contest Topic

---------
Day 137:
One of our scientists accidentally (at least he said so) left a bag of candy in the second chamber of the PokéFuse. It shouldn’t have been possible to activate it with just one Pokémon, yet here we are with an egg that feels like… jelly. It smells sweet, but we forbade our scientists to eat it, as there is clearly something moving inside it. We are trying to repeat the same process a couple of times to see if the result is going to change.

You look up from the journal as you notice a movement in the corner of your eye. The surrounding room has changed. It is a hallway now, with 20 doors left and right from you. The doors have windows, and when you take a look inside you can see the jelly-looking egg that the journal has talked about. The doors aren’t locked.
Do you open one and take an egg?

>> Open the door, take an egg <<

You adopted the jelly-looking egg. Take good care of it, and it might hatch soon.

There are still more doors to open, and the scenery doesn’t seem to change, no matter what you do.

>> Open another door, take another egg <<

The door is locked. A shiver runs down your spine as you hear a whispering voice: “Don’t get greedy. Take care of the other egg first that you just got. Come back later to get another one.”

---------
You open the journal once again:

Day 143:
Our scientists came up with a lot of great test subjects for creating a new Pokémon. They still haven’t decided on which pair to put into the chambers, so we’ll give them another week to vote for their favorite couple:

Fusion Poll Topic

Day 144:
Some other scientist couldn’t wait and dropped his favorite couple into the chambers. This idiot put the same Pokémon in both chambers and hit the button without giving a second thought! And apparently, he didn’t do it just once!
We locked the resulting eggs away so that no one would get to see the abominations he has created in his madness!

Day 146:
The monitors are doing weird stuff. At first, they flickered and turned on and off on their own, but now they are showing cryptic messages. “Free me!!!” is written all over the screens. When we rebooted the systems, everything was back to normal. Is this the work of our power source?

Day 148:
We thought, we could meddle with nature, creating our very own Pokémon. But we have awoken the wrath of a being older than time, in search for energy to power the PokéFuse with. An ancient being that doesn't want to get used. It's toying with our minds, showing us visions of distorted Pokémon bodies. We are plagued by twisted nightmares, and we aren't able to tell apart right or wrong anymore. Am I even writing this down, or is this just another vision haunting me?

Once more, the surrounding room changes. Another hallway with 20 locked doors lies ahead. “Free them!!!” is written all over the walls in big letters.
More eggs are in these rooms, looking completely different from the jelly ones. They look… weird. Dark. Scary.
“Free them!” a voice in your head whispers.

>> Open the door, take an egg <<

You adopted the scary-looking egg. Take good care of it, and it might hatch soon.

There are still more doors to open, and the scenery doesn’t seem to change, no matter what you do.

>> Open another door, take another egg <<

The door is locked. A shiver runs down your spine as you hear a whispering voice: “Give me some time to unlock the next door. Come back later to free another egg.”

---------
The doors vanish in front of your eyes, and you are back in the machine room, with the one that still has the big, round hole. You take another look into the journal:

Day 151:
We were blinded by our own hubris. We should have known better than to mess with the creator, who has found a way to loosen its shackles. Too late we noticed that whenever we used the machine, a part of its power escaped and corrupted the minds of my scientists further. And after the Jerry-incident, I have removed the button and hid it. The machine may never be used again, so that the creator would be bound to its prison for all eternity. We can’t risk that it breaks free and gets its revenge on us.
I’m sorry for the poor scientist who wanted to see their chosen creation coming to life, but it is too dangerous. Especially after what they have done already.
We will abandon this laboratory now. This is my last entry. May the name Dr. Victor never be forgotten.

All the monitors are shining bright now. On each of them is blinking the message “Free me!!!” in black letters.
And in front of you, the light in the machine room is flickering. You can see two silhouettes moving in the chambers of the PokéFuse.
You look into your hands again that are still holding the journal. Only that the journal has ceased to be a journal. It is a big, round button now. Mechanically, like a puppet on strings, you place the button in the hole that was made for it.
“Do it!” the whispering voice commands you.

>> Push the button <<

Lightning shakes the machine, and you have to avert your eyes not to be blinded by the bright flashes. When the machine calms down after a couple of minutes, an egg has formed in the tank in front of you.
You adopted the mysterious looking egg. Take good care of it, and it might hatch soon.

Both Pokémon in the chambers still seem to be alive and well.

>> Push the button again <<

It clicks, but nothing happens. Suddenly, you hear the whispering voice once again: “The machine needs time to cool down, before you can use it again. Come back later to try anew.”

---------
No matter how often you press the button, the machine isn’t reacting anymore. The power seems to be gone. But the strange aura surrounding this place is still there. You touch the button once more, when you hear the voice, this time not whispering, but clearly from behind you: “Don’t turn around. You aren’t ready to see me yet. Thank you for freeing me from my prison. This deed won’t be forgotten. Don’t search for me. One day, I will find you and compensate you generously. Keep my children as yours. You are not like the others. With you, they are in good hands.”

The aura vanishes, and you turn around and try to catch a glimpse of who or what has spoken to you, but at that moment you find yourself back in the forest, and the old facility is nowhere to be seen…
You check on your adopts, and they seem way more calm now. It looks like the effect that the building had on them has worn off.

On your way home, you think about what just happened. It seems like no time has passed at all, yet you feel like you have been gone for weeks. Has all of this just been a dream? No! You have proof that it was real in the form of these strange new adopts you have gotten.

So what was it then? You can’t figure it out. Or can you?
Thalassa

Re: A Strange Facility has Appeared

Post by Thalassa »

Oh boy! Looks like a new event is beginning! I can't wait to see what will happen the next few days, I will be keeping my eyes open for tomorrows update! :D
Atherem

Post by Atherem »

Oooooo, if those are the event promos I so want both; shiny an non-shiny. Cause I can name one Jekyll and the other Hyde!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
I have a ton of Pokemon in my Extra Boxes, that I need to get rid of.
If you want any, please don't hesitate to DM me.
Spoiler for Credits:
Mini Dragon Forum Avatar ©Cheitora
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

I'm glad I already have Dr. Victor from the Event in 2012, but nonetheless nice to see another event that doesn't involve the raffle^^
Yoshiki
Total in Love with derBhaal

Post by Yoshiki »

PokéFuse? Chamber #1 and #2? Oh I am so excited. Thank you very much, for this new event. :D
❤️ Sharing IP every day with my husband derBhaal . ❤️Image❤️
❤️
Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️
Ecco
** TROPIUS **

Post by Ecco »

ohhh cooool new promo.... i just saw one passing by in the ce does it mean we can find/create one already ?

thanks for all the work
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

TsukinoRan wrote: October 13th, 2022, 8:10 am I'm glad I already have Dr. Victor from the Event in 2012, but nonetheless nice to see another event that doesn't involve the raffle^^
Ha, thank you for clearing that up, I felt like I had seen this guy before, but I wasn't sure! XD (and he didn't age at all in those 10 years ... I bet there's something unnatural going on there! :P)

It's really cool to see these kind of events coming back, they were always pretty fun :)
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

Cyrrior wrote: October 13th, 2022, 6:37 pm
TsukinoRan wrote: October 13th, 2022, 8:10 am I'm glad I already have Dr. Victor from the Event in 2012, but nonetheless nice to see another event that doesn't involve the raffle^^
Ha, thank you for clearing that up, I felt like I had seen this guy before, but I wasn't sure! XD (and he didn't age at all in those 10 years ... I bet there's something unnatural going on there! :P)

It's really cool to see these kind of events coming back, they were always pretty fun :)
Yeah, I remember getting the shiny back then and he was one of the first I migrated X'D
and true, he didn't age at all in these 10 years X'D
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Day 3:
It took us a whole day to clean the result tank. We don’t know where we made a mistake, nor how we can prevent it from happening again. But we can use the time it takes to deliver us two new test subjects, to look into the data once more.

Check back tomorrow for the next entry...
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Post by blue4nic »

I like the story. I can't wait for the next entry...
I collect all Evolutions of this:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Touya

Post by Touya »

ohhhh i remember that promo!
Excited!
Image Image ImageImage Image

I collect: Growlithe, Girafarig, Electrike, Buizel, Sandile, Mudbray <3
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Post by blue4nic »

Now, I have one Dr. Victor see in the Click Exchange. ???
I collect all Evolutions of this:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Yoshiki
Total in Love with derBhaal

Post by Yoshiki »

Saw it to. But still no idea, what to put in the camber #2.
❤️ Sharing IP every day with my husband derBhaal . ❤️Image❤️
❤️
Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Day 26:
We’re burning through test subjects way too fast. But whenever we press the button to fuse the two Pokémon in the test chambers, we are getting power problems and the process stops midway, leaving us with beings that are unable to live on their own. This has happened every single time so far, no matter how big or small the test Pokémon were. We need to find another source of power for this machine to behave the way we intended it to.

When you check on your adopts, you notice that they have become agitated. The strange aura surrounding this place must have gotten to them as well. Especially some Psychic individuals seem to react highly sensitive to this place.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Day 115:
A skilled trainer helped us out by catching the Pokémon that is going to solve our energy problems once and for all.
Our first fused Pokémon didn’t look amazing, but it breathed on its own for half an hour, before it seemingly got a panic attack and died in the arms of our scientists. Maybe not being used to having two minds in just one brain is a problem we should tackle before continuing our research.
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: October 15th, 2022, 9:09 pm Our first fused Pokémon didn’t look amazing
In fact, they took several pictures of it and sold them to a company creating captchas x'D
Alive

Post by Alive »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: October 15th, 2022, 9:09 pm Day 115:
Our first fused Pokémon didn’t look amazing, but it breathed on its own for half an hour, before it seemingly got a panic attack and died in the arms of our scientists.
Creepy, now I'm wondering what it looked like (maybe something deformed and two-faced like prof. Quirell from HP) 😳

And @KitsuLeif, I can agree on that, those multi-beaked ducks are haunting me 🦆
Spoiler:
0 Rh(+)音隠れの里
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
In nomine patris et fillii et spiritus sancti
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

Day 123:
We’ve found a way. Yes, it might take longer for the results to be visible, but fusing two Pokémon into eggs helps with stabilizing their mental state.

Check back tomorrow for something exciting...
Atherem

Post by Atherem »

KitsuLeif wrote: October 16th, 2022, 10:21 am In fact, they took several pictures of it and sold them to a company creating captchas x'D
Now we all know where the pictures come from, I was beginning to wonder what's with all the cursed ducks. No more combining Duckletts with Psyducks!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
I have a ton of Pokemon in my Extra Boxes, that I need to get rid of.
If you want any, please don't hesitate to DM me.
Spoiler for Credits:
Mini Dragon Forum Avatar ©Cheitora
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

Atherem wrote: October 16th, 2022, 10:05 pm No more combining Duckletts with Psyducks!
Farfetch’d and Golduck should be fine though :>