What adopts did you import and why?

Talk here about Virtuadopt in general - comment updates, talk about your achievements, adoptables...
FairyPrincessCynthia

What adopts did you import and why?

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

Following from an earlier comment I made that got more attention than expected:
FairyPrincessCynthia wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 2:07 am This makes for an interesting psychological study into the minds of this site's users.

Is someone's priority the adopts that have some kind of personal or emotional meaning towards, or do they go for adopts that previously held the highest rarity on the legacy site?
Let's just turn it into a proper discussion, shall we?

At the time of this thread's original post, users are allowed to port over 5 regular adopts and 5 special pokedex adopts. Which adopts did you choose, and if you feel like sharing, why did you choose them?

I'll go first:
Warning: This spoiler is a long post.
Spoiler:
Adoptable
The motivating factor that made me join Virtuadopt in the first place was Ellie's Clefairy in her signature on another forum. A shiny one much like this one. I didn't care for Clefairy nearly as much as I do today. It turned from ironic hoarding to legitimate collecting. My Clefairy is a reminder of my roots in this community.

Adoptable
My precious Swampert. Before the advent of the Kalosian Pokedex and my current favorite Pokemon, my previous favorite Pokemon was Swampert. This Swampert was my first starter on Virtuadopt. She's spent so much time in the Click Exchange that she was in the top 15 highest levels on the site.

Adoptable
When I started a playthrough of Pokemon Sapphire, I was resetting natures to try and get a starter with a good nature. I ended up with some weird twist of fate rolling in my favor and getting a shiny Torchic. (Lax nature, unfortunately.) During that playthrough, I trained a Ralts for the first time and ended up loving how versatile he ended up being. Gardevoir eventually became one of my all time favorite Pokemon due to this and other adventure histories.

Adoptable
Milotic is an interesting one. During my first ever Ruby playthrough, I got brick walled by this one NPC who used a Milotic in battle. He held out for so long against my Swampert that the battle was impossible to forget. Milotic quickly became one of my favorites. The shiny especially so.

Adoptable
Sylveon is my all time favorite Pokemon. I've got multiple plushies and have used the ribbon fox in so many playthroughs at this point. I tried for a good long while to breed a shiny Eevee on this site to get a shiny Sylveon, to no success. This particular Sylveon was an Eevee I rescued from the trading point, and is the first Eevee I evolved into Sylveon when the Kalos Pokedex became available. A bit of trivia: The original owner of the Eevee was mauwie.

Adoptable
When the original run of Advent Garchomps rolled around, I got stupidly lucky and got so many of them that I started a colletion. I even got two separate shiny congratzes. I traded one off but kept the other. This is that other. So cool.

Adoptable
Back when Lady Puffy was released, I didn't have a PC to play Virtuadopt on. I was using a Nintendo Wii's internet browser. So when that contest was on the forums to win them, I couldn't even participate, and missed out. I spent a good long time trying to trade for one, and eventually succeeded. I love this adopt's design so much. The Meloetta theme just makes it work.

Adoptable
How could I forget about the time I taught all of you how to properly cook a Tauros in the oven? This Floette is a reminder of that recipe event.

Adoptable
One of the monthly eggs released in 2013 was something called Summer Eevee. Unlike most monthly designs, the shiny Summer Eevee isn't a simple palette swap of the regular one. The artist went with a winter theme. And to date, "Winter Eevee" is one of my favorite Eevee designs on the site.

Adoptable
I was working with another user to try and catalogue all of the "correct" answers to the Shadow Pokemon Quiz. You all know how much of a struggle that was. I never could get a Shadow Vulpix, but the person I was working with traded me one of theirs. Aesthetically, I love the design. Vulpix is, like the theme of a lot of Pokemon on this list, one of my favorite Pokemon, and I had a hard time choosing between it, Candy Cane Vulpix, and Arctic Ninetales.
Also, if you need more information as to what I mean by importing adopts, check out this thread: viewtopic.php?t=24010
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Re: What adopts did you import and why?

Post by KiraNear »

I did only migrate 3 pokemon atm, because it's hard to choose which to migrate or not^^°
But I can tell, why I choosed these three.

First, there ist my shiny rattata, which I named after my boyfriend's online name.

Adoptable

On the old VA page, my very first shiny was a rattata. Sadly, I lost it to a scam user and never got it back. But I got another one and this is like a replacement or something for this. So it was obvious for me to migrate it.

Second, I choosed Suicune, simply, because it's my favorite pokémon #1.

Adoptable

And third, the shiny Advent Fronzen Gible, here is the reason very simple: I saw it and nowadays I think Gible is very cute, so I just migrated because of that. There is no deeper meaning behind this.

Adoptable
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo »

Imported some of the Pokemon friends gifted to me first, Shiny Fennekin, Shiny Bulbasaur, Shiny Dratini and Shiny Magikarp. they are very special to me.
AdoptableAdoptable
Heili

Post by Heili »

my red bird it's my favorite poki

and others are just cute
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Jore

Post by Jore »

I find this interesting indeed, I hope more people will post here :O

For me it's simple q.q
Spoiler:
Adoptable
Butterfree is my #1 Favorite and my highest leveled Adopt, I always have one in my party at any Pokemon game I play if possible :D I also have a plushie for as long as I can remember which... O_O keeps watching me

Adoptable
So Shiny Butterfree came 2nd

Adoptable
Shiny Pikachu is a gift of personal value to me from a friend that has long left VA D:

AdoptableAdoptable
My two favorite legendaries which I leveled kinda high (Top1 at least)
At first I thought legendaries count towards the promo counter, but they didn't x'D

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
My 4 most favorite Special Dex adopts which I also leveled kinda high (Top1 again)
(My high leveled Easter Exeggcute (Kecleon Fanclub if someone remembers xD) is deleted forever unfortunately >_< )

Adoptable
And last is him, because I can't really have her without him, even tho he is not leveled at all q.q
Dragonclaw

Post by Dragonclaw »

Vuldoom. It feels like a super popular and overrated Pokémon somehow - maybe that's just me. But for me it is extremely special. I played this game offline, without an account here, in 2010, when I was 12 years old. I adopted eggs and put them in a forum where some people would help me to hatch them. When I adopted eggs, I saw Vuldoom on the front page and was absolutely in love with it. Eventually someone explained it to me, that I can just copy and past it to have it on my profile too, it was, I'd guess, stefanol's Vuldoom, when he would post it to get people to take part of the Halloween contest. :3 I was sooo proud to "have" that little fella, because for me, having it on my profile was equal to owning it myself. Making new accounts at different websites was scary, but I eventually found the courage to finally create an account here and was determind to get my hands to my VERY OWN Vuldoom. It took me forever, I think, 7 years? To finally get one with the promo star, not the second star. It was very important for me that it is original. It felt like a dream come true when it finally happen and I still can't believe it. <3
Adoptable

Lycanroc.
Oh, I remember how much I hated th Night Form when it was announced. It's ugly. Day form so much better. Don't like it. Why.
Weeell. I can't even explain why it suddenly became my top tier one absolute favourite Pokémon of all time. It just.. happend. But it happend before in my life, that I disliked something and ended up loving it. Like Aphelios, a character, that he is named after. I hated him so much at the beginning, but he ended up becoming my biggest comfort character. It's special. My shiny Lycanroc is named after his sister, Alune. It just matches perfectly, I'm happy to have a boy and a girl. ^w^
Wolves are my favourite animals, I love the night, red was my first favourite color, I love feral designs and fluffy, edgy Pokémon. I mean, Lucario was (and still is) one of my favourite Pokémon. Delphox, Salazzle, Zoroark. Welp. I'm a furry. Ehehe. I guess, that's one big reason why I love it so much.
Anyway- I got sooo excited when Alola was finally out and I could have my absolute favourite baby on my favourite Pokémon browser game. He really means a lot to me. :3
Adoptable

Shiny Lycanroc. Well. Obvious.
Blue Shinies are my absolute favorites and Lycanroc is my favourite Pokémon. I never bred a shiny before, I wasn't very lucky and barely had any money for breeding. But I wanted it so badly. It stinged and ached so badly when I saw other people getting it from random eggs and I thought, I'd never have a chance to get one with my OT, I wouldn't want one with someone elses OT. I got an egg from the daycare before I had to sleep and tossed it in the CE. It was always the first thing that I did when I'd wake up - checking Virtuadopt. Usually I need super long to wake up and I'm a very sleepy person. But when I saw my little Shiny Rockruff girl in my box, I couldn't believe my eyes, I just gasped and yelled and woke my flatmate up. I can not put into words how happy I was in this moment, and I still can't believe this happend to me. I expected I'd need years to maaaybe get it, but here she is. I love her sooo, so much. <3
Adoptable

Shiny Blossom Deino.
Gosh. I wanted this promo so, so badly, I was so desperated, that I couldn't get or have it, most people with just an insane amout of money had a chance to get it. Spoiler - not me. Well. The event was just about to end and I was talking with someone in the DMs about it and gushed over it and we both tried to get it. Well, they eventually got it, and I was jealous, but also happy for them and thought they very much deserve it. But then they send me the ID and VA code for it and I just..?? IDK!! ;w; I'm STILL not over it, and that was in 2014. I'M SO SHY! And still so happy! This will never be forgotten. Thank you so incredibly much, Ryou_Kimura, for your kindness. I'll keep this bab forever and give them lots of love, cuddles and smoochies, I promise. What a beautiful promo. Blossom Deino inspired me to become a dragon collector, btw! My absolute favorite type together with fire.
Adoptable

Shiny Noibat.
I'm still very mad at myself that I traded the one with my OT away, but I got another one at some point. I forgot what I traded for it. It has Jore's OT.
I transfered it, because it's my favourite bat Pokémon and one of my favourite dragons. Bats are also the favorite animals of my girlfriend and they love Shiny Noibat very much. x3 I just hope, maybe, one day, I can have one with my OT again. But for now... lots of love for her. c:
Adoptable

Shiny Giratina.
I wish I still knew what I traded for you, but all I remember is, that it was my left kidney. Haha.
Giratina is one of my absolute favourite Legendary Pokémon, and it's shiny is just... sooo frickin' cool. As a dragon collector, this was a must have for me. Someone posted one for trade in the GTS and I just tossed everything I could find into that trade and discussed more things in the DMs with them. I eventually got it and I'm happy. x3
Adoptable

Dusk Lycanroc.
Not my favourite form, but it feels somehow special to have a original one from old VA, because the Night form is my favourite. I also like his name. Orange juice wolf. Heh. Cutie!
I remember how I've spend days with someone on this website to figure out how to evolve it into this form and it literally took us so long, probably two weeks? I felt sorry for her, because it is her favourite form, but at the same hand it was so much fun to talk about it so much and tried plenty different things out - the most weird, must-be-impossible methods. I loved it. This is a nice memory of it!
Adoptable

Shiny Cookie Vaporeon and Shiny Pirate Vaporeon.
After Lycanroc, Vaporeon is my second most favourite Pokémon. I got so excited when it got a monthly, it's so cute, I love pirate Vaporeon very much. I didn't activly played when Cookie Vaporeon came out, but a kind player traded me one. x3 Thank you, Jore!
Looking at Vaporeon just sparks happiness in me! And I just need everything Vaporeon related. >:3
Adoptable Adoptable

Vampoochy.
Ah, what an adorable little fella. I don't know what I traded for it. I think it was Shiny Puffy (The Meloetta/Jigglypuff Contest Promo). But not sure!
I just have a weakness for halloween promos, what a baby. ^w^
Adoptable
Icon: Zhou__Mao

Adoptable Adoptable Image Image ImageAdoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

I've only brought over 3 so far, not cause I can't choose but due to the possibilities that arise from this reset. Unlike a lot of other members I wasn't around for a lot of the promos and such that I ended up collecting over the years. By the time I found VA they were all locked behind old events that were never to be repeated. I put a lot of effort into collecting them for the goal of simply trying to color all the grey boxes of the dex that I could. My absolute fav pokemon wasn't even possible because Zapdos was given away years'n years'n years ago and were so rare even trades were basically impossible.

As such, even the promos I did obtain and really enjoyed were all through trade and don't really feel 'earned' in the way that they would have if there had been any possibility of a 'rerun' so to speak. So sadly I just don't actually have a ton of sentimental attachment to very many of my old collection. But there are a couple.

Adoptable
I managed to hatch Jökull as my first alolan sandshrew and couldn't have been luckier. Sandshrew's line has always been a favorite of mine though due to its terribad everything in the games I could never justify really using one. But thankfully on VA all that matters is the art & story you have around adopts :3 I think he's gorgeous and just really appreciate the work that went into the art. Just makes me happy looking at him.

Adoptable
This lil' guy was next because it was the closest I could get to my all-time favorite pokemon. And he's a little special cause he was brought back from the dead when Knuseron removed at random any bonus Chicken Zapdos' from everyone on site when it was found being able to get more than 5 was a bug. I had already invested a bundle of credits and everything into him, and when I voiced my sorrow that he had been one of the ones removed he was instantly switched out with another even with his still to be used credits attached <3

Adoptable
Dis guy I'm still trying to find a suitable name, but I brought 'em over cause I think its very pretty and I very much enjoyed the breeding challenge that went into trying to obtain it. I would absolutely love more simple events like this one was. I'm also just a sucker for gradients. So it's mostly cause I really enjoy the art.

There's a Zorua promo I was given by a friend that I am thinking is next on my list.

For the rest I'm stuck on deciding what to bring over until the question of 'will any previous promos be re-introduced?' If so, then I would honestly prefer to earn them on this VA reset instead of bring them over. But if not... Then I'd probably honestly be choosing based on how much I love the art, and perhaps the couple I earned in contests :3
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

Guess it's time for Round 2.
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable

Starting with a pair of adopts. They were both trade gifts from a friend of mine on this site.
Shaymin is one of my favorite Pokemon.
And Mr. Grinch Mime is just an ass. I mean, just look at him.

Adoptable

During one holiday season back in 2012, Candy Cane Vulpix released and was a super popular special adopt. But the problem was that the probability of winning one was set too low and very few people managed to actually get one. I did not, and had to trade for mine, and I am forever grateful that I got one in some capacity.

AdoptableAdoptable

A former user of the site was hosting a giveaway to get rid of all of their adoptables to the community. These two were among some of the Pokemon I ended up getting. Odd bit of trivia. MissingNo. is a cursed adopt, because for whatever reason a good chunk of them that existed were owned by banned users.

Adoptable

I won this adopt while playing the Raffle towards the tail end of Jirachi's release window. I spent over $50,000 in tickets to make sure I won that raffle. No regrets.

Adoptable

Summer Kirlia is one of my favorite adopts in general. I have a long list but this one goes toward the higher tiers of it. Very limited release window both times it was out. I traded for mine and I think it cost me three legs.

Adoptable

Arceus was available for quite a long time even after I joined the site. There were random Plates everywhere and all that. This particular Arcues was my very first Arceus. I traded almost all of them to the same person to gave me my Grinch Mime and Shaymin because they were collecting Arceus. The only thing missing from Arceus is its Meadow Plate.

Adoptable

Much like Summer Kirlia, I traded for my first Mew, and it cost me at least 5 kidneys. Don't ask where all the parts came from. SCP-682 does not need to know.

Adoptable

Do you remember that whole event with the storm clouds and the weird land and the beads? Everyone was assigned a color and they gave the beads to other people and that gave them that color of Vivillion. The purple one is actually my favorite of the three types.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Jore

Post by Jore »

Yay Round 2 :)
Spoiler:
Adoptable
My 5th favorite Special Dex Adopt I lvled to Top1, but didn't migrate earlier because I knew that medal will hide the very important Joltik :cry:

Adoptable
I will never forget this 'event' so it's a must-have xD

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
I like pumpkinmons, had to choose 3 of 8 I have so I decided for the non-shinies first, the rest will follow soon :D

AdoptableAdoptable
Spend ~half-a-year breeding each one of them till I hatched a female shiny, I really wanted them but never found anyone to trade, so this makes them more special to me ^_^
(also trying to get a female shiny Torchic on New VA will get very... frustrating I guess q.q)

Last are the female forms because I asked for them in the forum =]
jirachi100

Post by jirachi100 »

I missed this thread the first time, so I have 20 adopts to go through.
Spoiler for This is pretty long:
Adoptable
Jirachi is my favorite Pokemon, which was probably guessable by my username. I won a couple of them, all with me as the original trainer, which I plan to migrate later.

Adoptable
One of the Pokemon I hatched in my first few days of VA was this Pachirisu. The egg was named after my favorite character at the time, Kirby, and Pachirisu was one of my top favorite Pokemon back then as well. I ended up adoring this Virtuadopt as a result.

Adoptable
There's not much of an explanation why but Azurill was a huge favorite of mine and I was really proud to breed one myself. There were a few other baby Pokemon I loved that I bred, but I cherished this Azurill more than them.

These three were all some of my dream promos, which I managed to get from a quitting user. They are also the same species as the three Pokemon above.

Adoptable
This Meloetta is a special case. My past self would certainly not have picked it in my first 10 migrations. What happened is I have become a bit obsessed with the character I named it after.

Adoptable
This Karrablast was my first shiny. Originally named "Shiny?! o.o" because I was in shock. This egg was adopted on my second day of playing VA, so of course I didn't expect it. After migrating, I came up with the perfect new name. Kabu from Bug Fables!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
There's not a lot to say individually about my other shinies. All of them I hatched myself and I decided to never trade one unless I had an unwanted extra. I only hatched 9 shinies (that means there are 3 left to migrate), so I never had any extras.

Adoptable
This Corsola promo I obtained through a trade during my newbie days of VA. I do not remember what I traded, but I still love this promo anyway.

Adoptable
This Murkrow promo came from the same trade as above and I consider these two to be best friends. At one point there was an enormous gap between the two in my box, but now that I've migrated them, I think I will keep them next to each other like I had done originally.

AdoptableAdoptable
I of course had to send over my birthday promos. They're very cute! These were the only two I had.

I have a love for stars, so I tried to get the full set of Zodiac promos. I believe the only one I couldn't obtain was Starry Dwebble. I plan to migrate the rest of this incomplete set, and maybe one day I will get that last one from a re-release.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableImageImageImageAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable