State of the Virtuadopt

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
KopierKatze
La vie en rose.

Re: State of the Virtuadopt

Post by KopierKatze »

Yeah I do. So there is a chance to transfer some old adopts? But not all of the special ones I guess, so you gotta choose wisely?
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

We don't have any information on that yet. I only know that we can transfer some over. But which ones and how many isn't determined yet, I think.
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
bluebell_rose

Post by bluebell_rose »

We should be able to transfer everything over. Many of us who worked hard for our shinies now have to pick and choose what to dump and keep? My shiny mew? You want to take him hostage? I'm still pissed at the shiny eletrike I lost and haven't been able to rehatch because of a rollback due to having to use a month old backup. Give us back our shinies.
Join Yarolds to raise your eggs fast! Join The mob and be part of an awesome Team ! We can teach you to click 400 links in 10 mins! Pm me to learn how. Only PM me if you aren't already in a dyn.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

I also "lost" my shiny event eevee that was the only existing one on site and I love to death. I had hundreds of shinies and rare events I worked really really hard for (either breeding for years or working hours on contests entries). BUT I am still glad that we didn't loose VA in the entirety. Plus we will be able to transfer some (and we still don't know if it will be 5 or 200 - keep that in mind!) virtuadopts over. Just be patient.
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: April 1st, 2022, 12:06 am These changes come at a cost, everyone is starting over from the beginning. Money, items, you name it, have all been purged. Your Virtuadopts are still alive and well in the old system, but you cannot view them at this time. More details are coming on how to transfer some of them to this new system and how many you can bring over. For now, you can view your old adoptables at old.virtuadopt.com but it is a little buggy and any changes will not be reflected when the migration tool is made available. It will be available for a week or so if you want to take screenshots or save pictures of your collections.
As stated here: viewtopic.php?t=23954

Nothing is lost.
As Akemie said, everyone please be patient. And meanwhile, hatch some eggs in the improved CE until you can get (some of) your beloved old adopts back ;)
bluebell_rose

Post by bluebell_rose »

I'll believe it when I see it. I don't have high hopes I'll keep my good stuff. By some you mean I can keep the crappy stuff? Pffft.
Join Yarolds to raise your eggs fast! Join The mob and be part of an awesome Team ! We can teach you to click 400 links in 10 mins! Pm me to learn how. Only PM me if you aren't already in a dyn.
Dragonclaw

Post by Dragonclaw »

It's unbelievable how ungrateful some people are. :)
You know that the alternative was to lose Virtuadopt forever and completely? That one person sacrifice so much of their money, time and work so a hand full of people don't lose this website? And I'm very grateful for this. It's just seriously painful to see how some people don't appreciate all of this.
Yankee already said multiple times we can transfer some adopts in the future that we can select ourselves. That's why the old website is still online. I don't get why some people make a huge drama out of this right now. It just doesn't seem to be fair...
I'm sorry for this post. It just makes me seriously angry and sad. I won't say more.
Icon: Zhou__Mao

Adoptable Adoptable Image Image ImageAdoptable
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

bluebell_rose wrote: April 6th, 2022, 12:42 pm I'll believe it when I see it. I don't have high hopes I'll keep my good stuff. By some you mean I can keep the crappy stuff? Pffft.
The site admin said we will be able to transfer adopts.
It is currently unconfirmed on which conditons (for example if they will be "live" and still gain levels, if they will be static images, if they will start at Lv 1 again, how many adopts etc), but it was confirmed we will be able to choose them ourselves when the time comes. So: you can choose which adopts to take over the now refreshed site. Your choice if you take "crappy" or "precious" adopts.
But it will take time, and you propably wont be able to take every single one. We currently only have 151 Mons available - i'd assume it would be impossible to transfer anything that is not in the site's code, so I'm once more assuming (not knowing!) that with each added region, Pokemon out of that region might be able to be brought over.

Until then, you can go to old.virtuadopt and look at your old adopts there. Download their pictures. Take Screenshots. Whatever you like to do.

What was confirmed by the site admin to be gone is only money and items of the old site. But with the new version of the Click Exchange, you can easily get all the Money and Items you could need in no time.

We could have lost Virtuadopt. I don't know about you, but I'd rather restart once in 13 years than losing all the memories I had with this site.
Tango

Post by Tango »

KopierKatze wrote: April 6th, 2022, 8:28 am Yea that feels kinda unfair. The site has been down for some days and you get punished for not checking everyday if it's back or not.
For me, months ago I would check back a few days a week and would always hit the Cloudfare error or VA server wasn't responding, or etc etc. The site was down for a very long time a few months ago so that's when I stopped checking back all the time [plus work was crazy busy for fiscal year ends Mar 31st]. So, yes, it was rather unfair to get punished for stopping wanting to see the inaccessible pages that made you think VA was down for good this time. Though, coming back to finally not seeing it down but rebooted..! Was a plus :3

The mew was available for only ~36 hours (going by announcement timestamps). I found out that VA was back alive and moving at the 48 hr mark, so it was a pretty big FOMO trigger honestly which I really hope doesn't continue.

BUT! It's still super nice to see VA back up and running regardless <3
Yankees is working hard behind the scenes improving things a little bit at a time & rewriting years worth of code to be better in the long run. This is really your opportunity to help make VA better than it was. This is a building period. Help build it. Didn't like how something worked before? Now's the best time you have to suggest a better way.

As SchokoKitsune has been linking & sharing the old isn't gone and there were discussions already about how to treat the old ones that are ported over. Thought and time is going into this. Maybe don't give up just yet.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Ryou_Kimura
Daisuki Bruno-Chan

Post by Ryou_Kimura »

Honestly, I am happy if we will be able to get old adopts over when the dex is fully back again.
If they start at level 1 again? I don't mind.
I have to start my collection again? I don't mind much either.
I don't expect us to be able to transport special dex adopts over - If we can keep a few I'd be happy and suprsised, but I really understand if we can't.

What I'd like to keep the most are the hatched & traded shinies and some high leveled mons that mean a lot to me (like my Chatot for example).

I didn't expect VA to come back at all.
Especially not with everything reset.
If we can't take anything over - would be really sad, but even that would be kinda understandable (as well as the frustration and people leaving, but new ones will come and I don't think we are in a position where we should demand anything).
EVRYONE has to start as 0 equally again. Would be sad, but no reason to complain.
I mean, now we already know at some point in the future we can bring something over. I don't care when, having a chance to be able to is nice enough.
Yankees is doing all of this for us in his spare time after all.
It's nice to see VA filled with life and users again!
We should be grateful.

(I hope we get trading back next, so that we can get the trade evolutions. Maybe with an automatic trade deletion after 1 month or so.)
Main Collections: Sandshrew, Chatot, Lucario, Shellos (blue), Corviknight
Side Collections: Girafarig, Swablu, Joltik, Minccino, Skiddo, Snom
Lady007

Post by Lady007 »

TsukinoRan wrote: April 1st, 2022, 6:04 am
Lady007 wrote: April 1st, 2022, 5:53 am I'm only sad that all my babies are now gone. I hope it helps to go into a great new future of virtuadopt.

thank you for all your hard work.
Well, as detailed in this Post here:
viewtopic.php?t=23954
They are all still here, but not interactable or viewable at the moment.
ah, there are still here, that's good to know, thank you :D
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

While expected, it's unfortunate to see some of the negativity.

Some of you may have noticed shiny Mew has a different promo medal compared to the bird trio. Veteran players may even recognize that medal as being the original promo medal. This is 100% intentional and a throwback to the way the original shiny Mew was released (which was during the site launch). Was that your only shot at getting a shiny Mew? Of course not. Sure, that promo medal was exclusive to just the relaunch event, but it's just a medal.

I can also say Johto has been loaded into the new system, and is just disabled until a release date is picked.
251.png
251.png (21.29 KiB) Viewed 758 times
With that process fully figured out, I can start creating an automated process of migrating all the Pokemon, monthlies, and various event promos into this new dex system. There will still be some manual data entry for evolving and hatch/gender rates, but I am still moving forward with the plan of allowing any Pokemon and nearly all monthly/event promos to be migrated. It gets messy with customizable ones, so they're still an unknown/unlikely option.
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

Heads up yankee, there will always be problems^^'
So far it looks pretty good, am excited for the new work on the site^^V
SchokoKitsune

Post by SchokoKitsune »

Thank you, yankee, for putting so much work into Virtuadopt. <3

I'm hyped for a Johto-Re-Release - no matter when it happens.
(And I'm also very hyped for Alolan-Re-Release one day.. but we'll cross that bridge when we get there, right :D)
Siemik
Star Guardian

Post by Siemik »

Woah, I think it is far too soon for Johto update x.x But good to know that the site is getting more updates ;3
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Time to hit the drawing board then. 🎨
Tokoyami

Post by Tokoyami »

its great to see so much activity again on the site, im really hyped for the johto adopts :3
im really enjoying the reset so far and im glad we will be able to transfer at least some of our older adopts <3

thanks for your great work so far yankee.
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
Dragonclaw

Post by Dragonclaw »

Thank you so much for all the work and effort that you put into this website for us, Yankee. <3
I'm very excited for the future of VA!!
Icon: Zhou__Mao

Adoptable Adoptable Image Image ImageAdoptable
Glichu

Post by Glichu »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 4:08 pm While expected, it's unfortunate to see some of the negativity.

Some of you may have noticed shiny Mew has a different promo medal compared to the bird trio. Veteran players may even recognize that medal as being the original promo medal. This is 100% intentional and a throwback to the way the original shiny Mew was released (which was during the site launch). Was that your only shot at getting a shiny Mew? Of course not. Sure, that promo medal was exclusive to just the relaunch event, but it's just a medal.

I can also say Johto has been loaded into the new system, and is just disabled until a release date is picked.
251.png

With that process fully figured out, I can start creating an automated process of migrating all the Pokemon, monthlies, and various event promos into this new dex system. There will still be some manual data entry for evolving and hatch/gender rates, but I am still moving forward with the plan of allowing any Pokemon and nearly all monthly/event promos to be migrated. It gets messy with customizable ones, so they're still an unknown/unlikely option.
What a great news! Thank you for all that you're doing for VA and for us :)
AdoptableAdoptable
General amount of hatched shinies: 122
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

UkeSora wrote: April 6th, 2022, 5:05 pm Time to hit the drawing board then. 🎨
Draw us some nice adopts ^^