GTS suggestion

You have an idea for site or have a suggestion to make it better? Post here.
Tongari

GTS suggestion

Post by Tongari »

I'm not sure if this suggestions has already been postet in the past and since I'm rather new to this site I don't know if it's an actually good idea. But I try it nonetheless.

I think it would be easier in the GTS section for recent trades that, instead of '<<<<------>>>>' to get to the next page, if there were a way to select other pages directly and separately.
Something like '<<<<--- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 20 --->>>>'. So with the first and last arrows you would get to the first and last page and otherwise choose to which page you want to go.

Don't know if that would help or not, just thought about it while clicking through the pages one by one ^^°
Love and Peace
Clickbox
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Re: GTS suggestion

Post by PokeTrade »

Just a tip, you can play around with the URL of the GTS to quickly navigate to pages.

https://www.virtuadopt.com/gts.php?do=view&page=1

Simply adjust the number at the end. Example:
https://www.virtuadopt.com/gts.php?do=view&page=100
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Tongari

Post by Tongari »

Ah, I did not know that, thanks for the tip :D
Love and Peace
Clickbox
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

While playing with the URL is fine, adding a page system does seem like a more clean way to set that up.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Another alternative would be to have trades expire after a couple weeks or month or whatever. There is no good reason to leave trades up for several months. Either they got no offer they wanted or they just plain never looked. Either way, the trade doesn’t need to stay up.
Adoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

49ER wrote: February 20th, 2020, 12:44 am Another alternative would be to have trades expire after a couple weeks or month or whatever. There is no good reason to leave trades up for several months. Either they got no offer they wanted or they just plain never looked. Either way, the trade doesn’t need to stay up.
All of the upvotes.

I don't think I've gone beyond maaaaybe page 5 so wouldn't get any use out of specific page select. But that may be because I check the trades near daily so rarely leave the 1st page outside of the first day of a new release.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════