Lottery 4 number match should be adjusted

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
49ER

Lottery 4 number match should be adjusted

Post by 49ER »

The amount to win with a 4 number lottery match seems way too low, in both the cash and especially in the coins payout.

The odds of winning a 4 number match is 1 in 8668 with the current setup so it is very rare and hard to get. The amount won for a 5 number match pays 1 million cash, and 200k coins, which is also how much it costs to buy a shiny Meloetta currently

However, for a 4 number match, it only pays 50k cash and 2500 coins, which is not even enough to buy a normal meloetta. Since normal meloetta costs 10k coins currently, you would have to win a 4 number match 4 times in order to buy one. I honestly believe if someone is fortunate enough to be able to get a 4 number combo, they should at least have enough coins to buy a regular promo, minimum. I also think the cash should be doubled as well. Even at 100k cash, it would still be only 10 percent of the main prize. The coins should be adjusted at least to be enough to buy the normal prize.
Adoptable
Pokemon Knight

Re: Lottery 4 number match should be adjusted

Post by Pokemon Knight »

If someone did get a 4 number match they will definitely get more than 2500/50k due to getting multiple 3/2/1 matches
If you want something like this VV just PM me ;)
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

I'm fine with the current system and against changing it to make it easier. We saw what that did in the past...
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
Tango

Post by Tango »

It's probably fine as is, since as Knight mentioned you don't just win a 4-match; you get other wins too at the same time. And unless you're really lucky you've probably got hundreds of them due to buying thousands of tickets. It is unfortunate for a non-rich player as there would be a chance at not winning enough for the Meloetta if you did get a 4-match, but I feel the last thing VA needs is more money floating around with the members who already have tons of money -- and they are the ones to most likely win that.

There's already over 1200 Meloetta, 3/4 of them sitting on just a single user, and the next ones up having over 50. The Lotto promo isn't too hard to get with just a few rounds of play even for a poor member so doesn't seem too necessary.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

As much as I really still dislike the lottery, making it even more of a payout would be very unwise. Unless you manage to get incredibly lucky and get a 4-match after only buying a handful of tickets, like Knight said, you get many other matches with the amount of tickets you need to buy to win a 4-match.

There's already a ton of the promo floating around, and so many of the shiny versions that they arent even worth very much any more to anyone but the people who dont have the shinies yet, or are still too poor to get the money to buy enough tickets for the promo.

As frustratingly broken as the lottery is, it's nearly the best it could be now. The rich users get more reward and the poor users have to work a lot harder to catch up, and unfortunently, theres not much that can be done to change that.

All in all, making any of the match rewards bigger would almost garuntee benefit only to the people who are able to buy the favor 1 in 8668 odds, therefor making the lottery even more broken than it already is.
So, no support. Sorry.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I started out with less than $3m capital.
I now have over $5m capital.
I've won the jackpot 3 times I think. Maybe 4. That's less than 50% of the drawings.

And you want more of a payout?
Yeah no. No support.

I'm actually trying to prove the exact opposite point with this.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

Making a consistent profit not only monetary wise but also promo wise on the lotto is only going to get worse since you can build up coins ^^; 84 shiny Meloetta is worse than the overflow of regular Volcaneon methinks. And just imagine how many the next one will be without drastically inflating the cost; which gets back into the discouraging/hurting poorer players trying to participate.

If anything... as much as it would hurt my own chances of ever getting Lotto promos, I feel the shiny shouldn't be buyable (maybe just an auto win for the jackpot) and the regular promo should be the current shiny cost with something else in the 4-match slot.

Or something like that. Cause I imagine there's a good chunk of members just hoarding coins for whenever lotto changes. (Cause that was my plan, just I can't afford the shiny as I get like ~500 coins a draw if I'm lucky)
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

The issue is that I don't think we really know what purpose the Lottery should have. I wanted it to be a money sink, and for it to distribute promos that would have been a bit difficult to get.

What we have now is some wierd medium, which has become a promo dispenser. I'm not sure that was the intent, but that's what it is now.

So what the Lotto is supposed to do needs to be rethought. My opinion is not a popular one, so I'll withhold that opinion from here on.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

The shiny price was raised as a consequence to a larger problem which I'm pretty sure I've given solutions to. But they got ignored, so I've wiped my hands clean of this issue.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I am really only talking about the coins to buy promos with the 4 number match. Compared to what is paid in coins for 3 number matches and 5 number matches, seems way too low, considering how hard it is to even match 4. And for a poor player, getting a 4 match and not even having enough to buy one normal seems wrong. And yes, some people are gaining for some reason on the lottery, but I always lose money. I don't mind sinking money to at least get a decent amount of coins, but that is not happening for me either.
Adoptable